Page 1 of 2 1 2
careful dealing with Amazon... #13580148 06/02/20 09:45 PM
B
beartrap Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
I ordered some sugarless gum and mints from amazon earlier today and little while ago received the following e-mail...

Dear customer,
Your Amazon Prime Membership is set to renew on June 2, 2020.
However, we've noticed that the card associated with your Prime membership is no longer valid. To update the default card or choose a new one for your membership, Please find the document attached and follow the on-screen instructions.
To prevent interruption of your benefits, we will try charging other active cards associated with your Amazon account if we can't charge your default card. If we can't process the charge for your membership fee, your Amazon Prime benefits will be suspended.
Sincerely,
The Amazon Prime Team

like most people,I've got a credit card on file with amazon and I have to update the expiration date every couple of years...I almost gave them the info until I remembered that .I've never had a prime membership and no intentions of buying one....to me this is just an unethical,underhanded way of fooling people into buying a prime membership that most of us do not need...also I searched their website and can find no way to contact them and tell them what a chickens**t bunch of sumbitches they are....

Re: careful dealing with Amazon... [Re: beartrap] #13580152 06/02/20 09:47 PM
O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O
If your card is expired, I wouldn't expect them to send you any gum and mints.

Last edited by outfishdya; 06/02/20 09:47 PM.

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: careful dealing with Amazon... [Re: beartrap] #13580153 06/02/20 09:48 PM
Ted Martin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
amazon had nothing to do with it. its a phishing scheme sent by a scammer to get your info.
Look carefully at the message, there are some tell-tale signs.
delete it and do not open the PDF attached.
Be safe.

Re: careful dealing with Amazon... [Re: Ted Martin] #13580158 06/02/20 09:53 PM
B
Blue Moon Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Ted Martin
amazon had nothing to do with it. its a phishing scheme sent by a scammer to get your info.
Be safe.

X2
Amazon will never send you an unsolicited email that asks you to provide sensitive personal information like your social security number, tax ID, bank account number, credit card information, ID questions like your mother's maiden name or your password. If you receive a suspicious email, report it immediately.

Read this from Amazon regarding phishing scams

Re: careful dealing with Amazon... [Re: outfishdya] #13580159 06/02/20 09:54 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by outfishdya
If your card is expired, I wouldn't expect them to send you any gum and mints.

This

Re: careful dealing with Amazon... [Re: Ted Martin] #13580163 06/02/20 09:55 PM
U
uncle_bagster Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
U
Be safe.

Exactly. I just got one about 5 minutes ago. If you have questions about your card, go into the Amazon site itself to check.

Re: careful dealing with Amazon... [Re: beartrap] #13580168 06/02/20 10:02 PM
B
beartrap Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
thanks for the info....have sent copy of e-mail to amazon and my apologies to amazon.....

Re: careful dealing with Amazon... [Re: beartrap] #13580169 06/02/20 10:05 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
"To prevent interruption of your benefits, we will try charging other active cards associated with your Amazon account if we can't charge your default card."

Yeah Amazon doesn't do that - another confirmation it's a phishing scam.

Re: careful dealing with Amazon... [Re: beartrap] #13580179 06/02/20 10:16 PM
F
flee fly Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
I get scams every once in a while, it comes from a email with amazon logo on it. It will state like their is suspicious activity in a foreign country and you need to reset your personal info and password. Every time I called amazon they said to forward it to them and delete

byron
Re: careful dealing with Amazon... [Re: Canino] #13580199 06/02/20 10:40 PM
M
mpowell Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Originally Posted by Canino
"To prevent interruption of your benefits, we will try charging other active cards associated with your Amazon account if we can't charge your default card."

I respectfully disagree. Recently an Amazon charge appeared on my company Amex card. I couldn't recall using my company Amex to purchase anything on Amazon on the date of the charge, or any time in the last several weeks. I asked our A/P person to check into for me. She eventually told me it appeared to be a Prime Membership payment. So, I looked at my Amazon payment history and much to my surprise, she was correct. The week before I had misplaced my bank card and canceled it. This was the primary card on my Amazon account and I didn't think to replace it with the new card. When the canceled card was declined for my Prime Membership payment, they found another card linked to my account that was "active" and used it.

And, yes, I immediately went into my Amazon account and removed ALL credit cards with the exception of the one I want them to use.

Re: careful dealing with Amazon... [Re: Ted Martin] #13580206 06/02/20 10:48 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Be safe.

This. Sites like Amazon will never send you a link. They will tell you to log on yourself.

Re: careful dealing with Amazon... [Re: mpowell] #13580207 06/02/20 10:49 PM
B
bronco71 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted by mpowell

I respectfully disagree. Recently an Amazon charge appeared on my company Amex card. I couldn't recall using my company Amex to purchase anything on Amazon on the date of the charge, or any time in the last several weeks. I asked our A/P person to check into for me. She eventually told me it appeared to be a Prime Membership payment. So, I looked at my Amazon payment history and much to my surprise, she was correct. The week before I had misplaced my bank card and canceled it. This was the primary card on my Amazon account and I didn't think to replace it with the new card. When the canceled card was declined for my Prime Membership payment, they found another card linked to my account that was "active" and used it.

And, yes, I immediately went into my Amazon account and removed ALL credit cards with the exception of the one I want them to use.

This is true! My card on file had expired and when my Prime dues were due they used another card that I had used for a previous purchase.... it was a friends card that I used to buy a part for him! I had no idea they kept it on file and he wasn't too happy they charged my Prime dues to it. I delete all cards on file regularly now except for the expired one...

1987 Nitro MX185/Mercury Black Max 150
1999 Triton TX21/225 Mercury Optimax
Re: careful dealing with Amazon... [Re: mpowell] #13580208 06/02/20 10:50 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by mpowell

Thanks for the correction, I didn't think they did that with the Prime Membership.

Re: careful dealing with Amazon... [Re: beartrap] #13580217 06/02/20 10:57 PM
R
redskeet100 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Scam email for sure. I get a couple a month. If you look at the email sender, you will see it is not amazon. Hover your mouse over the address and it will show the real email address.

I order more stuff from Amazon than I care to admit, and 99% of the time it is a seamless transaction. Any returns I have had were seamless as well.

Re: careful dealing with Amazon... [Re: redskeet100] #13580224 06/02/20 11:03 PM
P
Patriot Guard Rider Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by redskeet100
Scam email for sure. I get a couple a month. If you look at the email sender, you will see it is not amazon. Hover your mouse over the address and it will show the real email address.

I order more stuff from Amazon than I care to admit, and 99% of the time it is a seamless transaction. Any returns I have had were seamless as well.

This^^^^

We've had the same email twice in the past week. One sent to me and one to my wife. Our Prime acct is good until 2021 so I knew it was a scam, plus the acct is in my name and my wife rarely orders anything except digital books.

They have an email address you can forward the scam to for them to investigate.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Family is everything!

Life is precious. We donโ€™t have forever. We have now. This moment. We can choose to love our lives now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide