Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boat prices??? [Re: BassKarma] #13255079 08/21/19 02:17 PM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BassKarma

Give me 44k to invest and I’d more than quadruple that amount in 10 years. $200k. Not 32 years. You lost $400,000....almost half a MILLION dollars.... by tying up that money for 32 years.

Think about what that house COST you for 30 years of paying on it. Yeh. It’s paid for. No small feat for sure. But, so is all the interest, and 30 years worth of upkeep. You’re probably really on the good side about $50k. Maybe. Likely much less. If you’d have bought it, immediately put it up for rent, bought another, one year later put it up for rent, rinse repeat, for 32 years!!!! Oh my!!! You’d own a fleet of paid for in cash Vexus boats and have so much income you’d be inviting Johnny Morris to take a back seat on Saturday.

No sir! You can't quadruple money for folks in 10 years. Come on . Your telling us that you are able to do what the greatest hedge fund managers in history have been unable to do. You are telling us that you are 3 to 4 times better then Warren Buffet! Money doubles every 10 years at 7.2%. So you are promising us double digits returns for 10 years? If that were the case you would not be on the forum. You would have a line of the wealthiest individuals on the planet waiting to do business with you.[/quote]

I have laughed at every post.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Boat prices??? [Re: Bass Buster1] #13255188 08/21/19 03:09 PM
texcajun Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
Originally Posted by tmd11111
There's going to be some pissed off creditors when I die.......

Or family members... Currently trying to work through all of my Mother in Laws debts, it is not fun!

Forgive my stupidity, but how did you come to get saddled with your MIL's debt? My mother owed money when she died. Since she had no estate, the debt died with her.

2002 Scandy White, 2002 Yamaha 90
Point me towards the water!
Re: Boat prices??? [Re: Barrett] #13255216 08/21/19 03:27 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Barrett

No sir! You can't quadruple money for folks in 10 years. Come on . Your telling us that you are able to do what the greatest hedge fund managers in history have been unable to do. You are telling us that you are 3 to 4 times better then Warren Buffet! Money doubles every 10 years at 7.2%. So you are promising us double digits returns for 10 years? If that were the case you would not be on the forum. You would have a line of the wealthiest individuals on the planet waiting to do business with you.

I have laughed at every post.

I wish he could, I would give him 44k cash today!

My Berkshire stock bought in 2009 is at 2x my original buy in over 10 years. Same with my Nextera Energy. Both at 200% increase are my top performers.

Re: Boat prices??? [Re: BassKarma] #13255390 08/21/19 05:59 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

Give me 44k to invest and I’d more than quadruple that amount in 10 years. $200k. Not 32 years. You lost $400,000....almost half a MILLION dollars.... by tying up that money for 32 years.

Think about what that house COST you for 30 years of paying on it. Yeh. It’s paid for. No small feat for sure. But, so is all the interest, and 30 years worth of upkeep. You’re probably really on the good side about $50k. Maybe. Likely much less. If you’d have bought it, immediately put it up for rent, bought another, one year later put it up for rent, rinse repeat, for 32 years!!!! Oh my!!! You’d own a fleet of paid for in cash Vexus boats and have so much income you’d be inviting Johnny Morris to take a back seat on Saturday.

No sir! You can't quadruple money for folks in 10 years. Come on . Your telling us that you are able to do what the greatest hedge fund managers in history have been unable to do. You are telling us that you are 3 to 4 times better then Warren Buffet! Money doubles every 10 years at 7.2%. So you are promising us double digits returns for 10 years? If that were the case you would not be on the forum. You would have a line of the wealthiest individuals on the planet waiting to do business with you.[/quote]

You’re right. I can honestly do it much faster. Hell, I took a 40k investment in a house on Whitney and flipped it for 110k 6 months later. 70k in 6 months worth of weekends. Lol. Yep. I think it’s doable. My wife and I, on the side, do this annually. One house a year. If we can sell it for big profit, we do. If we can’t, it’s a rental.

An investment doesn’t have to be a stock. IRA, etc. sometimes it can be sweat equity.

I’m not warren buffets buddy. I’m a guy with a full time job that’s fun. I’m NOT a big risk taker either. This is easy money. Houses, to me, are like cattle. They are there to make money. Only thing? A TON OF GUYS don’t even know which end of a saw to hold. No big deal. I can’t do my own taxes or work a cash register. To each their own.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Boat prices??? [Re: texcajun] #13255433 08/21/19 06:43 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by texcajun
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
Originally Posted by tmd11111
There's going to be some pissed off creditors when I die.......

Or family members... Currently trying to work through all of my Mother in Laws debts, it is not fun!

Forgive my stupidity, but how did you come to get saddled with your MIL's debt? My mother owed money when she died. Since she had no estate, the debt died with her.

Death does not stop the bill collectors from trying. MIL had no estate either, some creditors are accepting the death certificate and calling it good, some are determined to get their money. We are not paying but we are still having to deal with it all. In the case of a boat, if money was owed, I assume it would just go back to the bank.

Bottom line, I try not to go into debt for toys, cars, etc. A new boat, though tempting, is out of the question for me and not because I can't afford it. I could pay cash for one today. Mine is a paid for 92 Javelin that I have fixed up and taken care of and it gets the job done. I paid 3K cash for it about 5 years ago.

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: Boat prices??? [Re: ReelSlow] #13255479 08/21/19 07:39 PM
O
Osbornfishing Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by ReelSlow
I think I'll sell my boat and rent one.

Actually this is what I often do (lol). I go to Islamorada and rent a 23' center console for about $1,400 a week. It is much cheaper than making payments on one and then I can keep my $75,000 for other activities. There are issues with renting, but there are issues with owning your own.

Re: Boat prices??? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13255735 08/22/19 12:53 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

You’re right. I can honestly do it much faster. Hell, I took a 40k investment in a house on Whitney and flipped it for 110k 6 months later. 70k in 6 months worth of weekends. Lol. Yep. I think it’s doable. My wife and I, on the side, do this annually. One house a year. If we can sell it for big profit, we do. If we can’t, it’s a rental.

An investment doesn’t have to be a stock. IRA, etc. sometimes it can be sweat equity.

I’m not warren buffets buddy. I’m a guy with a full time job that’s fun. I’m NOT a big risk taker either. This is easy money. Houses, to me, are like cattle. They are there to make money. Only thing? A TON OF GUYS don’t even know which end of a saw to hold. No big deal. I can’t do my own taxes or work a cash register. To each their own.

That sounds more like a job than an investment to me. 6 months of weekends is 48 days. 70k / 48 = 1,458 per day. 1458 / 2 ( you and your wife) = 729 each per day. Guessing about a 12 hour work day and that is 60.75 an hour. That is not accounting for closing costs, taxes, building supplies, paying any sub contractors, realtor fees, etc. Still nothing to scoff at but if I am putting in that much sweat equity, I don't consider it investing, I call it working.

Re: Boat prices??? [Re: daman] #13255761 08/22/19 01:15 AM
L
LakeTylerMan Offline
Angler
Angler
L
The premise of your thread and observations about new boats are valid. But this thread has really gone off the rails.

2024 Skeeter FXR-L, Yamy 250 SHO
Re: Boat prices??? [Re: LakeTylerMan] #13255777 08/22/19 01:33 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by LakeTylerMan
The premise of your thread and observations about new boats are valid. But this thread has really gone off the rails.

Lol, it's full blown stupid at this point.

Re: Boat prices??? [Re: daman] #13255792 08/22/19 01:47 AM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
All threads should self destruct after 3 pages,.... thumb

Re: Boat prices??? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13255965 08/22/19 11:26 AM
BassKarma Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

[/quote]

Ok. Time to put your money where you mouth is. Please contact me directly. Lets write a contarct that you are gaurenteeing to quadruple my money in 10 years. I will send you a check for 500k to start. If everything goes well, we will increase the investment substatilly every year.

Re: Boat prices??? [Re: BassKarma] #13255999 08/22/19 12:06 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

Ok. Time to put your money where you mouth is. Please contact me directly. Lets write a contarct that you are gaurenteeing to quadruple my money in 10 years. I will send you a check for 500k to start. If everything goes well, we will increase the investment substatilly every year.
[/quote]
I said I could....never said I would. I make money for myself. Why would I EVER want to make a commission vs all the profit being mine?

Get out there and do it yourself.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Boat prices??? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13256036 08/22/19 12:30 PM
BassKarma Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

[/quote]
I said I could....never said I would. I make money for myself. Why would I EVER want to make a commission vs all the profit being mine?

Get out there and do it yourself. [/quote]

Why? Becuase your original post said, "give me 44k and I will quadruple it." Im offering you 500k to quadruple. Just as another post states, its not an investment, its WORK! So, I think we can all be clear you cannot INVEST money and quaruple it in 10 years. Enjoyed the debate! Have a great weekend amigo. Don't work too hard, I'll be fishing.

Re: Boat prices??? [Re: WAWI] #13256039 08/22/19 12:33 PM
J
joebass2 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by LakeTylerMan

Lol, it's full blown stupid at this point.

Agree. It went from high boat prices to bragging about investments. Only on the TFF.

My two cents - Bass boat prices are ridiculous, especially the larger models loaded with all the 'gotta haves'. Nobody can argue that, but they are priced at what the market will bear. Spending at that level should be with discretionary funds, but sadly, many times that is not the case.

Re: Boat prices??? [Re: BassKarma] #13256243 08/22/19 03:22 PM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

Get out there and do it yourself. [/quote]

Why? Becuase your original post said, "give me 44k and I will quadruple it." Im offering you 500k to quadruple. Just as another post states, its not an investment, its WORK! So, I think we can all be clear you cannot INVEST money and quaruple it in 10 years. Enjoyed the debate! Have a great weekend amigo. Don't work too hard, I'll be fishing.
[/quote]

roflmao

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide