Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Fake meat [Re: uncle_bagster] #13412647 01/22/20 03:49 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
way back I did a canoe trip in big bend with some good friends that were vegetarian and ate no real meat of any kind.
trip was over thanksgiving and they brought along tofu turkey and ham, it surprised me how edible it was. she was an awesome cook and did some spices etc. that made the turkey breast substitute edible, same with the ham but I thought it was too salty.

overall it was a decent turkey day without real turkey.

give me the real thing tho

Last edited by hopalong; 01/22/20 03:49 PM.
Re: Fake meat [Re: hopalong] #13412651 01/22/20 03:51 PM
Westside. Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by hopalong
way back I did a canoe trip in big bend with some good friends that were vegetarian and ate no real meat of any kind.
trip was over thanksgiving and they brought along tofu turkey and ham, it surprised me how edible it was. she was an awesome cook and did some spices etc. that made the turkey breast substitute edible, same with the ham but I thought it was too salty.

Tofurkey

Re: Fake meat [Re: HasBen] #13412679 01/22/20 04:07 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by HasBen
My California daughter

Where does one get a "California daughter"? What makes her California?

Re: Fake meat [Re: TR176] #13412685 01/22/20 04:14 PM
O
OTFF Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by TR176
Originally Posted by V-Bottom
Originally Posted by uncle_bagster
I never thought this would go over. I ate some fake sausage links once that tasted like dog tirds.

https://www.kswo.com/2020/01/20/fake-meat-industry-enjoys-meaty-success/

You've eaten Dog Tirds? HS !!!!

How one knows how a dog turd tastes must be explained.

I completely agree. We can assume the reference is that one can imagine how bad “tird” would taste as compared as to how bad dog “tirds” smell. I will try most things, but I do draw the line with “tirds.”

Ephesians 4:4-6 KJV

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Re: Fake meat [Re: uncle_bagster] #13412769 01/22/20 05:02 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
What is a tird anyway? Is that the stuff they make fake meat out of?

Re: Fake meat [Re: Westside.] #13412773 01/22/20 05:07 PM
T
thrashfish Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Westside.

Tofurkey

roflmao

Re: Fake meat [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13412819 01/22/20 05:51 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

The Fiance she does not eat beef at all for religious reasons, she is almost a vegetarian... so we eat lots of fish, "fake meat", and occasional turkey or chicken. Better for the planet and for your health. I will still have a steak now and again but have cut way way down on red meat in the last few years.

I don't understand the folks who will eat the meat of one creature but not another.
My sister won't eat any meat other than fish but to me it's still meat. At least the way I see it. I've cleaned enough fish to know the meat is in between the skin and bones.
Oh well.

This thread needs more cowbell ...
[Linked Image]

Re: Fake meat [Re: Icepick] #13412827 01/22/20 05:56 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Icepick

The Fiance she does not eat beef at all for religious reasons, she is almost a vegetarian... so we eat lots of fish, "fake meat", and occasional turkey or chicken. Better for the planet and for your health. I will still have a steak now and again but have cut way way down on red meat in the last few years.

I don't understand the folks who will eat the meat of one creature but not another.
My sister won't eat any meat other than fish but to me it's still meat. At least the way I see it. I've cleaned enough fish to know the meat is in between the skin and bones.
Oh well.

His finance is probably Hindu. That said, we all eat the meat of some creatures and not others. Baring absolute starvation, we all draw the line somewhere.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Fake meat [Re: Jpurdue] #13412863 01/22/20 06:17 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
Originally Posted by Jpurdue

Oh well.

His finance is probably Hindu. That said, we all eat the meat of some creatures and not others. Baring absolute starvation, we all draw the line somewhere.

You have a point.
I won't eat possum but my uncle Jed will.

This thread needs more cowbell ...
[Linked Image]

Re: Fake meat [Re: uncle_bagster] #13412887 01/22/20 06:29 PM
SheldonS Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by uncle_bagster
I never thought this would go over. I ate some fake sausage links once that tasted like dog tirds.

https://www.kswo.com/2020/01/20/fake-meat-industry-enjoys-meaty-success/

How do you know what those taste like?

Re: Fake meat [Re: Icepick] #13412893 01/22/20 06:34 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco

Oh well.

You have a point.
I won't eat possum but my uncle Jed will.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fake meat [Re: Jpurdue] #13412928 01/22/20 06:53 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan

Oh well.

Correct Mr. Purdue she is Hindu and although not devout about her religion, the not eating cows thing...she takes that serious AF. Has the same reaction to the idea of eating beef that I do to the idea of eating a dog... strange how that works? Culture and all and how it influences what we think is "ok" to eat and what is not.

Honestly If she had it her way there would be no meat at all in the house, but we compromise. I can cut way down on beef, no problem, and you dont have to cook me beef, no problem, but I am not giving up poultry or fish. So that works for us.

Re: Fake meat [Re: Kattelyn] #13412994 01/22/20 07:39 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Kattelyn
We eat a good deal of "fake meat". Mostly from Gardien. They have tons of great options and although its not the same as meat, its pretty damn close!

I have to say it is NOT cheaper than real meat. Maybe it will be at some point but for now, now way, it costs more.

And your blood pressure and cholesterol levels probably thanks you. Americans eat way too much meat for what's healthy. We honestly don't need anywhere near the amount of calories than we take in and that's why we're overweight as a nation.

Where do my Hostess Zingers fit into this conversation?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Fake meat [Re: uncle_bagster] #13413130 01/22/20 08:51 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Nothing beats 100 percent BEEF! food

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Fake meat [Re: hopalong] #13413233 01/22/20 10:27 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B

Hop.... please, in the name of all things Holy, tell me some bad arse story of killing a snake with your bare hands and sucking the blood out of it before you chew the meat off the ribs. Fake turkey? Fake ham?

[Linked Image]

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide