Forums59
Topics1,039,317
Posts13,962,783
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Update on Missing Anglers from Pickwick [Re: Ken Starling] #13467699 03/11/20 05:20 PM
K
Ken Starling Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
K
Hopefully so Fouz and your right about good news or not. I am glad they are finding them.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Update on Missing Anglers from Pickwick [Re: Ken Starling] #13467704 03/11/20 05:26 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Me too, Ken. Very sad. Pray for their families.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Update on Missing Anglers from Pickwick [Re: Ken Starling] #13467718 03/11/20 05:43 PM
B
bassmanrudy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
1 more please so the families can have closure...

Did the flooding subside enough that the current slackened and the bodies were potentially found wedged in brush along the shoreline?

Re: Update on Missing Anglers from Pickwick [Re: bassmanrudy] #13467737 03/11/20 06:00 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted by bassmanrudy
Did the flooding subside enough that the current slackened and the bodies were potentially found wedged in brush along the shoreline?

I don't know about the river levels, but I doubt TWRA will publicly released whether they were wedged in brush or whatever. That can be an awful picture in the families' minds.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Update on Missing Anglers from Pickwick [Re: Ken Starling] #13467764 03/11/20 06:24 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
I copied this from another forum....

""I talked with one of the boys uncle Saturday. They are all torn up pretty bad. He give me some more details that I had not read anywhere. He said that in the pictures by the dam that it shows someone trying to start the motor and one of them on the trolling motor. Then in the last picture before they went over ,all three were huddled up holding each other in the middle of the boat. They found a couple of life jackets and some of their clothes and shoes. It’s very sad and disturbing to think what they were going thru during the last few moments. Prayers for all of the family.""

Re: Update on Missing Anglers from Pickwick [Re: beartrap] #13467770 03/11/20 06:28 PM
K
Ken Starling Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
K
Wow, about all I can say. I just could not imagine
Originally Posted by beartrap

""I talked with one of the boys uncle Saturday. They are all torn up pretty bad. He give me some more details that I had not read anywhere. He said that in the pictures by the dam that it shows someone trying to start the motor and one of them on the trolling motor. Then in the last picture before they went over ,all three were huddled up holding each other in the middle of the boat. They found a couple of life jackets and some of their clothes and shoes. It’s very sad and disturbing to think what they were going thru during the last few moments. Prayers for all of the family.""

Re: Update on Missing Anglers from Pickwick [Re: Ken Starling] #13467785 03/11/20 06:44 PM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Ken Starling

horrific

Re: Update on Missing Anglers from Pickwick [Re: beartrap] #13467880 03/11/20 08:52 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

crying

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Update on Missing Anglers from Pickwick [Re: Barrett] #13467886 03/11/20 09:02 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by Barrett

horrific

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Update on Missing Anglers from Pickwick [Re: Ken Starling] #13467907 03/11/20 09:20 PM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
They found another today only a mile from the last one. Said the 2 were located 9 miles from the dam.

Re: Update on Missing Anglers from Pickwick [Re: Ken Starling] #13467909 03/11/20 09:20 PM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

Re: Update on Missing Anglers from Pickwick [Re: Ken Starling] #13467930 03/11/20 09:38 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

You never want to imagine. When I was in Civil Air Patrol we were sent out in 1987 to search for bodies of kids that were on a school bus that flooded in Comfort, TX. My team found 2 bodies. I was 14 then and 46 now and I remember like it was yesterday. I NEVER want to see that again in my lifetime.

Re: Update on Missing Anglers from Pickwick [Re: Barrett] #13468024 03/11/20 10:37 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

horrific

...and so tragic. Sad.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Update on Missing Anglers from Pickwick [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13468060 03/11/20 11:10 PM
C
coachallentca Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

horrific

...and so tragic. Sad.

Very sad and I hope we never have to have another tragic boat accident like this again..Breaks my heart to think of what they went through.

Last edited by coachallentca; 03/12/20 01:29 AM.
Re: Update on Missing Anglers from Pickwick [Re: Ken Starling] #13468067 03/11/20 11:14 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Such a bad deal. Prayers up for closure for all these families. angel

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide