Forums59
Topics1,039,302
Posts13,962,547
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Tell us about the boat you HATED the most! [Re: Clark3] #13085842 03/08/19 01:13 PM
crowsie14 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Clark3
Originally Posted by Fish2222
Originally Posted by Clark3
07 bass cat, spent more time at the bass cat factory than on the lake. Glad they bought it back

Never....ever...heard that before.
Sometimes I wonder if we just expect a boat & all it's parts to last forever.
I'm a firm believer that if you are not at least a little handy, and fairly observant, you should not own a bass boat.
And yes, I know a few who don't qualify.

What? It was 4 years old. All boat manufacturers make mistakes sometimes

I had an 08 Bass Cat same issues spent a while at the factory for some stringer issues/ fiberglass and was out close to 6 months of fishing- same time period they were selling out to Correct craft

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Tell us about the boat you HATED the most! [Re: Brutaldudeski] #13085850 03/08/19 01:21 PM
361V Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Tidecraft Wildfire 150. Love/hate relationship. Loved it: 1st brand new boat purchased from U S Sports(Fun & Sun Hurst location). Very fishable. Really fast. Over 70mph on a lightweight chine walking 17 hull with a Mariner Mag 3 150hp strapped to the back. Hated it: garage kept boat and within a couple years the transom became weak. You could grab the lower unit and flex the whole transom. POS

Re: Tell us about the boat you HATED the most! [Re: SC-001] #13085851 03/08/19 01:23 PM
B
Beast From The East Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Legend LE-195
Originally Posted by Beast From The East

My partner bough a brand new 2016 legend v20 that turned out to be a lemon. It was the roughest riding wettest sob Ive ever rode in. They brought it back to the factory and come to find out some how someone sprayed 400lbs too much glass on the rear of the hull.

Have to give Randy Qualls props, he made it right and delivered him a new 2017 v20.

One of the many V20, V21 issues that sunk the company

The new one rides like a Cadillac and is very dry. I was skeptical but it is night and day different.

Re: Tell us about the boat you HATED the most! [Re: Brutaldudeski] #13085869 03/08/19 01:41 PM
Fishinfellow Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
My first boat was a 2001 Duracraft 19 foot aluminum boat with a Yamaha 150 on the back. It's sides were completely flat and it was basically a V-hull, anything over 10-15 mph wind was a back breaking ride! And the front of the bow sat so high out of the water, I had a 60" shaft on my trolling motor. The hull split open and I had it repaired, then it split open again about 2 months later and the shop repaired it again under warranty and as soon as I picked it back up I listed it that night. Also had a couple of exceptionally bad trailer experiences, hubs blew out and tires when flying. Learned a lot about working on boats, motors, trailers and upkeep though. I swear I caught more and bigger fish in that boat than any one after. Also, owned it for 4 years and besides cleaning out the carb and a tune up right when I bought it, never touched the Yamaha and it ran like a scalded dog.

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: Tell us about the boat you HATED the most! [Re: Brutaldudeski] #13086136 03/08/19 04:39 PM
A
Allen Bass Fisher Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
A
Not my boat but I fished out of my buddies 18' Triton called the "Texas Tornado" many times. Wettest, roughest riding boat I've ever been on. Would beat the cra* out of you in even a slight chop. I think the cockpit was too far forward or something. He finally sold it and got a 19' skeeter. Much nicer ride.

Re: Tell us about the boat you HATED the most! [Re: Brutaldudeski] #13086157 03/08/19 04:56 PM
T
Tuff Hooker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Every wake boat that has ever been built and sold to some idiot that thinks he has to run within 30 yards of a guy in a bass boat who is trying to enjoy his day without falling off the boat from the wake. Does that count????? Lol

Tuff Hooker Customs
Ranger Z 521 VX (real Ranger)

www.rangerboats.com
www.tightlinespft.com
www.genyhitch.com
Re: Tell us about the boat you HATED the most! [Re: Brutaldudeski] #13086174 03/08/19 05:06 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
I've never had a boat I hated. Beginning with my 12' jon boat all the way through my FX21 and everything in between. Loved every one of them.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Tell us about the boat you HATED the most! [Re: Tuff Hooker] #13086177 03/08/19 05:08 PM
361V Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by john13usi
Every wake boat that has ever been built and sold to some idiot that thinks he has to run within 30 yards of a guy in a bass boat who is trying to enjoy his day without falling off the boat from the wake. Does that count????? Lol
I think he was talking about YOUR boat.....but I understand!
laugh

Re: Tell us about the boat you HATED the most! [Re: Tuff Hooker] #13086185 03/08/19 05:13 PM
O
Oldrabbit Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
O
Originally Posted by john13usi

It get my vote.

Re: Tell us about the boat you HATED the most! [Re: Brutaldudeski] #13086191 03/08/19 05:16 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
About 40 years ago I was a young airman station at Carswell AFB that sits on the southside of Lake Fork.
One of my buddies had heard that folks were catching tons of crappies in the reeds that were on all the shorelines around the lake.
We decided that we needed to get in on that action. There was a recreation center on base that had all types of sports equipment that
could be signed out. We got us a canoe ! Neither of us had ever even been in a canoe. I think we tipped that canoe about 5 times.
Lucky we never got in water over 3-4 feet deep. We didn't catch any crappie. I hate that canoe, bang

Re: Tell us about the boat you HATED the most! [Re: Brutaldudeski] #13086235 03/08/19 05:50 PM
I
I'm The Dude Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I
My buddy Chads Gambler, used to borrow it if my little boat couldnt handle the conditions. Something went wrong or broke EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I used it.

Heres an example:
[Linked Image]

Re: Tell us about the boat you HATED the most! [Re: Brutaldudeski] #13086250 03/08/19 06:01 PM
R
RKT Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
R
1989 Skeeter SK 1700. The boat was completely covered in spidercracks all over both sides. Skeeter fixed it once but it didn't help. The transom rotted out when the boat was only about 5 years old. Spent a few thousand to get that fixed and then the hull separated from the stringers within another year. Not to mention it may have been the ugliest model bass boat ever produced.

Re: Tell us about the boat you HATED the most! [Re: JIM SR.] #13086305 03/08/19 06:49 PM
Fish Killer Offline
Big Sexy
Big Sexy
Originally Posted by JIM SR.
About 40 years ago I was a young airman station at Carswell AFB that sits on the southside of Lake Fork.
One of my buddies had heard that folks were catching tons of crappies in the reeds that were on all the shorelines around the lake.
We decided that we needed to get in on that action. There was a recreation center on base that had all types of sports equipment that
could be signed out. We got us a canoe ! Neither of us had ever even been in a canoe. I think we tipped that canoe about 5 times.
Lucky we never got in water over 3-4 feet deep. We didn't catch any crappie. I hate that canoe, bang

Don't ya mean Lake Worth......

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: Tell us about the boat you HATED the most! [Re: Brutaldudeski] #13086323 03/08/19 07:14 PM
M. Alexander Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
My pops had a really nice Skeeter that I barely remember as a little kid. Lean times & a growing family forced him to sell and it was replaced with 16' tri-hull with a 50 horse 'Rude. I'm very thankful for it as it got us on the water. You can't put a value on the memories and knowledge gained it in, but man that thing was a cursed POS, lol! Here's a list of some of the mishaps I had with that sumbeech once I was old enough to start taking it out my own. All of these events occurred within a six year period up to 1998 if I'm recalling correctly:

-- Caught in a freak storm on Ray Roberts...having to navigate through standing timber with 4' footers and sideways rain beating against your face as an inexperienced 16 yo boater will never be forgotten.
-- Buddy got it jackknifed in a ditch late one night during a weekend camping trip at Fork. This was after midnight, in the early-90s...no cell phones. Can't remember why I stayed behind in camp while he went out, but he was gone for a few hours & I started to worry. He finally shows up and tells me what happened. He had to trek a good distance and wake some guy up to pull it out with a tractor.
-- Trailer absolutely sucked, unless the water was like glass and you were really lucky that day, you'd have to get in the water and guide it on. That was fun in late winter/early Spring.
-- I got rear ended while towing it, causing all manner of disaster, but eventually got fixed.
-- I shared this story before on here... axle snapped crossing the tracks on the way to ramp at Ray Bob...threw the damn boat off the trailer into the ditch on the side of the road. Took about six or seven good samaritan fisherman to load it on a flatbed of a guy that kindly offered to haul back home while we had the trailer in the bed of our truck...
-- In college, had some engine trouble the day before a tournament at Big Sam. My partner and I were very inexperienced outboard mechanics, but we decided to tear into anyway. His garage looked like a Transformer exploded, and we determined it was bad water pump. Can't remember how, but we somehow managed to locate one and change it. We got it it all back together and went fishing next day. She ran fine, but Forward was now Reverse and vice versa, lol! Oh, and I fell in the water that day...in February.
-- One summer day I thought I'd try to impress this uppity, rich girl with a romantic picnic on the lake. We got stuck on a stump. I tried to rock it back and forth while grabbing the steering wheel with both hands for leverage...it broke off in my hands, lol. I don't think I had another date with that gal.

There's probably some stuff I missing, but these were the first things to come to mind.

Mark
Re: Tell us about the boat you HATED the most! [Re: M. Alexander] #13086341 03/08/19 07:37 PM
K
kellisag Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Originally Posted by M. Alexander
My pops had a really nice Skeeter that I barely remember as a little kid. Lean times & a growing family forced him to sell and it was replaced with 16' tri-hull with a 50 horse 'Rude. I'm very thankful for it as it got us on the water. You can't put a value on the memories and knowledge gained it in, but man that thing was a cursed POS, lol! Here's a list of some of the mishaps I had with that sumbeech once I was old enough to start taking it out my own. All of these events occurred within a six year period up to 1998 if I'm recalling correctly:

-- Caught in a freak storm on Ray Roberts...having to navigate through standing timber with 4' footers and sideways rain beating against your face as an inexperienced 16 yo boater will never be forgotten.
-- Buddy got it jackknifed in a ditch late one night during a weekend camping trip at Fork. This was after midnight, in the early-90s...no cell phones. Can't remember why I stayed behind in camp while he went out, but he was gone for a few hours & I started to worry. He finally shows up and tells me what happened. He had to trek a good distance and wake some guy up to pull it out with a tractor.
-- Trailer absolutely sucked, unless the water was like glass and you were really lucky that day, you'd have to get in the water and guide it on. That was fun in late winter/early Spring.
-- I got rear ended while towing it, causing all manner of disaster, but eventually got fixed.
-- I shared this story before on here... axle snapped crossing the tracks on the way to ramp at Ray Bob...threw the damn boat off the trailer into the ditch on the side of the road. Took about six or seven good samaritan fisherman to load it on a flatbed of a guy that kindly offered to haul back home while we had the trailer in the bed of our truck...
-- In college, had some engine trouble the day before a tournament at Big Sam. My partner and I were very inexperienced outboard mechanics, but we decided to tear into anyway. His garage looked like a Transformer exploded, and we determined it was bad water pump. Can't remember how, but we somehow managed to locate one and change it. We got it it all back together and went fishing next day. She ran fine, but Forward was now Reverse and vice versa, lol! Oh, and I fell in the water that day...in February.
-- One summer day I thought I'd try to impress this uppity, rich girl with a romantic picnic on the lake. We got stuck on a stump. I tried to rock it back and forth while grabbing the steering wheel with both hands for leverage...it broke off in my hands, lol. I don't think I had another date with that gal.

There's probably some stuff I missing, but these were the first things to come to mind.

You win!

I am in the crowd that can't say I ever hated a boat. I wouldn't want to go back to any of the old ones except I wouldn't mind having the old express back to use in rivers/creeks. They weren't all pretty but they got me on the water.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide