B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Originally Posted by Chasin Hogs
Why is everyone leaving flw? Please in the shortest answer possible..

Everyone isn't leaving, only a few are...

Short as it gets

What you mean? FLW no longer exists, by default that means everyone is leaving and already has left. What now matters is what tournaments are each individual angler going to fish in 2020. I am sure sponsors are asking the same question because exposure of their brands depend on what circuit the angler will be fishing.

On a side note, a few means 3-4 - there is far more former FLW pro anglers that have already announced they are not returning to whatever the old FLW LCC becomes when it’s resurrected under the new ownership of MLF.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369359 12/11/19 08:50 PM
D
DAN-O Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
[Linked Image]

Instead of bashing a man and organizations behind their back on websites in anonymous names, come ask them in person. Here is an opportunity to ask some questions at a booth in the hallway. MLF was set up from the get go for some to get dropped out and others to enter in to replace them by having top finishes in other organizations.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369362 12/11/19 08:54 PM
D
DAN-O Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
[Linked Image]

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369379 12/11/19 09:04 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by Dubee

I have a question for big o/seminole. Over the last 20yrs, how many BASS guys announced they were staying with BASS before the start of each season. How many FLW guys announced they were staying with FLW. I would only expect an announcement if moving leagues. So why would someone who was with FLW announce they are staying.

Well, I thought it was obvious, but for those such as yourself who don’t seem to see the obvious, I will explain.

1.) Although none of it has been publicly substantiated, It’s been repeatedly cited with authoritative command by those who expect to be given credibility, that FLW LLC was insolvent, on the verge of filing for bankruptcy, and ceased to exist upon closing of the rescue buyout from MLF. FLW LLC of old does not exist anymore, so no one is “staying” with a now defunct and closed entity. All contracts, commitments, and obligations to anglers whom were part of any FLW LLC tournaments became null and void and that’s the reason why MLF was not responsible to, or expected to honor outstanding commitments to anglers whom fished under the old FLW LLC tournament structure and award system. That’s if what’s being reported and recited by many can be believed.

2.) What remains of that now (Purportedly) defunct entity of FLW LLC is only assets, and those assets are going to be resurrected and restructured into something different than what it once was known as; reportedly It’s now only a qualifying tournament league for BPT, not an independent Pro league as before. That’s if what’s being reported and recited by many can be believed.

3.) Under the above circumstances, anyone who is signing up to fish the MLFLW (yet unnamed?) league is signing up, and committing to fish in a newly formed circuit/league with different rules, etc... That’s if what’s being reported and recited by many can be believed.

Again, if what has been recited and repeated by many, often times with authoritative command when in defense of MLF, is to be believed, then any angler would naturally be thought of in a state of flux until they publicly announce they are going in one direction or another. I would also surmise that even the sponsors of those unannounced anglers would be interested in what they planned to do so they can also make informed decisions for 2020 and their brands exposure.

Does that clarify what I was thinking all along was the obvious?

It's still the same league to me. Just new owners. Just like everytime BASS got sold. No one had an announcement to say they were staying with BASS.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: bbassfishes] #13369400 12/11/19 09:18 PM
C
Chasin Hogs Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by bbassfishes

Because a lot of them got messed over when they cancelled the FLW Cup. That was minimum $10K that they qualified for legitimately and got pulled out from under them. Some have other reasons, but the other side is they don't have a desire to be put in a second tier feeder system for a series they don't care to fish. These guys were pros before, and now are considered minor league.

It would be like promising you a bonus at your job of $10k for hitting goals. Then the company get's bought out and says too bad so sad, and also demotes you. You gonna stick around for that?

Thanks man. And thank you Mark for the reply. thumb

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Dubee] #13369403 12/11/19 09:20 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B

I have a question for big o/seminole. Over the last 20yrs, how many BASS guys announced they were staying with BASS before the start of each season. How many FLW guys announced they were staying with FLW. I would only expect an announcement if moving leagues. So why would someone who was with FLW announce they are staying.

Well, I thought it was obvious, but for those such as yourself who don’t seem to see the obvious, I will explain.

1.) Although none of it has been publicly substantiated, It’s been repeatedly cited with authoritative command by those who expect to be given credibility, that FLW LLC was insolvent, on the verge of filing for bankruptcy, and ceased to exist upon closing of the rescue buyout from MLF. FLW LLC of old does not exist anymore, so no one is “staying” with a now defunct and closed entity. All contracts, commitments, and obligations to anglers whom were part of any FLW LLC tournaments became null and void and that’s the reason why MLF was not responsible to, or expected to honor outstanding commitments to anglers whom fished under the old FLW LLC tournament structure and award system. That’s if what’s being reported and recited by many can be believed.

2.) What remains of that now (Purportedly) defunct entity of FLW LLC is only assets, and those assets are going to be resurrected and restructured into something different than what it once was known as; reportedly It’s now only a qualifying tournament league for BPT, not an independent Pro league as before. That’s if what’s being reported and recited by many can be believed.

3.) Under the above circumstances, anyone who is signing up to fish the MLFLW (yet unnamed?) league is signing up, and committing to fish in a newly formed circuit/league with different rules, etc... That’s if what’s being reported and recited by many can be believed.

Again, if what has been recited and repeated by many, often times with authoritative command when in defense of MLF, is to be believed, then any angler would naturally be thought of in a state of flux until they publicly announce they are going in one direction or another. I would also surmise that even the sponsors of those unannounced anglers would be interested in what they planned to do so they can also make informed decisions for 2020 and their brands exposure.

Does that clarify what I was thinking all along was the obvious?

It's still the same league to me. Just new owners. Just like everytime BASS got sold. No one had an announcement to say they were staying with BASS.

When BASS ownership changed hands nothing but ownership of the operation changed - all operations continued as planned and scheduled.

In this case FLW LLC has purportedly ceased to exist. Albeit, someone at MLF has been asleep at the switch, or didn’t get the memo, and continued doing business in that name. Case in point, the announcement that came out surrounding the bass federation league and its continued partnership with and honoring the promised awards to the 2019 winner of the live the dream package. Too bad the same standards aren’t being applied to the most current situation where there are multiple former FLW LLC anglers being screwed out of a minimum $10k and the potential to win as much as $300k. - I could be wrong, but I suspect that event and it’s payout awards was pulled to pay the fee Kroenke commanded for signing the closing papers in the rescue buyout of FLW LLC by MLF. That’s just a guess on my part, but would be interested in hearing the other theories out there.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369413 12/11/19 09:28 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

Short as it gets

What you mean? FLW no longer exists, by default that means everyone is leaving and already has left. What now matters is what tournaments are each individual angler going to fish in 2020. I am sure sponsors are asking the same question because exposure of their brands depend on what circuit the angler will be fishing.

On a side note, a few means 3-4 - there is far more former FLW pro anglers that have already announced they are not returning to whatever the old FLW LCC becomes when it’s resurrected under the new ownership of MLF.

There aren't very many sponsors who don't know where their anglers are fishing in December FYI. All I can tell you Seminole is to be patient and take deep breaths. You're going to see a bunch of updates in the coming days/weeks and it's likely going to trigger you. As I've said since day one, the sky isn't falling and ALL the leagues are going to be okay. As has been mentioned in this very thread, it's never been a better time to be a professional angler.

Can't wait until they start fishing so we can all be fans again.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Mark Jones] #13369423 12/11/19 09:35 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B

Short as it gets

There aren't very many sponsors who don't know where their anglers are fishing in December FYI. All I can tell you Seminole is to be patient and take deep breaths. You're going to see a bunch of updates in the coming days/weeks and it's likely going to trigger you. As I've said since day one, the sky isn't falling and ALL the leagues are going to be okay. As has been mentioned in this very thread, it's never been a better time to be a professional angler.

If the sponsors know, how come the fans of those anglers aren’t being told by some form of an announcement? I am thinking fans may also want to know what sponsors are supporting anglers to move into the new farm league system so they can decide who to remain loyal to. Am I wrong in thinking it’s important for the anglers to give their fans a indication of what direction they are moving and who is supporting them to go in that direction?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369426 12/11/19 09:38 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Big O Florida is making me do something I never thought I do; defend MLF.

Hate the format, hate how they attacked BASS, and dislike Boyd Duckett. But damn bud you are on a crusade but with no clear goal in sight. They bought FLW in the open market. It was inferior to BASS and BPT so why keep it the same? I’ve rarely seen any business acquisition where the acquiring company didn’t make changes. You’re wrong about BASS; every time they have sold there has been changes. Some of those are what led to the older anglers unhappiness and ultimately MLF.

And who cares if the anglers aren’t getting everything they were promised right out of the gate. It was their choice to fish it and they should’ve been smart enough to realize Rome wasn’t built in a day. Every pro sport has issues between management and players so why should fishing be different?

You seem to be a former FLW/Costa guy or small time fishing product owner that really has his feelings hurt. But word of advice, save your breath. No one has ever been convinced to change their minds on this forum and you don’t have the communication skills or tact to be the first.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369444 12/11/19 09:47 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Short as it gets

If the sponsors know, how come the fans of those anglers aren’t being told by some form of an announcement? I am thinking fans may also want to know what sponsors are supporting anglers to move into the new farm league system so they can decide who to remain loyal to. Am I wrong in thinking it’s important for the anglers to give their fans a indication of what direction they are moving and who is supporting them to go in that direction?

Yes you would be wrong. The anglers don't owe you any explanation on what they are doing. They will tell you though when they are ready to make it public.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: TxBazzn] #13369462 12/11/19 09:58 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by TxBazzn
Big O Florida is making me do something I never thought I do; defend MLF.

Hate the format, hate how they attacked BASS, and dislike Boyd Duckett. But damn bud you are on a crusade but with no clear goal in sight. They bought FLW in the open market. It was inferior to BASS and BPT so why keep it the same? I’ve rarely seen any business acquisition where the acquiring company didn’t make changes. You’re wrong about BASS; every time they have sold there has been changes. Some of those are what led to the older anglers unhappiness and ultimately MLF.

And who cares if the anglers aren’t getting everything they were promised right out of the gate. It was their choice to fish it and they should’ve been smart enough to realize Rome wasn’t built in a day. Every pro sport has issues between management and players so why should fishing be different?

You seem to be a former FLW/Costa guy or small time fishing product owner that really has his feelings hurt. But word of advice, save your breath. No one has ever been convinced to change their minds on this forum and you don’t have the communication skills or tact to be the first.

Legendary post. I need to keep reading that last sentence over and over and stop posting... bang

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369475 12/11/19 10:10 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
I’m not sure many of the anglers would agree that it’s a great time at all. You have guys basically having to start their careers over, trying to get into a new league. You have increased entry fees into the FLW. Sponsors being yanked every direction possible. You have guys stuck in the BPT that cannot get out without being penalized and then you have guys mad because they weren’t asked to fish the BPT.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369479 12/11/19 10:13 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Short as it gets

Sometimes, entities like to control the message and announce things on their timeline. That’s how these things work. They’re under no obligation to announce things on your timeline or the fans’ timeline.

And if fans want to know what sponsors are “supporting anglers to move into the new farm league system so they can decide who to remain loyal to,” that’s not how loyalty or fandom works.

Are you loyal to the angler or the brand?

[Linked Image]
Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369481 12/11/19 10:14 PM
S
sprigsss Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
I follow Anglers because of their fishing styles and their personalities. I don't care who sponsors them.

I also don't care what league they choose to fish, I'm a fan of the fishermen.

I don't want to see MLF fail, it is the reason why I hope they eventually change the format.

I wish they wouldn't have taken the country's best fishermen and put them in the dink league, but they had no chance of surviving using this format without superstars.

At the end of the day if more fishermen can make a living fishing professionally, I'm happy for those guys.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: sprigsss] #13369515 12/11/19 10:36 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by sprigsss
I follow Anglers because of their fishing styles and their personalities. I don't care who sponsors them.

I also don't care what league they choose to fish, I'm a fan of the fishermen.

I don't want to see MLF fail, it is the reason why I hope they eventually change the format.

I wish they wouldn't have taken the country's best fishermen and put them in the dink league, but they had no chance of surviving using this format without superstars.

At the end of the day if more fishermen can make a living fishing professionally, I'm happy for those guys.

Exactly. I’m not loyal to Michael Jordan because he signed with Nike.

[Linked Image]
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide