Texas Fishing Forum

Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE

Posted By: Big O Florida

Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 03:59 AM

At this rate, there won’t be any 2019 top 10 anglers left in the FLW pro tour. This one has fished FLW his whole career, so what would make someone want to walk away from something he devoted all of his time to? All is not well at MLFLW - so don’t let others with a protective agenda misdirect you Into looking at their distractive shiny objects. Lots more bad news for MLF will be coming out in the days to come. The flood gates are starting to open now.

See> https://youtu.be/MjxnmuDSIXY <
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 04:10 AM

Big O, you obviously have an ax to grind. How about you tell us who you are and what you want to accomplish.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by leethefishking
Big O, you obviously have an ax to grind. How about you tell us who you are and what you want to accomplish.

Valid comment, this is much deeper than just not liking the format or owner. popcorn
Posted By: Walls

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Big O Florida
At this rate, there won’t be any 2019 top 10 anglers left in the FLW pro tour. This one has fished FLW his whole career, so what would make someone want to walk away from something he devoted all of his time to?

You do realize that same situation X a TON happened just last year from the exact organization that you’re championing, right? You do realize the irony in your post, right?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by 5X3Phoenix
At this rate, there won’t be any 2019 top 10 anglers left in the FLW pro tour. This one has fished FLW his whole career, so what would make someone want to walk away from something he devoted all of his time to?

You do realize that same situation X a TON happened just last year from the exact organization that you’re championing, right? You do realize the irony in your post, right?

Those guys got sold a bill of goods and many of them are just now coming to realize it. They all got distracted by that shiny object that was being waived around in a feeding frenzy and fell for the bait, hook, line, and sinker... that’s the irony of it all... get it, fisherman, hook, line, sinker? lol

The smart ones paid $50k to get out from under that mistake, the others were not quick enough to move, even those with legends chip that could be used, so now they be stuck for at least another year. So, yeah, I see the irony... so do all those who could qualify for BPT that are choosing a new path that won’t allow them to qualify for the BPT. Miserable times ahead for those locked into having to put on the dink show.
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 04:43 AM

You didnot answer the question. What's your beef with MLF? Did they personally wrong you in some way? You are trying to defend grown men who made a choice. I personally like both formats.
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 04:46 AM

BigO obviously has an agenda. He just joined 5 days ago and every post is negative to MLF.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by 5X3Phoenix

touché roflmao
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 05:19 AM

You will be ok Big O, martians are going to buy Bass Pro Shops and fire Johnny Morris
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by DBGSIG
BigO obviously has an agenda. He just joined 5 days ago and every post is negative to MLF.

He joined bbc at the same time. He already got banned on there
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 11:16 AM

popcorn hammer
Posted By: buda13

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 11:39 AM

The old FLW is going to be the “feeder” trail for BPT/MLF. It’s now the equivalent of AAA baseball club. No surprise some of the best from that trail are looking elsewhere. Nobody wants to go from the bigs to the minors. No news here, just another attempt to keep everyone stirred up. MLF announced they would be establishing feeder trails from the very beginning of the BPT that would provide a clear path to earn your way to the big show. If that’s not want an angler wants then they can go to BASS. What a great time to be a professional angler and have not only choice of trail but also choice of format.

Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by buda13
The old FLW is going to be the “feeder” trail for BPT/MLF. It’s now the equivalent of AAA baseball club. No surprise some of the best from that trail are looking elsewhere. Nobody wants to go from the bigs to the minors. No news here, just another attempt to keep everyone stirred up. MLF announced they would be establishing feeder trails from the very beginning of the BPT that would provide a clear path to earn your way to the big show. If that’s not want an angler wants then they can go to BASS. What a great time to be a professional angler and have not only choice of trail but also choice of format.

This ^
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 12:00 PM

I can't stand mlf but that buy out was going to be tough to please anyone much less everyone. BASS dang near bought them and they likely won by not buying flw. Mlf did not buy flw to keep a separate equally competitive field with a format that they say is going away.

I also agree that mlf is run by a bunch of crooks and it won't make it. After just one year and the amount of shake up makes it a bit obvious. But time will tell.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Used2fish
I can't stand mlf but that buy out was going to be tough to please anyone much less everyone. BASS dang near bought them and they likely won by not buying flw. Mlf did not buy flw to keep a separate equally competitive field with a format that they say is going away.

I also agree that mlf is run by a bunch of crooks and it won't make it. After just one year and the amount of shake up makes it a bit obvious. But time will tell.

Just because you don’t like them doesn’t make them crooks. Good business is not criminal just because the outcome doesn’t suit or is not fair to all individuals caught up in the process. Two guys left MLF. How is that a major shakeup at this point. Anglers not wanting to be on a feeder tour I get. To me everything going on is pretty normal at this point. There is probably going to be a lot of movement in the next couple of years until it all settles out.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 01:33 PM

Sounds like somebody never got an invite to fish the BPT.... roflmao
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
You will be ok Big O, martians are going to buy Bass Pro Shops and fire Johnny Morris

roflmao That was funny.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 01:43 PM

apparently david Dudley and bryan thrift do not share your view of MLF....keep in mind there would be no FLW if MLF had chosen to not save them from bankruptcy....

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 01:47 PM

Do you know the owners of mlf personally? Unless you do, labeling them as a whole as 'crooks' is short sided regardless of how you feel about the formats/organizations.

Fishing is fishing; business is business. Mix the 2 and add in 8-10+ zeros in $$$ and some people are not going to agree. The thin skinned ones will weed themselves out or go find another sandbox to play in that suits their needs.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by beartrap
apparently david Dudley and bryan thrift do not share your view of MLF....keep in mind there would be no FLW if MLF had chosen to not save them from bankruptcy....

David tried to sue BASS because he failed multiple lie detector test, you think he’d go back to a league that DQ’d him and he tried to sue. popcorn

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

David tried to sue BASS because he failed multiple lie detector test, you think he’d go back to a league that DQ’d him and he tried to sue. popcorn

Call me twisted but that kind of background always interests me. In times such as this the back story that answers the "WHY" usually begins to surface with individuals.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker

Do you know the owners of mlf personally? Unless you do, labeling them as a whole as 'crooks' is short sided regardless of how you feel about the formats/organizations.

Fishing is fishing; business is business. Mix the 2 and add in 8-10+ zeros in $$$ and some people are not going to agree. The thin skinned ones will weed themselves out or go find another sandbox to play in that suits their needs.

Well that's my opinion. Sorry if you're offended.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 02:01 PM

What about wheeler and his dq with MLF. He doesn't seem to mind
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 02:03 PM

I think the agenda is to promote his youtube channel. That's what his post are about "watch my channel"

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker

Well that's my opinion. Sorry if you're offended.

No offense taken sir. I don't have a dog in the fight. I do take exception to people loosely throwing around labels on people of business, athletes, or anyone they make a snap judgement on and suddenly they are a villian without substantiating it. If you know they are 'crooks' as you say then enlightedn the rest of us as to why.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 02:10 PM

Just ban the guy and I'd love for one of the mods to do an IP address search on him. He went from posting some info some may have thought interesting since the masses tend to pay more attention to the negative to just flat out having an obvious agenda. If BBC banned him then the TFF should as well.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 02:11 PM

That’s interesting. I didn’t know FLW was in process to filing for bankruptcy. Where can someone read about FLW’s financial insolvency so they can be better informed? I would really like to see something written in a business publication that is in support of your claim. Please provide a link.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 02:19 PM

What about wheeler and his dq with MLF. He doesn't seem to mind

Wheeler was dq in an mlf event?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 02:27 PM

That’s interesting. I didn’t know FLW was in process to filing for bankruptcy. Where can someone read about FLW’s financial insolvency so they can be better informed? I would really like to see something written in a business publication that is in support of your claim. Please provide a link.

http://www.startribune.com/son-says-irwin-jacobs-left-more-than-110-million-in-debts/560728042/
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 02:35 PM

OK you have done your self appointed job of teaching us everything about FLW. Why don't you let it go now. no one really cares its big business. You can file fraud charges against them if you really have proof of all their criminal activity. I guess if its not criminal then it's really not a big deal.
Posted By: Burgerboy

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 02:36 PM

There is pretty strong legitimate rumors that Wheeler failed a lie detector multiple times, but to preserve him and the organization, they handled it in house and he did not get paid nor ruined. Typical shady business dealings. Certainly makes you question the integrity of the league and the no information rules etc.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G
Just ban the guy and I'd love for one of the mods to do an IP address search on him. He went from posting some info some may have thought interesting since the masses tend to pay more attention to the negative to just flat out having an obvious agenda. If BBC banned him then the TFF should as well.

Not sure who you’re talking about on that BBC, but I thought that had already been covered in a previous post that I haven’t participated on that BBC and frankly didn’t even know what it was until someone concocted a weird story like they were some type of a cyber sleuth and told me what it was. When I had a look at the site for the first time it seemed the most prevalent topics were football, coffee, and all other sorts of non-fishing topics, Christmas tree lights... so not sure why fishing enthusiasts would even be on it. The bass boat forums name represents were not even active and hadn’t been for some time. If someone got banned on that site because they were being accused of being me on this site, that kinda shows how weak minded and technically inept those who run it are, but that’s not my problem.
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 02:44 PM

I MOSTLY agree with you, but you are being a super hypocrite by asking for sources and not giving answers to the people on this forum. They want the source of your concern and you are ignoring all of them, but when something interests you, you are all over it for answers. Not a cool way to be in this community.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Burgerboy
There is pretty strong legitimate rumors that Wheeler failed a lie detector multiple times, but to preserve him and the organization, they handled it in house and he did not get paid nor ruined. Typical shady business dealings. Certainly makes you question the integrity of the league and the no information rules etc.

Wow
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 02:54 PM

Not sure who you’re talking about on that BBC, but I thought that had already been covered in a previous post that I haven’t participated on that BBC and frankly didn’t even know what it was until someone concocted a weird story like they were some type of a cyber sleuth and told me what it was. When I had a look at the site for the first time it seemed the most prevalent topics were football, coffee, and all other sorts of non-fishing topics, Christmas tree lights... so not sure why fishing enthusiasts would even be on it. The bass boat forums name represents were not even active and hadn’t been for some time. If someone got banned on that site because they were being accused of being me on this site, that kinda shows how weak minded and technically inept those who run it are, but that’s not my problem.

Yes, just to be clear here. There was a guy named Siminole Wind on BBC, who listed his location as "Big O Florida." That person joined that forum and this forum at exactly the same time. They also have been relentlessly sharing the same information in the same style about the same topics on both forums. That person however is absolutely not Big O Florida on this site though, because he's a bass fishing insider who has never even heard of BBC. Glad we've all got that straight. just a giant coincidence, just like those 3 instagram girls who all caught the same bass on the same day a few weeks ago. Now everyone go buy a mega millions ticket, it's up to 340 million!

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix

OK you have done your self appointed job of teaching us everything about FLW. Why don't you let it go now. no one really cares its big business. You can file fraud charges against them if you really have proof of all their criminal activity. I guess if its not criminal then it's really not a big deal.

Not sure where you are coming from. The poster I replied to made an authoritative claim that I would have to presume had some validity, or it wouldn’t have been made in the first place. Typically a large business that is owned and operated by a well known and wealthy family, there would be some sort of reporting that they were insolvent and on verge of filing for bankruptcy, so asking for the person who made that claim to provide something to support his claim should not be that difficult. I personally had not heard that FLW was on verge of bankruptcy so that type of statement peaked my curiosity.

What’s interesting is I did do a little research of my own since that’s the kind of thing that should be easily substantiated and found something from as recent as last September that tells a different story from someone who would know - one of Irwin Jacobs children that just so happens to also be involved in running the businesses left behind after Jacobs death. Contrary to what the poster I replied to states, the Jacobs family businesses were reported as being strong, and the article I read made a point of saying that and including the tournament fishing business. Don’t take my word for it though, just read:

http://www.startribune.com/son-says...ife-then-himself/509017952/?refresh=true

A lot of people on the internet, and real life will make some wild but unsupported claims if will make their stance look better. I am thinking this might be one of those kind of things.
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 03:11 PM

At this rate, there won’t be any 2019 top 10 anglers left in the FLW pro tour. This one has fished FLW his whole career, so what would make someone want to walk away from something he devoted all of his time to? All is not well at MLFLW - so don’t let others with a protective agenda misdirect you Into looking at their distractive shiny objects. Lots more bad news for MLF will be coming out in the days to come. The flood gates are starting to open now.

See> https://youtu.be/MjxnmuDSIXY <

Scott Martin out right?
Posted By: Walls

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 03:23 PM

Way too many facts in this post. Too accurate and coherent for this kind of discussion.

roflmao

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by jackmason

Scott Martin out right?

Yes, that native from Big O made his announcement early; if I’m not mistaken, it was earlier than everyone. He is reportedly fishing the opens next year since he didn’t have any type of exception available to him that would allow him to get into elite series.

Scott is on the leading edge for demonstrating the model of how anglers should be doing business for themselves. Granted, he is more privileged than most to have come from a family that is arguably one of the legends in the industry. So getting his start and attracting the sponsorship $ wasn’t as difficult to him as it may be for others. I suspect he could not fish any circuit and still be a leader for the business model anglers should be employing.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 03:30 PM

They are rumors. What exactly makes them legitimate rumors?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue

Yes, just to be clear here. There was a guy named Siminole Wind on BBC, who listed his location as "Big O Florida." That person joined that forum and this forum at exactly the same time. They also have been relentlessly sharing the same information in the same style about the same topics on both forums. That person however is absolutely not Big O Florida on this site though, because he's a bass fishing insider who has never even heard of BBC. Glad we've all got that straight. just a giant coincidence, just like those 3 instagram girls who all caught the same bass on the same day a few weeks ago. Now everyone go buy a mega millions ticket, it's up to 340 million!

Ticket purchased. roflmao

Seminole Wind is strong with this one...

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee

Probably nothing more than the rumor people are reciting like a worn out talking point that FLW was broke and was being saved by the MLF purchase.

Speaking of things that are not rumors - Let’s not spread any and just come out and list how many, and who the anglers are that have come out and publicly announced they are going to fish the FLW tour trail for 2020? Almost all of them have a social media presence, or at least they should have if giving their sponsors exposure is a priority to them. I could only find one... outside of John Cox who announced he was going to do both FLW and the Opens, where Open tournaments will take priority over FLW when conflict dates occur.

Surely those of you who are bothered by the negative announcements have some positive news to counter all the negative coming out; right?
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 04:03 PM

Do you also support impeaching a President because you don't like him?

Are we not allowed to have differing opinions?

Has he posted anything that was factually incorrect?
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 04:28 PM

I dont get why this keeps coming back up? If you arent fishing the events, then how are you impacted? And if you were fishing the events, then this is what happens when the business you "work for" sales. MLF, BASS, FLW, are all businesses, not charities. Scott Martin Fishing, Brandon Palanuik Fishing, etc are all businesses, but they were never employed by FLW, MLF, Etc. Jane Doe in Accounting, John Smith in registration, those people were employed by FLW, and I have yet to see the video of them come out and talking about their dissatisfaction with the sale/purchase or how they are moving to a new organization.

These fisherman are contractors, they are not even employees. When you think about other "professional" sports can you point to any where the majority of the pay is based on results only? Hell, thats more gambling than even being a contractor.

Just because this situation may not have occurred before to this industries, it has occurred before in most other industries and life still went on.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by sprigsss

Yes he has posted something that is factually incorrect.
He said he had never heard of bbc and didn't post on there.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 04:40 PM

Probably nothing more than the rumor people are reciting like a worn out talking point that FLW was broke and was being saved by the MLF purchase.

Speaking of things that are not rumors - Let’s not spread any and just come out and list how many, and who the anglers are that have come out and publicly announced they are going to fish the FLW tour trail for 2020? Almost all of them have a social media presence, or at least they should have if giving their sponsors exposure is a priority to them. I could only find one... outside of John Cox who announced he was going to do both FLW and the Opens, where Open tournaments will take priority over FLW when conflict dates occur.

Surely those of you who are bothered by the negative announcements have some positive news to counter all the negative coming out; right?

You're clearly not going to disclose who you are and what your agenda is, as you've been asked repeatedly. You've also had almost every person who's replied to you acknowledge that what you're "reporting" here since you've joined isn't really breaking news to any of us.

So tell us Seminole Wind, how is this all exactly going to do down? Hit us with your prognostications and we'll all note them and you can come back here at some point and proclaim yourself Chief...
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 04:41 PM

I wish I could get fish to bite as readily as "Big O' has gotten all of you to bite....

troll

Spring can not come too soon...

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 04:50 PM

are you related to grout-scout?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Jones

You're clearly not going to disclose who you are and what your agenda is, as you've been asked repeatedly. You've also had almost every person who's replied to you acknowledge that what you're "reporting" here since you've joined isn't really breaking news to any of us.

So tell us Seminole Wind, how is this all exactly going to do down? Hit us with your prognostications and we'll all note them and you can come back here at some point and proclaim yourself Chief...

Are you still trying to wave around some unrelated and irrelevant shiny object to distract everyone, Mark? Come on, you surely have access to the information about who has announced they are committing to fishing the FLW Pro tour in 2020. Why can’t you, or anyone for that matter inject some positive news from any prominent angler?

What do you think is being accomplished by waving around the shiny objects to distract people from what’s being openly and regularly reported?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 05:03 PM

beartrap - hows the search going for something that supports your authoritative claim FLW was saved from bankruptcy?

I am sure there are others on here that would love to see something that substantiates that your claim was something based on fact and with solid foundation. It would allow them to get rid of all the shiny objects they are waving around.

Come on now, surely you had some basis for making that claim, otherwise you would not have made it, right?
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 05:11 PM

I just cant believe there is someone that cares as much about this as Mark Jones, I have been ignoring him and his clear agenda since I read his first post long ago, but this Big O guy seems to really enjoy banter with Mark.

I do wish Big O would say who he is if hes just a normal Joe maybe hes the guy I need to know!?

I would really like to take a trip to the Big O in Florida but its a bit over whelming to know where to start, fishermen on the Florida forums are pretty tight lipped. When I call the rv parks down there they act like they are going to be full for sure and try and pressure me into a deposit etc. Its not nearly as simple seeming as a trip to Lake Falcon in Jan Feb Mar. Falcon only has 3 ramps its easy to decide where to go.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 05:18 PM

Oh no sir, he’s way too smart to be related to someone in my family.

But interestingly enough, did Boyd give you your allowance this week for being a good son Fletcher? popcorn

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
I just cant believe there is someone that cares as much about this as Mark Jones, I have been ignoring him and his clear agenda since I read his first post long ago, but this Big O guy seems to really enjoy banter with Mark.

Lol and here I was thinking I could count on you for support... slinger

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 06:01 PM

Are you still trying to wave around some unrelated and irrelevant shiny object to distract everyone, Mark? Come on, you surely have access to the information about who has announced they are committing to fishing the FLW Pro tour in 2020. Why can’t you, or anyone for that matter inject some positive news from any prominent angler?

What do you think is being accomplished by waving around the shiny objects to distract people from what’s being openly and regularly reported?

I have a question for big o/seminole. Over the last 20yrs, how many BASS guys announced they were staying with BASS before the start of each season. How many FLW guys announced they were staying with FLW. I would only expect an announcement if moving leagues. So why would someone who was with FLW announce they are staying.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 07:00 PM

Why is everyone leaving flw? Please in the shortest answer possible..

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Chasin Hogs

Because a lot of them got messed over when they cancelled the FLW Cup. That was minimum $10K that they qualified for legitimately and got pulled out from under them. Some have other reasons, but the other side is they don't have a desire to be put in a second tier feeder system for a series they don't care to fish. These guys were pros before, and now are considered minor league.

It would be like promising you a bonus at your job of $10k for hitting goals. Then the company get's bought out and says too bad so sad, and also demotes you. You gonna stick around for that?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 07:39 PM

Everyone isn't leaving, only a few are...

Short as it gets

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 08:23 PM

I have a question for big o/seminole. Over the last 20yrs, how many BASS guys announced they were staying with BASS before the start of each season. How many FLW guys announced they were staying with FLW. I would only expect an announcement if moving leagues. So why would someone who was with FLW announce they are staying.

Well, I thought it was obvious, but for those such as yourself who don’t seem to see the obvious, I will explain.

1.) Although none of it has been publicly substantiated, It’s been repeatedly cited with authoritative command by those who expect to be given credibility, that FLW LLC was insolvent, on the verge of filing for bankruptcy, and ceased to exist upon closing of the rescue buyout from MLF. FLW LLC of old does not exist anymore, so no one is “staying” with a now defunct and closed entity. All contracts, commitments, and obligations to anglers whom were part of any FLW LLC tournaments became null and void and that’s the reason why MLF was not responsible to, or expected to honor outstanding commitments to anglers whom fished under the old FLW LLC tournament structure and award system. That’s if what’s being reported and recited by many can be believed.

2.) What remains of that now (Purportedly) defunct entity of FLW LLC is only assets, and those assets are going to be resurrected and restructured into something different than what it once was known as; reportedly It’s now only a qualifying tournament league for BPT, not an independent Pro league as before. That’s if what’s being reported and recited by many can be believed.

3.) Under the above circumstances, anyone who is signing up to fish the MLFLW (yet unnamed?) league is signing up, and committing to fish in a newly formed circuit/league with different rules, etc... That’s if what’s being reported and recited by many can be believed.

Again, if what has been recited and repeated by many, often times with authoritative command when in defense of MLF, is to be believed, then any angler would naturally be thought of in a state of flux until they publicly announce they are going in one direction or another. I would also surmise that even the sponsors of those unannounced anglers would be interested in what they planned to do so they can also make informed decisions for 2020 and their brands exposure.

Does that clarify what I was thinking all along was the obvious?
Posted By: SC 210

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 08:26 PM

I guess this is what happens when you get paid individuals on each side. I think there's something wrong with me for enjoying the back and forth.
Posted By: criglizard

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 08:27 PM

The amount of absolute [censored] being thrown around by both "sides" of this argument is unbelievable.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 08:30 PM

Short as it gets

What you mean? FLW no longer exists, by default that means everyone is leaving and already has left. What now matters is what tournaments are each individual angler going to fish in 2020. I am sure sponsors are asking the same question because exposure of their brands depend on what circuit the angler will be fishing.

On a side note, a few means 3-4 - there is far more former FLW pro anglers that have already announced they are not returning to whatever the old FLW LCC becomes when it’s resurrected under the new ownership of MLF.
Posted By: DAN-O

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 08:50 PM

[Linked Image]

Instead of bashing a man and organizations behind their back on websites in anonymous names, come ask them in person. Here is an opportunity to ask some questions at a booth in the hallway. MLF was set up from the get go for some to get dropped out and others to enter in to replace them by having top finishes in other organizations.
Posted By: DAN-O

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 08:54 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 09:04 PM

Well, I thought it was obvious, but for those such as yourself who don’t seem to see the obvious, I will explain.

1.) Although none of it has been publicly substantiated, It’s been repeatedly cited with authoritative command by those who expect to be given credibility, that FLW LLC was insolvent, on the verge of filing for bankruptcy, and ceased to exist upon closing of the rescue buyout from MLF. FLW LLC of old does not exist anymore, so no one is “staying” with a now defunct and closed entity. All contracts, commitments, and obligations to anglers whom were part of any FLW LLC tournaments became null and void and that’s the reason why MLF was not responsible to, or expected to honor outstanding commitments to anglers whom fished under the old FLW LLC tournament structure and award system. That’s if what’s being reported and recited by many can be believed.

2.) What remains of that now (Purportedly) defunct entity of FLW LLC is only assets, and those assets are going to be resurrected and restructured into something different than what it once was known as; reportedly It’s now only a qualifying tournament league for BPT, not an independent Pro league as before. That’s if what’s being reported and recited by many can be believed.

3.) Under the above circumstances, anyone who is signing up to fish the MLFLW (yet unnamed?) league is signing up, and committing to fish in a newly formed circuit/league with different rules, etc... That’s if what’s being reported and recited by many can be believed.

Again, if what has been recited and repeated by many, often times with authoritative command when in defense of MLF, is to be believed, then any angler would naturally be thought of in a state of flux until they publicly announce they are going in one direction or another. I would also surmise that even the sponsors of those unannounced anglers would be interested in what they planned to do so they can also make informed decisions for 2020 and their brands exposure.

It's still the same league to me. Just new owners. Just like everytime BASS got sold. No one had an announcement to say they were staying with BASS.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by bbassfishes

Because a lot of them got messed over when they cancelled the FLW Cup. That was minimum $10K that they qualified for legitimately and got pulled out from under them. Some have other reasons, but the other side is they don't have a desire to be put in a second tier feeder system for a series they don't care to fish. These guys were pros before, and now are considered minor league.

It would be like promising you a bonus at your job of $10k for hitting goals. Then the company get's bought out and says too bad so sad, and also demotes you. You gonna stick around for that?

Thanks man. And thank you Mark for the reply. thumb

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 09:20 PM

It's still the same league to me. Just new owners. Just like everytime BASS got sold. No one had an announcement to say they were staying with BASS.

When BASS ownership changed hands nothing but ownership of the operation changed - all operations continued as planned and scheduled.

In this case FLW LLC has purportedly ceased to exist. Albeit, someone at MLF has been asleep at the switch, or didn’t get the memo, and continued doing business in that name. Case in point, the announcement that came out surrounding the bass federation league and its continued partnership with and honoring the promised awards to the 2019 winner of the live the dream package. Too bad the same standards aren’t being applied to the most current situation where there are multiple former FLW LLC anglers being screwed out of a minimum $10k and the potential to win as much as $300k. - I could be wrong, but I suspect that event and it’s payout awards was pulled to pay the fee Kroenke commanded for signing the closing papers in the rescue buyout of FLW LLC by MLF. That’s just a guess on my part, but would be interested in hearing the other theories out there.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 09:28 PM

Short as it gets

What you mean? FLW no longer exists, by default that means everyone is leaving and already has left. What now matters is what tournaments are each individual angler going to fish in 2020. I am sure sponsors are asking the same question because exposure of their brands depend on what circuit the angler will be fishing.

On a side note, a few means 3-4 - there is far more former FLW pro anglers that have already announced they are not returning to whatever the old FLW LCC becomes when it’s resurrected under the new ownership of MLF.

There aren't very many sponsors who don't know where their anglers are fishing in December FYI. All I can tell you Seminole is to be patient and take deep breaths. You're going to see a bunch of updates in the coming days/weeks and it's likely going to trigger you. As I've said since day one, the sky isn't falling and ALL the leagues are going to be okay. As has been mentioned in this very thread, it's never been a better time to be a professional angler.

Can't wait until they start fishing so we can all be fans again.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 09:35 PM

Short as it gets

There aren't very many sponsors who don't know where their anglers are fishing in December FYI. All I can tell you Seminole is to be patient and take deep breaths. You're going to see a bunch of updates in the coming days/weeks and it's likely going to trigger you. As I've said since day one, the sky isn't falling and ALL the leagues are going to be okay. As has been mentioned in this very thread, it's never been a better time to be a professional angler.

If the sponsors know, how come the fans of those anglers aren’t being told by some form of an announcement? I am thinking fans may also want to know what sponsors are supporting anglers to move into the new farm league system so they can decide who to remain loyal to. Am I wrong in thinking it’s important for the anglers to give their fans a indication of what direction they are moving and who is supporting them to go in that direction?
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 09:38 PM

Big O Florida is making me do something I never thought I do; defend MLF.

Hate the format, hate how they attacked BASS, and dislike Boyd Duckett. But damn bud you are on a crusade but with no clear goal in sight. They bought FLW in the open market. It was inferior to BASS and BPT so why keep it the same? I’ve rarely seen any business acquisition where the acquiring company didn’t make changes. You’re wrong about BASS; every time they have sold there has been changes. Some of those are what led to the older anglers unhappiness and ultimately MLF.

And who cares if the anglers aren’t getting everything they were promised right out of the gate. It was their choice to fish it and they should’ve been smart enough to realize Rome wasn’t built in a day. Every pro sport has issues between management and players so why should fishing be different?

You seem to be a former FLW/Costa guy or small time fishing product owner that really has his feelings hurt. But word of advice, save your breath. No one has ever been convinced to change their minds on this forum and you don’t have the communication skills or tact to be the first.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 09:47 PM

Short as it gets

If the sponsors know, how come the fans of those anglers aren’t being told by some form of an announcement? I am thinking fans may also want to know what sponsors are supporting anglers to move into the new farm league system so they can decide who to remain loyal to. Am I wrong in thinking it’s important for the anglers to give their fans a indication of what direction they are moving and who is supporting them to go in that direction?

Yes you would be wrong. The anglers don't owe you any explanation on what they are doing. They will tell you though when they are ready to make it public.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by TxBazzn

Hate the format, hate how they attacked BASS, and dislike Boyd Duckett. But damn bud you are on a crusade but with no clear goal in sight. They bought FLW in the open market. It was inferior to BASS and BPT so why keep it the same? I’ve rarely seen any business acquisition where the acquiring company didn’t make changes. You’re wrong about BASS; every time they have sold there has been changes. Some of those are what led to the older anglers unhappiness and ultimately MLF.

And who cares if the anglers aren’t getting everything they were promised right out of the gate. It was their choice to fish it and they should’ve been smart enough to realize Rome wasn’t built in a day. Every pro sport has issues between management and players so why should fishing be different?

You seem to be a former FLW/Costa guy or small time fishing product owner that really has his feelings hurt. But word of advice, save your breath. No one has ever been convinced to change their minds on this forum and you don’t have the communication skills or tact to be the first.

Legendary post. I need to keep reading that last sentence over and over and stop posting... bang

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 10:10 PM

I’m not sure many of the anglers would agree that it’s a great time at all. You have guys basically having to start their careers over, trying to get into a new league. You have increased entry fees into the FLW. Sponsors being yanked every direction possible. You have guys stuck in the BPT that cannot get out without being penalized and then you have guys mad because they weren’t asked to fish the BPT.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 10:13 PM

Short as it gets

Sometimes, entities like to control the message and announce things on their timeline. That’s how these things work. They’re under no obligation to announce things on your timeline or the fans’ timeline.

And if fans want to know what sponsors are “supporting anglers to move into the new farm league system so they can decide who to remain loyal to,” that’s not how loyalty or fandom works.

Are you loyal to the angler or the brand?
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 10:14 PM

I follow Anglers because of their fishing styles and their personalities. I don't care who sponsors them.

I also don't care what league they choose to fish, I'm a fan of the fishermen.

I don't want to see MLF fail, it is the reason why I hope they eventually change the format.

I wish they wouldn't have taken the country's best fishermen and put them in the dink league, but they had no chance of surviving using this format without superstars.

At the end of the day if more fishermen can make a living fishing professionally, I'm happy for those guys.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 10:36 PM

I follow Anglers because of their fishing styles and their personalities. I don't care who sponsors them.

I also don't care what league they choose to fish, I'm a fan of the fishermen.

I don't want to see MLF fail, it is the reason why I hope they eventually change the format.

I wish they wouldn't have taken the country's best fishermen and put them in the dink league, but they had no chance of surviving using this format without superstars.

At the end of the day if more fishermen can make a living fishing professionally, I'm happy for those guys.

Exactly. I’m not loyal to Michael Jordan because he signed with Nike.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 10:43 PM

You may be right about changing minds, I would agree but not for the reasons you cite. There seems to be a very high concentration of a collective group think going on here and there are several people within who will recite just about any old thing to further their defense of the indefensible. But yet, they have not once, not once, been able to substantiate or support the baseless claims that they’re using to defend MLF. Despite being challenged to do so. At least when I come on and make a statement or a claim I come prepared and am armed with something to substantiate my claims and in support of my opinions. But I guess for some they would rather argue with hearsay and rumors they picked up somewhere or imagined in their minds only.

Know this, and the signs are all around you if you want to open your eyes and minds. MLF and it’s operations are having some serious issues. These aren’t issues a startup would typically have, but are all too typical and seen before in the world of the majority owner and his other sporting ventures. There is a significant amount of anglers that are contractually prevented from speaking publicly about what’s wrong and they are also prevented by that same contract from removing themselves from the situation they have found themselves in without causing themselves some serious financial harm. Many have privately expressed they were sold a bill of goods, others have expressed same not so privately. The ones fortunate enough to make an early exit were more than clear about that. The fans are sensing this, and more importantly the sponsors are siting up and taking a serious look at the discontent within the angler ranks and that could not be more substantiated when you accept MLF lost the support and major sponsorship backing from what is without argument the most influential and prominent group of businesses in the endemic class of advertisers; and when people see that, all corners of the industry takes notice. Johnny M & Companies is likely to also be a reseller of the vast majority of other endemic sponsors for the fishing industry too, so one can argue all they want about how insignificant that move was, but that’s a head in the sand mentality by anyone who doesn’t recognize its importance.

As Mark stated in a recent post, there will be a lot of information coming out in the days and weeks to come... and if people take it in without peeling back the onion to look for the all to common misrepresentations coming from MLF, they will be expected to believe the same types of unsubstantiated and unsupported things many have been already reciting on here and other places.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 11:04 PM

Nope. My post was in jest. Everyone has he right to their own opinions. This is an open forum to the public...always has been and always will be. The only way to stop the posts from him is to quit replying.
Posted By: RandyD

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 11:21 PM

keep the facts coming in...
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 11:31 PM

Nope. My post was in jest. Everyone has he right to their own opinions. This is an open forum to the public...always has been and always will be. The only way to stop the posts from him is to quit replying.

You aren't out of line Chris. Our unwritten policy is that we are not fond of people signing up accounts solely for the purpose of bashing or stirring up problems. Usually the person has another account and doesn't want to stir the pot under it or they are here solely to promote an agenda.

These discussions have remained relatively civil, so we have let them play out. IMO, a little shake-up will end up being good for the sport.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

You aren't out of line Chris. Our unwritten policy is that we are not fond of people signing up accounts solely for the purpose of bashing or stirring up problems. Usually the person has another account and doesn't want to stir the pot under it or they are here solely to promote an agenda.

These discussions have remained relatively civil, so we have let them play out. IMO, a little shake-up will end up being good for the sport.

Thanks Janitor! When we getting together again?!? Been a long time. We will be out there the whole week between Christmas and New Years.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/11/19 11:52 PM

Thanks Janitor! When we getting together again?!? Been a long time. We will be out there the whole week between Christmas and New Years.

Campfire and cold beer at my house.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/12/19 12:19 AM

Just to state facts, Latimer had 1 year finishing in the Top 10. The 3 previous years on Tour were 96 (2018), 63 (2017) and 47 (2016, rookie). 4 years total on the big tour. Several years before that on the Costa's and BFL's.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/12/19 12:49 AM

You may be right about changing minds, I would agree but not for the reasons you cite. There seems to be a very high concentration of a collective group think going on here and there are several people within who will recite just about any old thing to further their defense of the indefensible. But yet, they have not once, not once, been able to substantiate or support the baseless claims that they’re using to defend MLF. Despite being challenged to do so. At least when I come on and make a statement or a claim I come prepared and am armed with something to substantiate my claims and in support of my opinions. But I guess for some they would rather argue with hearsay and rumors they picked up somewhere or imagined in their minds only.

Know this, and the signs are all around you if you want to open your eyes and minds. MLF and it’s operations are having some serious issues. These aren’t issues a startup would typically have, but are all too typical and seen before in the world of the majority owner and his other sporting ventures. There is a significant amount of anglers that are contractually prevented from speaking publicly about what’s wrong and they are also prevented by that same contract from removing themselves from the situation they have found themselves in without causing themselves some serious financial harm. Many have privately expressed they were sold a bill of goods, others have expressed same not so privately. The ones fortunate enough to make an early exit were more than clear about that. The fans are sensing this, and more importantly the sponsors are siting up and taking a serious look at the discontent within the angler ranks and that could not be more substantiated when you accept MLF lost the support and major sponsorship backing from what is without argument the most influential and prominent group of businesses in the endemic class of advertisers; and when people see that, all corners of the industry takes notice. Johnny M & Companies is likely to also be a reseller of the vast majority of other endemic sponsors for the fishing industry too, so one can argue all they want about how insignificant that move was, but that’s a head in the sand mentality by anyone who doesn’t recognize its importance.

As Mark stated in a recent post, there will be a lot of information coming out in the days and weeks to come... and if people take it in without peeling back the onion to look for the all to common misrepresentations coming from MLF, they will be expected to believe the same types of unsubstantiated and unsupported things many have been already reciting on here and other places.

[/quote]

As Mark stated in a recent post, there will be a lot of information coming out in the days and weeks to come... and if people take it in without peeling back the onion to look for the all to common misrepresentations coming from MLF, they will be expected to believe the same types of unsubstantiated and unsupported things many have been already reciting on here and other places.[/quote]

You know how everyone that dislikes MLF wants Duckett to go away because he’s a bad pr guy and just spouts bs? You’re becoming that guy for BASS. Just knock it off while you have a chance. Geez. I agree with you, and don’t like you. Truth or not you are just spouting the same [censored] over and over and ignoring anyone wanting legit answers.

So the same people you are “quoting propaganda”, you are exactly like them. Giving the same answers to different questions with nothing other than plausible deniability to back yourself up with.

Again, you’re a hypocrite, shoo on somewhere with you.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/12/19 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

Campfire and cold beer at my house.

Sounds good. I'll text you once I know what our plans our.
Posted By: criglizard

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/12/19 05:13 PM

As I scan back through older posts about MLF (before BPT), the general consensus on this forum was very positive. Everyone seemed to like the shows and the anglers involved. Nobody was trashing Duckett or calling the group "crooks".

The lack of "anger" or frustration towards BASS and FLW for essentially failing to build a consistent and profitable business for the anglers is puzzling to me. Why does BASS get a free pass for literally running off their top 90% of anglers? The same guys everyone on this forum has raved about for years. They left on their own will, looking for greener pastures. Maybe they found it, maybe they didn't. Way too early to tell despite all the unsupported rumors, whispers, and "just wait until tomorrow" comments on this forum.

Personally, as a BASS fan, I am disappointed that they couldn't innovate and evolve enough to maintain the best group of anglers. I blame them, not MLF/BPT. I also blame FLW for running a business that was (according to insiders) in significant financial trouble.

Big O....have you directed any of this anger towards the FLW owners that signed their names on a contract to sell without specific clauses that forced MLF to honor the promises FLW made??

I've bought and sold companies. We didn't keep every employee on board. We also didn't maintain everyones salary. We also definitely had owners request specific (and sometimes odd) clauses that held us to their promises with employees, customers, and vendors. I've also made similar requests when selling a business. None of this is unusual in this type of transaction.

FLW screwed you or your friend over, Big O. Acknowledge that and move on with your life.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/12/19 05:31 PM

It's as clear as mud... Thanks for keeping the waters muddy... The MLFLW/ BPsT format doesn't interest me in the least. As far as the BEST claim, a lot of the BEST fell off the face of the lake when they left BASS... Only place you see MLFLW/ BPsT pros is the 1'x1' photo in the daily BPS flier you get in the mail... And they still refer to them as BASS Master Clasic winners... Dan confused

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/12/19 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by criglizard
As I scan back through older posts about MLF (before BPT), the general consensus on this forum was very positive. Everyone seemed to like the shows and the anglers involved. Nobody was trashing Duckett or calling the group "crooks".

The lack of "anger" or frustration towards BASS and FLW for essentially failing to build a consistent and profitable business for the anglers is puzzling to me. Why does BASS get a free pass for literally running off their top 90% of anglers? The same guys everyone on this forum has raved about for years. They left on their own will, looking for greener pastures. Maybe they found it, maybe they didn't. Way too early to tell despite all the unsupported rumors, whispers, and "just wait until tomorrow" comments on this forum.

Personally, as a BASS fan, I am disappointed that they couldn't innovate and evolve enough to maintain the best group of anglers. I blame them, not MLF/BPT. I also blame FLW for running a business that was (according to insiders) in significant financial trouble.

Big O....have you directed any of this anger towards the FLW owners that signed their names on a contract to sell without specific clauses that forced MLF to honor the promises FLW made??

I've bought and sold companies. We didn't keep every employee on board. We also didn't maintain everyones salary. We also definitely had owners request specific (and sometimes odd) clauses that held us to their promises with employees, customers, and vendors. I've also made similar requests when selling a business. None of this is unusual in this type of transaction.

FLW screwed you or your friend over, Big O. Acknowledge that and move on with your life.

Anger and frustration towards BASS, at least by myself is there, but that’s an entirely different discussion and really has no bearing on what has been discussed in this or other postings recently . For the record, I do feel they weren’t doing enough to keep the anglers interested, making enough changes and evolving, and giving them a fair share of the revenue being generated by their talents and the show they can put on, which at the end of the day is what all tournament organizers are selling to advertisers/sponsors. I would argue none of the tours give the anglers a fair share of the advertising revenue they help generate for the tournament organizations.

You, like others have recited that FLW was in significant financial trouble, and qualifying that comment with “according to insiders“ doesn’t make that claim any more credible than those who have come before you making the same claim. If anyone has bothered to look into it they would know there has been an ongoing sibling dispute between the heirs of Irwin Jacobs and his estate in probate. What was reported in some local articles covering that was a single statement made “by one” of those siblings that the “Jacobs estate” was $100 million in debt. What’s always been left out by people making that claim looking to further a debate in defense of MLF, is in every article I have seen published on that matter it was always stated that the claim of debt had not been substantiated. Fact is, it was only a claim by one of the Jacobs children that was looking to try and liquidate the estate quickly without doing any due diligence. interestingly enough, there are articles out there that quote the same person that the businesses left behind in the Jacobs estate were strong. The truth is this went to court and court halted the estate sale, and it was found that the claim of it being in massive debt had no basis of fact because there had not been any financial audit of Jacobs business’s and personal holdings since the time of his death. Its not unusual for wealthy individuals to have large amounts of debt, and I would argue someone of Jacobs wealth, $110 million of debt is on the low end.

As to your comment about the owners of FLW who signed their names on the sale papers, yes, they are to blame and if I am not mistaken at least one of them, the daughter of Irwin Jacobs, is still in the same role within FLW that she has always had. But even though they deserve to be held to account for not taking care of commitments already in the pipeline, it’s the MLF and it’s publicly stated mission and widely distributed talking points about being an organization that is for the benefit of the anglers that is the most telling. If there was no hypocrisy in that claim, there wouldn’t be an issue here. What’s more, that’s the same claim that was being made to attract all those anglers over from BASS, which somewhat seems to now be in dispute according to the anglers who have spoken about it.

But here is who I would hold to account more than anyone. There are purportedly a dozen or more anglers apart from Duckett, and Klein that are also part owners of MLF. How they could sit back and allow and be content with MLF screwing anglers out of opportunity to follow the same paths they followed (Qualifying for events) to get where they are, shows how they themselves don’t even believe in the published mission and values of the organization they have bought into.

Who are those angler/owners outside of Duckett and Klein, does anyone know? Maybe they can start answering some questions about why they remain silent.
Posted By: Scooter11

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/12/19 09:47 PM

Are Big O Florida and Jeff From Iowa the same person? Never see them in the same room and always have to get the last word in!
Posted By: Dan McDowell

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/12/19 09:47 PM

Lots of bickering on here. Some of you need your diapers changed. Others need to find something constructive to do with their time.
Posted By: Dan McDowell

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/12/19 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Scooter11
Are Big O Florida and Jeff From Iowa the same person? Never see them in the same room and always have to get the last word in!

I do believe they are the same person.
Posted By: RandyD

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 12:42 AM

BASS put a post out John Cox today …"Help us wish one of our newest Elite Series pros, Pro Angler John Cox a happy birthday".
I read where he was planning on fishing the Open series, and also FLW, and he would figure out the tournaments with conflicting dates as they come up, or something along those lines... I don't recall seeing where he was moving to the Elite trail.... did I hear this right, or have I got it all mixed up here?
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Dan McDowell
Originally Posted by Scooter11

I do believe they are the same person.

ok jeff
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by RandyD
BASS put a post out John Cox today …"Help us wish one of our newest Elite Series pros, Pro Angler John Cox a happy birthday".
I read where he was planning on fishing the Open series, and also FLW, and he would figure out the tournaments with conflicting dates as they come up, or something along those lines... I don't recall seeing where he was moving to the Elite trail.... did I hear this right, or have I got it all mixed up here?

I believe he double qualified this year in the opens.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Chris B

Last word I can find was he was fishing both elites and FLW pro... where elite calendar will take priority.

https://anglerschannel.com/john-cox-to-fish-both-elites-and-flw-pro-circuits-in-2020/

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 01:18 AM

Last word I can find was he was fishing both elites and FLW pro... where elite calendar will take priority.

https://anglerschannel.com/john-cox-to-fish-both-elites-and-flw-pro-circuits-in-2020/

Atleast on this post you got it right. Unlike earlier in this thread. But i don't expect people like you to always have the facts right

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 01:40 AM

Atleast on this post you got it right. Unlike earlier in this thread. But i don't expect people like you to always have the facts right

Hey Dubee, didn’t you know I am now being told that I am also “Jeff from Iowa”? - I am surprised you haven’t chimed in on that one too, did that persona also get banned on the other sites you frequent? I am sure your cyber sleuthing skills will be able to make a connection, right, am I right?

Perhaps going forward, the next thing you contribute Is something that actually adds value to the discussion at hand? It’s really not that hard to do if your interested in the subject instead of trying to waive around shiny objects to distract people.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 01:53 AM

Big o/seminole, you have issues. All i did was point out that you can't even post the correct simple facts. Every time you say someone else is waveing a shiny object or cyber sleuthing. You look like an idiot. And i don't think you are Jeff. You are a different dbag

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 02:31 AM

Big o/seminole, you have issues. All i did was point out that you can't even post the correct simple facts. Every time you say someone else is waveing a shiny object or cyber sleuthing. You look like an idiot. And i don't think you are Jeff. You are a different dbag

Oh what a surprise, back to your usual self after the shock of 2 anglers leaving the mlf. Bet that hurt your pride a lot, knowing how wrong you have been all these months.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 02:46 AM

Oh what a surprise, back to your usual self after the shock of 2 anglers leaving the mlf. Bet that hurt your pride a lot, knowing how wrong you have been all these months.

I have no idea why guys leaving would hurt my pride. I said no one would leave after a year. I was wrong. My life isn't affected by what pro fishes what trail. I just get annoyed clicking on any post and having the same people spewing the same junk

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 02:54 AM

I have no idea why guys leaving would hurt my pride. I said no one would leave after a year. I was wrong. My life isn't affected by what pro fishes what trail. I just get annoyed clicking on any post and having the same people spewing the same junk

You are starting to worry me a bit. You comment on all my post. I know you have researched me because you have commented about where i live. It like you are a stalker. I don't know what you think is gonna happen but i like women. I don't bat that way, so don't get your hopes up
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 02:59 AM

Are you quoting yourself now Dubee? Lol

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by the skipper

Lol, i guess. I didn't realize i did that. I'm worried he is gonna be peeking through my windows

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by the skipper

Lol, i guess. I didn't realize i did that. I'm worried he is gonna be peeking through my windows

Nah, we know how you swing. No wife, no girlfriend, can’t stand someone putting down all your man crush hero’s. It’s ok, the world seems to be changing. Funny how you guys can’t resist responding to anything anti-mlf, it “annoys” you; but there you are, reading and typing again & again. The guy is playing you like a fiddle and you keep falling for it, have some common sense and quit responding. When you respond, people will keep doing it just to antagonize (hopefully you understand what that word means) you.

By the way, you are the one that told us that you live in a mobile home, have a Triton that you are hard on & now it’s a pile of crud and blah blah blah....Oh, how many names did you call me during these discussions and the dubee one was wrong everytime! roflmao

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 03:29 PM

Can we close this thread yet? What good has come of it?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 04:19 PM

We now know that many of the lifelong FLW anglers have been forced into retirement or starting their careers over in another league. But MLF/BPT is growing the sport.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 04:37 PM

We now know that many of the lifelong FLW anglers have been forced into retirement or starting their careers over in another league. But MLF/BPT is growing the sport.

Zero have been forced into retirement

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 06:38 PM

Houston’s gone and Nixon is gone.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 07:00 PM

Lol. If they wanted to fish they could. No one was forced to retire.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 07:22 PM

He joined bbc at the same time. He already got banned on there

From his screen name, He was probably banned from the Florida forums too.

Somebody obviously moved his cheese and upset him.... Bless his heart

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/13/19 11:43 PM

FLW Link

Nixon is fishing the FLW Pro Tour in 2020

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 12:14 AM

But i heard he and Jimmy were forced to retire.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 12:29 AM

Doesn’t Nixon have some health issues?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by SAKS
Doesn’t Nixon have some health issues?

Shoulder surgery. He will miss a few tournaments till it heals

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright
[quote=grout-scout][quote=bbassfishes]Zero have been forced into retirement

FLW Link

Ahhhh look, someone came to Dubees rescue, even dated today! Guess Ol’ Larry found someone to cover his entry fees, not the same story he had when he was on BTL podcast 2 weeks ago. Hooray for saving face for Dubees clap

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 03:56 AM

FLW Link

Ahhhh look, someone came to Dubees rescue, even dated today! Guess Ol’ Larry found someone to cover his entry fees, not the same story he had when he was on BTL podcast 2 weeks ago. Hooray for saving face for Dubees clap

I am thinking those behind the curtains are extremely nervous and are being turned down repeatedly when asking people to fish anything under MLFLW. For them to put out a press release about someone who won’t even make the first cast in that tour until stop 4 or 5, if at all depending on outcome of his pending surgery, screams of desperation to put out anything they can spin as a positive. I would challenge anyone who commits to MLFLW to explain how they can still support a group that’s proven they will screw over the grass roots guys without a single thought of making things right.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 04:11 AM

Isn't the TBF National Champ still receiving the "Living The Dream" package?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 04:30 AM

Isn't the TBF National Champ still receiving the "Living The Dream" package?

Yes, after a couple weeks or so of enduring a huge PR disaster they reversed course and announced they were going to enter into a new partnership with TBF and also honor the 2019 package. What was humorous about that was there were loads of people screaming FLW no longer existed, they were defunct, were bankrupt, MLF wasn’t responsible, etc.. to defend the indefensible, and then when the press release came out it was in, you guessed it, FLW LLC name.

But that said, they have all those who qualified for the FW cup that had a minimum $10k payout still holding the empty bag... not to leave without mention the whole purse for that event is now gone.
Posted By: b00stin4

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 06:09 AM

Did somebody say MILF?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 01:14 PM

FLW Link

No one came to my rescue. You are the one that made the moronic comment. You just make stuff up and can't admit you are wrong. Nixon and Houston weren't forced to retire. They can fish FLW or Elites if they want. So go ahead and make up more stuff

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 02:23 PM

crying someone said something negative about MLF/BPT, they need to be banned...and you think Big O has issues! roflmao

Here, let me help you. Now you can listen to Larry talk about NOT having a sponsor to cover his entry fees. You see, sponsors don’t want to pay guys to fish in the little league fishing series. Who will save you now???

Larry Nixon on BTL: https://youtu.be/KRnW0AHOqwM

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by b00stin4
Did somebody say MILF?

No sir, they would actually have some viewers if they had those!

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 02:50 PM

Here, let me help you. Now you can listen to Larry talk about NOT having a sponsor to cover his entry fees. You see, sponsors don’t want to pay guys to fish in the little league fishing series. Who will save you now???

Lol, that’s a bit of a stretch to spin that out of it.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 03:10 PM

[quote=grout-scout] Here, let me help you. Now you can listen to Larry talk about NOT having a sponsor to cover his entry fees. You see, sponsors don’t want to pay guys to fish in the little league fishing series. Who will save you now???

Lol, that’s a bit of a stretch to spin that out of it.
[/quote
I don't get what he is trying to do. He said BPT "forced" Nixon and Houston to retire. But either one could pay and fish FLW. If i'm not mistaken either one of them could have used the legend exemption to fish the elites. How were they forced out.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 03:22 PM

Hey Big O. You been fishing lately? Get out there and stick a few, it’ll take your mind off MLF for a while!

I keep getting PM’s from people thinking Big O is all kinds of people, from Scott Martin to a BASS paid social media influencer. Who do y’all think it is? Is it somebody or just a nobody being paid to blow up MLF??

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 03:31 PM

bump
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 06:44 PM

I highly doubt its anybody, especially Scott Martin, and he's not getting paid. If we've learned anything from the last year it's that BASS has zero need to even acknowledge MLF exist to keep their platform growing and maintaining.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 07:00 PM

Hey Big O. You been fishing lately? Get out there and stick a few, it’ll take your mind off MLF for a while!

I keep getting PM’s from people thinking Big O is all kinds of people, from Scott Martin to a BASS paid social media influencer. Who do y’all think it is? Is it somebody or just a nobody being paid to blow up MLF??

If it was Scott Martin, there would be at least ten product endorsements per post.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 09:42 PM

Evil ol’ MLF even tried to force Mr. Topwater Rowland into retirement, they should be ashamed of themselves.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE - 12/14/19 10:36 PM

The guys are moving up to the top level that they have access to. For Thrift and Dudley that was BPT. If they went to BASS they would have to fish the Opens to qualify. So it might not be as much that they are choosing one or the other, more like one is choosing them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum