Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: RIP Lake McQueeny... [Re: cocodrie] #13249517 08/16/19 04:07 AM
Jimbo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
McQueeny was my favorite, but then the developers pounced and bought out the only two pay launches and restaurants on the lake.
No more public access and I was sick!
Fast forward a few years and now look who is getting sick!....Not me, I'm over it!

Just one more cast!

Re: RIP Lake McQueeny... [Re: Jimbo] #13250125 08/16/19 07:48 PM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by Jimbo
McQueeny was my favorite, but then the developers pounced and bought out the only two pay launches and restaurants on the lake.
Fast forward a few years and now look who is getting sick!....Not me, I'm over it!
I’m kinda with you on this. Hard for us to stand with you to address the issue when you did everything in your power to keep us off your lake.

Re: RIP Lake McQueeny... [Re: cocodrie] #13250183 08/16/19 08:46 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
It seems like it’s not RIP, but more like see you after awhile. Certainly they’ll rebuild the dams at some point, right?

Re: RIP Lake McQueeny... [Re: leethefishking] #13250192 08/16/19 08:58 PM
elcoyote, esq. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by leethefishking
Originally Posted by Jimbo
I’m kinda with you on this. Hard for us to stand with you to address the issue when you did everything in your power to keep us off your lake.

I feel bad for the folks on Placid and Meadow, but the McQ folks can EABOD, well, all except for a few of them.

I’m gonna miss having all of those lakes within 10 minutes of my house. Now the closest lake will be Canyon (hour and 15 min), or Choke (hour and a half). I’m considering ending the $200 per month lease on my boat barn next to the ski lodge and just moving the boat down to the coast full time.

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: RIP Lake McQueeny... [Re: H.Town_paddler] #13250200 08/16/19 09:03 PM
elcoyote, esq. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by H.Town_paddler
It seems like it’s not RIP, but more like see you after awhile. Certainly they’ll rebuild the dams at some point, right?

GBRA won’t rebuild them. They don’t have the money.

The homeowners on Placid were working on getting a POA set up that could get the financing needed to rebuild, and the owner of Rackspace owns a few hundred acres on Hwy 46, he was willing to pay for the entire rebuild out of pocket if the ramp below I-35 could be closed to the public, but TXDOT wouldn’t go for that.

I’m sure that the homeowners on McQ will try to do something along those same lines.

But, I’m 100% certain that there are tree huggers desperately searching for an endangered blind salamander near the dams that can get a lawsuit started in order to prevent a rebuild from happening.

Team wolfs

I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: RIP Lake McQueeny... [Re: elcoyote, esq.] #13250733 08/17/19 12:54 PM
Jack Daniels Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A couple of things.

Lake McQueeney is not a private lake. There is a public boat ramp. Those that know, know. In April of 1993 Guadalupe court ruled it was a public boat ramp. Can't be sold and can't be closed. You may ask why I didn't know about a public boat ramp? Same reason people don't share their honey hole location.

Yes, there are some "Richards" on the lake. Most people are very kind. So you say it's good that the lake front people are getting what they deserve. Possibly. The big picture is the local business owners will suffer. Guadalupe county will suffer. Seguin ISD will suffer. A lot of people besides lake front owners will suffer because GBRA has mismanaged the lakes and now want to drain them.

I have meet some of the people on this forum at the lake. Either at the ramp or on the lake. I've always been friendly to the fisherman and tried to make them welcomed. The current situation is not good. You can be positive or negative, you make the decision on which. I'm sure the only fisherman I will now see are the kayaks.

Have a fabulous day, unless you have other plans.

JD

"Have a good day, unless you have other plans."
Re: RIP Lake McQueeny... [Re: cocodrie] #13250736 08/17/19 01:02 PM
cocodrie Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
That POS neighborhood ramp off lake creek is no excuse for a "public ramp".

Re: RIP Lake McQueeny... [Re: cocodrie] #13250771 08/17/19 01:45 PM
U
Urban Fisher Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
Originally Posted by cocodrie

I have to agree with this. I’ve been to that ramp a few times. It is very small and dilapidated. You could only launch at best a small jon boat or kayak from it. In addition there is parking room for what, maybe 3 vehicles with a boat trailer?

Jane says I've never been in love - no
She don't know what it is
She only knows if someone wants her
Re: RIP Lake McQueeny... [Re: cocodrie] #13250780 08/17/19 01:56 PM
Jack Daniels Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Please don't use it then. It has been abused by many over the last 25 years, and none help with the upkeep. You seem to want to bitch about it and not contribute. I go to the ramp several times a week to pick up trash. I put a trash can there once hoping they would use it instead of throwing it on the ground. Yup, someone stole the trash can. I don't come here and bitch about the trash because the majority of users take care of the ramp.

If you want to improve it, come get me, I'll help. Be part of the solution not the problem. Nobody wants to help in keeping it open. So be it.

Doesn't matter since the lake will be unusable for years.

Or, will this the perfect time to get the ramp back in good condition for future use?

Re: RIP Lake McQueeny... [Re: Jack Daniels] #13250785 08/17/19 02:01 PM
F
Flyfisherman Online Content
Mama's Boy
Online Content
Mama's Boy
F
Originally Posted by Jack Daniels
Please don't use it then. It has been abused by many over the last 25 years, and none help with the upkeep. You seem to want to bitch about it and not contribute. I go to the ramp several times a week to pick up trash. I put a trash can there once hoping they would use it instead of throwing it on the ground. Yup, someone stole the trash can. I don't come here and bitch about the trash because the majority of users take care of the ramp.

If you want to improve it, come get me, I'll help. Be part of the solution not the problem. Nobody wants to help in keeping it open. So be it.

Doesn't matter since the lake will be unusable for years.

Or, will this the perfect time to get the ramp back in good condition for future use?

I was planning on dumping a few tires and a car battery at the boat ramp this afternoon. You gonna come square up?

Re: RIP Lake McQueeny... [Re: cocodrie] #13250786 08/17/19 02:06 PM
Jack Daniels Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
LOL. Please no batteries. They are harmful to the fish. Please dump the tires on the ramp and not the water. That sounds like a good way to close the ramp. Thanks for the ideas.

Re: RIP Lake McQueeny... [Re: Jack Daniels] #13250821 08/17/19 02:43 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Jack Daniels
LOL. Please no batteries. They are harmful to the fish. Please dump the tires on the ramp and not the water. That sounds like a good way to close the ramp. Thanks for the ideas.

Are you aware of how many unwanted pregnancies you are responsible for?

Re: RIP Lake McQueeny... [Re: cocodrie] #13250855 08/17/19 03:36 PM
elcoyote, esq. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by cocodrie

The Koch pipeline crossing? Yeah, if you’re launching a kayak it’s fine. Otherwise worthless

Team wolfs

Re: RIP Lake McQueeny... [Re: cocodrie] #13250862 08/17/19 03:46 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
The McQueenies shouldn’t worry
There’s probably some high powered judge and/or government officials with property there that will get GBRA to reconsider their options

[Linked Image]
Re: RIP Lake McQueeny... [Re: CCTX] #13250874 08/17/19 04:01 PM
elcoyote, esq. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by collincountytx
The McQueenies shouldn’t worry
There’s probably some high powered judge and/or government officials with property there that will get GBRA to reconsider their options

Nope. None of our judges or gubmint officials have pull like that. Our state rep tried to get a bill passed prior to session ending that would’ve funded lake Dunlap, but he got shot down. No way they will be able to get the funding for all of the dams.

Team wolfs

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide