D
Dan_n_Texas Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
D
Report Submitted: 6-9-19

DATES: 2 – 9 June 2019

Wow what a great week to fish beautiful Lake Fork. The water temperatures are in the lower 80’s and the water clarity over most of the week is stained. However, the water clarity is getting better day by day. The Bass fishing was outstanding this week. There were three good patterns to catch Bass on this week. The first is the Carolina rig. We used a Buddy’s Custom Baits from here at Lake Fork watermelon/candy/red Boss Hog with dyed chartreuse dyed tails on the Carolina rig in 18 foot of water. The second pattern was the Boss Hog rigged on a ¼-ounce shaky head jig. You had to move the shaky head jig extremely slow with very little movement. Our best shaky head bite came in 6 foot of water. The third pattern was the chartreuse/pumpkin Zoom trick worm with a nail in the head fished wacky style. With the air temperatures reaching the upper 80’s and the lower 90’s every day make sure you stay hydrated. Drink a lot of water!

The Crappie fishing picked up this week. The chartreuse Bubba’s Bait 1/8 ounce Crappie jig did the trick most of the week. There were a couple of day’s we needed to tip the Crappie jig with a minnow. We found them in 22 to 24 foot of water on brush piles and around the 515 bridges.

The White Bass fishing slowed down this week. They are still on the main lake humps and on old sharp creek bends. The best bait this week for the White Bass was the Joe Spaits white and black Flashtail jigging spoon.

The Catfish anglers had a good week. They went back to punch bait in 18 foot of water on main creek brush piles and old trees that was baited.

John Morris
Fishing Report by Lake Fork Guide John Morris

********************************************************************************

James Caldemeyer's Lake Fork Trophy Bass Fishing Report June 7, 2019

June means SUMMERTIME big bass fishing and fun on Lake Fork! With the kids out of school and beautiful weather, it’s a great opportunity to get them out on the lake for some quality fishing. This time of year is a lot of fun and lots of big fish are caught as bass move into their summer patterns after the spawn. They’re hungry, aggressive, and fight hard!

The water conditions are stabilizing on the lake as we’ve had lots of rain this year and have kept the flood gates open regularly. Water levels have been consistently hovering at or just above full pool. The water temperatures are ranging in the upper 70’s to low 80’s mark. Despite all the rain this year, the water clarity in a lot of areas is beginning to improve. Also, there are many new areas in the major creeks that have shown an increase in vegetation. Lots of fish have been clinging to this new shallow cover as well.

The shallow bite in the mornings and evenings has still remained consistent. The shad are finishing up their spawn but can be found early on windy banks and the bass are close by. Topwater lures like the Berkley Choppo and J-Walker in white or shad colors have been explosive. When these bass are reluctant to bite the topwaters I am switching to the 3:16 Lure Co 5” Rising Son. The big ones love this little bait. Around timber the Berkley Square Bull 5.5 or 7.5 is great. I will try to bounce this crankbait off the stumps for reaction bites. Best colors are Gilly and Sexier Shad. If you’re in an area with lots of grass, you’ll want to pick up a swim jig. A Santone Lures 5/16 oz swim jig is hard to beat. I am using my custom “JC’s Spicy Craw” and “Pakes Perch” colors and adding a Berkley Chigger Craw as a trailer. These fish in the grass are loading up on bream right now so this makes the perfect offering.

The deep bite is going strong right now too! I’m targeting them a few different ways in a multitude of areas. The fish are on mid-depth areas early and late in the day as its cooler. Targeting 12-18 feet has been best. Points, roads, humps, and bridges have been best. Carolina rigs are great with a 1 oz Elite Tungsten weight and a 4-5 foot leader. I’m throwing a Berkley Power Lizard on the back in green pumpkin. These big postspawn bass love it! Another great big fish bait is a Santone Lures football jig. In these depths I will use a 5/8 oz and out deeper 3/4 oz. Best colors are JC’s Spicy Craw, Pakes Perch, PB&J, or Mexican Heather. The fish will move out to deeper water as it warms up in the day and gets hot. Then I start looking at the same types of deep structure areas in 18-28 feet. Some of these early postspawners can be suspended out in the depths so a deep diving crankbait like the Berkley Dredger get the nod. I’m using a 7’6” Ike Series Winch cranking rod with an Abu Garcia Revo Winch reel to get it down to them. I really like the new Berkley Fusion hooks on these baits for keeping them hooked well and getting the big ones in the boat. When I see the bass congregated on the bottom with my Garmin graphs, another great bait for targeting them is the plain ole fashioned Texas rigged big worm. Hard to beat a 10” Berkley Powerworm on a 3/8-1/2 oz weight with a 5/0 hook. I also like to throw a Berkley Powerbait Magnum Bottom Hopper on a shaky head this time of year. Blue fleck, green pumpkin, watermelon red magic, and June bug are great colors. Dragging it around these deep areas will yield big bites from big bass looking for a big meal! Another great bait on the other end of the spectrum is a drop shot rig. When the bass are finicky or you’re looking for those just the right sized tournament fish, the drop shot will get it done. I rig mine with 10 lb test on an Abu Garcia Villain spinning rod and a 1/0 hook with a ¼ oz weight. The Berkley 4” Bottom Hopper worm is all you need for the ultimate finesse rig that still catches giants.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Tight Lines and God Bless,
James Caldemeyer

On average, your heart beats 100,000 times a day. One day, one of those heartbeats will be your last. Then what?

The answer is found in Jesus Christ who said "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Re: Lake Fork Fishing Reports (different sources) [Re: Dan_n_Texas] #13187287 06/16/19 01:24 PM
TajChauvin Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
Great report Dan and in the proper section.

Last edited by TajChauvin; 06/16/19 01:25 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide