Texas Fishing Forum

Disappointing Neighbors

Posted By: cocodrie

Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:24 AM

We moved a year ago into a great neighborhood, lots going on in this side of town. But since then all the olds that were at least somewhat cool and hung out and drank beer, died, or moved to retirement homes or senior centers (including the people we bought our house from). I was really hoping on getting some great neighbors in their place that were into doing stuff like loud projects on the weekend, pressure washing, trimming trees, power tools, landscaping, BBQ'ing and drinking beer, shooting the squirrels on the greenbelt, peeing on trees in the front yard.... Instead I'm now surrounded by an ER doctor and his wife and he only owns electric powered lawn equipment, a Prius driving pediatrician, some lady who is surely ready to start filming My 600lb Life or Hoarders and a few "we will call the HOA" Karen types. Just saw my across the street neighbor for the first time, I guess they're about to move in finally. I have no hope his hipster self will make a difference in the new hood.

Please tell me about your awesome neighbors so I can dream that good neighbors will move in soon...

The coolest neighbor at my old house had like 5 kids, but he spent all evening BBQ'ing dinner for everyone and all weekend building stuff and drinking beer. We barely talked, but would compete on who could make the most noise either the earliest or latest with miter saws and impacts and would stand in our opposite driveways drinking Lonestar light not talking to each other. Kind of like King of the Hill but across the street and silent. Our wives became best friends. I didn't really like him or all his kids, but he was a good neighbor.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:28 AM

It’s intimidating moving into a new neighborhood. They want to make a good impression. They want to pee outside but are afraid to make their new neighbors mad. You need to lead by example. Be a leader.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:31 AM

Just realized we can say pee again without it getting censored. Pee peee. Pee. Man I love that. Thanks JD
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:36 AM

In moderation Mud. Too much pee is a bad thing.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:36 AM

To break the ice....run across the street to the ER doctor and tell him you have some sort of object stuck in your bowels, write something funny on your buttocks. Something like welcome to the neighborhood. I made you look at my bottom! Then invite them over for burgers or something.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mudshark
To break the ice....run across the street to the ER doctor and tell him you have some sort of object stuck in your bowels, write something funny on your buttocks. Something like welcome to the neighborhood. I made you look at my bottom! Then invite them over for burgers or something.

I like this ^^^^^^

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by outfishdya
In moderation Mud. Too much pee is a bad thing.

Got it. I will real it in. Never mind the BBQ idea I just mentioned
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:39 AM

I barely got on a neighborhood kid because he was chasing another neighbors dog. The dumb [censored] cocker spaniel started trampling our newly planted flower bed. I didn’t know it wasn’t his dog. His dad came knocking on my door to confront me for yelling (which I did not) at his kid and making him cry. Bunch of snowflakes around here. My fishing buddy is the only cool one close by. We will trade off smoked meat. Plus he helped me fry a bunch crappies for our graduation party last week. We’ll hang out and have driveway beers. Glad he’s around.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:41 AM

Good fences make great neighbors. Neighbors are over-rated. If you get too chummy, something will happen to make you bitter enemies. Know who your neighbors are but only a hand wave or a nod of the head once in a while. Get friends outside of your hood. Thank me later.
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:45 AM

Had the best neighbors ever in our first house, we never should have moved.

We are still great friends but now we live out of the subdivision thank God!
Posted By: junbengreat

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:48 AM

I like my neighbors. We do cookouts and get drunk together

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:49 AM

I agree Mud, I feel like how you were saying and it's like, should I drink beer out of a cup? Will they judge my 18pk of Miller Lite? How about 3? Do I need to not pee or what? I hate it.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:50 AM

I have the best neighbors ever! I have waved to the across the street neighbor a few times and waved to my East neighbor a few times. Never talked to either one and hope to keep it that way, they are definitely the perfect neighbors.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:52 AM

Ever since I found out an ER doctor lives next door, I've been doing a lot of dumb [censored]. My wife had to ruin it by reminding me that he works all the time and isn't home most times that I'm doing the dumb [censored].

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
I have the best neighbors ever! I have waved to the across the street neighbor a few times and waved to my East neighbor a few times. Never talked to either one and hope to keep it that way, they are definitely the perfect neighbors.

You are wise beyond your years. thumb
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:55 AM

The guy to our right mows his yard about 4 times per week. I have never seen anything like it. I swear he is out there with a measuring tape. They are middle aged. He and his wife are nice folks...kinda quiet.

The couple to our left are the "newbies" on the block. Younger couple. They have a few parties but never gets too loud or goes too late. Same deal. nice folks.

The people across the street are nice as well. Middle aged. He outkicked his coverage by a lot. Rest of the neighbors on our block are not scared to bust out the lawn chairs and some driveway beers and adult beverages. Pretty friendly hood. Not terribly nosey or pushy at all which is good.

We pretty well live in soccer Mom heaven here. Its kinda Southlakian.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by cocodrie
I agree Mud, I feel like how you were saying and it's like, should I drink beer out of a cup? Will they judge my 18pk of Miller Lite? How about 3? Do I need to not pee or what? I hate it.

I drank out of a cup when I first moved where I am. Once I started peeing in the yard, people I had never met startling bring beer over and peeing In yard with me. Not all of them will, like my guy next door, but he still lets me borrow tools and we share fun stories.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 03:09 AM

I have a neighbor on one side that moved in 9 months ago, I've seen him once...from a distance
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Good fences make great neighbors. Neighbors are over-rated. If you get too chummy, something will happen to make you bitter enemies. Know who your neighbors are but only a hand wave or a nod of the head once in a while. Get friends outside of your hood. Thank me later.

This^^^^^^^
Posted By: junk baits

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 03:21 AM

June, That can get wild if not careful. LOL
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 03:22 AM

If it’s any consolation, I’m sure they’re disappointed in you as well.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 03:32 AM

First rule in my neighborhood
Don’t talk about the neighborhood.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 03:56 AM

A good neighbor is always better than a bad neighbor! thumb

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Davedave
If it’s any consolation, I’m sure they’re disappointed in you as well.

That is assumed in most relationships I enter into. Once you accept the fact that you are not going to live up to expectations, the feeling of letting people down doesn’t sting as bad.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by steveiam

I like this ^^^^^^

Genius .

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 06:00 AM

I have good neighbors , their all half a mile away. The guy across from gate once or twice a year will have a family reunion, outdoor music, live sometimes. Usually a hunnert cars parked out in his pasture during the parties. I live them to their devices but I will go visit with him a could times a month andhelp him empty his beer fridge. He's told me anytime I want come get a cold one. Miller Lite

Kinda cattywampus to him left of my gate an old guy bought a built over travel trailer with a full porch and he sits out there drinking miller lights all day every day. Very friendly. Retired outta Houston about a year ago and got that place. no fingers on his right hand,just the thumb --- tablesaw.

I've got some more but they are further away and no good stories.

My best neighbor ever next.
In one of those houses a little further away I had a guy move in back in 2002. Very interesting guy, gun collector (he loved S&W revolvers), bought his scotch by the case ... Glenlivet 12 year. Chain smoked red box Winstons so bad his wife made him build a mancave so he built an 800 sq. ft house with full porches. out in the side pasture. He was also a Class III firearms dealer and had some really cool toys. He made lots of money selling as a middleman, at home, select building products and day trading. His life was good.

I rode the 4 wheeler home from there 3 sheets in the wind a couple of times. Was over there helping him cut a dead oak and he had a massive heart attack while on his tractor. CPR'd 30 minutes in the pasture until the ambulance got there. He was a fun guy ... had great stories about Vietnam, living back east and knowing some upper crust eccentrics, and a gun store owner in Canada that had been SS in WWII. Talking, drinking, smoking ... he was good at all 3.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 08:10 AM

thumb
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 10:40 AM

Had the best neighbors at my lake house. All but 2 have died. And one of those moved in with his daughter. Joshua has 1 decent neighbor, although I could do without him firing up his Harley at 4:45 a.m. every morning.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 10:42 AM

To my west, couple in their late 30s or early 40s, with a young child, nice enough. We do the friendly neighbor chat thing occasionally. They are kind of messy, yard is weedy, garage is stuffed full of junk. I’m not judging.

Across the street is a lone elderly lady, nice and friendly, but we only wave and shout a few pleasantries. Two of my kids have backed into her daughter’s car parked directly across from the end of my driveway. She doesn’t park there anymore

Neighbors directly behind me are my nemesis, only because of their dog barking. Loudest dog I’ve ever heard. I’ve confronted them about it, got a bit contentious, but they don’t let it bark near as long as they used to.. I don’t like having to do neighbor conflict, but I had no choice.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 11:18 AM

I try to offer help to neighbors with their yards so many are totally clueless. Most of our neighbors are good ones behind us not so great but not terrible either. All in all I have had much worse neighbor situations in the past so not complaining. We used to socialize a lot with the neighbors but everyone just kind of cooled that years ago and all in all I am happy about that part.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 11:46 AM

We live in an older neighborhood. Our house was built in the late 60s and we've lived here 22 years. It's an oddly laid out subdivision with lots of short streets. There are only 9 houses on our street and six of those are on one side (including ours, which was a rental we owned at one time). Two of the other houses are rentals. One of those changes occupants every 12 months and we never have known any of them. The other has two (I think) Mexican families who have been there for several years.

Our neighbors to the south are a great couple. He's black and she's white and they were here when we converted this from a rental to our home. Great, friendly folks. Their son is our neighborhood "famous person". He was a stud football player for Arlington Lamar and was a year ahead of Ratz. He became a standout running back for TCU for one year until some kid named LaDainian Tomlinson came along and Andrew became a backup. But he got involved in coaching and has five years experience in the NFL with Chicago and Tampa Bay under Lovie Smith. He has also coached several years in college, the last five as the receivers coach for the Univ. of Illinois (also under Lovie Smith).

We have some new neighbors who just moved in across the street who will not even return a 'Good Moring' or return a casual wave. But, the really good story is the house next to us on the north side. Two sisters moved in there about 12 years ago. They were both Two-Ton Tillies and kept to themselves, only being seen every so often to mow the yard. A few years ago one got married and then apparently the guy started also sleeping with the other sister. His wife tried to kill both of them and was, we're told by another neighbor, sent to prison. The other sister moved out, but they still own the house which they can't sell because one's in jail. The house and yard look like krap. I am about to call code enforcement because the yard is so bad.

Our house is paid for and we're both retired so I guess we'll just suck it up and die here, unless we win the lottery.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 11:49 AM

I have awesome neighbors ! Most of them drink beer . If you run out go borrow some from a neighbors fridge which there happy to share because they ran out last week and you hooked them up . We love tools and noise and often jump in on group projects to help out and get it done . If you have an issue I usually know a guy . We have plumbers , roofers ,electricians, mechanics , sheet rockers , painters , ac guys , cable guys ect ect . My boss and a few other close ones have keys to my house to let the dogs out , borrow milk , or use a tool while I’m not home . I have codes and keys to there’s and garages to watch over there while out of town and to borrow tools/ hardware. If you catch somebody at the store they’ll usually grab what you need so you don’t have to get out . Wives are cool kids are cool life is great at the lake !
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 12:14 PM

my next door neighbors are white trash. no need to say anymore.
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 12:44 PM

I have good neighbors. Most are 20-30 years older than I. But have 1 neighbor that is a d_ck. He rents his house on AirBnB, calling it the Love Shack. We put in a city ordinance about short term rentals just because of this one arsehole. He continues to push our buttons and challenge city code. However, we will win in the end.
Posted By: spankyttx

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 12:59 PM

people used to walk up and down the street, kids used to play in the street, people would stop by, ask for help with their vehicles. but it all seemed to stop and i don't know why. it's just me and the new dog out front

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 01:16 PM

I've lived here for 9 years. Spoke to a neighbor about 5 times.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 01:18 PM

I will say this, there were no American flags up in my neighborhood. There are now 4 of us...
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 01:21 PM

Next door to the north is an ER doc who works out of town. When he's home he's asleep. His wife owns a Paint by Number shop on the square and is never home.
Next door to the south an older retired couple who keep to themselves for the most part. We were the 1st house built on our street. Dead end street. Back fence is county property and across the street is flood plain and will never be built on. South neighbor has disputed the property line on several occasions. She claims the ground (1/4" piece of rebar) for the temporary power pole utilized when their house was being built is the marker for the corner. Has not impacted me yet but I'm sure her panties will get bunched up when I finish my side fence. cool
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 01:23 PM

I live in the middle of 15 acres. I can't see my neighbors, and they cant see me. I shoot , Pee, make noise whenever / where ever I want. I've even mowed naked. Gets hot on that tractor.

GREEN ACRES IS THE PLACE TO BE.......
Posted By: PondFish

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 01:26 PM

My ex and I bought a house on a corner lot in the Canyon Creek area of Richardson and we knew the neighborhood was turning over because several other houses in a couple block area also sold recently. That was in December. In the Spring we decided to have a big party. I had a keg in the garage and had three Weber kettle grills going with burgers, brats, and corn.in the driveway.
I got to meet a lot of my neighbors. Quickly figured out who was cool and who was stuck up.
Posted By: Dognot

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 01:32 PM

Sure Beats having a Meth cooking Gang Banger for neighbors.
We moved a year ago into a great neighborhood, lots going on in this side of town. But since then all the olds that were at least somewhat cool and hung out and drank beer, died, or moved to retirement homes or senior centers (including the people we bought our house from). I was really hoping on getting some great neighbors in their place that were into doing stuff like loud projects on the weekend, pressure washing, trimming trees, power tools, landscaping, BBQ'ing and drinking beer, shooting the squirrels on the greenbelt, peeing on trees in the front yard.... Instead I'm now surrounded by an ER doctor and his wife and he only owns electric powered lawn equipment, a Prius driving pediatrician, some lady who is surely ready to start filming My 600lb Life or Hoarders and a few "we will call the HOA" Karen types. Just saw my across the street neighbor for the first time, I guess they're about to move in finally. I have no hope his hipster self will make a difference in the new hood.

Please tell me about your awesome neighbors so I can dream that good neighbors will move in soon...

The coolest neighbor at my old house had like 5 kids, but he spent all evening BBQ'ing dinner for everyone and all weekend building stuff and drinking beer. We barely talked, but would compete on who could make the most noise either the earliest or latest with miter saws and impacts and would stand in our opposite driveways drinking Lonestar light not talking to each other. Kind of like King of the Hill but across the street and silent. Our wives became best friends. I didn't really like him or all his kids, but he was a good neighbor.

Sure Beats having a Meth cooking Gang Banger for neighbors.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 01:36 PM

My neighbors are awesome. I live on what is referred to as party street. We have one throttle and that's full. Drinking with one last night. He's about to put in a pool which I'll dominate and he loves stuff out of my garden. So we came up with a great idea. We're going to redo our fence and put in a sliding gate in the middle. I can go dominate the pool anytime I want and he can come pick stuff out of my garden. Win win.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Derek 🐝
My neighbors are awesome. I live on what is referred to as party street. We have one throttle and that's full. Drinking with one last night. He's about to put in a pool which I'll dominate and he loves stuff out of my garden. So we came up with a great idea. We're going to redo our fence and put in a sliding gate in the middle. I can go dominate the pool anytime I want and he can come pick stuff out of my garden. Win win.

So you will dive in his hole and he will yank your cucumber... Sounds fun.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 01:40 PM

My backyard is the Huntsville Executive Airport. Yulista has a facility there that works on military helicopters. I took the Friday off before Memorial Day to enjoy the nice rain free weather, fire up the smoker, and commence on my beer consumption. I have a patch of crabgrass off my patio where I am performing a scientific experiment to see how much human urine it takes to kill it. So with a full bladder I stand on the back of the patio and commence with my dedication to advance my scientific knowledge. At the precise moment I acquire my target, a helicopter lifts off, then hovers pointing its nose straight at me. As this is technically the beginning of the weekend of celebration to honor our veterans, I know there is a very good chance that helicopter pilot is ex military. As I stood there with my weapon in my left hand raining poison down upon my enemy, I snap to a salute with my right hand. I remained in that position until I had exhausted my supply of ammo and retreated. At that moment the helicopter then resumed what duties it was assigned. My guess is that the camera optics on that helicopter was just upgraded and sometime next week the footage will be shown on how well the new resolution of said optics are by showing those in attendance my actions against my enemy and my salute thanking them for their service. soldier flag

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
The guy to our right mows his yard about 4 times per week. I have never seen anything like it. I swear he is out there with a measuring tape.

I mow every 3 days. And I have been clowned on for using a measuring tape more than once. My line domination is on point and what I live for.
Posted By: Trickster

We have decent neighbors. Don't do anything with them but chat every now and then.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 01:41 PM

sounds like an opportunity for Sancho...or Sancha
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 01:48 PM

I don't know my neighbors very well. One next door does production work for pro sports...boys, mavs, stars, etc. The other next door is an high tech exec and on the HOA board. Across the street has a jeep and uses a riding mower on their tiny front yard. One replaced their whole yard with new sod. Another has a flag out 24/7/365 and went native plantings, I like that style. Another just moved in. Don't really know much about them.
Posted By: wyliepirate

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 01:56 PM

This
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 01:57 PM

Original neighbor to the west was a neat dude. Cajun that taught auto mechanics at Easfield. His skills and access to shop came in handy. Wife was a bitch. On the east side the husband was OK but again wife was wacko. When they put a pool in she insisted on board on board fence because she thought peeping toms would want to see her flat chest. New neigbor on east is great. He is a retired HVAC tech and I call him Mr. Fix it. Best thing is he likes to fish. I call him my first mate.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 01:59 PM

Mud just say P and we will know what you mean.
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:25 PM

Made an effort to get to know the neighbors here. I share a back fence with two neighbors with yappy little dogs that like to start fights. One couple is nice and much older, the other.... well... if we had a HOA, they'd be on them. Waist high weeds, fence falling down, junker car.

My next door neighbors are nice people... a little creepy because every other word out of their mouths is "Praise Jesus!" but hey, as long as they're not attempting to convert me, we're good. They took to calling me aunt Bee.

There's a bunch of active and retired military on my street.... one has a motorcycle and his motorcycle riding buddies get together on weekends and go riding around the hill country or wherever. The air force guy across the street is a fitness nut and works out in his garage every day. On the weekends he gets together with his latino friends and they play dominoes in the garage while drinking and trash talking each other loudly in spanish.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 02:48 PM

My nearest neighbor is right at two miles away. We wave at each other if we pass on the road.
Posted By: Jamoke

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 04:25 PM

I moved into the middle of the Cul De Sac of a neighborhood. I was asking the previous owners about the neighbors and the wife said something I didn't understand at the time. She said it's Ok if they like you. So at 1rst I tried to be friendly, neighborly. Men were gathered in the garage next to me and another garage kitty corner away from my house. I was working in the yard and was invited over and immediately the questioning began, where are you from, are you mexican? Political party, religious preference. We were all holding beers, So I thought this had to be a joke, So I started with I'm mostly Italian, recovering Catholic, been in the military for 24 years and just retired. My closest neighbor had a look on his face like he just ate a turd, he was a little further into the drinking process. Starts yelling that he would put a 50 cal at the end of his driveway to "keep them out", and starts blustering about some other unintelligible things. I'm pretty sure he meant me. So I say thanks for the beer and go back to my yard. About a week later the kitty corner neighbor invites me to his garage, all decked out with TV and couches, beer fridge and dart board, other neighbor guys are there, asks me if I like to play darts. I said yes and that I used to be pretty good. After a few beers and more questioning, He says if you win we will never invite you back. That was 11 years ago, I won, never was invited back to any events. Same people watched me install a shed in my backyard, they watched for 3 days while I built it. When it was completed as I was walking to the mailbox 2 of them converged on me together, like they were waiting, they told me I couldn't have a prefab shed in my back yard (behind my 6 Ft privacy fence) I said I walk around the neighborhood every Day and there are dozens of them. This was a month after I moved there and I didn't want to start any trouble . They said they were starting a lawsuit, So I tore the thing down and sold it to one of my coworkers for pennies. None of those sheds Ever came down, in fact there are dozens more, one guy even put his in his front yard next to his driveway. I later found from a retired Sargent Major that they mostly hate military folks and anyone not born here, or from their church, I've seen Numerous military people leave after similar or worse hazing. They (the neighbors) even called immigration on workers installing the SGM's workshop. We live in the county, and I have over an acre, since then, I have a huge metal shed (12x24) , goats, sheep, chickens roosters. I have butchered animals hanging from the swing set in view of all. I'm often shirtless in the front yard wearing tennis shoes with duct tape holding them together and rope for a belt. I am a professional medical provider, but I get a kick about how it bothers (them). My boat is often left in my driveway, and my fish cleaning table is in the side yard in front of my privacy fence. one neighbor tried to intervene a about 8 years ago, I told him they could all F#(K themselves, which I'm sure he relayed. The past 8 years has been bliss, they don't bother me, some won't even look my way. And I do the same, some of the new neighbors smile and wave, I do the same.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 04:34 PM

Just realized we can say pee again without it getting censored. Pee peee. Pee. Man I love that. Thanks JD

Flomax must be working roflmao
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jamoke
I moved into the middle of the Cul De Sac of a neighborhood. I was asking the previous owners about the neighbors and the wife said something I didn't understand at the time. She said it's Ok if they like you. So at 1rst I tried to be friendly, neighborly. Men were gathered in the garage next to me and another garage kitty corner away from my house. I was working in the yard and was invited over and immediately the questioning began, where are you from, are you mexican? Political party, religious preference. We were all holding beers, So I thought this had to be a joke, So I started with I'm mostly Italian, recovering Catholic, been in the military for 24 years and just retired. My closest neighbor had a look on his face like he just ate a turd, he was a little further into the drinking process. Starts yelling that he would put a 50 cal at the end of his driveway to "keep them out", and starts blustering about some other unintelligible things. I'm pretty sure he meant me. So I say thanks for the beer and go back to my yard. About a week later the kitty corner neighbor invites me to his garage, all decked out with TV and couches, beer fridge and dart board, other neighbor guys are there, asks me if I like to play darts. I said yes and that I used to be pretty good. After a few beers and more questioning, He says if you win we will never invite you back. That was 11 years ago, I won, never was invited back to any events. Same people watched me install a shed in my backyard, they watched for 3 days while I built it. When it was completed as I was walking to the mailbox 2 of them converged on me together, like they were waiting, they told me I couldn't have a prefab shed in my back yard (behind my 6 Ft privacy fence) I said I walk around the neighborhood every Day and there are dozens of them. This was a month after I moved there and I didn't want to start any trouble . They said they were starting a lawsuit, So I tore the thing down and sold it to one of my coworkers for pennies. None of those sheds Ever came down, in fact there are dozens more, one guy even put his in his front yard next to his driveway. I later found from a retired Sargent Major that they mostly hate military folks and anyone not born here, or from their church, I've seen Numerous military people leave after similar or worse hazing. They (the neighbors) even called immigration on workers installing the SGM's workshop. We live in the county, and I have over an acre, since then, I have a huge metal shed (12x24) , goats, sheep, chickens roosters. I have butchered animals hanging from the swing set in view of all. I'm often shirtless in the front yard wearing tennis shoes with duct tape holding them together and rope for a belt. I am a professional medical provider, but I get a kick about how it bothers (them). My boat is often left in my driveway, and my fish cleaning table is in the side yard in front of my privacy fence. one neighbor tried to intervene a about 8 years ago, I told him they could all F#(K themselves, which I'm sure he relayed. The past 8 years has been bliss, they don't bother me, some won't even look my way. And I do the same, some of the new neighbors smile and wave, I do the same.

Why don’t you buy a belt?

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 04:46 PM

And some Crocs.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 04:49 PM

And some Crocs.

Because Crocs are gay.
Posted By: Jamoke

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 05:02 PM

And some Crocs.

Because Crocs are gay.

My wife hates how I dress, Crocs are prone to getting fire ant bites. I like black work socks pulled way up with white converse from the 80's best. I guess I am the "disappointing" neighbor now, the cross street neighbor eventually moved, his family built my house and most of the subdivision.
Posted By: Hookem

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 05:22 PM

I got a couple of Batman-type folks. They come out of their garage to go to work, close garage door and drive away. When they come home, they open the garage, park and close the door.
I have never seen them at any other time. They hire yard care. I've not even seen them take out their trash.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 05:44 PM

Good advice right here.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 06:18 PM

And some Crocs.

Because Crocs are gay.

Duet Max Posties are legit.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 06:22 PM

My neighbor had a big party Saturday night. At the end there was a fight that spilled over into my driveway. I have awesome neighbors.
Posted By: 96speed

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 06:27 PM

We have good, polite, quiet neighbors. Some make small talk and share home grown produce (I give them oranges and they give me green beans), some wave occasionally, and some don't even look at us. It works out fine. I never understood wanting to hang out with neighbors. We have a large privacy fence and security lights positioned in such a way that says "stay away." I sure as hell don't want them looking around my property/garage and telling their friends. No thanks. Leave me alone and GET OFF MY LAWN! nuts Its rare for me to leave the garage open for more than 5-10 minutes at a time.

A friend of mine has a beach house with a pool. They have the neighborhood swinging in/out constantly. Its terrible and not relaxing at all.
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 06:54 PM

We have GREAT neighbors,we speak when we are out and go on about our business.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 07:25 PM

My neighbor across the street hosed a sick looking raccoon In her driveway with a 9mm so my neighbors are awesome. I was a little shocked it took 3 center shots to kill it.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 10:49 PM

I live in the country so neighbors are spread out. We get along and even hang out. I even hunted and fished with several of them.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/29/20 11:18 PM

Sound like they need a good arse whoopin
Posted By: FishinNB

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/30/20 04:07 AM

I have lived in NB for for 35 years. Pissin in the wind don’t fly in the front yard anymore. And don’t even think about mowing before 9AM. Karen gets pissed.
I don’t even recognize this town anymore.
We are trying to decide wether to sell (Walnut St by Herberts) or rent out our house
Either way we are headed to Rockport by the next school year.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/30/20 04:15 AM

3 out of 4 are good here. the other one avoids me now.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/30/20 06:09 AM

I have a neighbor that wanted to build a fence and put it against ours.
I was going to agree but then he says I will have to pay for half his fence
I showed him the property line paper I had from the city which said there was a foot of my property in his yard.
I told him he would have to give me that foot.
So not letting him tie onto our fence he is building his fence.
I will have to kill a foot of weeds between fences as it grows but no big deal.
His fence is wooden and I will not have him staring at me anymore
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/30/20 07:23 AM

A wealthy arse-hole originally from New York bought undeveloped acreage behind my property. He had it surveyed, and his flags were 6 FEET over into my yard and adjacent lots based on the corner pins I know I have. He then started developing the property. I brought up that his line was 6' over into mine when I saw him out there one day. He said "well I guess your survey was wrong". A few months later I heard a commotion out back and discovered a fencing crew about to build a fence ONLY where our properties meet (but not others on either side of me). He was having them put it on that line. I pointed out he may end up being forced to move it if he's wrong. He said "take me to court - I'll spend $100,000 fighting it. Do you have $100,000 to spend to try to make me move it? I bet not." I finally convinced him to split the difference, so now it's only 3 feet on my side of the corner pins (that he says are wrong). I'm not sure what mess will transpire when I try to sell the house/property.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/30/20 11:01 AM

I'm fortunate to have good neighbors in front and on the sides. We get together on occasion and have a beer or three. Nobody likes the guy one house down and behind me, but I never have interaction with him. Although, we adjoin properties for about 12 ft and we're fixing to re-do the fence. I'm gonna have to address him soon. I hope all goes well. I think it will but you just never know. Most generally, if you try and be a good neighbor......they will, too.
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/30/20 11:45 AM

I could go on and on about my neighbors. I'd say 3 out of 5 on my road are good people.

The newest neighbors (husband and wife) rarely come outside. It's strange. Not doing outdoor chores or projects is very forign to me.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/30/20 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
A wealthy arse-hole originally from New York bought undeveloped acreage behind my property. He had it surveyed, and his flags were 6 FEET over into my yard and adjacent lots based on the corner pins I know I have. He then started developing the property. I brought up that his line was 6' over into mine when I saw him out there one day. He said "well I guess your survey was wrong". A few months later I heard a commotion out back and discovered a fencing crew about to build a fence ONLY where our properties meet (but not others on either side of me). He was having them put it on that line. I pointed out he may end up being forced to move it if he's wrong. He said "take me to court - I'll spend $100,000 fighting it. Do you have $100,000 to spend to try to make me move it? I bet not." I finally convinced him to split the difference, so now it's only 3 feet on my side of the corner pins (that he says are wrong). I'm not sure what mess will transpire when I try to sell the house/property.

How do you fight a property line on a Survey plat? Seems like if you have a survey done, and the property line is indeed in your favor, where he took 3' of your property, you could force him to lease it or move his fence. I'll defer all legal issues to Uncle Zeek though, he is awesome at what he does.
Posted By: gander

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/30/20 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by 2014NITROZ-7
We have GREAT neighbors,we speak when we are out and go on about our business.
I have a similar situation. most everybody will speak or at least wave. Some will help each other with yard work and other projects. We borrow tools yard equipment at times and a few I will have a driveway beer with cant really complain too much
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/30/20 12:39 PM

I've got two good neighbors, and the others go about their business and I rarely talk to any of the rest.
The one directly across the street from me used to at least wave and talk to me until one of their relatives backed into my Jeep that was parked in front of my house.
All I did was go over and ask about it and showed them the evidence and they denied it was them, and I just let it go at that. No, I did not yell and make a scene, but just calmly walked away shaking my head.
Ever since then they avoid making eye contact and pretty much ignore me, and that been about 10 years already.
No big deal!
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/30/20 12:57 PM

How do you fight a property line on a Survey plat? Seems like if you have a survey done, and the property line is indeed in your favor, where he took 3' of your property, you could force him to lease it or move his fence. I'll defer all legal issues to Uncle Zeek though, he is awesome at what he does.

Last year I sold a rent house I had in town that I had owned since 1994. When it was surveyed, the North property line was over 8' into the street, and the South line was 3' into the back yard.

Two years ago, I bought some land from my dad, and it was on two different surveys. I had it surveyed again and it should have been on three surveys, and the property shrank by 12.51 acres and saved me a little money. Part of my property was actually on another owners survey, so I had to get them to sign an affidavit saying it belonged to me, and now it is all correct. I had the survey my dad had done that was drawn on a piece of paper in 1963. The only other survey on the property was done in the 1920's. It was weird the property came in with less acreage, and most of the survey stakes were a few feet on another owners land and others in the right of way by a few feet.

With the new technology, I think this type of thing is common place now, and most of the time it is counter productive to mess with it.
Posted By: DI

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/30/20 02:54 PM

The Muslims across the street NEVER come out of house. They don’t even leave for work, really weird but they keep a nice yard. On the left are some more hermits that once parked his goofy minivan/wagon hybrid thing on my curb. I texted him to ask why and his Wife responded Rob doesn’t like when you park in the street so he is showing how it feels, this was 10pm. I move my truck so kids can play basketball, then move it back. I dont like my vehicles in the street. I told his wife he could have come talked to me rather than be a jerk. The next day was trash day So I piled my garbage cans up against drivers door. He moved his car overnight and hasn’t been since.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/30/20 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by TR176
My neighbor across the street hosed a sick looking raccoon In her driveway with a 9mm so my neighbors are awesome. I was a little shocked it took 3 center shots to kill it.

9mm ... says it all !
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/31/20 10:07 AM

I hate most Neighbors, mostly the ones with little kids that throw rocks.
Posted By: silvers

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/31/20 04:31 PM

Move back to the trailer park, that’s all I got

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/31/20 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by TCK73

Last year I sold a rent house I had in town that I had owned since 1994. When it was surveyed, the North property line was over 8' into the street, and the South line was 3' into the back yard.

Two years ago, I bought some land from my dad, and it was on two different surveys. I had it surveyed again and it should have been on three surveys, and the property shrank by 12.51 acres and saved me a little money. Part of my property was actually on another owners survey, so I had to get them to sign an affidavit saying it belonged to me, and now it is all correct. I had the survey my dad had done that was drawn on a piece of paper in 1963. The only other survey on the property was done in the 1920's. It was weird the property came in with less acreage, and most of the survey stakes were a few feet on another owners land and others in the right of way by a few feet.

With the new technology, I think this type of thing is common place now, and most of the time it is counter productive to mess with it.

I see your point. Yeah, I guess it's not worth opening Pandoras box sometimes.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors - 05/31/20 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by silvers
Move back to the trailer park, that’s all I got

That work out well for you? I thought you were looking for 150 acres or hunting land for $300,000?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum