Print Thread
March Fly Casting Opportunities - DFW Area #13461978 03/06/20 03:30 AM
R
RexW Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
R
Hello Everyone, March is the start the fly fishing event season in the DFW area. I want to highlight some of the March events where I will be offering fly casting instruction.

- March 14 – “TRWD Fly Fest” in Fort Worth. https://trwdflyfest.

Introductory fly casting lessons will be offered on the hour beginning at 9:00 with the last session starting at 2:00. This is a free event that includes the option to fish the river. In addition to casting classes, there will be presentations on regional fishing opportunities, fly tying, and other activities.

- March 21 and 22 – “Texas Fly Fishing & Brew Festival” in Plano. http://txflyfishingfestival.org/

This is one of the biggest fly fishing shows in the state with multiple nationally known speakers including Landon Mayer, Blane Chocklett, Jason Randall, Dave Whitlock, Ed Jaworowski, and others that will be offering both presentations that are included with admission and specialty classes for an extra fee. Equipment manufacturers and vendors will also be there.

I will be teaching the “Beginning Fly Casting” class both days beginning at 9:30 am. The class will focus on proper casting techniques. This class is appropriate for both new fly fishers and for anyone that wants to consistently make a 45 foot cast that lands straight. There is a fee for this class. See the festival website for more details and to sign up.

Whether or not you are interested in my casting class, the Texas Fly Fishing & Brew Festival is a fun event. There will be some excellent speakers and I recommend attending as many of the seminars as you can.

- March 30 at 5:30 – The Dallas Fly Fishers Annual Auction.

I am offering a private casting lesson through this year’s DFF auction. Even if you are not interested in casting, the DFF auction is worth attending. I am always amazed at how much good fly fishing stuff and trips are available each year. For more details, refer to the March 2020 newsletter on the club’s website: https://www.dallasflyfishers.org/newsletters.html

Thank you,
Rex Walker
IFF Certified Instructor

Fly Fishers International certified casting instructor
TFO Rods pro staff
Re: March Fly Casting Opportunities - DFW Area [Re: RexW] #13470684 03/13/20 09:52 PM
R
RexW Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
R
Unfortunately, I have received emails today that both tomorrow's event in Fort Worth and next weekend's event in Plano have been canceled.

The Texas Fly Fishing & Brew Festival will be offering refunds for classes and tickets that have already bought. They asked to give them a couple of days to process everything.

I don't know the status of the auction yet.

Rex

Fly Fishers International certified casting instructor
TFO Rods pro staff
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide