Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19
Re: Bubba Wallace [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13604583 06/22/20 10:44 PM
chickenman Offline
1:28
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
As if clearly racism does not exist in Alabama. It's on full display at Talladega.

Your prejudice is flying loud and proud. You prejudged those with rebel flags which is exactly what you're speaking out against, prejudice.

I'm very disappointed that some of y'all want to assume that it's a fraud or a fake.

We can go back in the search time machine and report how many were on board with Juicy Smollettes claim.

Be informed, not influenced.

[Linked Image]
Re: Bubba Wallace [Re: racing75] #13604586 06/22/20 10:46 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
And there are many examples of it.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Bubba Wallace [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13604600 06/22/20 11:09 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
I don't care if it was a shoelace. The message is the same.

I'm very disappointed that some of y'all want to assume that it's a fraud or a fake.

As if clearly racism does not exist in Alabama. It's on full display at Talladega. At least a dozen vendors selling Confederate flags directly across from the speedway, a private plane flying a Confederate flag banner with a message to "Defund NASCAR" made multiple passes over the track yesterday.

I tend to take somebody at their word until theyve proved in their character otherwise.

Assume positive intent rather than jump to assume the worst right away.

Be informed not influenced.

I do not doubt there is racism dan, I have seen it many times and it’s not just white folk-
Every other racist seems to get a pass though, and its what you yourself pre judge and shake your finger at a lot of times seem to be pointed at only one race-
Why is that Dan?

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Bubba Wallace [Re: racing75] #13604603 06/22/20 11:12 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
It’s weird to me for a few reasons.

1. It doesn’t seem like you’d leave a car sitting there with no one from the team right next to it. Especially in a sport where manipulating or bending the rules on car set up happens almost every single race. Maybe he sucks at driving so much that they figure no one would mess with his car.
2. How did someone just carry a noose around and no one noticed? Did they have it in a bag? Seems weird you could get all the way in the garage carrying a noose.
3. How come we haven’t seen a picture of it yet? Seems like if they are investigating, showing people what the noose looked like might help. Someone might recognize the materials before it was fashioned into a noose.

Dan is prejudice.

Re: Bubba Wallace [Re: chickenman] #13604608 06/22/20 11:14 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by chickenman
As if clearly racism does not exist in Alabama. It's on full display at Talladega.

Your prejudice is flying loud and proud. You prejudged those with rebel flags which is exactly what you're speaking out against, prejudice.

We can go back in the search time machine and report how many were on board with Juicy Smollettes claim.

Be informed, not influenced.

Is the south not part of America? Why not an American flag or a state flag? Especially given that so many people, millions, have expressed that that flag represents something negative to them.

The history would suggest, emotions aside, that is a flag of traitors who killed Americans in a failed bid to succeed from the Union. Then rejoined the Union and pledged to an American flag.

On your second point I thought "Juicy" was full of s*** from the get-go. Tried to be open minded and wait for details. When the information came out it was definitely b*******.

White dudes, in Chicago with MAGA hats, at 3am, in snow and ice? They had bleach and a noose and southern accents? And despite going by about 50 cameras they were never caught on any of them?

Again, I never went to the bunker it just came to the OT.

Re: Bubba Wallace [Re: chickenman] #13604616 06/22/20 11:22 PM
G
Gourdbuster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G

prej·u·dice
/ˈprejədəs/
Learn to pronounce
noun
preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

"(4) No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed.

-The Constitution of the Confederate States

"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition."

-Alexander H. Stephens Vice President of the CSA 1861"

“You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.
We're all part of the same compost heap.
We're the all singing, all dancing [censored] of the world.”

-Chuck Palahniuk

Re: Bubba Wallace [Re: Gourdbuster] #13604676 06/23/20 12:27 AM
chickenman Offline
Is the south not part of America? Why not an American flag or a state flag? Especially given that so many people, millions, have expressed that that flag represents something negative to them.

Burning an American flag represents something negative to millions of people. Rainbow flags represent something negative to millions of people. Flags from other countries something negative to millions of people. For a vast majority of Americans that wave a confederate flag, it does not symbolize racism but Southern pride instead. That is something a person from outside of the south may not understand which is understandable.

Originally Posted by Gourdbuster
"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition."

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races,”

-Abraham Lincoln September 18, 1858

The Emancipation Proclamation didn’t actually free all enslaved people.Since Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation as a military measure, it didn’t apply to border slave states like Delaware, Maryland, Kentucky and Missouri. Oddly, all of which were loyal to the Union.

Maybe we could have a Lincolns War discussion one day. Until then, farewell. coolio

[Linked Image]
Re: Bubba Wallace [Re: chickenman] #13604700 06/23/20 12:47 AM
G
Gourdbuster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G

Burning an American flag represents something negative to millions of people. Rainbow flags represent something negative to millions of people. Flags from other countries something negative to millions of people. For a vast majority of Americans that wave a confederate flag, it does not symbolize racism but Southern pride instead. That is something a person from outside of the south may not understand which is understandable.

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races,”

-Abraham Lincoln September 18, 1858

The Emancipation Proclamation didn’t actually free all enslaved people.Since Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation as a military measure, it didn’t apply to border slave states like Delaware, Maryland, Kentucky and Missouri. Oddly, all of which were loyal to the Union.

Maybe we could have a Lincolns War discussion one day. Until then, farewell. coolio

Gladly, I love discussing the Civil War. cheers

Lincoln said a lot of things to get elected as all politicians do. But his intentions and feelings regarding slavery was enough even if it unspoken to cause South Carolina to secede before he was even inaugurated.

He also said this in his famous and often misquoted Greeley letter.

"I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free."

True the emancipation proclamation applied only to states in rebellion. Lincolns first and foremost priority was preserving the Union.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Re: Bubba Wallace [Re: racing75] #13604710 06/23/20 12:56 AM
G
Gourdbuster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G
But I can think of no other time when waving a flag of a particular cause or nation, does not mean you are promoting that cause or nation's ideals.

If you wave a rainbow flag it fair to interpret that you support gay people.

If you wave an American flag it is fair to interpret that you are a patriotic American.

Wave a diving flag it is fair to interpret that you dive.

Wave a Confederate battle flag and it is fair to interpret that you support the intentions and ideals of the Confederacy.

It doesn't really make sense to see it any other way.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Re: Bubba Wallace [Re: racing75] #13604717 06/23/20 01:15 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
There is only one flag...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Bubba Wallace [Re: Gourdbuster] #13604776 06/23/20 02:06 AM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
But I can think of no other time when waving a flag of a particular cause or nation, does not mean you are promoting that cause or nation's ideals.

If you wave an American flag it is fair to interpret that you are a patriotic American.

Wave a Confederate battle flag and it is fair to interpret that you support the intentions and ideals of the Confederacy.

Not far off there. It doesnt mean that the people waving those flags feel the same way as you interpret but I definitely see your point. Although, at some point all Americans need to understand that it's perfectly ok to have differences, live different lives, etc, as long as we all have the same freedoms and opportunities. We have went from one extreme and are now heading towards another.

Re: Bubba Wallace [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13604820 06/23/20 02:59 AM
C
crankn101 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
I don't care if it was a shoelace. The message is the same.

As if clearly racism does not exist in Alabama. It's on full display at Talladega. At least a dozen vendors selling Confederate flags directly across from the speedway, a private plane flying a Confederate flag banner with a message to "Defund NASCAR" made multiple passes over the track yesterday.

I tend to take somebody at their word until theyve proved in their character otherwise.

Assume positive intent rather than jump to assume the worst right away.

Be informed not influenced.

Lol

Oh wait, this is a serious post?

Re: Bubba Wallace [Re: racing75] #13604836 06/23/20 03:21 AM
TheBiscuit Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
[Linked Image]

Retired:
Re: Bubba Wallace [Re: TexDawg] #13604851 06/23/20 03:36 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by TexDawg
Never heard of him, honestly

Me either! I also do not watch NASCAR! noidea

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Bubba Wallace [Re: the skipper] #13604899 06/23/20 09:27 AM
G
Gourdbuster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by the skipper

Not far off there. It doesnt mean that the people waving those flags feel the same way as you interpret but I definitely see your point. Although, at some point all Americans need to understand that it's perfectly ok to have differences, live different lives, etc, as long as we all have the same freedoms and opportunities. We have went from one extreme and are now heading towards another.

Those differences you speak of are fine, of course. Have them. I'll interpret them the way I see them. But it's up to those that wave those flags to be ok with the way they are perceived. If they are ok with that. Then fine. It tells me a lot about more about those people than I would have otherwise known.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide