Forums59
Topics1,039,272
Posts13,962,008
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Swindle & Palaniuk back to the Elites in 2020! [Re: beartrap] #13360473 12/03/19 10:51 PM
B
boyd1002 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by beartrap
.after a year, only two pros left the to go back to B.A.S.S. and their places were immediately taken by two of the biggest names from FLW....the fact that 97.5% of the MLF pros did not leave ought to tell you something...
after 40 years,BASS was only able to secure 35-40 hours per year of TV coverage for their anglers and with their format only the top 3-4 anglers ever got any exposure....and exposure is what an anglers sponsors pay them for.....
MLF was already ranked as #1 outdoor show and this year the MLF anglers will receive 850 hours of TV coverage and with the MLF format,almost every angler and their sponsors get TV exposure....if you are trying to make a living as a professional fisherman and trying gain exposure for your sponsors,it's a "no-brainer" as to which tour offers you the best chance for exposure....and why 80 of the top pros from both BASS and FLW left to join MLF....
has anybody watched the recent 2 hour shows on Discovery channel.....it not only features ads for industry sponsors but ads for many non endemic companies...and that is why their fishermen are no longer "fishing for the own entry fees"....
with the huge growth in high school and college bass fishing teams,the bass fishing audience is surely going to have huge increases over the next few years.....

2 pros left that could afford to pay the fee (or had sponsors that would pay) and had a legends exemption spot in the Elites.. Go listen to Luke Dunkins podcast, or BP and Gerald on Bass Talk Live.. it sounds like a lot more would leave if they could afford to do so. I absolutely loved the old MLF shows - I recorded all of them and could not wait for a new episode... the new BPT MLF show is almost unwatchable.. the commentary is bad, it is just cutting from one fish catch to other so fast that you cannot follow it.. I get they have way more hours of programming.. but the quality is severely lacking.. I dont think i have watched the last 2 or 3 episodes even though they are recorded.. i would rather watch the old format on the replay on the outdoor channel instead.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Swindle & Palaniuk back to the Elites in 2020! [Re: beartrap] #13360520 12/03/19 11:44 PM
F
Fishspanker Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Where were they going to leave to? There were only two Legends spots on BASS. They would have to requalify thru the Opens. Thrift and Dudley didn’t have much choice either with the purchase of FLW.

I predict the BPT either sees pretty radical change or no longer exists in 10 years.

Last edited by Fishspanker; 12/03/19 11:46 PM.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: Swindle & Palaniuk back to the Elites in 2020! [Re: beartrap] #13360523 12/03/19 11:46 PM
slim 285 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
.after a year, only two pros left the to go back to B.A.S.S. and their places were immediately taken by two of the biggest names from FLW....the fact that 97.5% of the MLF pros did not leave ought to tell you something...
after 40 years,BASS was only able to secure 35-40 hours per year of TV coverage for their anglers and with their format only the top 3-4 anglers ever got any exposure....and exposure is what an anglers sponsors pay them for.....
MLF was already ranked as #1 outdoor show and this year the MLF anglers will receive 850 hours of TV coverage and with the MLF format,almost every angler and their sponsors get TV exposure....if you are trying to make a living as a professional fisherman and trying gain exposure for your sponsors,it's a "no-brainer" as to which tour offers you the best chance for exposure....and why 80 of the top pros from both BASS and FLW left to join MLF....
has anybody watched the recent 2 hour shows on Discovery channel.....it not only features ads for industry sponsors but ads for many non endemic companies...and that is why their fishermen are no longer "fishing for the own entry fees"....
with the huge growth in high school and college bass fishing teams,the bass fishing audience is surely going to have huge increases over the next few years.....

If there’s nobody watching all those hours of tv then what good is it .
Us fisherman , the ones that buy Strike King and Bass Pro are not there intended audience is what they have said .
I

Re: Swindle & Palaniuk back to the Elites in 2020! [Re: kellisag] #13360756 12/04/19 02:59 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
The narrative that no one's watching is simply untrue, as is the narrative that it's housewives and not anglers. The data is clear and not based on opinion or comments on forum boards and social.

At some point this will subside as the topic of conversation and everyone will get back to fishing and watching fishing on TV and enjoying themselves. thumb

Re: Swindle & Palaniuk back to the Elites in 2020! [Re: kellisag] #13360779 12/04/19 03:22 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
G-Mans interview on Bass Talk Live was very telling. If you haven’t listened you ought to. I have my opinions on both BASS and BPT. I am now even less impressed with BPT and the people who run it.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Swindle & Palaniuk back to the Elites in 2020! [Re: kellisag] #13360780 12/04/19 03:23 AM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Swindle's interview on bass talk live was very entertaining...

#MFGA
Re: Swindle & Palaniuk back to the Elites in 2020! [Re: Mark Jones] #13360813 12/04/19 04:07 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
The narrative that no one's watching is simply untrue, as is the narrative that it's housewives and not anglers. The data is clear and not based on opinion or comments on forum boards and social.

At some point this will subside as the topic of conversation and everyone will get back to fishing and watching fishing on TV and enjoying themselves. thumb

Mark, you know the numbers dont you? Do you know the numbers for BASS and MLF? The ones I saw looked like MLF was barely above BASS in viewership. Is that true?

Re: Swindle & Palaniuk back to the Elites in 2020! [Re: the skipper] #13360818 12/04/19 04:10 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by the skipper

Mark, you know the numbers dont you? Do you know the numbers for BASS and MLF? The ones I saw looked like MLF was barely above BASS in viewership. Is that true?

Yes, I know the MLF numbers but I haven’t seen BASS numbers in 19.

Re: Swindle & Palaniuk back to the Elites in 2020! [Re: the skipper] #13360825 12/04/19 04:13 AM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G

Those are the numbers I saw too and MLF is throwing way more money at it. For the amount of this extra airtime they have, they sure don’t seem to be growing much.

Re: Swindle & Palaniuk back to the Elites in 2020! [Re: kellisag] #13360865 12/04/19 05:18 AM
B
BigVes Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
MLF tv show is great. BPT not so great. They have a great business model combining the 2. They get the exposure via entertaining television with MLF which is driving BPT. Personally, I'm a fan of MLF but not so much of BPT. I think there will continue to be fallout from BPT and guys jumping from FLW and BASS to go to BPT. The no entry fee concept is great but a LOT of the guys that jumped to BPT are not and potentially cannot effectively compete in that format bc they are 5 fish format guys. I think some are waiting to jump back out until their 2 year contract is up so they don't get whacked with the opt-out penalty. I am sure the drama will continue to play out over the next couple years....

Adam Vesely

IG @AdamVeselyFishing
www.greatstatestorage.com
www.dobynsrods.com
www.gfunkbaits.com
PB 10.94lbs Lake Ray Hubbard 4.7.19
Re: Swindle & Palaniuk back to the Elites in 2020! [Re: beartrap] #13363392 12/06/19 04:56 PM
T
texasbassdude Offline
Angler
Angler
T
the fact that 97.5% of the MLF pros did not leave ought to tell you something...

Tells me that a bunch of folks didn't want to pay the $50,000 to break the contract that Swindle mentioned.

If MLF thought that they'd keep anglers so happy and want them to stay on their own accord, why contractually obligate them to stay? B.A.S.S. and FLW ain't never done that...

Re: Swindle & Palaniuk back to the Elites in 2020! [Re: kellisag] #13363787 12/07/19 01:22 AM
Creekhead Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I think the MLF coverage will evolve to make it entertaining. If you watch a golf tournament they follow shot by shot of the leaders and then switch to a cool shot by another player every now and then. At some point, smart people will learn to show the viewer (us) what is entertaining. BTW I think Swindle is really entertaining but I cannot remember the last time I saw him in MLF.

Re: Swindle & Palaniuk back to the Elites in 2020! [Re: texasbassdude] #13363908 12/07/19 03:40 AM
slim 285 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
The contract was to keep them from going back to bass or flw . They thought they would crush BASS and for that I would not piss on the whole bunch to put the fire out .

Re: Swindle & Palaniuk back to the Elites in 2020! [Re: Mark Jones] #13363949 12/07/19 04:07 AM
F
Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F

Dang Mark didn't know you were doing marketing for MLF I bet those analytics are pretty tricky as someone with a background in these big data sets I have a single question what percentage of these 900hrs of TV have legit viewers? I know most aren't gonna watch every bit of it? at what point will the ROI go down on buying so much tv time with few watchers?

Re: Swindle & Palaniuk back to the Elites in 2020! [Re: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King] #13363994 12/07/19 04:40 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king

Dang Mark didn't know you were doing marketing for MLF I bet those analytics are pretty tricky as someone with a background in these big data sets I have a single question what percentage of these 900hrs of TV have legit viewers? I know most aren't gonna watch every bit of it? at what point will the ROI go down on buying so much tv time with few watchers?

Our work is on the digital/data side not TV. Here’s the last press release from the Discovery run. I believe the numbers from the latest shows are up over these numbers. I’m sure they’ll have another update along soon.

https://majorleaguefishing.com/pres...very-returns-impressive-initial-ratings/

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide