Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: machoblanco61] #13416881 01/26/20 08:19 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by machoblanco61
https://majorleaguefishing.com/about/sponsors/

Looks like MLF is still listing some big name sponsors

https://www.flwfishing.com/search

Looks like FLW is sporting some big names too.

I sure hope for their sake they don’t hear all the negativity and decide to run away from MLFLW......cause I think they are getting to game of bass fishing in front of millions of new and old viewers via CBS, Discovery Channel, Cable and live stream. Please don’t jinx it Big O....please!

Lol, don’t listen to Big O, he thinks the sky is falling.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: slim 285] #13416887 01/26/20 08:27 PM
B
Bobby61 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I am a die hard MLF fan!!!!

Im The last one to let you down!!!
Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: Bobby61] #13416929 01/26/20 09:16 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Bobby61

I love the format. And the more goobers like grout scout and seminole wind ( big o) spout their nonsense. I like it more

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: slim 285] #13416941 01/26/20 09:29 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Well, they were smart enough to take back the changes in the format they said they were going to do so that's a start. Leave the TV show stuff for the MLF and just leave FLW alone. To bad some big names had to jump ship for that to happen

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: machoblanco61] #13417010 01/26/20 10:52 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Big O, whatcha think about that Tackle Warehouse news? Is that a significant enough endemic for you?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they take a public relations hit because of it... a company putting their brand behind an unethical organization never works out for the brands image. Many others recognized that and pulled out all together or significantly reduced their brands exposure to anything MLF related for that very reason.

Please elaborate what companies pulled out or back? Just curious, was there any announcements by them as to why?

Ask Mark Jones that question. He’s in a great position to know because just the other day he was on here preaching the current line up for the MLFLW sanctioned circuits sponsors eclipsed the amount and quality of the previous years sponsors. Of course, when challenged to put them up side by side with the ones that decline to renew or extend their sponsorships for comparison purposes, he squirmed and wormed around the subject, and refused to put forth any info that people could use to form an objective comparative opinion. In Marks world of selling sh!t sandwiches to clueless executives he will put Tackle Warehouse on the same brand prominence and legitimacy as Bass Pro Shops, or Joes bag-o-lures in the same level of prominence as a Rapala... Seemingly, if they are paying the same price for sponsorship spots, they are equal in providing legitimacy to a group that needs a lending of all the legitimacy It can get. Right?

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: slim 285] #13417016 01/26/20 10:58 PM
M
Monty Wright Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
M
Cory Neece having Cody Jinks as his walk-up song clap clap clap

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: Big O Florida] #13417021 01/26/20 11:00 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Big O, whatcha think about that Tackle Warehouse news? Is that a significant enough endemic for you?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they take a public relations hit because of it... a company putting their brand behind an unethical organization never works out for the brands image. Many others recognized that and pulled out all together or significantly reduced their brands exposure to anything MLF related for that very reason.

Please elaborate what companies pulled out or back? Just curious, was there any announcements by them as to why?

Ask Mark Jones that question. He’s in a great position to know because just the other day he was on here preaching the current line up for the MLFLW sanctioned circuits sponsors eclipsed the amount and quality of the previous years sponsors. Of course, when challenged to put them up side by side with the ones that decline to renew or extend their sponsorships for comparison purposes, he squirmed and wormed around the subject, and refused to put forth any info that people could use to form an objective comparative opinion. In Marks world of selling sh!t sandwiches to clueless executives he will put Tackle Warehouse on the same brand prominence and legitimacy as Bass Pro Shops, or Joes bag-o-lures in the same level of prominence as a Rapala... Seemingly, if they are paying the same price for sponsorship spots, they are equal in providing legitimacy to a group that needs a lending of all the legitimacy It can get. Right?

Now thats kinda funny...I don’t care who you are or what side of the fence your on. Lol. roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: Monty Wright] #13417028 01/26/20 11:08 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Monty Wright
Cory Neece having Cody Jinks as his walk-up song clap clap clap

I noticed that yesterday. I had to root for the kid today.

[Linked Image]
Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: slim 285] #13417036 01/26/20 11:18 PM
C
CashFishingTeam Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
MLF SUCKS! Many Little Fish roflmao

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: machoblanco61] #13417049 01/26/20 11:34 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

He can’t or won’t. He has been asked to put up or shut up since he opened his account to bash MLF/BPT.

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: Big O Florida] #13417056 01/26/20 11:37 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

You've mentioned Skeeter and Rapala over and over and over in your comments, so let's address these.

1. Skeeter was a not large sponsor of MLF. Does any property want to lose a sponsor, of course not but the revenue lost was minimal against the offset of added sponsorships and the grand scheme of their entire sponsorship portfolio and no they don't all pay the same thing. You're making an attempt to act like it's the end of the world and it simply isn't. I get that the optics of it aren't great and that certainly matters but it doesn't matter more than the math of it.

I don't have the context of why they chose to leave and I'm not going to speculate. I'll go with it was for business reasons, not some conspiracy. Skeeter and the people leading the brand are smart and didn't get to where they are by making emotional or irrational businesses decisions and to be clear, that's what you're implying. If you want to act like they got caught up in something else, please proceed.

This likely all comes down for a handful of brands that they were simply on the outside looking in originally when MLF was formed. MLF went the exclusivity route as they started their property years ago and there were endemic brands that either didn't see the vision at the time or didn't take a placeholder sponsorship. I see both sides of that challenge and get it. When BPT came along it provided an opportunity for more of those endemics to enter and play. Some chose to and some chose not to.

2. Bass Pro Shops is still a sponsor of MLF. Tackle Warehouse sponsored FLW exclusively. I'm not sure how you have all this insight but can't keep up with the simple stuff?

3. There's still a ton of new sponsor updates coming along and again you'll have nothing to retort with other than Skeeter. The lineup I gave you the other day did not have all of the current MLF sponsors it was simply a quick update provided to partners. Again, I've explained that to you, so if you decide to keep ignoring it I can't help you.

4. Pure Fishing is a sponsor and Rapala is still a sponsor of MLF as well, so you have bad data.

5. White River Marine Group, Phoenix and Bass Cat are all current partners of MLF and/or FLW. I think they'll be ok without Skeeter.

So tell me now, how is this the end of the world?

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: Dubee] #13417219 01/27/20 01:37 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Dubee

I love the format. And the more goobers like grout scout and seminole wind ( big o) spout their nonsense. I like it more

Oh boy, you think I care what you like. roflmao

Not sure why mlf is being discussed along with FLW. One is for real tournament anglers and the other is for guys like Dubee, that can’t catch big fish.

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: slim 285] #13417247 01/27/20 01:59 AM
S
skeeterbugzx300 Offline
Angler
Angler
S
I think something is going good because so far the bfl's has been a full field or close to it. I don't care to much for the mlf format but still will watch it on tv. I look at this way at least we still have the flw on the count of mlf.

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: grout-scout] #13417320 01/27/20 03:14 AM
M
machoblanco61 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Originally Posted by grout-scout

Not sure why mlf is being discussed along with FLW. One is for real tournament anglers and the other is for guys like Dubee, that can’t catch big fish.

WTF!?!?
Wheeler, Hackney, Lane, Tharp, Monroe, Ehrler, VanDam, Evers, Christie, DeFoe, Lee, Lucas, Martens, ....These along with soon to be Thrift are still consistently BETTER , I repeat BETTER than all but a very few others who are fishing ANY TOUR today....PERIOD.
Y’all who call these guys no good dink fishermen have chittlins for brains. The BPT format/Tour is just a year old and you’d think the aforementioned anglers can’t fish anymore listening to your ignorance!
Those of y’all who think they are....are drunk or sumpin’
Mark Macho’s words down plain and simple- Deez boys are going to continue to kick [censored], be sponsored just fine and improve upon the new Tour/ company all the while with or without you handful of keyboard whine-O’s
I grabbed just a portion of MLF guys mentioned above - Bring your best 13 from The Elites head to head ANY FORMAT against the above list. Bet the mortgage and you’ll lose ! A lot left to prove on them other young uns’ and the guys above are far from washed up!

Last edited by machoblanco61; 01/27/20 03:32 AM.
Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: machoblanco61] #13417347 01/27/20 03:48 AM
slim 285 Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by grout-scout

WTF!?!?
Wheeler, Hackney, Lane, Tharp, Monroe, Ehrler, VanDam, Evers, Christie, DeFoe, Lee, Lucas, Martens, ....These along with soon to be Thrift are still consistently BETTER , I repeat BETTER than all but a very few others who are fishing ANY TOUR today....PERIOD.
Y’all who call these guys no good dink fishermen have chittlins for brains. The BPT format/Tour is just a year old and you’d think the aforementioned anglers can’t fish anymore listening to your ignorance!
Those of y’all who think they are....are drunk or sumpin’
Mark Macho’s words down plain and simple- Deez boys are going to continue to kick [censored], be sponsored just fine and improve upon the new Tour/ company all the while with or without you handful of keyboard whine-O’s
I grabbed just a portion of MLF guys mentioned above - Bring your best 13 from The Elites head to head ANY FORMAT against the above list. Bet the mortgage and you’ll lose ! A lot left to prove on them other young uns’ and the guys above are far from washed up!

But who will ever know if we we don’t watch Mo Little Fish

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide