Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Ghost4BH] #13498776 04/02/20 05:27 PM
R
RickS. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
When the country opens back up, I'm sure you'll come up with a new topic to beat us down with and share your vast array of knowledge about.

clap roflmao

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498786 04/02/20 05:31 PM
BCBassCat Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
popcorn2

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: RickS.] #13498801 04/02/20 05:40 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
Originally Posted by RickS.
Everything about all this is hypotheticals.
So there's that.

Actually, it's not. States or counties or cities that delayed closing things down will suffer tremendously.

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Tallgrass05] #13498836 04/02/20 05:57 PM
R
RickS. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05
So there's that.

Actually, it's not. States or counties or cities that delayed closing things down will suffer tremendously.

That's the thing. They can't close everything down. So many services that are a necessity. Food still needs stocked on shelves, repairs still need made, and so on. It's real easy for someone who got sent home to isolate to preach to people that are out there in it. Yet every single one of you beating your drums still need us lowlife blue collars. You know the ones the country really needs. The ones that people like yourself enjoy pissing on. It's us keeping the country running, not you.
I didn't swear an oathe like a medical professional or first responders. Yet, here I am still keeping the wheels of America going round and round. For what though? So ungrateful people like yourself can still look down on us from your high horses? So you can preach to us about staying home, knowing damn well that if we do this country would certainly collapse? But honestly I would expect no less from the high and mighty.

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498840 04/02/20 06:00 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J
Let's ease up a bit guys.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Ghost4BH] #13498841 04/02/20 06:00 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
When the country opens back up, I'm sure you'll come up with a new topic to beat us down with and share your vast array of knowledge about.

roflmao

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498853 04/02/20 06:04 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Hey JPurdue or Tallgrass or anyone who has a grasp of statistics, I have a question. I understand flattening the curve so the medical facilities are not overwhelmed. But it seems to me that you have to have a significant percent of the population that has to have resistance from having it before relaxing the isolation procedures, otherwise we will just escalate again. That is assuming that warm temps do not significantly reduce the incidence. So how can we hope to be back to normal within a month?

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498860 04/02/20 06:11 PM
Pinkus Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Omg, I’m so tired of the commie China virus.. it has confirmed that in a REAL nasty situation, society would crumble within hours and this nation would be communist.. some of you have surprised me

Last edited by Pinkus; 04/02/20 06:11 PM.
Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: RickS.] #13498868 04/02/20 06:15 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
No one was looking down on you. My statement was about how we know things for sure, it’s not hypothetical regarding how infectious the virus is, how asymptomatic people can spread it, the growth in the number of cases, the effects on the medical care systems, etc. We know that states/counties/cities that took measures to contain the spread are much better off now, and will be in the near future, than those that did not.

The good that will come out of this is that more people will realize the value of workers and better access to healthcare. This virus has exposed how a few weeks of economic hardship can have corporations begging for a government handout while they are laying off workers.

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Tallgrass05] #13498870 04/02/20 06:17 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
and better access to healthcare.

Are people getting turned away?

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: donothin] #13498876 04/02/20 06:20 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by donothin
Hey JPurdue or Tallgrass or anyone who has a grasp of statistics, I have a question. I understand flattening the curve so the medical facilities are not overwhelmed. But it seems to me that you have to have a significant percent of the population that has to have resistance from having it before relaxing the isolation procedures, otherwise we will just escalate again. That is assuming that warm temps do not significantly reduce the incidence. So how can we hope to be back to normal within a month?

I am waiting on the results of the malaria drug, Zpacks and plasma and if they work like they hope they will.

if the plasma thing works that would be a huge deal, get the antibodies and poof your good to go again. hmmm

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498877 04/02/20 06:20 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
We all want exactly the same thing. We want life back to normal as fast as possible with as little damage to the economy and human life as possible.

Guys like John come on here and ceaselessly shouts big platitudes, "People should be able to make their own decisions NOW!" Tough to argue with that in a free country, but he conveniently leaves out any of the consequences. Then when someone points out a potential issue with his line of thought he pounces with another equally senseless comment, "You virus nazi's are going to destroy the economy." Rinse and repeat.

A few days ago he was telling us all he planned to get the virus. As per usual just a lot of talk out of this guy. What you'll never get out a guy like John is an actual plan. An actual path forward. He knows if he actually put anything out there it might get pounded into the ground. That's a risk he can't take. So instead he continues to shower us with half truths and fanciful political ideologies. Ayn Rand would puke on this guy.

We'd all love it to be a black and white world, but it's grey. Some folks can't accept that.

I'm not a policy maker, but the plan I've suggested is as follows:

1. Mass testing to understand as precisely as possible the metrics driving this virus. R0, Hospitalization rate, Total cases, Mortality, Morbidity, ICU rate, etc...
2. Once we know that we can relax and enhance social distancing policies as it makes sense to drive the economy but not overwhelm the hospitals.
3. A moon shot type effort on a vaccine and therapies we know will work like antibody treatments through plasma infusion.

I believe doing these things would minimize human suffering and get us back to whatever our new normal will be as fast as possible.

Feel free to criticize it as you see fit, but don't do so without putting out your own plan.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Tallgrass05] #13498878 04/02/20 06:20 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
So there's that.

You do not know that for a fact though. Its just an opinion. Really all any of us have at the moment I guess.

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498888 04/02/20 06:25 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
We all want exactly the same thing. We want life back to normal as fast as possible with as little damage to the economy and human life as possible.

Guys like John come on here and ceaselessly shouts big platitudes, "People should be able to make their own decisions NOW!" Tough to argue with that in a free country, but he conveniently leaves out any of the consequences. Then when someone points out a potential issue with his line of thought he pounces with another equally senseless comment, "You virus nazi's are going to destroy the economy." Rinse and repeat.

A few days ago he was telling us all he planned to get the virus. As per usual just a lot of talk out of this guy. What you'll never get out a guy like John is an actual plan. An actual path forward. He knows if he actually put anything out there it might get pounded into the ground. That's a risk he can't take. So instead he continues to shower us with half truths and fanciful political ideologies. Ayn Rand would puke on this guy.

We'd all love it to be a black and white world, but it's grey. Some folks can't accept that.

I'm not a policy maker, but the plan I've suggested is as follows:

1. Mass testing to understand as precisely as possible the metrics driving this virus. R0, Hospitalization rate, Total cases, Mortality, Morbidity, ICU rate, etc...
2. Once we know that we can relax and enhance social distancing policies as it makes sense to drive the economy but not overwhelm the hospitals.
3. A moon shot type effort on a vaccine and therapies we know will work like antibody treatments through plasma infusion.

I believe doing these things would minimize human suffering and get us back to whatever our new normal will be as fast as possible.

Feel free to criticize it as you see fit, but don't do so without putting out your own plan.

Here’s my plan. Let’s rip the band aid off now. I understand some won’t like it, but we are kicking the can down the road right now. The only debate is how long we do that. My vote is now. I understand the possible problems with that. It’s a balancing act, and I think it’s going to get worse. Get on with it.

Carry on.

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: donothin] #13498890 04/02/20 06:25 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by donothin

70% of the population would need to get and recover from the virus to get herd immunity.

Baring a major advancement in a treatment of some sort or warm weather seasonality, you are exactly correct. It'll just come back. Again and again until we get to 70%.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide