B
Bass&More Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by steveiam
Originally Posted by V-Bottom
Did I hear they found a weapon on the floor where she fell?

They are saying they found a weapon “in the home” is what I heard-
Heck, I have several weapons in MY OWN home-

Not to mention if you are creeping around my back yard at 230 am I might have one of my guns when I come to window

^^^^^^^this peep
[Linked Image]

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bass&More] #13311400 10/14/19 06:29 PM
M
Mike Keenan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Sounds like the officer who fired the fatal shot has resigned...

R.I.P. Mike "pappy" "broken rod" Green born 07-16-62 on to better fishing 06-10-08.
www.basscat.com

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311419 10/14/19 06:41 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Kraus on Monday identified the officer involved in the shooting as Aaron Dean. He said Dean was placed on detached duty and stripped of his badge and firearm after he was served with his written administrative complaint yesterday.

“My intent was to meet with him today to terminate his employment with the Fort Worth Police Department. However, the officer tendered his resignation this morning before we met," Kraus told reporters Monday. "Even though he no longer works for the city, we will continue the administrative investigation as if he did. The case will be completed and reviewed by the chain of command.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: buda13] #13311432 10/14/19 06:55 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by buda13
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

FW is very competitive in the hiring process. Its a tough task to get a job with them. They turn many away.

For real? I know it used to be like that, but I've had direct dealings with them on some break ins at our yard and an accident one of my trucks was in recently. Its been some keystone cops type of stuff man. Had to explain to the officer writing up the truck accident what a DOT recordable incident is, what a UCR agreement is and how it differs from the companies actual insurance policy, what class license is required for a tractor trailer... took 28 days for the report to be filed. The break ins to our yard were even worse, took them 3 days and 6 calls from me for them to even respond to do the report. You could clearly see the hole cut in the fence, drag marks, and our material 50 yards on the other side of the fence half covered by a tarp.. they did NOTHING but write a BS report. Wouldn't even let me reclaim my material. Both instances the officers I was dealing with said FTWPD is reaching a critical level of officer shortage without enough recruits int he pipeline to fill the need. Leads me to believe they'll hire darn near anyone right now to get a warm body on the streets... hope I'm wrong but it sure feels that way as of late.

My son in law works for them and saw firsthand what he went through to get hired. They lost a good amount of folks during his academy. I know some guys from the vity i work in that were LEOs here and still had to go through FW academy as a recruut. Have a fair amount of friends that work in PD or FD there as well. They turn a lot away during the process.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311593 10/14/19 09:25 PM
GROD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Life experience goes a long ways when being an LEO... too many hired now days straight out of college or still living at home with mom and dad (on their dime). Never been in an altercation or stressful situation... but they have a super clean back ground check and good test takers. Doesn’t always make for the best police officer. Give me an officer who can enforce the law with a non-bias outlook and has life experience. Not everyone needs to go to jail and not everyone is a criminal just bc they make a mistake or made a poor decision. Feel bad for all involved in this horrible situation. Wonder if he fired on purpose or if it was an accidental discharge.

Last edited by GROD; 10/14/19 09:26 PM.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311823 10/15/19 12:28 AM
Z
ZX-250 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Z
Just saw he is in Tarrant County Jail on a Murder charge.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311835 10/15/19 12:37 AM
U
Urban Fisher Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
I feel bad for the neighbor that called for the welfare check. I’m sure he/she was a truly concerned neighbor that had no idea a simple welfare check would turn into a full SWAT team assault with the death of the person he/she originally called the welfare check on. May make people scared to call the people that are suppose to protect them.

Jane says I've never been in love - no
She don't know what it is
She only knows if someone wants her
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311846 10/15/19 12:45 AM
J
JesseX Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Someone knocks on my door, I peak thru the window to see who it is. Hope I am not a "perceived" threat.

Looking forward to justice playing out just like it did for the last unjustified cop shooting.

P.S. I am a big supporter of those in blue. I would bleed blue if you cut me. But all I can say about this is WOW!

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311853 10/15/19 12:47 AM
C
crankn101 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Im a big supporter of right and wrong....

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: GROD] #13311866 10/15/19 12:54 AM
C
crankn101 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by GROD
Life experience goes a long ways when being an LEO... too many hired now days straight out of college or still living at home with mom and dad (on their dime). Never been in an altercation or stressful situation... but they have a super clean back ground check and good test takers. Doesn’t always make for the best police officer. Give me an officer who can enforce the law with a non-bias outlook and has life experience. Not everyone needs to go to jail and not everyone is a criminal just bc they make a mistake or made a poor decision. Feel bad for all involved in this horrible situation. Wonder if he fired on purpose or if it was an accidental discharge.

This is a major issue with society in general, no one gets smacked around anymore and can get away with running their mouths all through life without getting put in their place. Then the whole catch 22 scenario comes into play, cops arrest and press charges for any little thing nowadays so those people cant get jobs in many places such as pharmaceuticals and any secure ares or law enforcement.

What a bloated mess or govt has become.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Mark Perry] #13311872 10/15/19 12:58 AM
44 Diesel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by buda13

FW is very competitive in the hiring process. Its a tough task to get a job with them. They turn many away.

For real? I know it used to be like that, but I've had direct dealings with them on some break ins at our yard and an accident one of my trucks was in recently. Its been some keystone cops type of stuff man. Had to explain to the officer writing up the truck accident what a DOT recordable incident is, what a UCR agreement is and how it differs from the companies actual insurance policy, what class license is required for a tractor trailer... took 28 days for the report to be filed. The break ins to our yard were even worse, took them 3 days and 6 calls from me for them to even respond to do the report. You could clearly see the hole cut in the fence, drag marks, and our material 50 yards on the other side of the fence half covered by a tarp.. they did NOTHING but write a BS report. Wouldn't even let me reclaim my material. Both instances the officers I was dealing with said FTWPD is reaching a critical level of officer shortage without enough recruits int he pipeline to fill the need. Leads me to believe they'll hire darn near anyone right now to get a warm body on the streets... hope I'm wrong but it sure feels that way as of late.

My son in law works for them and saw firsthand what he went through to get hired. They lost a good amount of folks during his academy. I know some guys from the vity i work in that were LEOs here and still had to go through FW academy as a recruut. Have a fair amount of friends that work in PD or FD there as well. They turn a lot away during the process.

My ex Brother in law worked for FWPD years ago. He was pretty damn crooked. He got fired twice from em

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Urban Fisher] #13311876 10/15/19 01:02 AM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
Originally Posted by Urban Fisher
I feel bad for the neighbor that called for the welfare check. I’m sure he/she was a truly concerned neighbor that had no idea a simple welfare check would turn into a full SWAT team assault with the death of the person he/she originally called the welfare check on. May make people scared to call the people that are suppose to protect them.

Seriously ,he’s probably beating him self up pretty bad over it .

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Nickbyrd] #13311890 10/15/19 01:10 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Nickbyrd

Yep.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311902 10/15/19 01:18 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by Nickbyrd

Yep.

I can’t even imagine.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311947 10/15/19 01:48 AM
M
Mike Keenan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Well the cop (Aaron Dean) was arrested and charged with murder... I bet he’s rethinking that fatal shot now... We were always taught years ago, you better be sure, you cannot call back that bullet.

R.I.P. Mike "pappy" "broken rod" Green born 07-16-62 on to better fishing 06-10-08.
www.basscat.com

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide