Forums59
Topics1,039,300
Posts13,962,498
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 17 of 29 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 28 29
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Razorback] #13517288 04/14/20 02:47 PM
N
Neches Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted by Razorback
"If you guys will just let government violate some of your constitutional rights you might be able to avoid having them strip away all the rest!"

I can't wait for the court challenges. A few have already started.
The government now knows how easy a gun take away will be.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Sinkey] #13517293 04/14/20 02:50 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
Originally Posted by Sinkey
Originally Posted by Used2fish
A media poly asked my partner once if he had ever broken a fish and game law.

I can assure you I have. I've got several citations from various county game wardens to prove it.

Shot a shoveler on opening morning if teal season and dugan got me at fork
Next year I had lead in my possession same day same green pants on fork.
Took the wings off ducks when I cleaned them in Knox county. Got a ticket for that.

Probably missing a few. As my hunting buddy and dugan were not friends. He followed us around.

Quit shooting boot lips and you wont get tickets! roflmao

If it weren't for boot lips you wouldn't burn powder.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517302 04/14/20 02:54 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
If it flys it dies son!

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Joefishin] #13517362 04/14/20 03:47 PM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Joefishin
Originally Posted by jbcarroll3000
Originally Posted by Joefishin
I see a common theme in most of these discussions. Losing of rights........ What rights have we lost? What rights are we giving up? Then it gets somehow loosely tied to a fishing tournament? I don't follow, explain to me what rights have we lost?

Unbelievable. Not even worthy of a thoughtful response.

The Governor has clarified and made sure your rights as an outdoorsman are protected. You are allowed to hunt and fish in the State of Texas, he has deemed it essential just as he has your right to worship. Many States have banned hunting and fishing as a whole, Michigan being one of them. There is a video circulating from Johnny Morris and Mark Zona addressing the very unfair mandates that Governor is pushing. All the gun stores are allowed to stay open so you can purchase firearms and ammunition, not all States are allowing that.

Fishing tournaments is not a right and if that is one small thing we can give up for a month..........Folks it hasn't even been a month yet.......

Please read my other comments to understand where I am coming from, or else you appear as just another headline reader who doesn't bother to actually read the story. cheers

Go fishing and enjoy the outdoors, just not tournaments right now. Go to the pond if you can't get your boat on the lake, that's what I've been doing.

Just my .02 we are coming across like the entitled society that we have become. The economy? How shallow is our economy if we can't go less than a month without worry about the damage to the stock market? Buy local, support local. Tell the bank you will make the car payment next month, they will defer it, same with the house and any other utility. Let's all relax and be thankful for what we do have.

Damn paywall--says I have to subscribe to enlighten myself with this guy's thoughts...

Do you believe in representations? Metaphors and the such? You keep making this about a single tournament. It's not...good day.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517417 04/14/20 04:16 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by CashFishingTeam
That’s an awesome point heavy sack! Then we are back to why does Media, an nonessential business get to operate and make money? Is it just ok for then because it’s fishing, and we are fisherman?? If he can operate and we stay 6ft apart then my barber should be allowed to reopen and have 3 people at a time in his shop. Because I know he is struggling to pay his bills right now. And you could either choose to wait outside or in your car or come back another time. But he’s completely shut down. Or nail salons. Why not just limit the amount of people that are in them and sit people every other station 6 feet apart and they can still operate for business? Or allow restaurants to seat 5 or 10 tables depending on size? If you allow the tournaments allow it all.

How do you cut someone’s hair or do their nails from six feet away?

[Linked Image]
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517483 04/14/20 04:55 PM
TwoLakes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Tim Haugh's response highlights the reason these decisions are being made. It's all about liability and litigation. Our court systems are about to be over run with the number of lawsuits that will be filed. The Government is overstepping it's bounds and the legal fights are going to last a long time.

Just looking through MSN quickly this morning you see lawsuits from the NRA regarding the closure of gun shops, small business owners filing suit because officials have shut down their ability to make a living, a Wal-Mart in Michigan refusing to sell a car seat because it was deemed non-essential, and many more.

FEAR has taken a hold on the country and stupid decisions are being made.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: shotgunwilly] #13517511 04/14/20 05:14 PM
T
Tink Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
Coachallenta Thanks for making my point. I counted five I's in your little response. Yes OUR government is not perfect but still is the best in the world, thanks for people like your dad, I was there in 65 thru 67, so along with your Dad, I also did my duty ( I didn't jump out of a plane). But I didn't do it so the "I" people can go fishing when their Government needs their help to Shelter in Place. You stated that you would pick up the Fight "if needed" , Well Stand Tall and do what "We the People", Not "I" think what's Best for Our Country. Your Father didn't jump out of a Plane so "I" people can go Fishing in a time when our Government "We the People" need you to Shelter in Place. You are Not Arguing with Me, You are Arguing with the Leaders of Our Great Nation that We the People have elected. Unfortunately, we don't have much Leadership now, but that will change.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Tink] #13517526 04/14/20 05:22 PM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Tink
You are Arguing with the Leaders of Our Great Nation that We the People have elected. Unfortunately, we don't have much Leadership now, but that will change.

Care to acknowledge the dichotomy in your own closing statement?

I love when people put so much time into an argument, only to destroy it in the end because they want to get a personal beef off their chest. Beautiful...

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Tink] #13517552 04/14/20 05:41 PM
shotgunwilly Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Coachallenta Thanks for making my point. I counted five I's in your little response. Yes OUR government is not perfect but still is the best in the world, thanks for people like your dad, I was there in 65 thru 67, so along with your Dad, I also did my duty ( I didn't jump out of a plane). But I didn't do it so the "I" people can go fishing when their Government needs their help to Shelter in Place. You stated that you would pick up the Fight "if needed" , Well Stand Tall and do what "We the People", Not "I" think what's Best for Our Country. Your Father didn't jump out of a Plane so "I" people can go Fishing in a time when our Government "We the People" need you to Shelter in Place. You are Not Arguing with Me, You are Arguing with the Leaders of Our Great Nation that We the People have elected. Unfortunately, we don't have much Leadership now, but that will change.

Luckily we are a Constitutional Republic and we have some of us that know what many think is "What's Best for Our Country" is not really what's best for our country, and get our representation instead of falling in line.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Tink] #13517555 04/14/20 05:42 PM
S
speedcrawler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S

I thank God we have the leadership we have now. This would have been much worse otherwise and somehow she would have been given a Nobel Peace prize for it. The Hippocrate Party and their media buddies have no shame. Maybe you'll have anther shot in 2024 but ain't happening in 2020. Good luck.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517561 04/14/20 05:46 PM
C
CashFishingTeam Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Duck hunter, are all the team members going to ride to the tournament in separate vehicles or 6 feet away from each other? We can go on forever!!! Lol

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517719 04/14/20 07:05 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Duck hunter, are all the team members going to ride to the tournament in separate vehicles or 6 feet away from each other? We can go on forever!!! Lol

You said, “if he can operate and keep people six feet apart...” speaking of a barber. Uhhh, he can’t keep people six feet apart because he would need to stand within arm’s reach of the person getting a haircut, thereby not keeping people six feet apart. That’s what I was pointing out. In a store, you can theoretically space out lines to keep people six people apart (it doesn’t work very well, but in theory it can happen). You cannot cut someone’s hair from six feet away.

And all team members wouldn’t be six feet apart on the way to their spot, unless they’re going to troll there with one guy in the front of the boat and the other in the back of the boat. Otherwise, they’re sitting right next to each other while using the big motor.

That’s the problem people have with this tournament. It isn’t following social distancing protocol, even if they all ride in separate vehicles. Now, if it was limited to teams being of the same household that would fall under social distancing, but that’s not the case and is impossible to enforce.

The difference between grocery shopping and holding a bass tournament or even going to get a haircut is that people absolutely need food. There is no feasible way around it. Allowing people to fish is feasible, as long as they follow protocol. There is no way to have a team tournament and follow protocol. It’s just not feasible.

*Im not making a commentary on whether or not the tournament should take place. I’m trying to stay neutral on that. I’m just explaining how I see it based on your comparison of barbers and riding in a boat with someone else.

[Linked Image]
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13517753 04/14/20 07:26 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
That’s an awesome point heavy sack! Then we are back to why does Media, an nonessential business get to operate and make money? Is it just ok for then because it’s fishing, and we are fisherman?? If he can operate and we stay 6ft apart then my barber should be allowed to reopen and have 3 people at a time in his shop. Because I know he is struggling to pay his bills right now. And you could either choose to wait outside or in your car or come back another time. But he’s completely shut down. Or nail salons. Why not just limit the amount of people that are in them and sit people every other station 6 feet apart and they can still operate for business? Or allow restaurants to seat 5 or 10 tables depending on size? If you allow the tournaments allow it all.

Yes your barber should be allowed to operate. Just because your barber rolled over for that gestapo doesn't mean everyone has to.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517757 04/14/20 07:30 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Ask Dak and Zeek what they’d do.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: speedcrawler] #13517780 04/14/20 07:47 PM
C
coachallentca Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by speedcrawler

I thank God we have the leadership we have now. This would have been much worse otherwise and somehow she would have been given a Nobel Peace prize for it. The Hippocrate Party and their media buddies have no shame. Maybe you'll have anther shot in 2024 but ain't happening in 2020. Good luck.

Yes we have great leadership right now.. Thank you Lord

Page 17 of 29 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 28 29
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide