texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,882
Posts13,954,774
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Denton County 'shelter at home' orders - my opinion (for whatever it's worth) #13486834 03/25/20 03:30 AM
Uncle Zeek Offline OP
aka "Dad"
OP Offline
aka "Dad"
Guys, I'm going to do something that will almost certainly bite me later, but I care about my fellow anglers enough to go out on a limb. I'm going to offer my opinion on the Denton County shelter at home order.

My opinion is that under this order, it is ok for individuals to go fishing. Section 2(a)(iii) says: "For purposes of this Order, individuals may leave their residence only to perform any of the following "Essential Activities" ... To engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with social distancing requirements of six feet, except as family units (for example, walking, biking, hiking, or running)."

While the order does not expressly name fishing as an outdoor activity, the list is only examples and is not exclusive. I can think of numerous outdoor activities not listed that can easily comply with 'social distancing': kayaking, hunting, fishing, sailing, metal detecting, birdwatching, etc. Now, an overworked law enforcement officer may not agree with this, and might cite you for violating the order. But I suspect that as long as fishermen are keeping their distance from one another, law enforcement will be more concerned with real problems.

The above is my opinion only, it only applies to the Denton County order, and is not legal advice. I'm going fishing tomorrow. Take that for what it's worth.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Denton County 'shelter at home' orders - my opinion (for whatever it's worth) [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13486871 03/25/20 03:59 AM
T
TXMulti-Species Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I agree 100%. As long as you're doing something outdoors respecting the social distancing rules you should be good, for now at least.

Catch and release. The dream - to catch one of every species of Freshwater fish in our great state! If only I can resist Carp...
https://txmultispecies.imgur.com/
[Linked Image]
Re: Denton County 'shelter at home' orders - my opinion (for whatever it's worth) [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13486957 03/25/20 08:39 AM
T
TritonRob Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
I agree but I had my wife call the Denton police dept and they said no fishing and if I'm caught pulling my boat I'd be ticketed! This really has me bummed out because I'm on vacation this week and am on the "essential" list at work so I have to go back to work next week...

Re: Denton County 'shelter at home' orders - my opinion (for whatever it's worth) [Re: TritonRob] #13486976 03/25/20 10:24 AM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
Originally Posted by TritonRob
I agree but I had my wife call the Denton police dept and they said no fishing and if I'm caught pulling my boat I'd be ticketed! This really has me bummed out because I'm on vacation this week and am on the "essential" list at work so I have to go back to work next week...

Frisco told Denton County to pack sand

Re: Denton County 'shelter at home' orders - my opinion (for whatever it's worth) [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13486987 03/25/20 10:58 AM
barbarian Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I think what they all want is no stopping to and from too. No gas, no drinks, etc,.........

Re: Denton County 'shelter at home' orders - my opinion (for whatever it's worth) [Re: TritonRob] #13487251 03/25/20 02:03 PM
S
SeanV14 Offline
Angler
Angler
S

When the people in charge are STUPID, it is time for civil disobedience.

sb

Re: Denton County 'shelter at home' orders - my opinion (for whatever it's worth) [Re: TritonRob] #13490027 03/27/20 07:39 AM
P
photofishin Offline
Angler
Angler
P

Tell them you're going out to get food for your family

Re: Denton County 'shelter at home' orders - my opinion (for whatever it's worth) [Re: TritonRob] #13490041 03/27/20 10:07 AM
L
Lee Finlay Offline
Angler
Angler
L

What number did she call and what was the name of the person she talked to?
I don't believe they actually said that.

Maybe she just wants you to stay home 😉

Re: Denton County 'shelter at home' orders - my opinion (for whatever it's worth) [Re: Lee Finlay] #13490064 03/27/20 10:37 AM
T
TritonRob Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Originally Posted by Lee Finlay

What number did she call and what was the name of the person she talked to?
I don't believe they actually said that.

Maybe she just wants you to stay home 😉

I'm not sure what number she called I'll have to ask her but I was sitting right next to her and she did call. To be honest with you it hasn't kept me home. Hell the boat launches have been packed!

Re: Denton County 'shelter at home' orders - my opinion (for whatever it's worth) [Re: TritonRob] #13490104 03/27/20 11:17 AM
R
rwsims Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R

While I was pulling my boat to RR yesterday around 9:30 am, passed 2 police cars on 1171/Main St and one police car was stopped next to me at a red light, nothing happened. Passed a few police cars on 377 also.

FYI: Jordan ramp was packed.

Re: Denton County 'shelter at home' orders - my opinion (for whatever it's worth) [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13490119 03/27/20 11:45 AM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I was fueling my boat 2 pumps over from a FTW officer yesterday morning... he just waived. Sanger officer passed right by me at the sportsman and waived. In a thread in the bass section there’s a guy that was pulled over while pulling his boat for speeding by a state trooper near Ray Bob, just wrote a speeding ticket and never said a thing about anything else. Only thing I saw that was BS was the crappie guide and bass guide that had 4 people on their boats.., that’s not social distancing, and that stuff better not cause the rest of us to lose our ability to fish.

Re: Denton County 'shelter at home' orders - my opinion (for whatever it's worth) [Re: buda13] #13490130 03/27/20 11:54 AM
Uncle Zeek Offline OP
aka "Dad"
OP Offline
aka "Dad"
Originally Posted by buda13
I was fueling my boat 2 pumps over from a FTW officer yesterday morning... he just waived. Sanger officer passed right by me at the sportsman and waived. In a thread in the bass section there’s a guy that was pulled over while pulling his boat for speeding by a state trooper near Ray Bob, just wrote a speeding ticket and never said a thing about anything else. Only thing I saw that was BS was the crappie guide and bass guide that had 4 people on their boats.., that’s not social distancing, and that stuff better not cause the rest of us to lose our ability to fish.

Yeah, guides could definitely have a problem.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Denton County 'shelter at home' orders - my opinion (for whatever it's worth) [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13490157 03/27/20 12:18 PM
Bandit 200 XP Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
wear gloves while pumping gas.

Triton 200 XP
200 Yamaha 0X66
Re: Denton County 'shelter at home' orders - my opinion (for whatever it's worth) [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13490190 03/27/20 12:46 PM
TCB Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Corinth PD put out a "shelter" do's and don't. It specifically listed under Outdoor Activities -- hunting and fishing. The Denton Sheriff also posted that they are not going to pull people over to just to see what they are doing. If you are speeding or doing something that would get you pulled over normally, expect to be pulled over. Otherwise, be smart and go fishing.

Re: Denton County 'shelter at home' orders - my opinion (for whatever it's worth) [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13490443 03/27/20 03:35 PM
P
photofishin Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
Originally Posted by buda13

Yeah, guides could definitely have a problem.

guides are listed as essential in Harris County. Keep in mind many are putting food on someone's table. As long as someone isn't sneezing/coughing and isn't hugging on the boat and you're regularly washing your hands, the risk is low. I'm not suggesting that we pack 50 people on a party boat but having two-three people on a guide boat fishing doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide