Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Fishing Etiquette [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13122083 04/13/19 03:24 PM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

I have not. However I have not had much of a problem with bass boats in open water. Mainly because I try to stay out of open water as much as I can.

My issues is more like in coves, cuts, pockets etc. they will fish right around you and keep on going down the bank as if you were nothing but a stump. That is not all of them some will give you way as if you were another bass boat but half will act as if you are not there.

They are good compared to the pleasure boaters though. Basically if you have a row of speakers on a tower on a boat you are dick head and only care about yourself...to include not being concerned with anyones safety. Forget about etiquette they dont worry about basic safety of others.

Then no excuse for that behavior. I thought you were talking open water and I just know that I have had some close calls there at times with the kayaks especially when you don't expect one to be in that area.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Fishing Etiquette [Re: Sinkey] #13122084 04/13/19 03:24 PM
Gungle Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Sinkey
Happens everyday at Fork.

I fished Fork a couple times and that's all it took, life,s too short for that BS! No mas.......

Cheers, cheers

George

Re: Fishing Etiquette [Re: Bass Junkie] #13123022 04/14/19 02:16 PM
TX Rig Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Do unto others as you would have them do to you. My father was a good example, he always made sure he didn't crowd other boats or run through where they were fishing. He had me running the boat when I was 9 years old. This is how we learn to be respectful of others, this applies to everyday living. The would needs more good examples for the rest of us to learn from.

Tx Rig-Stats
Bassmasters Lunker Club 10.5# 3/08
Mad Dog 1st HS/BB 9.25# 9/08
DPT 2nd HS 15.5# 3/10
JCO 1st HS/BB 8.25# 6/10
LFBB BB 8.25# 6/10
DPT 4th HS 22.9# 3/2011
DPT 3rd HS 22.27# 4/14
DPT 4th HS 11.43# 4/16
VFE 3rd HS 4.80# 8/16
DPT 1st HS 15.17# 4/17
DPT 3rd HS 13.63# 4/18
VFE 2nd HS 8.0# 4/18
VFE 3rd HS 8.77# 5/18
DPS 1st BB/HS 5/19
Re: Fishing Etiquette [Re: Bass Junkie] #13123179 04/14/19 04:32 PM
1bassdaddy Offline
Angler
Angler
A really good friend of mine who is a proficient tournament bass fisherman and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet frequently makes me uncomfortable with how close he is willing to put his boat next to other boats when we fish together. It's like he is completely oblivious to the glares and mumblings of the other fishermen as we close the distance. I'm a guest on his boat but I still feel compelled to ask him to give guys more cushion. He thinks 25 yards is plenty and I think we should be 50+ yards away. He defends his position by saying that if we leave more than 50 yards of space someone will come along and split the distance. It's a lot like how my wife attempts to defend her tailgating habit.

Re: Fishing Etiquette [Re: Bass Junkie] #13123220 04/14/19 05:05 PM
H
Hog Jaw Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
H
It used to bother me , not anymore , I just relocate , blood pressure gets up and I stay mad if I dont . It also happens on the week days .

Re: Fishing Etiquette [Re: Bass Junkie] #13123368 04/14/19 07:58 PM
K
krazy kris Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Just wait for all the wakeboard boats and jet fleas really get started. I did snag me a nice life jacket last year with my Ol ugly I keep rigged up on the deck when I have to fish the weekends or summer time. My wife and I went to the south end of PK to fish and it was nice and calm we get 2 casts in and a wakeboard boat comes within 25 ft of us with their bags full and swamps my boat water comes over the deck and my boat sits way up out of the water. They all start laughing and spin around to do it again and I fired that Ol ugly into their boat and set the hook like I was trying to rip one of them A holes out. They start screaming and yelling at me with all the yos and bros I told them if they wanted some I'd give them all they could handle but they just kept on going and I'm sure glad cause I probably would have got whooped! And they were playing some techno [censored] and ain't nobody want to get beat to techno.

Re: Fishing Etiquette [Re: Bass Junkie] #13123436 04/14/19 09:22 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
roflmao

Re: Fishing Etiquette [Re: krazy kris] #13123439 04/14/19 09:26 PM
C
CedarCreekBassAngler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted by krazy kris
Just wait for all the wakeboard boats and jet fleas really get started. I did snag me a nice life jacket last year with my Ol ugly I keep rigged up on the deck when I have to fish the weekends or summer time. My wife and I went to the south end of PK to fish and it was nice and calm we get 2 casts in and a wakeboard boat comes within 25 ft of us with their bags full and swamps my boat water comes over the deck and my boat sits way up out of the water. They all start laughing and spin around to do it again and I fired that Ol ugly into their boat and set the hook like I was trying to rip one of them A holes out. They start screaming and yelling at me with all the yos and bros I told them if they wanted some I'd give them all they could handle but they just kept on going and I'm sure glad cause I probably would have got whooped! And they were playing some techno [censored] and ain't nobody want to get beat to techno.

That was a good laugh, good to give those damn wakeboard boats a piece of our minds every once in awhile

Re: Fishing Etiquette [Re: Bass Junkie] #13123508 04/14/19 11:07 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Man if some of you guys think 50 yards or so is to close you ought to try Crappie fishing! Twice I have had guys pull up on the same bridge pillar as me in recent years. LOL! First time things got heated and the second time it was just a old man in a pontoon who was super friendly but clueless as to what he had done so I just moved some place else.

The best one happened on Ray Hubbard when I was Sandbass fishing. I had a marker thrown out on a hump littered with Sandbass. I was the only boat in sight and just flat catching them like crazy. I saw a guy cruise by kinda slow so I put the rod down and acted like I wasn't catching anything. Next thing I know he kills the engine and trolls right up next to me so close I could poke him with my rod all while looking the other way and refusing to acknowledge I even exist. He had a young kid in the boat so I bit my lip and they left without catching a thing. I then picked up where I left off catching them every cast.

Re: Fishing Etiquette [Re: Bass Junkie] #13123511 04/14/19 11:17 PM
Notaguide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Its all about me brah

Re: Fishing Etiquette [Re: krazy kris] #13123549 04/14/19 11:52 PM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by krazy kris

Yeap, getting your _ss kicked to techno would definitely suck.
boxing

Bass Cat Eyra
Re: Fishing Etiquette [Re: Bass Junkie] #13123641 04/15/19 01:24 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
I lost it at the boat ramp today. I waited for a bass tracker to launch. So I could beach my boat and get the trailer. Finally, he left out and I pulled up and went to go get my trailer. All of a sudden, another one of these tin-boat-bass-tracker-onky fish twice a year dorks comes flying in to the parking lot. He cuts me off and starts back that POS down the damp. I politely told him and his hill billy partner to get that POS outta my way and I was next. Told him REAL BOAT GUYS get their boats ready to go before backing down the ramp. I was surprised I didnt get MY [censored] kicked on that one. I was yelling and as mad as Ive been in weeks. Cussing at em. Haha. They put their Chevy in drive and left. They circled around the lot until I had my boat strapped and was fixing to pull out the parking lot. Then they pulled in and started unstrapping their boat.

Glad they didnt call my bluff. Lol

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Fishing Etiquette [Re: Bass Junkie] #13123869 04/15/19 12:48 PM
J
jbw3 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Personally i think more people need their a&& whipped. When i grew up there were consequences for your actions. Heck if Dad didn't keep you in line it was quite possible a stranger in the grocery store would do it for him. Today...people act entitled and unfortunately probably need a good tail kicking.
"i won't tolerate rude behavior in a man." Captain Woodrow Mccall

Re: Fishing Etiquette [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13123870 04/15/19 12:51 PM
T
teambassmanager Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
I lost it at the boat ramp today. I waited for a bass tracker to launch. So I could beach my boat and get the trailer. Finally, he left out and I pulled up and went to go get my trailer. All of a sudden, another one of these tin-boat-bass-tracker-onky fish twice a year dorks comes flying in to the parking lot. He cuts me off and starts back that POS down the damp. I politely told him and his hill billy partner to get that POS outta my way and I was next. Told him REAL BOAT GUYS get their boats ready to go before backing down the ramp. I was surprised I didnt get MY [censored] kicked on that one. I was yelling and as mad as Ive been in weeks. Cussing at em. Haha. They put their Chevy in drive and left. They circled around the lot until I had my boat strapped and was fixing to pull out the parking lot. Then they pulled in and started unstrapping their boat.

I wish you were talking to me like that.. popcorn

Last edited by dock30tv; 04/15/19 12:51 PM.

Bass Manager Staff 🎣
Live Action 24/7 🎥
⬇️⬇️ SIGN UP FREE ⬇️⬇️
"ᴀ sᴏᴄɪᴀʟ ɴᴇᴛᴡᴏʀᴋ ғᴏʀ
 ᴀᴠɪᴅ ʙᴀss ғɪsʜᴇʀᴍᴇɴ"
www.bassmanager.com
Re: Fishing Etiquette [Re: teambassmanager] #13123873 04/15/19 12:54 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by dock30tv
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I wish you were talking to me like that.. popcorn

Eh....go catch a DD and carry a scale this time. Hows that?
bolt

Just kiddin.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide