Re: Does jig color matter? [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13223400 07/23/19 06:43 PM
N
nellie Offline
Angler
Angler
N
Originally Posted by FishingGuy
Originally Posted by Krappie-King
I take offense to this. I didn't think I was getting out fished!

I wasn’t really referring to you and your Dad, I was really taking about some of my other newbie friends, but I do think I caught more than you and your dad, but I think it is because I fish more aggressively and I have more experience with livescope and dropping jig right in front of their face.

But to settle this, we might need to bring separate clicker counters next time. grin

Oh my, I want in on this little competition but I say we take my boat since I don't have Livescope(crutch) to even the playing field and everybody pitches in $25, winner of the most fish in the boat wins it all, we take turns on the trolling motor so nobody has an excuse.

Re: Does jig color matter? [Re: nellie] #13223416 07/23/19 06:54 PM
C
CrazyCrappieGuy Online Content OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
Stop fighting the technology, Nellie. You need to up your game and get one, because getting me to fish without is not gonna happen. This technology is here to stay.

If you get livescope however, you might as well get spot lock, because your eyes will switch from staring at buoy/or maps screen to livescope screen. [Linked Image]

Re: Does jig color matter? [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13223435 07/23/19 07:04 PM
N
nellie Offline
Angler
Angler
N
Stop fighting the technology, Nellie. You need to up your game and get one, because getting me to fish without is not gonna happen. This technology is here to stay.

If you get livescope however, you might has well get spot lock as well, because your eyes will switch from staring at buoy/or maps screen to livescope screen. [Linked Image]

Considering every time we are on the lake the same day fishing I catch a 2-3 man limit in half the time it takes you to catch a limit I will stick with my old ways of regular sonar/GPS/ and orange bouys for right now.

The day you catch your limit in half the time it takes me I will convert but until then it ain't happening.

Honestly it is pretty cool but I think it causes most people to stare at a screen trying to get fish to bite that are not active or not crappie. I like the thrill of trying to figure out the depth and presentation, not into watching a screen and trying to put a jig directly in front of a fishes mouth. I was never into video games and not going to start now.

My cousin has Livescope also and he tells me how it's cool but he wastes a lot of time watching fish that are not biting, he thinks he caught them a lot better without it because he went from spot to spot and caught active fish instead of wasting time now because he sees fish on a tree that will not bite.

Just giving you a hard time as usual, do what works best for you.

Last edited by nellie; 07/23/19 07:06 PM.
Re: Does jig color matter? [Re: nellie] #13223456 07/23/19 07:21 PM
K
Krappie-King Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Originally Posted by nellie

I wasn’t really referring to you and your Dad, I was really taking about some of my other newbie friends, but I do think I caught more than you and your dad, but I think it is because I fish more aggressively and I have more experience with livescope and dropping jig right in front of their face.

But to settle this, we might need to bring separate clicker counters next time. grin

Oh my, I want in on this little competition but I say we take my boat since I don't have Livescope(crutch) to even the playing field and everybody pitches in $25, winner of the most fish in the boat wins it all, we take turns on the trolling motor so nobody has an excuse.

I think this is a great idea. I would 100% be down to fish in the same boat, but there's no way your getting @Fishinguy away from the Livescope.

I'd be willing to take that bet, but we should do 2 boats, have a time limit (3 hours), and the biggest 10 crappie total weight wins. I always like taking money from aggies. popcorn2

Re: Does jig color matter? [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13223457 07/23/19 07:21 PM
C
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
You get your limit faster than me because you fish better spots, bigger structure, and a lot more fish on each spot. Where I’m fishing a lot of spots you have said yourself you would not mess with.

That is the thing with livescope, you fish hard spots. It’s like a new technology to find oil in hard to get places.

Re: Does jig color matter? [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13223461 07/23/19 07:26 PM
S
slabnut Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I really believe the size of your jig is more important than color. Just my opinion based on my experiences.

Re: Does jig color matter? [Re: Krappie-King] #13223479 07/23/19 07:37 PM
N
nellie Offline
Angler
Angler
N

I think this is a great idea. I would 100% be down to fish in the same boat, but there's no way your getting @Fishinguy away from the Livescope.

I'd be willing to take that bet, but we should do 2 boats, have a time limit (3 hours), and the biggest 10 crappie total weight wins. I always like taking money from aggies. popcorn2

Name the time and day anytime, make it worth my while though, Livescope against old school, I'm in. We fish for two hours only, 10 fish stringer, $100 per boat and Guy can even use minnows!

And Guy those places you fish is all I fished last week because of the wind and did very well, I fish that part of the lake when the wind is high and always limit out there as well but since you like to fish there now I go elsewhere to give that area to you.

Re: Does jig color matter? [Re: nellie] #13223490 07/23/19 07:47 PM
C
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
That place you gave me that pink jig, I have not fished that area since. I pretty much fish new spots every time I go out, and now I fish Fork, so I will be catching bigger fish than you. [Linked Image]

Re: Does jig color matter? [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13223499 07/23/19 07:54 PM
N
nellie Offline
Angler
Angler
N
That place you gave me that pink jig, I have not fished that area since. I pretty much fish new spots every time I go out, and now I fish Fork, so I will be catching bigger fish than you. [Linked Image]

I'm game, same terms and deal on Lake Fork competition. Name the day, I used to spend a lot of time on Fork several years ago, I'm sure the trees and fish have not changed much.

Re: Does jig color matter? [Re: nellie] #13223573 07/23/19 08:59 PM
K
Krappie-King Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K

I'm game, same terms and deal on Lake Fork competition. Name the day, I used to spend a lot of time on Fork several years ago, I'm sure the trees and fish have not changed much.

I'm in for either lake. You can keep those pink jigs though, that's some fruity stuff. I'll be on Texoma this weekend, but anytime after I'll take your money grin

Re: Does jig color matter? [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13223582 07/23/19 09:06 PM
G
Gdoggy Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
G

You may have caught more fish but I definitely had more clicks than you...…….
roflmao

Re: Does jig color matter? [Re: Gdoggy] #13223601 07/23/19 09:22 PM
C
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by Gdoggy

You may have caught more fish but I definitely had more clicks than you...…….
roflmao

I think I caught bigger fish too...

[Linked Image]

Re: Does jig color matter? [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13223611 07/23/19 09:28 PM
G
Gdoggy Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
G
Nice Photoshop Guy. How'd you switch fish? noidea

Re: Does jig color matter? [Re: Gdoggy] #13223624 07/23/19 09:39 PM
K
Krappie-King Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Originally Posted by Gdoggy
Nice Photoshop Guy. How'd you switch fish? noidea

I told @Fishinguy to quit taking selfies with my fish out of the cooler.

Re: Does jig color matter? [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13223647 07/23/19 10:05 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
stir

So everyone who believes color doesn't matter only has one jig color in the boat?
And you fish that jig all 12 months of the year?
Water clarity doesn't matter, whether it's coffee brown or gin clear, still fish that same jig?

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide