Forums59
Topics1,039,351
Posts13,963,259
Members144,201
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 28 29
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514667 04/12/20 04:38 PM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by CashFishingTeam
Still reading. Again being on the fence at first one post that stuck out was the one talking about believing the governments numbers starting at 2 million and then going to 200,000 and then dropping and dropping and so forth. Well didn’t all those numbers drop because of the measures that they put in place and everybody staying at home?????? Hmmm 🤔 you’re right it doesn’t seem like rock in science here. Seems more like you’re trying to just use the Numbers to feel like someone is trying to strip your liberties instead of keep A bad situation from getting worse. It does suck. And I guess anything can be justified. The email I got from media said this weekend by the way, April 18.

In times of Pandemics, it takes over 2 weeks to conclude that shelter in place measures are actually effective (just going on history, science, and data here). These numbers were adjusted within days, and were adjusted not because of measures taken, but because of flawed models from the start (you can research it on your own). So I'm not using numbers to suit me--faulty numbers have been used to control you. Oh, and models show that the earth will end from global warming in 12 years--I'm guessing some of you believe those scientists as well, so live it up anyway...

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514668 04/12/20 04:38 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
I think its dumb to start the tournaments up again when Texas is suppose to peak on 4/19 based on projections I heard on Friday. I think its just as dumb to go tattle on them for doing the tournaments though. I would avoid both the tournaments and the tattletales at this point. Both are likely to get you in some sort of trouble.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: pil,b] #13514674 04/12/20 04:42 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by pil,b
The virus doesn't spread itself,people do and until people keep their butts at home unless it is having to work and buy food it will continue.And a damned fishing tournament isn't that important.Fishing by your self I think is another story.

Then don’t fish it, it’s just that simple.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514676 04/12/20 04:42 PM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Let me give you a slightly different perspective. Those of us that are tasked with managing first responders have guidelines that we have to follow on exposures on known Covid sufferers as well as those showing symptoms without yet having a positive test. Because these guidelines often include quarantined or days before test results it doesn’t take long before we start to run out of personnel. Now the need for personal should be mitigated by fewer people out and about thus less chance of being involved in a call for service. If everyone continues on with business as usual we quickly run out of resources. Think about it, on the way to the lake, stopping for gas etc. you have numerous chances to be involved in an accident, disturbance, credit card skimmed, medical call, you name it. All would generate a response. I’m not picking a side of the debate, just saying that why is fishing different than anything else. Tell me y’all wouldn’t all be pissed if 75 boats of college kids were gathering to wake board or drink.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514679 04/12/20 04:47 PM
S
speedcrawler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Still reading. Again being on the fence at first one post that stuck out was the one talking about believing the governments numbers starting at 2 million and then going to 200,000 and then dropping and dropping and so forth. Well didn’t all those numbers drop because of the measures that they put in place and everybody staying at home?????? Hmmm 🤔 you’re right it doesn’t seem like rock in science here. Seems more like you’re trying to just use the Numbers to feel like someone is trying to strip your liberties instead of keep A bad situation from getting worse. It does suck. And I guess anything can be justified. The email I got from media said this weekend by the way, April 18.

My bad, I did not read your original post accurately. If they planned for next weekend, I don’t believe that’s wise at all. Set date for next month and see If shelter in place rules change. I don’t think it would look good on their brand to hold it this month. I do believe we have to get people back to work and let people earn a living. I’m afraid the longer this goes the more small businesses will be lost. That could end up being much worse than this virus will be.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: leethefishking] #13514687 04/12/20 04:51 PM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by leethefishking
Let me give you a slightly different perspective. Those of us that are tasked with managing first responders have guidelines that we have to follow on exposures on known Covid sufferers as well as those showing symptoms without yet having a positive test. Because these guidelines often include quarantined or days before test results it doesn’t take long before we start to run out of personnel. Now the need for personal should be mitigated by fewer people out and about thus less chance of being involved in a call for service. If everyone continues on with business as usual we quickly run out of resources. Think about it, on the way to the lake, stopping for gas etc. you have numerous chances to be involved in an accident, disturbance, credit card skimmed, medical call, you name it. All would generate a response. I’m not picking a side of the debate, just saying that why is fishing different than anything else. Tell me y’all wouldn’t all be pissed if 75 boats of college kids were gathering to wake board or drink.

I could listen to your argument until the last line. Surely you can see a difference between exposure potential of 75 college kids getting together to drink (and do other things college kids do when they drink), and 75 teams who have fished separately on a lake all day showing up for what I can guarantee you would be a weigh in taking into consideration current community health issues.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: buda13] #13514688 04/12/20 04:51 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
Originally Posted by buda13
Your personal choices right now affect others... that’s what you won’t hear Wawi. Pure selfishness.

Buda you are still working correct? In the trucking business. Pretty selfish you want all these millions unemployed on the government cheese line while you keep on trucking.

Last edited by Used2fish; 04/12/20 04:52 PM.
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514691 04/12/20 04:53 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
To be honest Lee I don’t care what others are doing. I go on about my business, keep my hands cleaned and keep my distance and mind my business. It’s just a normal day, we are essential and are working, I’m fishing, went to Fork for the week, my wife runs kidney dialysis clinic and runs the risk of being exposed on a daily basis. It’s life as normal for us and we won’t change or live in fear. If the good Lord above decides it our time to go then so be it, I’m not living in fear or hiding in the house like others.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514699 04/12/20 04:57 PM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by WAWI
Your personal choices right now affect others... that’s what you won’t hear Wawi. Pure selfishness.

I'm pretty aware of the affect as are millions of small businesses people in this country, acutely aware.

100%, but we all need to virtue signal a bit more.

Furthermore, Buda can't quite comprehend that in order for my "personal choice" to affect another, they too would have had to make a "personal choice."

I wonder if Buda gets to go to work and make money?

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514700 04/12/20 04:57 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Some of us do not get the luxury to stay home and not get exposed during this time. Both I and my wife are both some of those people. I feel like we probably are privy to a lot more accurate information that is changing by the hour than the general public. I think we (Texas) have done a good job so far, look at the numbers and I know someone is going to say, "we haven't tested that many" . But, the amount of critical patients and deaths do not need tests to see the true numbers of those groups. They are going to get really sick and/or die with or without a lot of testing.

That being said, I was kind of surprised to get the email. I am willing to bet if the orders are extended, then Media will cancel their event. My own hypothesis is that Texas will start gearing the orders more towards the areas of the state. We've already seen that the biggest contributor to spread is population density. NYC has been hit so hard because they have nearly 70K people per sq mile. Those areas with a sparse population do not really need as strict of requirements, IMO.

At the end of the day it's still a public health emergency and I won't personally be judging anyone on their choices. I can control what I do and I will do what I think is best for my family and myself...

#MFGA
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514701 04/12/20 04:57 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
It's their business, they can do whatever they want in the confines of the law. I would have nothing to do with fishing it though. I'd rather be smart right now given the fact that my wife is high risk due to her asthma.

We isolated ourselves at our lake house 4+ weeks ago. Our neighbor on the right did the same thing. Then starting 2 weeks ago and for sure this weekend, all the folks from the Dallas area starting coming out for normal weekends then going right back to DFW. That is how things can be spread. It sucks because my best friend is one of these guys and I gave his carp for it.

On the other hand I also fall in the category that this entire thing has been overblown to some extent. The virus itself can be serious but not to the extent it was originally communicated and the numbers are proving that. Hopefully we all get back to normal sooner rather than later. In the meantime, stay safe and Happy Easter to everyone.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: WAWI] #13514708 04/12/20 05:02 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Honestly at first I was excited. They sent an email saying they were putting distancing plans in place ect. But after I slept on it a night I realized The threat of getting sick is not going to come from the tournament anglers or from being on the lake. We will all be over 6 feet apart from each other in the boat and in the weigh in line. The problem I think we’re doing this while we are still under quarantine orders is it’s making 40, 50, or 60 teams have to go out and interact in the world. I think that may be where Gordon is missing the picture. It’s not the tournament or his event that poses a risk. It’s stopping to get gas on the way there, get ice, maybe somebody hasn’t finished in the last month and a half and needs to go get some fishing line and a couple packages of flukes, Stops to gas up and get breakfast at the little gas station at log cabin and runs into somebody that sick, who knows. Then if they do catch something they won’t know from that day that they have it and then they can bring it back home to their families and so on and so forth. So I don’t know what to think. And yes I agree the obvious answer is if you don’t want to do it stay at home, but how many people are going to do that?? Seems like that’s the problem now and why they keep extending the stay in place.

You been to home depot lately. Nobody is sitting in their house. Sam's is a [censored] show, walmart to same, HEB the same, liquor stores packed full.

That's a great reason, kind of like when your parents asked if your friends jumped off a bridge would you go too? Be the responsible person. As far as the tournament, the situation would put more people at risk. Especially the weigh in person who would have to interact with people from all over. BUT, it's like fishing during a lightning storm, it's a personal decision. Some people get struck by lightning or swamp their boat, some people live to see another day instead

Last edited by the skipper; 04/12/20 05:03 PM.
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: jbcarroll3000] #13514710 04/12/20 05:03 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by jbcarroll3000

I'm pretty aware of the affect as are millions of small businesses people in this country, acutely aware.

100%, but we all need to virtue signal a bit more.

Furthermore, Buda can't quite comprehend that in order for my "personal choice" to affect another, they too would have had to make a "personal choice."

I wonder if Buda gets to go to work and make money?

I guess me wanting to feed my family and be a provider for my family makes me selfish, I guess wanting to see the people that have worked for me for years be able to feed their family makes me selfish. Got it. Makes perfect sense.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514715 04/12/20 05:06 PM
H
HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Funny stuff.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #13514719 04/12/20 05:09 PM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by 21xs Elite
To be honest Lee I don’t care what others are doing. I go on about my business, keep my hands cleaned and keep my distance and mind my business. It’s just a normal day, we are essential and are working, I’m fishing, went to Fork for the week, my wife runs kidney dialysis clinic and runs the risk of being exposed on a daily basis. It’s life as normal for us and we won’t change or live in fear. If the good Lord above decides it our time to go then so be it, I’m not living in fear or hiding in the house like others.
I totally agree with you and me and my family Are in the same boat. I also know that if it does come to the point that we are having to send potentially sick officers on calls and we give it to someone we are going to run the risk of getting sued. It’s just the nature of the business now.
And the reason that planning wise we do have to consider what others are doing.

Page 4 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 28 29
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide