Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Any Sabine River updates? [Re: psycho0819] #13449219 02/24/20 03:39 AM
Glenn54 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Great report. Thanks for posting. Sounds like you gave it all you had. Sorry about the new battle wounds. Hopefully they're not too bad.

Originally Posted by psycho0819
Got back from our trip out there last night. Went ahed and blew off any attempt this morning and came on home. Spent Friday downstream of Jane's in the morning, then up to Murval in the afternoon. Saturday we fished from the ramp at 2517, up 6-mile, and then all the way down to just above Murval. We went to the back of hill lake on 6-mile, about 2miles back into Socogee looking for some clear water, into Murval a little ways, and a few other smaller feeders. Hit many sandbars and just about any place that looked like it might be holding a fish. 3 people in the boat, and we did not boat a single fish. My boat has several new battle scars from being back in the creeks, it was an adventure.

The best report we got was 6 fish in one boat, a first hand report of 4, and a whole lot of nothings. I'm pretty decent at finding those fish over a wide range of conditions and it was a humbling trip.

The water is now as high as I've aver attempted to fish it. Lots of debris blowing down the river. Whole trees in some cases, but lots of stuff to tear up a boat if you're not paying attention for just a few seconds. Current swift enough to get you in trouble if you're not experienced at navigating moving water.

If there was one good thing about it, we saw quite a bit of wildlife. With the river being up to and out of the banks you can see across land, not just the banks like anything significantly lower.

If you must go, then Jane's high water ramp is good, as was 2517 when we left. We used both.

Also be aware, the ants are piled up on driftwood and on trees. Not good to discover that by mistake. We saw several decent colonies of them over a few days.

I'm going to wait til the river comes down and make another attempt at it, hopefully within a couple weeks.

Glenn
Re: Any Sabine River updates? [Re: wfontjr] #13453009 02/27/20 04:08 AM
E
Esnow74 Offline
Angler
Angler
E
Short answer is yes and pretty much all the other normal run areas

Re: Any Sabine River updates? [Re: psycho0819] #13453055 02/27/20 05:38 AM
texcajun Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Got back from our trip out there last night. Went ahed and blew off any attempt this morning and came on home. Spent Friday downstream of Jane's in the morning, then up to Murval in the afternoon. Saturday we fished from the ramp at 2517, up 6-mile, and then all the way down to just above Murval. We went to the back of hill lake on 6-mile, about 2miles back into Socogee looking for some clear water, into Murval a little ways, and a few other smaller feeders. Hit many sandbars and just about any place that looked like it might be holding a fish. 3 people in the boat, and we did not boat a single fish. My boat has several new battle scars from being back in the creeks, it was an adventure.

The best report we got was 6 fish in one boat, a first hand report of 4, and a whole lot of nothings. I'm pretty decent at finding those fish over a wide range of conditions and it was a humbling trip.

The water is now as high as I've aver attempted to fish it. Lots of debris blowing down the river. Whole trees in some cases, but lots of stuff to tear up a boat if you're not paying attention for just a few seconds. Current swift enough to get you in trouble if you're not experienced at navigating moving water.

If there was one good thing about it, we saw quite a bit of wildlife. With the river being up to and out of the banks you can see across land, not just the banks like anything significantly lower.

If you must go, then Jane's high water ramp is good, as was 2517 when we left. We used both.

Also be aware, the ants are piled up on driftwood and on trees. Not good to discover that by mistake. We saw several decent colonies of them over a few days.

I'm going to wait til the river comes down and make another attempt at it, hopefully within a couple weeks.

We ran all over the river and hit every spot you mentioned last week (and some you didn't). Our group lucked into a big pile of whites on Wednesday of last week, but the rain blew them out by the next day. I personally only caught 10 fish last week and I fished as hard as I have ever fished the Sabine.

2002 Scandy White, 2002 Yamaha 90
Point me towards the water!
Re: Any Sabine River updates? [Re: texcajun] #13453682 02/27/20 08:14 PM
T
TroyKing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by texcajun

We ran all over the river and hit every spot you mentioned last week (and some you didn't). Our group lucked into a big pile of whites on Wednesday of last week, but the rain blew them out by the next day. I personally only caught 10 fish last week and I fished as hard as I have ever fished the Sabine.

Are any of you guys using side imaging to try to find them?

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: Any Sabine River updates? [Re: wfontjr] #13454809 02/28/20 07:02 PM
P
psycho0819 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
I have SI on my boat, and couldn't pin down any concentrations the whole time I was there.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
Re: Any Sabine River updates? [Re: TroyKing] #13455355 02/29/20 05:03 AM
texcajun Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by TroyKing
Originally Posted by texcajun

Are any of you guys using side imaging to try to find them?

Both boats used side imaging and with the exception of Wednesday a week ago, couldn't mark any white bass concentrations.

2002 Scandy White, 2002 Yamaha 90
Point me towards the water!
Re: Any Sabine River updates? [Re: wfontjr] #13471328 03/14/20 02:09 PM
K
kdub#1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Looks like the rivers almost back to normal flow and level. Gonna give it a shot this week. Anybody been?

Re: Any Sabine River updates? [Re: kdub#1] #13471413 03/14/20 03:38 PM
C
chrisc/striper express guide service Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
I haven’t been yet but I had some friends go and fishing has improved they caught some nice size ones not limits but they did do good

Lake Texoma Striper Guide Chris Carey

Re: Any Sabine River updates? [Re: wfontjr] #13471465 03/14/20 04:58 PM
K
kdub#1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
thsnks!

Re: Any Sabine River updates? [Re: kdub#1] #13471525 03/14/20 06:38 PM
M
Meadowlark Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Originally Posted by kdub#1
Looks like the rivers almost back to normal flow and level. Gonna give it a shot this week. Anybody been?

Yep, its on big time and the spawn is imminent. Should stay terrific until the spawn and/or predicted rains in the next few days.

Re: Any Sabine River updates? [Re: wfontjr] #13471596 03/14/20 08:20 PM
W
woodrow Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
Went yesterday. Caught and released 14. Some in creeks and some on sandbars. River going down but still really muddy.

Re: Any Sabine River updates? [Re: wfontjr] #13474216 03/16/20 08:36 PM
F
Fish a holic Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
My son and I went Saturday evening and caught 10. We put in at the 2517 bridge and went up river. The fish we caught was up against some flooded brush. It sure wasn't the numbers I've caught in the past...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide