Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575143 05/29/20 01:40 PM
T
Trickster Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
T
We have decent neighbors. Don't do anything with them but chat every now and then.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: Derek ๐Ÿ] #13575148 05/29/20 01:41 PM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
Originally Posted by Derek ๐Ÿ
My neighbors are awesome. I live on what is referred to as party street. We have one throttle and that's full. Drinking with one last night. He's about to put in a pool which I'll dominate and he loves stuff out of my garden. So we came up with a great idea. We're going to redo our fence and put in a sliding gate in the middle. I can go dominate the pool anytime I want and he can come pick stuff out of my garden. Win win.

sounds like an opportunity for Sancho...or Sancha

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575157 05/29/20 01:48 PM
John175โ˜ฎ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
I don't know my neighbors very well. One next door does production work for pro sports...boys, mavs, stars, etc. The other next door is an high tech exec and on the HOA board. Across the street has a jeep and uses a riding mower on their tiny front yard. One replaced their whole yard with new sod. Another has a flag out 24/7/365 and went native plantings, I like that style. Another just moved in. Don't really know much about them.

โ€œDo not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.โ€ -JFK
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: Bob Davis] #13575169 05/29/20 01:56 PM
W
wyliepirate Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Good fences make great neighbors. Neighbors are over-rated. If you get too chummy, something will happen to make you bitter enemies. Know who your neighbors are but only a hand wave or a nod of the head once in a while. Get friends outside of your hood. Thank me later.

This

โ€œ That ainโ€™t rubber, chief. โ€œ
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575173 05/29/20 01:57 PM
S
Stump jumper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Original neighbor to the west was a neat dude. Cajun that taught auto mechanics at Easfield. His skills and access to shop came in handy. Wife was a bitch. On the east side the husband was OK but again wife was wacko. When they put a pool in she insisted on board on board fence because she thought peeping toms would want to see her flat chest. New neigbor on east is great. He is a retired HVAC tech and I call him Mr. Fix it. Best thing is he likes to fish. I call him my first mate.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575178 05/29/20 01:59 PM
S
spacejunkie Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Mud just say P and we will know what you mean.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575215 05/29/20 02:25 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
Little Psycho Coffee
K
Made an effort to get to know the neighbors here. I share a back fence with two neighbors with yappy little dogs that like to start fights. One couple is nice and much older, the other.... well... if we had a HOA, they'd be on them. Waist high weeds, fence falling down, junker car.

My next door neighbors are nice people... a little creepy because every other word out of their mouths is "Praise Jesus!" but hey, as long as they're not attempting to convert me, we're good. They took to calling me aunt Bee.

There's a bunch of active and retired military on my street.... one has a motorcycle and his motorcycle riding buddies get together on weekends and go riding around the hill country or wherever. The air force guy across the street is a fitness nut and works out in his garage every day. On the weekends he gets together with his latino friends and they play dominoes in the garage while drinking and trash talking each other loudly in spanish.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575245 05/29/20 02:48 PM
T
TCK73 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
My nearest neighbor is right at two miles away. We wave at each other if we pass on the road.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575438 05/29/20 04:25 PM
J
Jamoke Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I moved into the middle of the Cul De Sac of a neighborhood. I was asking the previous owners about the neighbors and the wife said something I didn't understand at the time. She said it's Ok if they like you. So at 1rst I tried to be friendly, neighborly. Men were gathered in the garage next to me and another garage kitty corner away from my house. I was working in the yard and was invited over and immediately the questioning began, where are you from, are you mexican? Political party, religious preference. We were all holding beers, So I thought this had to be a joke, So I started with I'm mostly Italian, recovering Catholic, been in the military for 24 years and just retired. My closest neighbor had a look on his face like he just ate a turd, he was a little further into the drinking process. Starts yelling that he would put a 50 cal at the end of his driveway to "keep them out", and starts blustering about some other unintelligible things. I'm pretty sure he meant me. So I say thanks for the beer and go back to my yard. About a week later the kitty corner neighbor invites me to his garage, all decked out with TV and couches, beer fridge and dart board, other neighbor guys are there, asks me if I like to play darts. I said yes and that I used to be pretty good. After a few beers and more questioning, He says if you win we will never invite you back. That was 11 years ago, I won, never was invited back to any events. Same people watched me install a shed in my backyard, they watched for 3 days while I built it. When it was completed as I was walking to the mailbox 2 of them converged on me together, like they were waiting, they told me I couldn't have a prefab shed in my back yard (behind my 6 Ft privacy fence) I said I walk around the neighborhood every Day and there are dozens of them. This was a month after I moved there and I didn't want to start any trouble . They said they were starting a lawsuit, So I tore the thing down and sold it to one of my coworkers for pennies. None of those sheds Ever came down, in fact there are dozens more, one guy even put his in his front yard next to his driveway. I later found from a retired Sargent Major that they mostly hate military folks and anyone not born here, or from their church, I've seen Numerous military people leave after similar or worse hazing. They (the neighbors) even called immigration on workers installing the SGM's workshop. We live in the county, and I have over an acre, since then, I have a huge metal shed (12x24) , goats, sheep, chickens roosters. I have butchered animals hanging from the swing set in view of all. I'm often shirtless in the front yard wearing tennis shoes with duct tape holding them together and rope for a belt. I am a professional medical provider, but I get a kick about how it bothers (them). My boat is often left in my driveway, and my fish cleaning table is in the side yard in front of my privacy fence. one neighbor tried to intervene a about 8 years ago, I told him they could all F#(K themselves, which I'm sure he relayed. The past 8 years has been bliss, they don't bother me, some won't even look my way. And I do the same, some of the new neighbors smile and wave, I do the same.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: Mudshark] #13575445 05/29/20 04:34 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mudshark
Just realized we can say pee again without it getting censored. Pee peee. Pee. Man I love that. Thanks JD

Flomax must be working roflmao

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: Jamoke] #13575463 05/29/20 04:41 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Originally Posted by Jamoke
I moved into the middle of the Cul De Sac of a neighborhood. I was asking the previous owners about the neighbors and the wife said something I didn't understand at the time. She said it's Ok if they like you. So at 1rst I tried to be friendly, neighborly. Men were gathered in the garage next to me and another garage kitty corner away from my house. I was working in the yard and was invited over and immediately the questioning began, where are you from, are you mexican? Political party, religious preference. We were all holding beers, So I thought this had to be a joke, So I started with I'm mostly Italian, recovering Catholic, been in the military for 24 years and just retired. My closest neighbor had a look on his face like he just ate a turd, he was a little further into the drinking process. Starts yelling that he would put a 50 cal at the end of his driveway to "keep them out", and starts blustering about some other unintelligible things. I'm pretty sure he meant me. So I say thanks for the beer and go back to my yard. About a week later the kitty corner neighbor invites me to his garage, all decked out with TV and couches, beer fridge and dart board, other neighbor guys are there, asks me if I like to play darts. I said yes and that I used to be pretty good. After a few beers and more questioning, He says if you win we will never invite you back. That was 11 years ago, I won, never was invited back to any events. Same people watched me install a shed in my backyard, they watched for 3 days while I built it. When it was completed as I was walking to the mailbox 2 of them converged on me together, like they were waiting, they told me I couldn't have a prefab shed in my back yard (behind my 6 Ft privacy fence) I said I walk around the neighborhood every Day and there are dozens of them. This was a month after I moved there and I didn't want to start any trouble . They said they were starting a lawsuit, So I tore the thing down and sold it to one of my coworkers for pennies. None of those sheds Ever came down, in fact there are dozens more, one guy even put his in his front yard next to his driveway. I later found from a retired Sargent Major that they mostly hate military folks and anyone not born here, or from their church, I've seen Numerous military people leave after similar or worse hazing. They (the neighbors) even called immigration on workers installing the SGM's workshop. We live in the county, and I have over an acre, since then, I have a huge metal shed (12x24) , goats, sheep, chickens roosters. I have butchered animals hanging from the swing set in view of all. I'm often shirtless in the front yard wearing tennis shoes with duct tape holding them together and rope for a belt. I am a professional medical provider, but I get a kick about how it bothers (them). My boat is often left in my driveway, and my fish cleaning table is in the side yard in front of my privacy fence. one neighbor tried to intervene a about 8 years ago, I told him they could all F#(K themselves, which I'm sure he relayed. The past 8 years has been bliss, they don't bother me, some won't even look my way. And I do the same, some of the new neighbors smile and wave, I do the same.

Why donโ€™t you buy a belt?

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: Davedave] #13575473 05/29/20 04:46 PM
Derek ๐Ÿ Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Originally Posted by Davedave

And some Crocs.

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: Derek ๐Ÿ] #13575479 05/29/20 04:49 PM
cocodrie Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru

And some Crocs.

Because Crocs are gay.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575510 05/29/20 05:02 PM
J
Jamoke Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by cocodrie

And some Crocs.

Because Crocs are gay.

My wife hates how I dress, Crocs are prone to getting fire ant bites. I like black work socks pulled way up with white converse from the 80's best. I guess I am the "disappointing" neighbor now, the cross street neighbor eventually moved, his family built my house and most of the subdivision.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575541 05/29/20 05:22 PM
H
Hookem Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
H
I got a couple of Batman-type folks. They come out of their garage to go to work, close garage door and drive away. When they come home, they open the garage, park and close the door.
I have never seen them at any other time. They hire yard care. I've not even seen them take out their trash.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide