Print Thread
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13510940 04/09/20 10:24 PM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Jim Baker is selling Silver Solution and he claims it’s the cure for COVID-19 and any venereal disease

It is possible you know

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13510943 04/09/20 10:26 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
My wife says that if covid 19 caused erectile disfunction there would have been a cure in 2 weeks. This really isnt relevant to this thread but it amused me.

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: Scagnetti] #13510962 04/09/20 10:36 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Scagnetti
Jim Baker is selling Silver Solution and he claims it’s the cure for COVID-19 and any venereal disease

It is possible you know

[Linked Image]

man has to eat too. roflmao

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: Der Vorsteher] #13510974 04/09/20 10:42 PM
T
TR176 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
Originally Posted by retdbasser
Originally Posted by WAWI
A bad one that was poorly thought out

That's what I thought about yours.

Even if it's proven to work on some or all it will be a long time before it's readily available and at the same time there will be others that use it for their medical conditions that will be deprived of the drug. Not a panacea.

Huh, millions of doses have been manufactured and sent all over.

Trump said the feds had 50 million doses on hand and were reviewing requests. I hardly think people with lupus go without. This is a fatuous claim supported by no evidence. Or maybe someone can come up with the name of someone who isn’t getting the med.

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: Gusick] #13510981 04/09/20 10:46 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Gusick
Originally Posted by JRGOCARDS
Feeling good about the activity on this thread. Easily my all time best.

I can assure you that the patient my doctor referred to didn't care about rigorously designed experimental data that includes controlled variables, randomization, and replication. he was just happy to breath freely again.

With no other current alternatives, why wouldn't anyone try something?

JR

If a doctor gave it to me, I would take it, but without a clinical trail to bavk my claim, I wouldn't go on live TV to hype it up with the same vigor that Vince sells the ShamWow. It is illegal for the drug manufacturer to do that, but the president does it for them. That part is just bizarre.

There are plenty of clinical trials to back him up. That’s not the issue. It’s that a consensus hasn’t been reached regarding it’s potential benefits for Covid 19 specifically. For every one that finds benefit, there’s one that doesn’t. I don’t fault the man for trusting his advisors and relaying a glimmer of hope that many studies purport.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: Davedave] #13510985 04/09/20 10:48 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Davedave
Originally Posted by spazm09
yes it is. Just pointing out that just because a doctor prescribes it, doesn't mean it's gonna work.

Chemo doesn’t always work either. I haVe no idea if this stuff works. They’re scrambling trying to find something that works. Some think it may help/work.

The point all along has been if someone has this stuff bad, it may be worth giving it a shot. That’s it. If you get it bad, I hope you have a choice. I don’t care if you take it.

I hope it works. I doubt it does. We will find out before long.

Doctors are human. They’re trying. They don’t have all the answers. They’re learning as we go. I don’t know what the hell is so controversial, other than some don’t like the way Trump has broached the subject.

That’s what it boils down to, Dave. Well said.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: retdbasser] #13511003 04/09/20 10:56 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by WAWI

Lol, I gotta think it is

Doing dope is safer than dying, until you do.

This medicine is being administered by doctors, not being bought on the street, made by an unknown person with unknown ingredients and no dosing recommendations or medical personnel monitoring your status. Otherwise, great point.

I might take it if prescribed by a Dr. to possibly save my life. Trying it might or might not save my life and if it didn't it's not any safer. It was an option, like how much dope to take for pain when you're dying. It's no different than experimental drugs used for other conditions that might not work. I hope it works for those that have it and others because it is available and maybe a vaccine can be developed from what they learn.

Your definition of words like ‘safe’ and ‘dope’ are very different than mine, apparently, or you’re removing all context from this discussion with their use.

Safer in this context means it might kill you before the virus does. The medication mentioned has been around for over 60 years and the side effects are well know. It is, by that definition, safe. Is it safe for all patients? No drug is.

Dope in your first use means to me illegal street drugs. Later, it seems like you’re that a doctor would prescribe you an illegal street drug as a pain medication when you’re about to die. Treating pain for a terminal patient (meaning, the person is going to die, so you’re just trying to make them comfortable) is not the same as giving a medication to prolong life and help them recover. This is why your ‘dope’ comparison didn’t make sense to me in the context of this thread.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13511046 04/09/20 11:30 PM
Der Vorsteher Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I see we found a replacement.

Team Wolfs
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13511052 04/09/20 11:33 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
For those that want to take this drug, here is a posting from a person I know that had to take it a few years back:

Hydroxychloroquine, has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration to treat malaria, lupus, Rheumatoid and other autoimmune ailments but hasn't yet been proven effective and safe in treating the COVID-19.
I took it 10 years ago to battle malaria...
Hydroxychloroquine did (for me)and may (for others) cause these side effects:
* headache.
* dizziness.
* loss of appetite.
* nausea.
* diarrhea.
* stomach pain.
* vomiting.
* skin rash.
* May conflict and combine to a toxic level with diabetes drugs.

Despite “Promotion” of the drug being “safe and worth a try”, read the label for more serious side effects:

“Side effects may include a slow heartbeat, symptoms of heart failure (such as shortness of breath, swelling ankles/feet, unusual tiredness, unusual/sudden weight gain), mental/mood changes (such as anxiety, depression, rare thoughts of suicide, hallucinations), hearing changes (such as ringing in the ears, hearing loss), easy bruising/bleeding, signs of infection (such as sore throat that doesn't go away, fever), signs of liver disease (such as severe stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine), muscle weakness, unwanted/uncontrolled movements (including tongue/face twitching), hair loss, hair/skin color changes.
This medication may cause low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). Tell your doctor right away if you develop symptoms of low blood sugar, such as sudden sweating, shaking, hunger, blurred vision, dizziness, or tingling hands/feet. If you have diabetes, be sure to check your blood sugars regularly. Your doctor may need to adjust your diabetes medication.
Get medical help right away if you have any very serious side effects, including: severe dizziness, fainting, fast/irregular heartbeat, seizures.
This medication may cause serious eye/vision problems. The risk for these side effects is increased with long-term use of this medication and with taking this medication in high doses. Get medical help right away if you have any symptoms of serious eye problems, including: sensitivity to light, vision changes (such as light flashes/streaks, blurred vision, difficulty reading, missing areas of vision).”

It might be the right medicine for someone with autoimmunity problems, but probably not a good "let's all take this" medicine.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: Der Vorsteher] #13511080 04/09/20 11:50 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
I see we found a replacement.

Yes, it seems so

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #13511086 04/09/20 11:51 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
For those that want to take this drug, here is a posting from a person I know that had to take it a few years back:

Hydroxychloroquine, has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration to treat malaria, lupus, Rheumatoid and other autoimmune ailments but hasn't yet been proven effective and safe in treating the COVID-19.
I took it 10 years ago to battle malaria...
Hydroxychloroquine did (for me)and may (for others) cause these side effects:
* headache.
* dizziness.
* loss of appetite.
* nausea.
* diarrhea.
* stomach pain.
* vomiting.
* skin rash.
* May conflict and combine to a toxic level with diabetes drugs.

Despite “Promotion” of the drug being “safe and worth a try”, read the label for more serious side effects:

“Side effects may include a slow heartbeat, symptoms of heart failure (such as shortness of breath, swelling ankles/feet, unusual tiredness, unusual/sudden weight gain), mental/mood changes (such as anxiety, depression, rare thoughts of suicide, hallucinations), hearing changes (such as ringing in the ears, hearing loss), easy bruising/bleeding, signs of infection (such as sore throat that doesn't go away, fever), signs of liver disease (such as severe stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine), muscle weakness, unwanted/uncontrolled movements (including tongue/face twitching), hair loss, hair/skin color changes.
This medication may cause low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). Tell your doctor right away if you develop symptoms of low blood sugar, such as sudden sweating, shaking, hunger, blurred vision, dizziness, or tingling hands/feet. If you have diabetes, be sure to check your blood sugars regularly. Your doctor may need to adjust your diabetes medication.
Get medical help right away if you have any very serious side effects, including: severe dizziness, fainting, fast/irregular heartbeat, seizures.
This medication may cause serious eye/vision problems. The risk for these side effects is increased with long-term use of this medication and with taking this medication in high doses. Get medical help right away if you have any symptoms of serious eye problems, including: sensitivity to light, vision changes (such as light flashes/streaks, blurred vision, difficulty reading, missing areas of vision).”

It might be the right medicine for someone with autoimmunity problems, but probably not a good "let's all take this" medicine.

It has to be prescribed. The “let’s all take this” quip is ridiculous. Positive test confirmed, under the care of doctors in a hospital setting, suffering from severe effects of Covid-19. Thats who will be taking it.

And, as Chickenman said, all of the side effects you listed above are preferable to dying.

Have any of you ever taken any drug? Have you ever seen a commercial on TV for a drug? It’s :5 of how the drug can help you and :25 of possible side effects. Every drug has side effects. Benadryl, one of the safest drugs known to man, might not be right for everyone.

No one is saying to pass this out to every man, woman and child. The straw grasping and removal of context by some of y’all is exhausting.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13511091 04/09/20 11:55 PM
retdbasser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Doing dope is safer than dying, until you do.
[/quote]

This medicine is being administered by doctors, not being bought on the street, made by an unknown person with unknown ingredients and no dosing recommendations or medical personnel monitoring your status. Otherwise, great point. [/quote]

I might take it if prescribed by a Dr. to possibly save my life. Trying it might or might not save my life and if it didn't it's not any safer. It was an option, like how much dope to take for pain when you're dying. It's no different than experimental drugs used for other conditions that might not work. I hope it works for those that have it and others because it is available and maybe a vaccine can be developed from what they learn. [/quote]

Your definition of words like ‘safe’ and ‘dope’ are very different than mine, apparently, or you’re removing all context from this discussion with their use.

Safer in this context means it might kill you before the virus does. The medication mentioned has been around for over 60 years and the side effects are well know. It is, by that definition, safe. Is it safe for all patients? No drug is.

Dope in your first use means to me illegal street drugs. Later, it seems like you’re that a doctor would prescribe you an illegal street drug as a pain medication when you’re about to die. Treating pain for a terminal patient (meaning, the person is going to die, so you’re just trying to make them comfortable) is not the same as giving a medication to prolong life and help them recover. This is why your ‘dope’ comparison didn’t make sense to me in the context of this thread. [/quote]

It is the context of the word "safer" that I was drawing a comparison to. There are a lot of things safer than dying. There isn't any connection between dope and medicine prescribed by a doctor in my post. Dope was used as one of the many things that's safer than dying. Completely unrelated. The amount of medicine to take in treating the pain of a dying person is an "option" and the desire to remain alert and functional as opposed to not being able to recognize anyone or converse. Taking the H is an option and you might die anyway. Safer would be a comparison between 2 or more drugs or methods.

Prepare for the future-it will be here tomorrow.
Personal Best Large Mouth Bass 9 lbs. 12 oz 5/13/19.
Herb Stein, who famously reminded us that “if something can’t go on forever, it will stop.”
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13511094 04/09/20 11:58 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
What

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13511096 04/10/20 12:00 AM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
what percentage of people that take the drug have/will suffer any major side effects from it?

of those how many had multiple side effects?

and of those, how many died?

like I said at the start of all this, let the drs. decide if it should be prescribed then let them do it when they deem it necessary.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13511098 04/10/20 12:00 AM
Westside. Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Question for redtbasser, Petty or Young?

Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide