Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: What about this rule??? [Re: Txduckhunter] #13460333 03/04/20 09:07 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter
Originally Posted by fouzman
You cannot cull a dead fish in a tournament! The dead fish has to go to the scales. Not put on ice and replaced by a heavier fish.

Hate to argue this but it doesn't HAVE to go to the scales. You can choose not to add it to your bag and weigh in only 4 fish. You can take the 5th fish home for the table. - this is living in the gray area.
The OP is looking for a way to justify breaking the rules and rationalize poor ethics.

Why would you not weigh a dead fish if the penalty is less than the weight of the dead fish and only take four to the scales?

And, the OP said he was replacing the dead fish with a bigger live one, and didn’t mention anything about weighing only four fish. He then goes on to say it would be legal because you’re allowed 10 fish in the boat.

[Linked Image]
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: What about this rule??? [Re: shotgunwilly] #13460334 03/04/20 09:07 PM
Fishinfellow Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by shotgunwilly
Lol. You're not in a gray area. You've been cheating.

100% this.

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: What about this rule??? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13460346 03/04/20 09:17 PM
T
Txduckhunter Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter
Originally Posted by fouzman
You cannot cull a dead fish in a tournament! The dead fish has to go to the scales. Not put on ice and replaced by a heavier fish.

Hate to argue this but it doesn't HAVE to go to the scales. You can choose not to add it to your bag and weigh in only 4 fish. You can take the 5th fish home for the table. - this is living in the gray area.
The OP is looking for a way to justify breaking the rules and rationalize poor ethics.

Why would you not weigh a dead fish if the penalty is less than the weight of the dead fish and only take four to the scales?

And, the OP said he was replacing the dead fish with a bigger live one, and didn’t mention anything about weighing only four fish. He then goes on to say it would be legal because you’re allowed 10 fish in the boat.

On Fork, we had a small fish die. Weight penalty would have been more than the fish weighed (1lb penalty) so we retained the fish. No cheating, just filleted and stuck in a bag of crappie fillets we already had at the house. Odd instance for sure.

I've never fished a tournament that the rules didn't clearly state that you could only have 5 (FIVE) fish in the boat unless you were actively culling. Throwing one in the other well and then weighing in 5 would be a clear rule violation - aka cheating.

Re: What about this rule??? [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13460348 03/04/20 09:21 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Yes, obviously cheating. The ice chest is a livewell that you decided to put ice into instead of oxygenated water.

[Linked Image]
Re: What about this rule??? [Re: Fishinfellow] #13460351 03/04/20 09:26 PM
T
tricky Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
Originally Posted by shotgunwilly
Lol. You're not in a gray area. You've been cheating.

100% this.

And IMHO you know it.

Re: What about this rule??? [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13460358 03/04/20 09:31 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
In the Tawakoni bass club, we are only penalized .25 of one pound which is hardly a penalty at all. We also aren't fishing for a $50K boat either.

By the letter of the law quoted above, it looks like you're still "culling" though you may not be "releasing" and that's where the rule is being broken.

I guess a follow up question would be if you've ever won big money after your cull and which tournament that was. (maybe don't answer that) wink

[Linked Image]
Re: What about this rule??? [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13460360 03/04/20 09:35 PM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I want to know what TD for what trail has cleared that for you?

I know for a fact that even if you find a workaround that it is still cheating in the spirit of the rule on culling. Which can get you disqualified very quickly.
I'll also bet you could never pass a polygrapg if that question was asked you.

Re: What about this rule??? [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13460363 03/04/20 09:39 PM
C
CashFishingTeam Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
What was explained to me a long time ago was the rule was in affect because you can’t want and waist. Like just shoot a deer and leave it lay just to kill it, or be crappie fishing, catch your limit, and throw 5 back just cuz they died and catch 5 more. So if a bass died you couldn’t throw it back in the water just to waist it and add another to your limit. I personally always thought was dumb because I know for a fact people trying to cull a fish still “alive” just waiting to see it move or twitch. Or 1/2 swim off then float at tip but gills still moving. Ie dead fish swimming. But they can still pass the poly graph and that’s legal to do. But all valid points. I asked the tournament director in 2011 and did nit have to do it in that tournament. But i do think now it is pushing the rules a little too much. Seeing the other topics made me think about it again. Especially the net example. If a fish comes off your bait and you net it, or it floats on top of the water for a split second and gets scooped up, technically your just netting a fish that’s loose in the water with no line, bait, or hooked attach to it. So that’s legal, but you can’t go around scooping bass up with a net. So like some people say you can go on forever debating rules. There does need to be some more clarity though. I liked the idea for a fish you broke off if you bring it in with out making another cast should be legal.

Re: What about this rule??? [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13460373 03/04/20 09:49 PM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by CashFishingTeam
What was explained to me a long time ago was the rule was in affect because you can’t want and waist. Like just shoot a deer and leave it lay just to kill it, or be crappie fishing, catch your limit, and throw 5 back just cuz they died and catch 5 more. So if a bass died you couldn’t throw it back in the water just to waist it and add another to your limit. I personally always thought was dumb because I know for a fact people trying to cull a fish still “alive” just waiting to see it move or twitch. Or 1/2 swim off then float at tip but gills still moving. Ie dead fish swimming. But they can still pass the poly graph and that’s legal to do. But all valid points. I asked the tournament director in 2011 and did nit have to do it in that tournament. But i do think now it is pushing the rules a little too much. Seeing the other topics made me think about it again. Especially the net example. If a fish comes off your bait and you net it, or it floats on top of the water for a split second and gets scooped up, technically your just netting a fish that’s loose in the water with no line, bait, or hooked attach to it. So that’s legal, but you can’t go around scooping bass up with a net. So like some people say you can go on forever debating rules. There does need to be some more clarity though. I liked the idea for a fish you broke off if you bring it in with out making another cast should be legal.

You are working pretty hard at finding a way to cheat period. You also don't understand the DQ you are discussing.
That team broke off the fish, left the area completely then later came back and caught the line. Yes the odd were it was their line but since they left the area and came back later there was no way to 100% know if it was theirs.
If they had somehow caught the line within seconds of the line breaking and handlined the fish in it would have been OK as is my understanding of the rule.
It was the leaving and coming back later and catching the line that got them DQed.

Re: What about this rule??? [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13460380 03/04/20 09:53 PM
C
CashFishingTeam Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Sorry I just wasn’t aware of the time rule stating how many seconds they had!

Re: What about this rule??? [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13460383 03/04/20 09:54 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Umm your a cheater period that is called culling.

5+5 equals 10 your right.

But 5 + 1 in a 5 fish tourney is 6 not 5.

Re: What about this rule??? [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13460385 03/04/20 09:58 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by CashFishingTeam

Midas whale want not waist not.

[Linked Image]
Re: What about this rule??? [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13460393 03/04/20 10:08 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Yes, you leave a fish hampered by being hooked with line possibly wrapped around a stump, a bigger fish could then eat the smaller fish on the hook you broke off on an hour earlier. No way to prove the original fish is the same one on the hook an hour later. Or, the initial fish wriggles off the lure and another fish sees a suspending bait and eats it. You hand line in the new fish with your original lure. In both scenarios, you are not catching the new fish with rod/reel even if you can prove it’s your line and hook/lure

[Linked Image]
Re: What about this rule??? [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13460410 03/04/20 10:23 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
To the OP:

What you posted is exactly what cheating is, 100% And if you have to try and justify an action that most reasonable and honest competitors would never do in a tournament, you're not only a cheater but a malicious one.

It's not like you accidentally forgot to buckle your life vest or wear your kill switch. You, like many dishonest people and criminals, think you are able to navigate around rules to your benefit. You seem to think you navigated inside a "gray" area and were successful.

I wish we could find out your real identity, I am willing to bet you've cheated others times as well. Being so brazen as to post a story about you cheating and thinking you can justify it makes it look like you're not only a cheater (and a thief if you won any money), but you are probably a narcissist as well.

#MFGA
Re: What about this rule??? [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13460411 03/04/20 10:24 PM
R
rxkid2001 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
Your director allow you to keep short fish? Maybe even weigh a 6th fish too? I seriously hope I’ve never placed behind you in a tournament.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide