Forums59
Topics1,039,295
Posts13,962,404
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Ever thought we could mass feed Bass? [Re: senko9S] #13189961 06/19/19 11:21 AM
S
soje Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by senko9S
some of yall are so naïve...

Who specifically? How so in this case?

Last edited by soje; 06/19/19 11:26 AM.

like the man says...if you're swimming in the ocean and get bitten by a shark, its not a shark attack. You're in THEIR neighborhood. If you're at home in your shower, turn around and a shark is in there with you...THAT'S a shark attack
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Ever thought we could mass feed Bass? [Re: soje] #13189975 06/19/19 11:42 AM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Vast amounts of forage is only one small piece of the puzzle to growing giant bass. Forage. Genetics. Climate. Water chemistry. Lake structure. Oxygen levels. Culling. Weed density/type, other fish species in the lake. Just to name a few things. Even in a private lake, there is a very fine line between getting all those ducks in a row and just throwing 100 dollar bills into the water.

Many have tried, few have gotten the results they hopped for. Mike Frazier (Camelot Bell) and Dr. Schwarz (La Perla) have gotten farther than most. Neither have produced fish that have WR potential. (We can argue about whether any have flirted with the state record). In any case, in my opinion, Texas just does not have the *climate to grow 19lb+ bass. It's too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. It shortens their life span and growing season just enough to make the math not work out.

*If some oil billionaire wanted to do it, it might be possible with a lake that was cooled in the summer and heated in the winter. The closer they keep the temps to 70-75 degrees the better the chances.

Last edited by Jpurdue; 06/19/19 11:46 AM.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Ever thought we could mass feed Bass? [Re: Jpurdue] #13189977 06/19/19 11:46 AM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Vast amounts of forage is only one small piece of the puzzle to growing giant bass. Forage. Genetics. Climate. Water chemistry. Lake structure. Oxygen levels. Culling. Weed density/type, other fish species in the lake. Just to name a few things. Even in a private lake, there is a very fine line between getting all those ducks in a row and just throwing 100 dollar bills into the water.

Many have tried, few have gotten the results they hopped for. Mike Frazier (Camelot Bell) and Dr. Schwarz (La Perla) have gotten farther than most. Neither have produced fish that have WR potential. (We can argue about whether any have flirted with the state record). In any case, in my opinion, Texas just does not have the climate to grow 19lb+ bass. It's too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. It shortens their life span and growing season just enough to make the math not work out.

I agree Josh. Takes a lot more than just digging a hole in your backyard and stocking it with bluegills & bass.

Re: Ever thought we could mass feed Bass? [Re: Ken A.] #13190135 06/19/19 02:48 PM
S
soje Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by Ken A.

Many have tried, few have gotten the results they hopped for. Mike Frazier (Camelot Bell) and Dr. Schwarz (La Perla) have gotten farther than most. Neither have produced fish that have WR potential. (We can argue about whether any have flirted with the state record). In any case, in my opinion, Texas just does not have the climate to grow 19lb+ bass. It's too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. It shortens their life span and growing season just enough to make the math not work out.

I agree Josh. Takes a lot more than just digging a hole in your backyard and stocking it with bluegills & bass.

I too agree. THose are some of the plethora of other issues I was referring to initially. Wish we could make a Texas trout.

like the man says...if you're swimming in the ocean and get bitten by a shark, its not a shark attack. You're in THEIR neighborhood. If you're at home in your shower, turn around and a shark is in there with you...THAT'S a shark attack
Re: Ever thought we could mass feed Bass? [Re: soje] #13190533 06/19/19 09:31 PM
Outdoordude Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by soje
Originally Posted by Ken A.

I too agree. THose are some of the plethora of other issues I was referring to initially. Wish we could make a Texas trout.

Now there's an idea for a massive grant proposal haha. Heat and low dissolved oxygen tolerant rainbow trout, what a treat that would be.

Scott Jones
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide