Print Thread
A day at Joe Pool #13281344 09/15/19 01:29 PM
B
Bentman63 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Joe Pool is somewhat of a non spectacular lake imo. There are very little brush piles to be found. I couldn't find any. I launched at Loyd Park and fished the only standing timber that I could see. It was about 15 ft deep. I started catching nice size crappie right off on jigs. I had 4 good keepers in the first 30 minutes. Then it slowed down . I managed a few more. Then went and got some minnows. I caught a keeper under the bridge.Then just took a stroll looking for brush piles. I didn't find any. Went back to where I started at the timber and caught a few more keepers and some small ones. I caught 2 small channel cat on minnows. Lost an anchor.It got hung on something and i could not get it loose.
Went home with only 9 keepers.But ,I aint complaining. It was a beautiful day and I have a working boat.

I may try Grapevine next time

[Linked Image]
Re: A day at Joe Pool [Re: Bentman63] #13281606 09/15/19 05:16 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
There are a good amount of piles at joe pool you just have to spend time looking. They tend to be shallow. Grapevine is even tougher since there is zero productive timber. It is all brush, rock and ledge fishing there. Joe pool will surprise you if you fish it enough.

Re: A day at Joe Pool [Re: Bentman63] #13281948 09/15/19 10:16 PM
F
Fishbonz Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by Bentman63
Joe Pool is somewhat of a non spectacular lake imo. There are very little brush piles to be found. I couldn't find any. I launched at Loyd Park and fished the only standing timber that I could see. It was about 15 ft deep. I started catching nice size crappie right off on jigs. I had 4 good keepers in the first 30 minutes. Then it slowed down . I managed a few more. Then went and got some minnows. I caught a keeper under the bridge.Then just took a stroll looking for brush piles. I didn't find any. Went back to where I started at the timber and caught a few more keepers and some small ones. I caught 2 small channel cat on minnows. Lost an anchor.It got hung on something and i could not get it loose.
Went home with only 9 keepers.But ,I aint complaining. It was a beautiful day and I have a working boat.

You probably caught your anchor on a brush pile! lol JK but If you were fishing timber outside Loyd park and went east to the bridge you passed by at least two that I know off captn taz

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: A day at Joe Pool [Re: Fishbonz] #13281952 09/15/19 10:20 PM
B
Bentman63 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Fishbonz

You probably caught your anchor on a brush pile! lol JK but If you were fishing timber outside Loyd park and went east to the bridge you passed by at least two that I know off captn taz

I probably did .. from the boat ramp I made a right and fished the timber there. Then I headed to the bridge..I thought about fishing the pillars on the big electric towers.
I am headed out Wednesday after work to try again for crappie and some sand bass

[Linked Image]
Re: A day at Joe Pool [Re: Bentman63] #13282044 09/16/19 12:11 AM
F
Fishbonz Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by Fishbonz

I probably did .. from the boat ramp I made a right and fished the timber there. Then I headed to the bridge..I thought about fishing the pillars on the big electric towers.
I am headed out Wednesday after work to try again for crappie and some sand bass

Bentman63 I sent you a pm thumb

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: A day at Joe Pool [Re: Fishbonz] #13286580 09/19/19 05:07 PM
R
RiverBanks Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Joe Pool is loaded with brush piles and downed timber. There are several brush piles under the bridge and along both sides of the bridge.

The Corp left a lot of brush piles when they built the lake. Many of them are older piles now and are harder to find as they will not show as tall shapes. But even those lying down still have a lot of crappie on them.

Re: A day at Joe Pool [Re: Bentman63] #13287285 09/20/19 04:05 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
At least you got some fishing time in. Sorry about the anchor! thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide