Print Thread
Fork tough for me #13507409 04/07/20 10:22 PM
H
HumanSeine Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
H
I am at my wood county location dodging the virus and staying away from people on my pontoon boat. I am struggling to say the least. I have caught a few shallow and a few deep. The problem is they don’t add up to many when I am done? I know Stubby reads these but I am open to new ideas as long as they are legal. I don’t fish with TNT. So maybe the fish are staying home someplace that I am not aware of. One clue is the bigger fish I have caught have been in shallow water. I realize the. Feed store likes to sale me cubes and I am feeding something in the lake. A friend who went with me today brought minnowsyhen caught two nice crappie on one of my baited catfish spots. Crappie he caught were mostly smaller also.

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Fork tough for me [Re: HumanSeine] #13507748 04/08/20 02:20 AM
L
littlewheel Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Some catfish are shallow eating crappie and carp eggs. They are NOT spawning yet. We caught them in 24 feet Monday. They all are not shallow. High water and weird weather has them all goofed up. You are not the only one struggling. Stubby and I are only catching 40-50 when we have gone out lately. The other day biggest was probably 2 lbs. we have been trying to bait holes , gather up the fish in our normal locations so we can get back to guiding. Fish haven’t shown up and either one of us is going to take folks out on a guide trip until we are positive they will catch fish non stop. I have 4 groups dying to go. I tell them that we aren’t on the fish 100% yet and I refuse to just take their money for having them on the boat. I will only take people when I know for sure the fish are there. I have been that guy before that saved and saved for a guided trip and have been let down. I have been on trips where we limited out in an hour and the guide was like, well let’s go. I’m thinking we have a couple hours of fun fishing left. Not the case. That trip sucked because the guide had no personality whatsoever. I have also been in trips where we didn’t catch a lot of fish, but the guide made it fun for us. So, I am gonna make sure my clients have a blast, do everything in my power for them to have the opportunity to catch a bunch of fish, and then go tell all their friends how much fun they had. So far, every client has become a return customer or has another trip scheduled. Sorry for the long post Scotty, but that is just how I think and do things.

Shannon Wheeler
Lake Fork Channel Catfish Guide
Cheeseologist at Stubbys Cheesebait
903-987-2315
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide