Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: RIP Billy Dyson [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13031744 01/16/19 07:36 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
We laid our friend Billy to rest yesterday. He was surrounded by family, friends and his TFF family.

I've finished life's chores assigned to me,
So put me on a boat headed out to sea.
Please send along my fishing pole
For I've been invited to the fishin' hole.

Where every day is a day to fish,
To fill your heart with every wish.
Don't worry, or feel sad for me,
I'm fishin' with the Master of the sea.

We will miss each other for a while,
But you will come and bring your smile.
That won't be long you will see,
Till we're together you and me.

To all of those that think of me,
Be happy as I go out to sea.
If others wonder why I'm missin'
Just tell 'em I've gone fishin'

Thank you JP. That brought me some comfort.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: RIP Billy Dyson [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13031787 01/16/19 08:12 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Gone fishin.....indeed.... Billy was a fisher of men

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: RIP Billy Dyson [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13031917 01/16/19 10:35 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content OP
the janitor
OP Online Content
the janitor
J
As many of you know, Billy was a moderator here on the TFF for many years. I try to host moderator get togethers twice a year. Billy made most of them. He always made an entrance. The door would swing open and we would all yell BILLY and get up to shake his hand and give him a hug, then we we went back to visiting and maybe drinking a few cold beers. Billy usually lasted until 8 or 9pm, then he would, a lot of times, just disappear. I mean he was notorious for it, so much so that we all gave him grief about it. Most of the guys stay Friday and Saturday night, but never Billy. He would come by Friday or Saturday and sometimes both days, but he never spent the night. He had to get home to his wife Kay.

I don't know why I'm telling this. It just stands out to me for some reason. That man really loved his wife. He loved hanging with us guys, but Kay was his best friend and the love of his life. Y'all who know her be sure and check in on her often. We feel loss, but she walked with him every day. Living life with such a big soul leaves a big space to fill.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: RIP Billy Dyson [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13031926 01/16/19 10:42 PM
R
Ranger1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
As many of you know, Billy was a moderator here on the TFF for many years. I try to host moderator get togethers twice a year. Billy made most of them. He always made an entrance. The door would swing open and we would all yell BILLY and get up to shake his hand and give him a hug, then we we went back to visiting and maybe drinking a few cold beers. Billy usually lasted until 8 or 9pm, then he would, a lot of times, just disappear. I mean he was notorious for it, so much so that we all gave him grief about it. Most of the guys stay Friday and Saturday night, but never Billy. He would come by Friday or Saturday and sometimes both days, but he never spent the night. He had to get home to his wife Kay.

I don't know why I'm telling this. It just stands out to me for some reason. That man really loved his wife. He loved hanging with us guys, but Kay was his best friend and the love of his life. Y'all who know her be sure and check in on her often. We feel loss, but she walked with him every day. Living life with such a big soul leaves a big space to fill.

So True

Re: RIP Billy Dyson [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13031943 01/16/19 11:05 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
He was also one of the few that showed up to fish at every single moderator event. You could always count on Billy dragging that Red Skeeter to Monticello Welsh or wherever it was that we had decided we were going to crawl out of bed and go during the get together. Didnt matter if it was for bragging rights or prizes Billy D was there ready to get it on. The disappearing Dyson was a classic. One minute hes there, the next minute he gone. LOL. Really blessed for the time I was able to spend with him, we all were.

JP that poem is incredible. Thank u for posting

Re: RIP Billy Dyson [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13031987 01/16/19 11:54 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Sounds like a very moving memorial service and one that Billy deserved. He was a character and an a nbn aging lb an. Good to see so many people posting how he affected them in such a positive way. The world needs more people like Billy.

Re: RIP Billy Dyson [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13032398 01/17/19 12:32 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Wish I could have been at the service. Stuck in West TX... frown

Re: RIP Billy Dyson [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13032532 01/17/19 03:09 PM
Sinkey Offline
Tidy Scoop
Tidy Scoop
It was truly a great service. It was an honor to have known the man, to be as good of friends as we were, and to me mentored by him in my earlier years on Fork. I really felt his impact when I looked around the Chapel Tuesday and it was a who's who of Lake Fork. Some of the best guides ever on the lake, pretty much every great tournament angler that has ever come off that lake. And just all the fishing community as well. Guys from as far over as West Texas.
He was always helping people out. Like said in the service, I don't know how many bags of worms I saw him throw out to people struggling, and said "throw this, you'll get bit."

Lake Fork will never feel the same without you bud, but I know you'll be right there next to me on the front deck of that Skeeter!

Re: RIP Billy Dyson [Re: Sinkey] #13033560 01/18/19 01:34 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted by Sinkey
It was truly a great service. It was an honor to have known the man, to be as good of friends as we were, and to me mentored by him in my earlier years on Fork. I really felt his impact when I looked around the Chapel Tuesday and it was a who's who of Lake Fork. Some of the best guides ever on the lake, pretty much every great tournament angler that has ever come off that lake. And just all the fishing community as well. Guys from as far over as West Texas.
He was always helping people out. Like said in the service, I don't know how many bags of worms I saw him throw out to people struggling, and said "throw this, you'll get bit."

Lake Fork will never feel the same without you bud, but I know you'll be right there next to me on the front deck of that Skeeter!

Good words Chris. He & Kay built a beautiful home in Penson Point. I think I made the down payment on it with all the money he won from me when I was fishing tournaments. I couldn't have donated to a more deserving guy.

God bless the Dyson Family.

Re: RIP Billy Dyson [Re: Ken A.] #13040484 01/24/19 03:58 PM
BoomBoom Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Wow, I haven't been on the forum in a while and I just saw this. My heart is saddened. I have never even met Billy, but could tell from all the posts on here throughout the years, that he was truly a genuine guy. Reading JP's stories, makes it even harder. I know he is in a better place now and my prayers are with Kay and family. God bless a great man.

Re: RIP Billy Dyson [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13041102 01/25/19 01:58 AM
C
CapN Ron Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
This is really saddening. My prayers and condolences go out to his friends and family. I didnt know Billy, personally, but I know his reputation and it speaks volumes about the man and great angler he was. Lake Fork truly lost of of the legends!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide