Forums59
Topics1,039,766
Posts13,970,014
Members144,217
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: All of Falcon to remain closed until April 30th min. [Re: Hookem] #13519523 04/15/20 07:57 PM
Joefishin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Hookem
Originally Posted by Joefishin
Originally Posted by HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein)

Ya'll need to calm down and go for a walk or go fishing yourselves at a pond and step away from your computer. Not everyone with a different opinion is your enemy.

Well said amigo.

Thank you buddy! It's been too long!

Sup?

Sup friend smile

http://www.denalirods.com
�Some men fish all their lives without knowing it is not really the fish they are after.� -Henry David Thoreau
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: All of Falcon to remain closed until April 30th min. [Re: Barrett] #13519577 04/15/20 08:49 PM
TwoLakes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I think each person's opinion is driven by whether or not that person believes Government officials have a duty to protect us from ourselves. If you believe Government officials have the secret information that all of us idiots don't have, and those officials are using that information to protect the masses, I can understand the thought process behind "you either fall in line peacefully" or "you fall in line forcefully".

I am a big proponent of people being able to make their own decisions and suffer the consequences of those decisions. If I choose to leave my house, I am accepting the risk of contracting the virus. In no way do I cause anyone else to contract the virus because anyone I come in contact with will have chosen to leave the house as well.

There are no social distancing benefits being accomplished by closing down boat ramps. I can see schools, sporting events, restaurants, etc. But not boat ramps.

Seems like a great opportunity for the state park employees to take a nice paid vacation to me.

Re: All of Falcon to remain closed until April 30th min. [Re: Joefishin] #13519636 04/15/20 09:39 PM
B
bassdude10 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by bassdude10
And if I’m coming across as angry, it’s because I am. At folks like you that want to give away our rights because “it’s about us as a society” and we need to “see past our own rights.” Pure un-American nonsense. And I’ll leave now as to not hijack this thread any longer.

I'm not giving away any of my rights, those that can't follow the simple rules that have been put in place are doing a great job of that. This in turn forces the Govt. to get more heavy handed in enforcing their 'requests'. They closed all the State Parks on Easter because we as individuals cannot control ourselves, we forced that on the Govt.

Again since you are cherry picking to win an argument instead of trying to hold an intelligent conversation: Let me Clarify one more time:

Governor Abbot from day one has emphasized our rights as Outdoorsmen (other states have not.......i.e. Michigan). We are losing our rights as Fisherman because of a select group of people who are at the lake acting like it's Independence day everyday. That is your fellow citizens causing the Govt. to enforce things. I fully support Governor Abbot supporting our rights as Outdoorsmen as well as supporting James for fighting for our rights to Fish Lake Falcon and run his business which after all is deemed essential because it supports the Outdoor way of life that our Governor has reinforced as a Texan! There will be lawsuits against local govts. over their use of perceived authority that they do not legally have!

My initial post was a headline grabber,(In hindsight since so many seem confused, I regret posting it that way) (But I do not back away from my position) my follow up comments clarified my position. You think you have lost rights? Keep on keeping on and the Govt will be forced to actually take away your rights. You aren't some Patriot standing up for your rights like you seem to have convinced yourself. We lost far, far more rights after 9/11 with the formation of the Dept. of Homeland Security than the 'temporary' rights we have lost in the last few weeks.

You have no idea what my political beliefs are, No idea. You have reduced yourself to painting me out to be your enemy because of your anger. Calm down and actually digest what I am saying to you. We have only begun to lose our rights and we only have ourselves to blame.

And to keep this all in context, my comments are solely based on our abilities to fish because that is all both of these threads are about. Whatever else you are tying into this is on you putting words in my mouth.

I support anyone who fights for our rights as fisherman and hunters to put food on our table and enjoy nature (a right we have had since...... well forever). As to where this all started with my comments a fishing tournament? That isn't a right and at the very least it's just tone deaf to what is going on in the world right now. We all have years and years ahead of us to fish tournaments, it's been less than a month without them......

cheers

I am not cherry picking. I posted multiple direct quotes from you that included context. We have a fundamental disagreement. I believe that our rights shall not be infringed, you believe that the government has the ability to restrict our rights if they don't like how we are exercising them. It doesn't matter whether you are republican or democrat, that is more dangerous to our freedom than almost any political issue.

Also, how is the ability to fish a tournament not a right? That is nonsensical and one of the most fundamentally un-American statements I have ever read on here. Are you really saying the government can ban our ability to go to a lake, catch fish, and weigh them to see who wins? I just can't comprehend that line of thinking. The constitution is to limit the rights of the government, not the people. The ninth amendment says that the enumeration of rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage other rights retained by the people.

And for the record, I am very calm. I am also angry, the two are not mutually exclusive.

Re: All of Falcon to remain closed until April 30th min. [Re: TwoLakes] #13520113 04/16/20 03:27 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by TwoLakes
I think each person's opinion is driven by whether or not that person believes Government officials have a duty to protect us from ourselves. If you believe Government officials have the secret information that all of us idiots don't have, and those officials are using that information to protect the masses, I can understand the thought process behind "you either fall in line peacefully" or "you fall in line forcefully".

I am a big proponent of people being able to make their own decisions and suffer the consequences of those decisions. If I choose to leave my house, I am accepting the risk of contracting the virus. In no way do I cause anyone else to contract the virus because anyone I come in contact with will have chosen to leave the house as well.

There are no social distancing benefits being accomplished by closing down boat ramps. I can see schools, sporting events, restaurants, etc. But not boat ramps.

Seems like a great opportunity for the state park employees to take a nice paid vacation to me.

Yep.

Re: All of Falcon to remain closed until April 30th min. [Re: Barrett] #13521549 04/17/20 02:17 AM
RCarter Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Love your new sign out front of the shop James!

WORK HARD.....FISH HARDER!

GOD is Great...BEER is Good...and PEOPLE are CrAZy
billy currington
Re: All of Falcon to remain closed until April 30th min. [Re: Barrett] #13522546 04/17/20 06:19 PM
Barrett Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
SO WHATS ZAPATA COUNTY EXCUSE GONNA BE NOW?

Re: All of Falcon to remain closed until April 30th min. [Re: Barrett] #13522595 04/17/20 06:36 PM
N
NoWeighers Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
We'll see on Monday at Commissioners court..

James Bendele
Falcon Lake Tackle
"On the eighth day, Man invented the Fish Hook."
Re: All of Falcon to remain closed until April 30th min. [Re: NoWeighers] #13522938 04/17/20 10:55 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted by NoWeighers
We'll see on Monday at Commissioners court..

Best of luck, sir!

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: All of Falcon to remain closed until April 30th min. [Re: Barrett] #13523517 04/18/20 01:32 PM
F
forkduc Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
How does the State Park re opening affect this?

Re: All of Falcon to remain closed until April 30th min. [Re: Barrett] #13523520 04/18/20 01:38 PM
SkeeterRonnie Online Happy
Super Freak
Online Happy
Super Freak
Barrett, if you have extra room sometime.. I'd love to pay my way and more to go with you! Falcon is on my bucket list and I have never had the chance to go down there.

Re: All of Falcon to remain closed until April 30th min. [Re: TwoLakes] #13523584 04/18/20 02:15 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by TwoLakes

I don't agree with your opinion on govt's responsibilities. If you lived in your own world fine. What you does affects the next guy. In all groups since man started living together there are rules established to protect the group.
Our basic freedoms is great but they are not absolute.
Few people are so open to those freedoms that they don't have any restrictions. The crazy's would degrade the country in no time if there were no safeguards like speed and traffic laws, dog laws and all the rules that make living in close proximity work.
Govt has a tendency to make rules that go too far.

Closing down all the public's access to parks and lakes was a mistake. You want people to be safe but people still need an outlet and recreation in all forms that allow for spacing and safety should never have been closed.
Sports that could be done safely should have been encouraged to keep going.

Re: All of Falcon to remain closed until April 30th min. [Re: Barrett] #13524437 04/19/20 03:40 AM
F
Falcon Lake Guide Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Felt like I was talking to Nancy pelosi

Re: All of Falcon to remain closed until April 30th min. [Re: Barrett] #13524557 04/19/20 12:27 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
[Linked Image]

Re: All of Falcon to remain closed until April 30th min. [Re: Falcon Lake Guide] #13524600 04/19/20 12:59 PM
T
TomRom Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
T
Originally Posted by Falcon Lake Guide
Felt like I was talking to Nancy pelosi

So as a guide I know this has affected your business for which I truly feel sorry for. We are loosing the prime time that people like to fish Texas. But you honestly felt comfortable having people whom you did not know fishing with you?

Re: All of Falcon to remain closed until April 30th min. [Re: TomRom] #13524673 04/19/20 01:59 PM
F
Falcon Lake Guide Offline
Angler
Angler
F
I offer a lodging service on the lake . I have 5 houses I rent to fisherman . I had to refund about 2,500 and cancel others. The fishing was on like donkey Kong . My main issue was having my houses empty and a single lane boat ramp closed down . When this was the line outside stores in town . Made 0 sense . [Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide