Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Art Briles once again [Re: WAWI] #13306288 10/09/19 01:42 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by sliding by
So the kids were ruled eligible before the season started and then ineligible after they started winning. Would the superintendents of the other 6 schools have even convened if they were 0-5. Seems to me that they were playing by the rules of the original panel. They will win the appeal. If that’s the case, then Aledo needs to forfeit 10 years of wins. They have kids moving in from all over the place and all kiinds of daddy “coaches”.

Let's keep Aledo out of it.....

funny
you know J J's
dad
makes $200K a year
as a concession clerk

Last edited by butch sanders; 10/09/19 01:42 PM.
Re: Art Briles once again [Re: jackiekennedyfishingguide] #13306478 10/09/19 05:23 PM
D
DJB Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Pure sour grapes by somebody not happy with mt Vernon being 5-0.The Ramseys that brought Briles there are all lawyers. They will figure it out. They should sue Deadspin and the writer for slander.

Re: Art Briles once again [Re: jackiekennedyfishingguide] #13306502 10/09/19 05:46 PM
J
jackiekennedyfishingguide Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
J
Yes, Briles has such a stellar reputation. He has been a known rule stretcher at every level.
I know all schools recruit, but most can cover there behind.

903-603-3793
Clients or I have landed eight state record fish and eighteen water body records.
TPWD Elite Angler
[Linked Image]
jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: Art Briles once again [Re: DJB] #13306544 10/09/19 06:09 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by DJB
Pure sour grapes by somebody not happy with mt Vernon being 5-0.The Ramseys that brought Briles there are all lawyers. They will figure it out. They should sue Deadspin and the writer for slander.

They can sue Deadspin for slander all they want, but there was nothing slanderous in that post. Everything was cited and it was an aggregation blog post. I don’t think you can sue over the tone of a blog post.

[Linked Image]
Re: Art Briles once again [Re: jackiekennedyfishingguide] #13306624 10/09/19 07:28 PM
K
kemon86 Offline
Angler
Angler
K
You can’t move for athletic purposes in Texas. Somewhere, somehow...this family’s reason for leaving their near million dollar home in Colorado to live in a camper in a RV in Mt. Vernon has been discredited. One of the parents isn’t even wildling, and the other parent is a sibling to the lady filming a documentary on Coach Briles. He, the dad of the brothers, is a former Baylor standout. He is also the figure in question that is “supposedly” coaching and not employed by the school. You can’t volunteer coach and not be employed by the school.

Re: Art Briles once again [Re: jackiekennedyfishingguide] #13306657 10/09/19 08:00 PM
T
txmasterpo Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
T
UIL ruled no games forfeited this afternoon.....they were ruled ineligible from today forward pending an appeal to the executive committee at state office.

Personally, if you move a kid to that district, that should be all you have to do. How can a state office restrict a kid from going to school and playing sports where he wants to live and play? Seems crazy to me. Always has.

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Art Briles once again [Re: jackiekennedyfishingguide] #13306678 10/09/19 08:20 PM
B
BrandoA Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
That has to be one of the stupidest rules. If I had a son who was talented and played in a town like marble falls that absolutely sucks and my career afford the ability to move to a better program I would do it in a heart beat. As long as the family moves and the kids is enrolled then I don't see the big issue.

Re: Art Briles once again [Re: txmasterpo] #13306734 10/09/19 09:28 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
UIL ruled no games forfeited this afternoon.....they were ruled ineligible from today forward pending an appeal to the executive committee at state office.

Personally, if you move a kid to that district, that should be all you have to do. How can a state office restrict a kid from going to school and playing sports where he wants to live and play? Seems crazy to me. Always has.

I agree. Making kids sit out a year if a family wants to move to an entirely new district for the sole purpose of their kid playing a sport is stupid.

[Linked Image]
Re: Art Briles once again [Re: jackiekennedyfishingguide] #13306835 10/09/19 11:42 PM
D
DJB Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
All liberals ,including the 2 that replied on here want every ethnicity vto be able to do anything they want and give everyone a second chance till they don't agree with something. Then they want to quote moral values. Its 2nd chances and benefit of the doubt only to who they decide.

Re: Art Briles once again [Re: DJB] #13306873 10/10/19 12:19 AM
F
fishslime Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by DJB
All liberals ,including the 2 that replied on here want every ethnicity vto be able to do anything they want and give everyone a second chance till they don't agree with something. Then they want to quote moral values. Its 2nd chances and benefit of the doubt only to who they decide.

Really??

Re: Art Briles once again [Re: kemon86] #13306880 10/10/19 12:23 AM
machinist Online Sleepy
TFF Team Angler
Online Sleepy
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by kemon86
You can’t move for athletic purposes in Texas. Somewhere, somehow...this family’s reason for leaving their near million dollar home in Colorado to live in a camper in a RV in Mt. Vernon has been discredited. One of the parents isn’t even wildling, and the other parent is a sibling to the lady filming a documentary on Coach Briles. He, the dad of the brothers, is a former Baylor standout. He is also the figure in question that is “supposedly” coaching and not employed by the school. You can’t volunteer coach and not be employed by the school.

You don't have the fact exactly right. The guy the brothers are living with is their uncle and he is also the Baylor player that played for Briles. He is also the voluntary coach.

I fish on the edge and stay out of the middle

99 BassCat Jag w/225 Merc Optimax
Retired TXU Outage Manager
Re: Art Briles once again [Re: machinist] #13306886 10/10/19 12:31 AM
F
fishslime Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by machinist
Originally Posted by kemon86

You don't have the fact exactly right. The guy the brothers are living with is their uncle and he is also the Baylor player that played for Briles. He is also the voluntary coach.

Go Briles. I could actually care less except for the fact that apparently he is clear according to the evening news. Seems everyone had him convicted before knowing the facts. He's got more money than he ever needs from the Baylor settlement. Just wants to coach and have something to do. The Mt. Vernon folks are happy to have a winning football team. If A&M doesn't get their act together, he may be here soon!!! Just kidding.

Re: Art Briles once again [Re: David Welcher] #13306893 10/10/19 12:39 AM
Der Vorsteher Online Shocked
TFF Guru
Online Shocked
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by David Welcher
This goes on all the time, everywhere, and has been forever.

Doesnt make it right.

Team Wolfs
Re: Art Briles once again [Re: BrandoA] #13306964 10/10/19 01:57 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BrandoA
That has to be one of the stupidest rules. If I had a son who was talented and played in a town like marble falls that absolutely sucks and my career afford the ability to move to a better program I would do it in a heart beat. As long as the family moves and the kids is enrolled then I don't see the big issue.

There was at least one family that moved to Allen from California so their son could play for a world class coach and a world class stadium. Happens all over the country. If you live in Podunk, Ms and have a son that's 6'-4 and can throw a football 80 yards in the air you do what you gotta do. I don't see the problem. Art Briles hasn't done anything that 100's of other coaches haven't done, he just gets caught. As far as Baylor goes, it's hard to parent 19-20 year old studs especially when they're not living with you. Those boys parents have some responsibility too.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Art Briles once again [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #13306995 10/10/19 02:36 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES
Originally Posted by BrandoA

There was at least one family that moved to Allen from California so their son could play for a world class coach and a world class stadium. Happens all over the country. If you live in Podunk, Ms and have a son that's 6'-4 and can throw a football 80 yards in the air you do what you gotta do. I don't see the problem. Art Briles hasn't done anything that 100's of other coaches haven't done, he just gets caught. As far as Baylor goes, it's hard to parent 19-20 year old studs especially when they're not living with you. Those boys parents have some responsibility too.

I look at it like this: if a family is willing to move to another district, state or halfway across the country, to give their kid a better chance, the kid should be allowed to play. That’s what this country was founded on, for crying out loud.

But if a family will uproot it’s life for their kid to play football, or get a better education, so be it. It’s just football.

Can someone give me a good reason why they shouldn’t be allowed to play?

Last edited by Duck_Hunter; 10/10/19 02:37 AM.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide