Print Thread
Lake Murvaul #13308047 10/11/19 02:12 AM
B
bush hog Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
Lot of work going on at the lake. Parks and Wildlife have been planting vegetation since a lot was killed off while trying to control salvinia. The cabins are all having new siding put on to replace the old asbestos siding and some will be completed rebuilt due to termites. The marina/cafe is getting a make-over and is now open. I've eat there a couple times and the food is good. The public restrooms are scheduled to be improved and that can't come soon enough. Talked with them today about maybe getting some crappie tournaments started and maybe see if CAT would be interested in Lake Murvaul. Anyway, good things seem to happening at the lake. Visited with Coach Tod on the water today....he's a great guy. Aggravated a few crappie today under the docks. Didn't have much luck until I downsized to a 32nd and the action picked up considerable. Brush piles are slooooo unless you happen up on the right one. Ya'll have a great day.

To whom much is given, much is required.
Re: Lake Murvaul [Re: bush hog] #13308185 10/11/19 11:03 AM
T
THarris22 Offline
Angler
Angler
T
I have noticed a lot going on there too. Fishing has been just a little slow for me but still can catch a few. Just seems like they want to play but then just shut down and say naw just kidding. Hope the restroom project is next. Really hope the Marina does a good business. They are still spray for the salvinia. Was down there a couple weeks ago and the state had two air boats out spraying. Those things can make some noise.

Re: Lake Murvaul [Re: bush hog] #13309234 10/12/19 02:21 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
The Lake facilities have needed a makeover. Good for them! IMO, The size of the lake limits the abilities of the reservoir from providing consistently high quality tournament type catches. It is the same way on some of the lakes I prefer to fish. I am thinking that potlicker Tournament the Troy puts on, is fun and makes for an enjoyable weekend. I am not sure that place can handle multiple tournaments per year and provide quality fish weights. Murval is an enjoyable lake, to be sure; however Iā€™m not sure it can handle the true tournament pressure.

Re: Lake Murvaul [Re: bush hog] #13309826 10/13/19 03:51 AM
B
bush hog Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
Good to hear from you crapicat! I agree, the small size of this lake would be a factor in organizing any large tournaments. The folks at the marina host a bass tournament every Thursday and they are looking for ideas to get more people out to the lake that maybe aren't bass fishermen. We suggested a crappie tournament now and then or maybe a catfish tournament. Really just thinking mostly of the local folks. I've got doubts that CAT would be interested in this small lake but they wanted to reach out to them and see.

Re: Lake Murvaul [Re: THarris22] #13309830 10/13/19 03:57 AM
B
bush hog Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted by THarris22
I have noticed a lot going on there too. Fishing has been just a little slow for me but still can catch a few. Just seems like they want to play but then just shut down and say naw just kidding. Hope the restroom project is next. Really hope the Marina does a good business. They are still spray for the salvinia. Was down there a couple weeks ago and the state had two air boats out spraying. Those things can make some noise.

Yep, evidently the Parks and Wildlife haven't seen the sign at the boat ramp that says "No Air Boats"...lol The fishing is getting better....at least the dock shooting is. They're still hard to find on the brush. Been a good bite on Martin Creek the last few weeks.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide