texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,021
TexDawg 119,788
Bigbob_FTW 95,327
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,356
Mark Perry 72,488
Derek 🐝 68,322
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,908
Posts13,955,119
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Members questioning why we stopped the Lake Fork Anglers tournaments because of the covid 19 virus #13498454 04/02/20 01:49 PM
Bruce Allen Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
We tout ourselves as a "senior citizen fishing club" and since most of our 50+ members are seniors we felt it is in their best interest to not do the club thing until the virus is declared GONE.

Seniors have a tendency to have those dreaded "other" conditions that may cause this virus to be deadly (for them) and we didn't want to be the cause of any of our members death. About half of our members come from other places than Lake Fork. Many from the counties where there are stay at home orders in place. No only is it not fair to them if the club continues to fish and they can't but also what they may inadvertainly bring with them.

So, while we as a club are not fishing we encourage our members to get out on their own or hook up with other members or just go out alone and enjoy the spring fishing. For us really older guys I often think "how many springs do I have left to get out in my boat and catch a big one?"

Today, Thursday, is our regular every week tournament day and here I am sitting in front of the oomputer. But you can bet your axx that I will be out starting Sunday and throughout next week despite the wind, brown water, falling water, storms and rain and crowds.

And we are still signing up new members for anyone who can fish on Thursdays at Lake Fork once we start up again. I have the number you need to get started and you can go to www.bassfin.com to check out our rules etc. .

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Members questioning why we stopped the Lake Fork Anglers tournaments because of the covid 19 virus [Re: Bruce Allen] #13498549 04/02/20 02:54 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
If you wait until the virus is declared gone. Then y'all have had your last tournament ever.

Re: Members questioning why we stopped the Lake Fork Anglers tournaments because of the covid 19 virus [Re: Dubee] #13498579 04/02/20 03:17 PM
Jaguar6 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Dubee
If you wait until the virus is declared gone. Then y'all have had your last tournament ever.

Yup. The virus will never be “gone.” Maybe just maybe we can control it sooner or later but just like the flew, it’ll never be just gone

Old 18 Outfitters Pro Staff
Wicked Weights High Quality Tungsten Pro Staff
TH Marine Pro Staff
Fin Culture Fishing Apparel
Re: Members questioning why we stopped the Lake Fork Anglers tournaments because of the covid 19 virus [Re: Bruce Allen] #13498588 04/02/20 03:24 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
I think there's ways you can have smaller tournaments and still distance yourself. Even at weigh in.

But I dont see how Legends of Lake Fork is still going to go on next month.

Re: Members questioning why we stopped the Lake Fork Anglers tournaments because of the covid 19 virus [Re: Bruce Allen] #13498594 04/02/20 03:31 PM
M
metalruch1 Offline
Angler
Angler
M
The fact you have to explain why you had to cancel the tournament is very alarming... I really do not understand the attitude of people in this climate. IT's NOT about YOU! It's about making sure everyone else that cannot fend off the virus is safe.

I just got off the phone with a client of mine. He told me he had to break into his best friend's house because he did not reply for days to his texts and calls. His friend is dead. Now, they suspect corona virus but it is not confirmed ...yet. That being said, if we can prevent this from happening to others until a vaccine is made, then we are doing our part.

While I understand will not be "gone" it is still our duty to do what the DR's are saying. I am just really tired of the self-centered, individuals that will not abide by this.

This is not pointed on anyone on this forum...it's just a pent up frustration. I guess seeing your post having to explain why you did what was right got to me.

Stay safe!

BOOMER SOONER

Re: Members questioning why we stopped the Lake Fork Anglers tournaments because of the covid 19 virus [Re: metalruch1] #13498629 04/02/20 03:51 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by metalruch1
The fact you have to explain why you had to cancel the tournament is very alarming... I really do not understand the attitude of people in this climate. IT's NOT about YOU! It's about making sure everyone else that cannot fend off the virus is safe.

I just got off the phone with a client of mine. He told me he had to break into his best friend's house because he did not reply for days to his texts and calls. His friend is dead. Now, they suspect corona virus but it is not confirmed ...yet. That being said, if we can prevent this from happening to others until a vaccine is made, then we are doing our part.

While I understand will not be "gone" it is still our duty to do what the DR's are saying. I am just really tired of the self-centered, individuals that will not abide by this.

This is not pointed on anyone on this forum...it's just a pent up frustration. I guess seeing your post having to explain why you did what was right got to me.

Stay safe!

thumb

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Members questioning why we stopped the Lake Fork Anglers tournaments because of the covid 19 virus [Re: Jaguar6] #13498731 04/02/20 04:57 PM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by Jaguar6

Yup. The virus will never be “gone.” Maybe just maybe we can control it sooner or later but just like the flew, it’ll never be just gone

Do you two have nothing better to do than to slam a man who is doing what he can to show that his organization values the lives of its' members? I am a long distance from the lake, so I have no skin in the game either way. But, I do observe the behavior of others, and some of it has gotten quite ungentlemanly. I give him kudos for consideration of others. To you, I say you may one day find yourself in a position to understand this man's wisdom, or at least I hope you do.

By delaying the events, he allows all members to stay on a level playing field. By suspending, those who are at high risk and would be nervous in a tournament environment are certainly relieved they don't have to choose. The ones that would have fished can still go fishing if they like. For this, you feel it necessary to make crass remarks? Shame on you.

Re: Members questioning why we stopped the Lake Fork Anglers tournaments because of the covid 19 virus [Re: Dubee] #13498835 04/02/20 05:56 PM
B
bladerunner Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B

our it could be that he's had his last tournament until the initial rush of the virus is over and we finally have the beds, equipment, medical facilities, doctors and vaccines in place to help people who come down with it. I think (hope) we all understand there will be no cure, this quarantine is simple to lower the number of people rushing in now until we are better take of them. as you said, it will never be gone, I don't think people get that.

Great decision on postponing for now.

Last edited by bladerunner; 04/02/20 05:58 PM.

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity
Re: Members questioning why we stopped the Lake Fork Anglers tournaments because of the covid 19 virus [Re: Bruce Allen] #13498848 04/02/20 06:03 PM
P
Pitch Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Perhaps this video from a medical doctor (surgeon) will help everyone understand how serious this pandemic really is and why all precautions should be taken very seriously, to include postponing a few tournaments?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gwGkQPnNOo&t=366s

Re: Members questioning why we stopped the Lake Fork Anglers tournaments because of the covid 19 virus [Re: Bruce Allen] #13498849 04/02/20 06:03 PM
R
Rog Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Good on you Bruce!!! No explanation required. It’s the proper thing to do!

Re: Members questioning why we stopped the Lake Fork Anglers tournaments because of the covid 19 virus [Re: Flippin-Out] #13498864 04/02/20 06:12 PM
C
coachallentca Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out

Do you two have nothing better to do than to slam a man who is doing what he can to show that his organization values the lives of its' members? I am a long distance from the lake, so I have no skin in the game either way. But, I do observe the behavior of others, and some of it has gotten quite ungentlemanly. I give him kidos for consideration of others. To you, I say you may one day find yourself in a position to understand this man's wisdom, or at least I hope you do.

By delaying the events, he allows all members to stay on a level playing field. By suspending, those who are at high risk and would be nervous in a tournament environment are certainly relieved they don't have to choose. The ones that would have fished can still go fishing if they like. For this, you feel it necessary to make crass remarks? Shame on you.

I don't think they slammed anyone the just stated truth. One guy said the virus will never be gone. Is he right? Yes

Re: Members questioning why we stopped the Lake Fork Anglers tournaments because of the covid 19 virus [Re: Flippin-Out] #13499049 04/02/20 08:00 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out

Do you two have nothing better to do than to slam a man who is doing what he can to show that his organization values the lives of its' members? I am a long distance from the lake, so I have no skin in the game either way. But, I do observe the behavior of others, and some of it has gotten quite ungentlemanly. I give him kidos for consideration of others. To you, I say you may one day find yourself in a position to understand this man's wisdom, or at least I hope you do.

No where in what i said did i slam or criticize anyone. Just pointing out it will never be gone. Quit trying to read things into comments that aren't there.

Re: Members questioning why we stopped the Lake Fork Anglers tournaments because of the covid 19 virus [Re: Sinkey] #13499084 04/02/20 08:18 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by Sinkey
I think there's ways you can have smaller tournaments and still distance yourself. Even at weigh in.

no way I think.....just can't unless all of the stuff is lifted, and I do not see that happening until summer time

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Members questioning why we stopped the Lake Fork Anglers tournaments because of the covid 19 virus [Re: txmasterpo] #13499097 04/02/20 08:23 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Originally Posted by txmasterpo

no way I think.....just can't unless all of the stuff is lifted, and I do not see that happening until summer time

I feel the same way. But got an email the other day saying the tournament is still a go. Just dont think thats very smart at all.

Re: Members questioning why we stopped the Lake Fork Anglers tournaments because of the covid 19 virus [Re: Sinkey] #13499133 04/02/20 08:43 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by txmasterpo

I feel the same way. But got an email the other day saying the tournament is still a go. Just dont think thats very smart at all.

It's going to get cancelled

Jesus loves all of us
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide