Almost lost a power pole on 67 and redbird was hangin by 1 loose bolt

Originally Posted by Trickster
BIG FAT BASS LIVES MATTER

Re: Losing gear stories [Re: Bentman63] #13434707 02/11/20 01:18 AM
Mudshark Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I made it to the boat ramp with half an extension cord still dragging the ground. It use t be a 50 footer.. the charger was still in the boat thank goodness.

[Linked Image]

Re: Losing gear stories [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13434715 02/11/20 01:20 AM
Dognot Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
I've lost my whole boat before.

eeks Me too, it sideswiped a Cadillac too, Go big or go home.

Sometimes what didn't work out for you, did in fact, work out for you.

Haters going to hate and believers are going to believe.

Every man has two lives,The second one starts when he realizes that he has only one.

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”
Re: Losing gear stories [Re: Bentman63] #13434719 02/11/20 01:22 AM
Westside. Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Buddy and I fishing Fork for the first time, about 30 minutes in he hooks a fish and is really excited, kicked a custom rod and curado of mine in the drink, tried but couldn't recover it, downed a few beers and fished on. Luckily nothing more expensive than that, however I've lost my mind countless times trying to figure the fish out.

Re: Losing gear stories [Re: Bentman63] #13434759 02/11/20 01:42 AM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
I've probably posted this before but I get a kick out of reading it again...hopefully you will too...

..several years ago was fishing a Redman(BFL) tourney on Lake Sinclair(Ga.)..was fishing around docks and came up on one with couple little boys bream fishing off it..one was probably 6 years old and other one couple years older........did the usual "catching anything" greeting and both of them started telling me about a giant catfish had pulled their fishing rod out of the holder and swam off the night before and it was the older boys brand new rod and reel....both of the boys were kinda dejected over losing the rod and we told them we were sorry and continued fishing down the bank...
probably about two docks down,I saw a bobber in water at edge of a boat house with no rods on nearby docks...just on a hunch,I raised the bobber up with my rod tip and pulled the bobber to the boat and pulled in the line....no giant catfish but there was a brand new rod and push button reel....

I turned around and headed back where the boys were on the dock....as I got with within earshot I told them I had found a rod and reel that I might sell cheap...the older boy asked how much and I replied probably a dollar would be enough....older boy told the younger one to run up to the house and get a "dollar from Daddy"...and younger started to the house and I told him to hold on a minute til they saw the rod because it might not be worth a dollar....I can tell you,it was worth a hundred dollars to see the look on their faces when they saw the rod lying on my deck,recognized it as theirs and both of them trying to tell me at same time that was the rod the catfish had swam away with...I told them that if that was their rod,I just couldn't charge them anything......and it was worth another hundred dollars to have seen them running up to the cabin hollering out to their Dad they had got their rod back....

Re: Losing gear stories [Re: Bentman63] #13434761 02/11/20 01:43 AM
R
ReelBusy Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
I looked in the rear view mirror on the way back from Brownwood trip and my boat was gone.

Re: Losing gear stories [Re: beartrap] #13434771 02/11/20 01:50 AM
Mudshark Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by beartrap
I've probably posted this before but I get a kick out of reading it again...hopefully you will too...

..several years ago was fishing a Redman(BFL) tourney on Lake Sinclair(Ga.)..was fishing around docks and came up on one with couple little boys bream fishing off it..one was probably 6 years old and other one couple years older........did the usual "catching anything" greeting and both of them started telling me about a giant catfish had pulled their fishing rod out of the holder and swam off the night before and it was the older boys brand new rod and reel....both of the boys were kinda dejected over losing the rod and we told them we were sorry and continued fishing down the bank...
probably about two docks down,I saw a bobber in water at edge of a boat house with no rods on nearby docks...just on a hunch,I raised the bobber up with my rod tip and pulled the bobber to the boat and pulled in the line....no giant catfish but there was a brand new rod and push button reel....

I turned around and headed back where the boys were on the dock....as I got with within earshot I told them I had found a rod and reel that I might sell cheap...the older boy asked how much and I replied probably a dollar would be enough....older boy told the younger one to run up to the house and get a "dollar from Daddy"...and younger started to the house and I told him to hold on a minute til they saw the rod because it might not be worth a dollar....I can tell you,it was worth a hundred dollars to see the look on their faces when they saw the rod lying on my deck,recognized it as theirs and both of them trying to tell me at same time that was the rod the catfish had swam away with...I told them that if that was their rod,I just couldn't charge them anything......and it was worth another hundred dollars to have seen them running up to the cabin hollering out to their Dad they had got their rod back....

Attached Files 3DB7A7BE-B33A-4018-8C4D-5783BCBA4922.jpeg

[Linked Image]

Re: Losing gear stories [Re: Bentman63] #13434791 02/11/20 02:17 AM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
I had a boat wheel pass me on the freeway. I thought to my self how could some poor dolt not tighten down his lug nuts. That mistake cost me a new hub.

Re: Losing gear stories [Re: TR176] #13434822 02/11/20 02:46 AM
G
GSKEETER Offline
Angler
Angler
G
really embarrassing .from Wichita falls to lake alan henry near Lubbock . got to boat ramp about to back boat in, noticed driver side trailer wheel sitting at angle ,looking through mirror. got out and wheel bearings fried wheel about to fall off . real bad maintenance. got a road service guy out while blocking the ramp .we were angled down the ramp so the mechanic asked me to set the parking brake . he patched it, warning that spindle was too far gone and it would have to be repaired before we came back to Wichita falls. it got worse . I forgot that the parking brake was set . tried to head back to lake the next morning and started smelling something like burnt grease. had pickup wreckered 50 miles . then I remembered that parking brake was set . headed towards Lubbock to find a spindle for trailer .did find one
and found an oil field welder to make the repair. 3 0r 4 months later one of the wheel ends on pickup went out. failure was related to driving with emergency brake set .
have other stories but this is my best/worst one.

Re: Losing gear stories [Re: Bentman63] #13434839 02/11/20 03:00 AM
Billy Blazer 300 HPDI Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I lost the rear swivel seat the first time I took my 921 out when it was new.

The good thing about turning 64 in a few weeks is, lots of things I’ve lost I don’t even remember!!!

One thing I do remember was years back before iPhones, we carried PDA’s. The ones you scribbled on with the little pin thing. I lost mine in San Antonio walking back to my car after a sales call.

I got an email a few weeks later from a third party company that assists hearing impaired and blind people. A lady that was deaf and blind stepped on it in the street after it had been ran over. She had it boxed up and sent back to me. Trying to explain to my jerk boss a lady that was deaf and blind found my PDA was an interesting conversation. I think I had my business card tapped to it or something like that. It was smashed flat but the nice blind lady sent it back. I sent her a check to pay for the shipping not knowing it was smashed. It really didn’t matter, honest lady trying to do the right thing.

Thanks, Billy
Re: Losing gear stories [Re: Bentman63] #13434847 02/11/20 03:04 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Bentman63
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
I've lost my whole boat before.

sank?
Fell off trailer?

Floated away as we slept. We got it back.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Losing gear stories [Re: Bentman63] #13434913 02/11/20 03:53 AM
S
Spiderman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Was coming back from fishing a private lake near Sulphur Springs on I-30 late at night. speed limit is 75mph. Probably going 80. Get home and one of the rod bags is missing.

5 GLoomis GlX rods and 5 Shimano Core reels blew out of the back of the truck when the tie down slipped.

It was a sad, sad day that we don't speak of often!

The Truth is six of the seven Dwarfs are not Happy!
Re: Losing gear stories [Re: Spiderman] #13434926 02/11/20 04:12 AM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Was coming back from fishing a private lake near Sulphur Springs on I-30 late at night. speed limit is 75mph. Probably going 80. Get home and one of the rod bags is missing.

5 GLoomis GlX rods and 5 Shimano Core reels blew out of the back of the truck when the tie down slipped.

It was a sad, sad day that we don't speak of often!

Ouchee. That reminds me of way back, I had a soft tackle bag on the rear deck that was full of all my lures, hooks, sinkers etc. It was pretty heavy so I didn't worry about it. My buddy was driving his Skeeter and we were hauling up Fork from the dam back to Rainswood. A boat cut across the front of us going into Birch making a wake and we hit the wake and went airborne. When we did I had to hold on to the rail handle. I saw my tackle bag go airborne as the boat slipped out from under it. Down it went and sunk to the bottom. We tried for a long time to find it, but nope Lake Fork claimed it.

Last edited by Bob Davis; 02/11/20 04:12 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Losing gear stories [Re: Mudshark] #13435126 02/11/20 01:12 PM
G
greenen Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Originally Posted by Mudshark
I made it to the boat ramp with half an extension cord still dragging the ground. It use t be a 50 footer.. the charger was still in the boat thank goodness.

Me too.

Re: Losing gear stories [Re: Bentman63] #13435454 02/11/20 04:34 PM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
U
I've donated many anchors to the TWok dam.

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide