Very sorry to hear about this. RIP
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 05:59 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: buda13

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 06:02 PM

frown

You will be missed.... Prayers up to the family.
Posted By: kcb

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 06:11 PM

One of the great ones for sure. RIP Billy and will be praying for your family. This is a sad day in the TFF community.
Posted By: joebass2

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 06:14 PM

None better. RIP Sir.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 06:25 PM

Rest in peace Billy.
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 06:32 PM

Rest in peace Billy,,
angel2
Posted By: forkduc

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 06:33 PM

RIP Billy, you were one of the really good guys!
Posted By: SkeeterEater

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 06:40 PM

RIP- Way to young to go.. Hell of a man and an amazing fisherman!
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 06:52 PM

Wow, wow. Billy and I have communicated a lot the last few years. We both battled cancer and I was lucky that mine left for good, while his was persistent. He was strong and in good humor and realistic all the way through his illness. This hurts my heart. Be at Peace Billy. You deserve it. Prayers for his family.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 06:56 PM

No way!!

I'm so sorry to hear this! One of the best!

RIP old friend
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 07:04 PM

This broke my wife and my heart when we got the news. Spoke with him last week and new things were not going well. I will miss this man forever. Loved fishing with him and he was one of the best. So very sad. I am lost for words.

RIP Billy D.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 07:36 PM

RIP Billy!
Posted By: James P.

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 07:42 PM

RIP Billy! He introduced my best friend and I to drop shot fishing, years ago while we was in Pinson. He was in his little bass buster, wacking 8-9 lbrs as we were struggling to catch a fish. We ask him what he was doing to catch those fish. And he quickly showed us. Our fishing changed that day and I will never forget it. Very good man that will be missed greatly. Prayers sent for Kay and their family.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 07:47 PM

Man my heart is breaking for we lost a great man and an awesome fishermen...
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 07:50 PM

Rest In Peace my friend. Billy and I talked a few times the last couple years and I met up with him a couple times. He was a really great guy! My prayers are with the family. I am very sorry for the loss of this great man.
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 07:52 PM

I hate cancer
The good die young and Billy was the best
And A Lake Fork Legend
Always happy to see him on the lake and at the Skeeter tournaments
Really going to miss him
Condolences and prayers for Kay and Family
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 07:53 PM

A true fishing Ambassador, prayers sent. Jim and Debbie
Posted By: Scott A.

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by James P.
RIP Billy! He introduced my best friend and I to drop shot fishing, years ago while we was in Pinson. He was in his little bass buster, wacking 8-9 lbrs as we were struggling to catch a fish. We ask him what he was doing to catch those fish. And he quickly showed us. Our fishing changed that day and I will never forget it. Very good man that will be missed greatly. Prayers sent for Kay and their family.

Yes I remember that day very well!
RIP Billy
Prayers for you family
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 08:33 PM

I don't get on here anymore really but reading this just really sucks. We weren't buds or anything but I met Billy in my first Skeeter tourney back in 2008. We were in the shootout together. Anyways. He was a really nice guy. Really hate to hear this. RIP Billy.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 09:11 PM

Heartbroken.... just talked to him!! Sad day for sure.... prayer's for Kay and all of the family.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 09:45 PM

Billy was one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Very genuine. I am truly saddened by hearing this. He fought a good fight.

Prayers for Kay and the rest of the Dyson Family.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 10:16 PM

He will be missed

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 10:16 PM

Randy Maxwell made this.

Posted By: Douglas J

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 10:32 PM

This hurts my heart, I had a good phone conversation with Billy back in December.

RIP my friend and my thoughts and prayers go out to Kay and the entire family.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 10:37 PM

Prayers sent. RIP.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 10:40 PM

By Homer Circle

God grant that I may fish

until my dying day;

And when at last I come to rest,

I’ll then most humbly pray;

When in His landing net

I lie in final sleep;

That in His mercy I’ll be judged

as good enough to keep!

Amen
angel
Posted By: senko9S

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 10:56 PM

damn sad to read this. prayers to all who had a chance to smile with him.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 10:59 PM

Very sad to hear. RIP sir.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 11:03 PM

This has been hard all day. I even type this with tears. He was truly my best friend and has always been there for anything. He would always give and never ask for anything in return. Friends like that are truly hard to find.
I can honestly say I would not be who I am in life or who I am on the water without him. Shanda and I will really miss you.
Heaven got a great one today. Love you bud.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 11:38 PM

One of the best people I have ever met in life. He meant so much to wo many people. Just a huge void right now. Prayers to Kay and his whole family.

Still cant believe it's true and he is gone though. Gonna take some time for that to sink in.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 11:49 PM

Did not know him but sounds like a great guy. Prayers to his family and to all you guys that lost a good friend. RIP Billy. angel2
Posted By: Rmax

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/11/19 11:57 PM

Reflecting back ~ TFF Team Match Win Against Heath ~ Going to miss my SYKDYE Brother like no other. You made the world a better place and now you're in a better place. Until we meet again my friend

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 12:02 AM

Though he was a complete stranger to me, I'm sadden by his passing. Prayers to all his friends and family.
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 12:27 AM

Terrible. Billy was a cool dude.
Posted By: RANDYSGLIDE

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 12:34 AM

Sad news to hear. R.I.P. Prayers for the family. Great guy always talked with him at Media
Posted By: DJB

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 12:48 AM

You and Jimmy hold a spot for me. Adios amigo

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 12:53 AM

Thanks for all the great pictures and the video. I know it's early, but please let us know if their will be a service or memorial.
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 12:59 AM

Mark told me at the tackle show this morning. Tough news to swallow. Billy was one of the nicest guys I’ve ever known. He saw me grow up in the fishing community and was always there to help me out however he could. Gonna miss that smile. If you didn’t know he was battling cancer, you wouldn’t be able to tell. He was smiling until the end. RIP Billy. Prayers up to the Dyson family and friends.

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by SoCal Tom
Thanks for all the great pictures and the video. I know it's early, but please let us know if their will be a service or memorial.

I think it's going to be Tuesday in Pittsburg, TX. Will post as soon as I know the details.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
Randy Maxwell made this.

I know him a little better now, thank you. So sad. angel
Posted By: Bissett

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 02:59 AM

He will definitely be missed. RIP Billy
Posted By: Rmax

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 03:13 AM

Can everyone please send me your best/favorite pictures in highest resolution possible of Billy to my e-mail?
randy.maxwell@nhtglobal.com
Peace, Love and Prayers,
Rmax

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 03:53 AM

That was awesome Randy. I know you know about loss brother. That last pic did me in.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 05:02 AM

Prayers sent to the Dyson Family and all his friends that loved him so much. angel2
Posted By: Alex Finch

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 07:45 AM

Billy was a great guy. I met him and spoke to him for the first time during a Sealy tourney a few years ago. Genuinely kind guy with a ton of knowledge about Lake Fork. Condolences to his family and especially to his partner in life and on the water, Kay.
Posted By: Tejasbasshunter

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 10:55 AM

RIP Billy - Lake Fork weigh-ins will never be the same.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 11:02 AM

Thanks, Randy, for sending that tribute even though it made me cry. We all will grieve in our own way, but Billy would want us to hold our head high. He is the one that would be grateful and thankful for having so many great friends here on the TFF. That was just Billy...a true blue friend to so many. Heaven actually received a true angel. He touched many lives. Billy, thanks for reaching out to me and being my friend. Heartfelt condolences to all of the family.
Posted By: LvilleLrat

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 11:16 AM

RIP Billy. Damn glad to have met you. Always a kind word and smile.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 05:15 PM

Been a very tough 24 hours for Allie and me. Tears welling up just typing this. Billy and Kay are two of the finest people we've ever known. Billy was a dear friend and we will miss him terribly. We love you Kay. Our hearts are broken for your family. May the Lord carry you through this in his loving arms.

Billy, until we meet again, farewell my friend.

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 05:38 PM

I think tournament anglers can learn something from Billy. He fished hard and was a competitor. He and Kay dominated on Lake Fork for years. Most importantly though, he had fun. Tournaments should be fun. If you can't have fun fishing tournaments, what the heck are you doing out there?

Too many people fishing tournaments these days are looking for a fight and are way too tense on the water. Fish like Billy did. Kick a$$ on the water, but be able to smile and shake the man's hand who beat you. You never know where you are going to meet your next life-long friend.

Billy had the soul of a man, but never forgot how to have the heart of a kid.
Posted By: bbexotics

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 08:27 PM

RIP Billy, prayers sent
Posted By: FishTex

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/12/19 08:46 PM

As it has been stated here many, many times... "None Better!"

He and I had a long talk last summer about this day and I can say with 100% confidence that I will see Billy again standing right next to our Lord and Savior.

I could go on for hours about what Billy and Kay have meant to me and my daughters over the years and all of the ways they have impacted our lives. The reality is, those of you who know Billy, already know what I would say.

Therefore, I challenge every person who knew Billy Dyson to honor him by reflecting the character and integrity that he displayed every day -- pre and post cancer. Love God and don't be ashamed to tell others -- just like Billy did. Smile, shake a hand, be friendly and helpful -- just like Billy did. Enjoy life, be grateful for what you have, work hard for what you want -- just like Billy did. We owe him that -- although he would never ask for it.

Love ya' brother!!! Keep me a seat open up there and we will lift a rod tip together again one day.
Posted By: Rocky Robison

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/13/19 01:38 AM

There is not much I can add that hasn't been said about Billy already!
This loss really hurts!
Love ya Brother!
RIP!
Posted By: CHUNK-N-WINDING

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/13/19 03:44 PM

My heart hurts finding this out, I remember talking to you at our normal meeting place off of Chaney point. You were always so upbeat in your conversation as you didn't want to dwell on your struggles with this horrible disease and that you were more concerned with how others were doing. Such a selfless soul! RIP brother, You were my second fish finder! When I couldn't find them on my own, I would go looking for that Red Skeeter.
Posted By: Rangerkev

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/13/19 04:31 PM

Almost everytime when someone passes away everyone says they were a great person. Nice friendly and humble and other things. And knowing that fishermen never lie, Lol, it's very apparent Billy was truly a good man. I never got to meet him but read lots of his post. My next comment is one that I have said about very few people. It's my loss and others in that we didnt get to meet Billy. You just cant say that about very many people. But it is very easy to say after reading all these post. Prayers for Billy's family and friends.
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/13/19 07:43 PM

Billy is a hero of mine, a man who loves unconditionally, a man who was head over heals in love with his girl Kay, a competitor, would do anything for anybody...I could just ramble forever guys.

I can tell you that I spent many hours with Billy in the last few months...Billy was always planning on getting through this. He never once let Cancer beat him. Billy BEAT CANCERS AZZZ BY THE WAY HE LIVED EVERY DAY. Billy and I took a walk around the hospital floor on Wednesday and he forgot to wear mask (his immune system was way comprimised) - he realized it half way around out walk...he asked me to run cover so the nurses would't get after him too bad with a grin. Guys...he loved all of you. He loved serving the forum. He has the most contagious smile every.

RIP my personal hero...you beat the shiat dude....now lets wrap Kay up in help and love. She deserves the very best from every single one of you that know her.

Tears running down my face as I wrap this up....Billy, you are drop shot fishing some badazz ledge in Heaven - we love you brother, you will always be in my boat bud. I LOVE YOU. #Broken
Posted By: Rocky Robison

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/13/19 10:34 PM

https://ermansmithfuneralhome.net/tribute/details/444/Billy-Dyson-Jr/obituary.html#tribute-start
Posted By: 521Rangerman

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/13/19 11:30 PM

Prayers sent to the Dyson Family. Billy RIP my friend!
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/13/19 11:57 PM

One of the best men on the planet! Like Sinkey I wouldn’t be who I am today without Billy. If you’ve fished a drop shot on Lake Fork it’s because of him! Gonna miss him so much! He will always be the one to beat in my book. RIP you East Texas Legend!

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/14/19 03:10 PM

As per the web site:
Funeral service will be held at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at Erman Smith Funeral Home Chapel with Mike Picou and Richard Osborn officiating. Interment will follow in Rose Hill Cemetery in Pittsburg. The family will receive friends before the service Tuesday beginning at 1:00 p.m.

Thanks Rocky! I will be there.

Posted By: TBassYates

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/14/19 03:43 PM

Very sad news especially after spending so much great times with old fishing buddies at the FunNSun show this past weekend. Met Billy during the TFF Match Play tournaments and was such a great guy. He will be missed.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/14/19 04:08 PM

Man I am sick to my stomach. I was out in Reno for a convention all week and just happened to look at TFF yesterday and see this post. Billy was an awesome person and its just so surreal since I just talked to him a couple of weeks ago.
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/14/19 05:19 PM

There are no words for this case. Billy was truly One of a Kind and a dear friend. He will be missed greatly. Prayers out to Kay and Family.

Jody Kea
Posted By: bsouth401

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/14/19 05:49 PM

I really can’t add much to what everyone has said about Billy. From the first time I met Billy, I considered him a good friend. As has been said, his infectious smile and genuine concern for people would draw you to him like a magnet. Pake and I will truly miss you, until we meet again! The last time I ran into Billy was at a Gas Station on 154 by Fork a few months ago. I knew of his battle, but all he was concerned for was how Pake and I were doing. He was a selfless guy who truly loved and cared about people. I wish you all could have known him, as he is an example of how we all should be. Kay, you and your family are in our prayers.
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/14/19 06:02 PM

It's been awhile since Billy and I have had contact so this catches me unaware and deeply saddened. Got to play on his team "Team Elite" in the TFF Match Play and as many have said he put the "Elite" in Team Elite. Learned about drop shotting from Billy, sought Lake Fork advice and enjoyed a few memorable discussions over the years. Prayers for Kay, family and friends in this time of home going. Billy was such a generous person. We will all miss him, but his legacy will live on through all the great work he did.

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/14/19 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by SoCal Tom

As per the web site:
Funeral service will be held at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at Erman Smith Funeral Home Chapel with Mike Picou and Richard Osborn officiating. Interment will follow in Rose Hill Cemetery in Pittsburg. The family will receive friends before the service Tuesday beginning at 1:00 p.m.

Thanks Rocky! I will be there.

We will be out of state tommorrow and all week and I truly hate that we are having to miss it. Tried to reschedule the trip but just no way to do so. If there are further events for Billy please keep us posted.
Posted By: Eric Wright, Lake Fork Guide

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/14/19 11:09 PM

RIP Billy - Going to miss seeing you around the lake.
Posted By: KingOutdoorsCo

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/15/19 03:06 PM

This sucks, my stomach just sank. Sorry for your loss J.P. and for Kay and anyone else that called him a friend. My prayers are with you all.
Posted By: 1bassdaddy

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/15/19 04:00 PM

My prayers to all those friends and family members who are hurting.
Posted By: Stan Browning

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/16/19 03:45 AM

Simply put we lost one of God’s Angels
Billy was always smiling and absolutely loved fishing and life in general
His love for Kay and his family was endless
RIP my friend I hope to get the chance to fish in the big pond above with you my friend
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/16/19 04:20 AM

Prayers for the Dyson family. God bless his family and may they be filled with peace and comfort.

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/16/19 06:56 PM

We laid our friend Billy to rest yesterday. He was surrounded by family, friends and his TFF family.

I've finished life's chores assigned to me,
So put me on a boat headed out to sea.
Please send along my fishing pole
For I've been invited to the fishin' hole.

Where every day is a day to fish,
To fill your heart with every wish.
Don't worry, or feel sad for me,
I'm fishin' with the Master of the sea.

We will miss each other for a while,
But you will come and bring your smile.
That won't be long you will see,
Till we're together you and me.

To all of those that think of me,
Be happy as I go out to sea.
If others wonder why I'm missin'
Just tell 'em I've gone fishin'
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/16/19 07:16 PM

Very Sweet
I think tournament anglers can learn something from Billy. He fished hard and was a competitor. He and Kay dominated on Lake Fork for years. Most importantly though, he had fun. Tournaments should be fun. If you can't have fun fishing tournaments, what the heck are you doing out there?

Too many people fishing tournaments these days are looking for a fight and are way too tense on the water. Fish like Billy did. Kick a$$ on the water, but be able to smile and shake the man's hand who beat you. You never know where you are going to meet your next life-long friend.

Billy had the soul of a man, but never forgot how to have the heart of a kid.

AMEN Brother!!
Posted By: fouzman

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/16/19 07:36 PM

We laid our friend Billy to rest yesterday. He was surrounded by family, friends and his TFF family.

I've finished life's chores assigned to me,
So put me on a boat headed out to sea.
Please send along my fishing pole
For I've been invited to the fishin' hole.

Where every day is a day to fish,
To fill your heart with every wish.
Don't worry, or feel sad for me,
I'm fishin' with the Master of the sea.

We will miss each other for a while,
But you will come and bring your smile.
That won't be long you will see,
Till we're together you and me.

To all of those that think of me,
Be happy as I go out to sea.
If others wonder why I'm missin'
Just tell 'em I've gone fishin'

Thank you JP. That brought me some comfort.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/16/19 08:12 PM

Gone fishin.....indeed.... Billy was a fisher of men

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/16/19 10:35 PM

As many of you know, Billy was a moderator here on the TFF for many years. I try to host moderator get togethers twice a year. Billy made most of them. He always made an entrance. The door would swing open and we would all yell BILLY and get up to shake his hand and give him a hug, then we we went back to visiting and maybe drinking a few cold beers. Billy usually lasted until 8 or 9pm, then he would, a lot of times, just disappear. I mean he was notorious for it, so much so that we all gave him grief about it. Most of the guys stay Friday and Saturday night, but never Billy. He would come by Friday or Saturday and sometimes both days, but he never spent the night. He had to get home to his wife Kay.

I don't know why I'm telling this. It just stands out to me for some reason. That man really loved his wife. He loved hanging with us guys, but Kay was his best friend and the love of his life. Y'all who know her be sure and check in on her often. We feel loss, but she walked with him every day. Living life with such a big soul leaves a big space to fill.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/16/19 10:42 PM

As many of you know, Billy was a moderator here on the TFF for many years. I try to host moderator get togethers twice a year. Billy made most of them. He always made an entrance. The door would swing open and we would all yell BILLY and get up to shake his hand and give him a hug, then we we went back to visiting and maybe drinking a few cold beers. Billy usually lasted until 8 or 9pm, then he would, a lot of times, just disappear. I mean he was notorious for it, so much so that we all gave him grief about it. Most of the guys stay Friday and Saturday night, but never Billy. He would come by Friday or Saturday and sometimes both days, but he never spent the night. He had to get home to his wife Kay.

I don't know why I'm telling this. It just stands out to me for some reason. That man really loved his wife. He loved hanging with us guys, but Kay was his best friend and the love of his life. Y'all who know her be sure and check in on her often. We feel loss, but she walked with him every day. Living life with such a big soul leaves a big space to fill.

So True
Posted By: buda13

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/16/19 11:05 PM

He was also one of the few that showed up to fish at every single moderator event. You could always count on Billy dragging that Red Skeeter to Monticello Welsh or wherever it was that we had decided we were going to crawl out of bed and go during the get together. Didn’t matter if it was for bragging rights or prizes Billy D was there ready to get it on. The disappearing Dyson was a classic. One minute he’s there, the next minute he gone. LOL. Really blessed for the time I was able to spend with him, we all were.

JP that poem is incredible. Thank u for posting

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/16/19 11:54 PM

Sounds like a very moving memorial service and one that Billy deserved. He was a character and an a nbn aging lb an. Good to see so many people posting how he affected them in such a positive way. The world needs more people like Billy.

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/17/19 12:32 PM

Wish I could have been at the service. Stuck in West TX... frown
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/17/19 03:09 PM

It was truly a great service. It was an honor to have known the man, to be as good of friends as we were, and to me mentored by him in my earlier years on Fork. I really felt his impact when I looked around the Chapel Tuesday and it was a who's who of Lake Fork. Some of the best guides ever on the lake, pretty much every great tournament angler that has ever come off that lake. And just all the fishing community as well. Guys from as far over as West Texas.
He was always helping people out. Like said in the service, I don't know how many bags of worms I saw him throw out to people struggling, and said "throw this, you'll get bit."

Lake Fork will never feel the same without you bud, but I know you'll be right there next to me on the front deck of that Skeeter!

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/18/19 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
It was truly a great service. It was an honor to have known the man, to be as good of friends as we were, and to me mentored by him in my earlier years on Fork. I really felt his impact when I looked around the Chapel Tuesday and it was a who's who of Lake Fork. Some of the best guides ever on the lake, pretty much every great tournament angler that has ever come off that lake. And just all the fishing community as well. Guys from as far over as West Texas.
He was always helping people out. Like said in the service, I don't know how many bags of worms I saw him throw out to people struggling, and said "throw this, you'll get bit."

Lake Fork will never feel the same without you bud, but I know you'll be right there next to me on the front deck of that Skeeter!

Good words Chris. He & Kay built a beautiful home in Penson Point. I think I made the down payment on it with all the money he won from me when I was fishing tournaments. I couldn't have donated to a more deserving guy.

God bless the Dyson Family.
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/24/19 03:58 PM

Wow, I haven't been on the forum in a while and I just saw this. My heart is saddened. I have never even met Billy, but could tell from all the posts on here throughout the years, that he was truly a genuine guy. Reading JP's stories, makes it even harder. I know he is in a better place now and my prayers are with Kay and family. God bless a great man.
Posted By: CapN Ron

Re: RIP Billy Dyson - 01/25/19 01:58 AM

This is really saddening. My prayers and condolences go out to his friends and family. I didn’t know Billy, personally, but I know his reputation and it speaks volumes about the man and great angler he was. Lake Fork truly lost of of the legends!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum