So where is TBOX, I ask? #13407348 01/17/20 01:59 PM
C
crapicat Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
C
hmmm

So, as I peruse the pages of TFF, I begin to ask myself, just where in the world is my buddy, TBox? For those of you that don’t know him, he is the fella responsible for deciding the color combinations on those wonderful Thermocline Jigs. His wife Belinda, or Granny B, is the person responsible for making those great baits. I can say, that my first drop will always be a Thermocline bait, because they just work so effectively, day in and day out. His color combinations are legendary, because of his approach at deciding on colors, which has always been a closely guarded secret. Of course, I know his secret, but not many other people do. The thing that I have always preferred about his baits, is that they just seem to catch fish on any body of water, on any day, in any conditions, just like magic. Some days other profiles may beat em out, but it’s just hard to find a bait that will beat them day in and day out. I swear it has to do with the color combinations that he designs. But what do I know, about bait designs. Nothing, really, I just have a tendency to listen to people that are good at their craft, and TBox is one of them.

Over the years, Ole TBox has put together some favorites for me. My First love, was Texas Toast, because I love that bait on cedar creek, then Go To Greenie wrecked havoc on Palestine, and is a good backup color on most every other lake. Then along came Black Emerald Shiner..man, what a bait, it is still my number 1 choice, bar none. Not sure I have ever found a lake it won’t catch fish on. I will say, if you haven’t caught a fish with it in five minutes, then switch to natural shad color, cause that is what they want. A close second, in my mind, is that natural shad. Something about those colors, just can’t explain it. Every time I go over there he has a new color he wants me to fish? Once it was like, orange, and I was like really dude? And he was like yeah, only today it’s a 3 inch bait! A 3 INCH bait...dude I fish lil fry’s, not 3 inch baits, but I digress.

He and Granny B live over there at Lake Fork, where they have their tackle store. Since I hate buying anything off the internet, and don’t know how to use Facebook, (they sell Baits off both venues), I always make a two or three day trip to see them and buy their products. So anyway, I always go see ole Tbox to buy baits, and well visit, go out to dinner, spend the night, fish Fork, and whiling the time away talking about baits, and messing with pookie, his dog. Before I call however, I always check in to the forum to see how everyone is holding up, and to check on ole TBoxes whereabouts. See, these days he wears those fancy fishing shirts, with names on them, and sponsors of tournaments past, plus he smiles a lot, shakes a lot of hands, and visits with a lot of people. So whenever I figure he is gonna be around his home for a few days, based on TFF banter, I will text him and/or give him a call, to see when he is gonna he available to go fishing.

The last few days, I have not seen nor heard a peep out of anyone about tournaments, or TBox, or Thermocline Lures, and I wonder, is TBox ok? Has something happened to him? I got kinda worried, and my mind started racing through all the years we fished together, surely nothing has happened, I hoped. I kept seeing this thread, about the cover photo contest, which I never opened, because I am not much on taking pictures before, during, or after fishing. So anyway, as I was wondering about what has happened to TBox, I kept seeing this cover photo opportunity, set up by the Janitor. Finally, last night, wanting to look at some good photos, I opened the thread. Lo and behold, right there in living color, ole TBox, his mug gracing ten or so of the photos! He is still alive and doing well, I thought, thankfully, he is ok. Of course, he seems to be adding some gray hair and a few extra pounds, but hey, so am I. So, I am relieved, but not happy, just yet, as no one has offered his whereabouts. So has anyone heard or know what ole TBox is up to these days? If so, please share.

Re: So where is TBOX, I ask? [Re: crapicat] #13407410 01/17/20 02:28 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
did you try calling him,...? noidea

Re: So where is TBOX, I ask? [Re: JIM SR.] #13407423 01/17/20 02:34 PM
C
crapicat Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
C
Nah, I’m not letting him off that easy, Jim...

Last edited by crapicat; 01/17/20 02:35 PM.
Re: So where is TBOX, I ask? [Re: crapicat] #13407427 01/17/20 02:35 PM
red snappa Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Crapicat, he is alive and well! I spend a good portion of time on the water with him and still tournament fish with him. He posts mainly on Facebook and leaves the Forum posting to me. So, most of my posts will include Tboxfish. As always, my posts will include Thermocline Lures whether I was fishing with Todd, by myself or taking someone. There is a lot of guides and tournament fishermen that used to post on here, but have moved on to other mediums (I suspect for greater exposure). I will continue to post on here and you will be able to kind of follow Tboxfish (as long as I fish with him, I post on here as well as Facebook). You will definitely have to check out the new color Phantom! It is a catching machine!
By the way, I posted the pics of him for the cover contest and he doesn't know yet. Maybe they'll spare all of our eyes, maybe they won't! roflmao
[Linked Image]

I like my fishing like a whino likes his wine!
http://thermoclinelures.com
http://advancedtaxidermy.com
Re: So where is TBOX, I ask? [Re: red snappa] #13407450 01/17/20 02:49 PM
C
crapicat Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
C
Thanks Snappa, but as you know, I still want to see a new and recent photo of him/Belinda/pookie, posted by him! Or better yet, Belinda and Pookie. Got to make sure he is still kicking! BTW, you take way better photos than he ever did! So what tournament trails are y’all working this year and when do they start?

So, tell me the scuttlebut on that new color...and in the meantime, badger ole TBox to get me some pictures, so I can tell that story from our last fishing trip...I swear, he is getting forgetful in is senior years!

Re: So where is TBOX, I ask? [Re: crapicat] #13407488 01/17/20 03:16 PM
red snappa Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Crapicat, a while back I was fishing with an old high school friend and he does not share the same enthusiasm as I do about jigs. With that being said, he brought some minnows for himself and did fairly good. I noticed that he had a mix, some of them being the rosey reds. He did far better with the red minnows. It was a bright, sun shiny day and I noticed the glow that came off of those reddish, pinkish minnows. Since I have never seen a plastic that had this same glow, I challenged Todd to imitate it. It took quite a few tries, but through trial, error and testing, he did it! flehan The finished product is just flat out a new go to for me. You have to put one under the surface of the water before you see the magic! Ice Shad and Copper Mine are two of my absolute favorites ( I had input in the development of those two colors), but the Monkey Business and now Phantom make up my four go to colors.
I will agree with you 100% on the picture taking! He definitely needs to learn how to take a good one! As far as tournaments, we will be fishing Crappie Anglers of Texas and Pro Crappie Trail. I will take picsroflmao roflmao roflmao and keep you updated!

I like my fishing like a whino likes his wine!
http://thermoclinelures.com
http://advancedtaxidermy.com
Re: So where is TBOX, I ask? [Re: red snappa] #13407547 01/17/20 03:52 PM
C
crapicat Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
C
Last time out, I noticed Tbox using those colors (ice shad and copper mine), so I bought some...needless to say, I have been trying to incorporate those colors into my routine...so that Ice Shad has done well. And I also tried some of that monkey business...which seems to be a combo of two of my favorite colors, but I haven’t spent much time on the water pitching it or the coppermine, yet. However, reportedly ole TBox and HickoryNut took top honors at Murval fishing it. I guess I am gonna have to give that Phantom a whirl, see what it is about.

Re: So where is TBOX, I ask? [Re: crapicat] #13407717 01/17/20 05:34 PM
C
CrappieXpress Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Copper mine is a regular for me when the water gets slightly off color. It seems to be a year round producer for our water colors in East Texas. Purple passion has also been a killer color on caddo this winter.

Re: So where is TBOX, I ask? [Re: crapicat] #13407993 01/17/20 10:22 PM
Gamblinman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
black emerald shiner has caught a ton of fish for me.

Re: So where is TBOX, I ask? [Re: crapicat] #13408369 01/18/20 04:10 AM
T
TroyKing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
This thread kinda has a soap opera ish feel to it ...sort of pulls that your emotions...makes you hang on to see what's going to happen next... rockon

Last edited by TroyKing; 01/18/20 04:11 AM.

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: So where is TBOX, I ask? [Re: crapicat] #13408394 01/18/20 04:59 AM
C
canyoncreek06 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
3" magnum tadpole in silver flash chart hooked with chart on top is my go to during the fall/early winter. Plus, they are deadly on speckled trout in the winter. That reminds me I probably ought to get a few more.

>E

Last edited by canyoncreek06; 01/18/20 05:01 AM.

Columbus took a chance and he made it.
Re: So where is TBOX, I ask? [Re: TroyKing] #13408432 01/18/20 08:22 AM
O
old76angler Offline
Angler
Angler
O
laugh

Re: So where is TBOX, I ask? [Re: crapicat] #13408517 01/18/20 01:50 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Hi fellow Thump Addicts cheers
I’m still kicking, just not as high or often roflmao
We actually ran the 1st production batch of “Phantom” yesterday, but due to website issues,
It will be a couple more days before they will be available
I have another color that has been simmering for awhile now clap

Crapicat, I thought or rather hoped, it was you that had fell off the map roflmao

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

There’s a couple of pictures from recent outings

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support!

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Re: So where is TBOX, I ask? [Re: crapicat] #13408725 01/18/20 06:45 PM
K
Ken Gaby Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
K
Quote: Crapicat, I thought or rather hoped, it was you that had fell off the map roflmao

I was hoping the same thing brother. Guess we'll have to wait till he runs out of words again. roflmao roflmao

Definitely does feel like a soap opera Troy. When ole crappicat says something, he wants to say it in his special way. clap

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: So where is TBOX, I ask? [Re: tboxfish] #13409016 01/19/20 02:02 AM
C
crapicat Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
C
Dang it Todd, you and pookie look more like each other, every day! Except pookie wears it better!

That is a wonderful fish Belinda is showing off...you should take her more often, since she always catches the biggest fish! Keep in mind, she looks way better than you, even without the crappie in her hands!

Say, would that special color in the wings happen to be my NM Special, that I have been waiting on? If not, get in gear Senor, as I am approaching a visit your way...

Hey, send me some of those pics, when I went livescope fishing the first time...dude I need to write that story, so Ken will want to purchase a Livescope!

Tell Belinda, I said hello, and give pookie an extra biscuit for me...oh yea, tell hickory nut, I been wanting some homemade ice cream...

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide