Carbon/Power Pole help needed. #13002905 12/23/18 01:00 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Hey gurus.

I have new HDS Carbons and new Power Pole Blades. I downloaded the C Monster app and immediately updated the software on the hydraulic pump. The poles linked to my iPhone easily. I have also had no problem linking my Carbons to my iPhone.

My issue is I cannot get my Carbons to see my Poles in order to link up with them.

My Bluetooth setting is on, but shows no devices in the device list, other than the phone.

What am I doing wrong.

Lowrance tech support reads me the directions from the manual. (Duh....like I dont have the page number and sequence memorized) Power Pole says its a Lowrance feature and offered no real help.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Carbon/Power Pole help needed. [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13002909 12/23/18 01:05 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Hey gurus.

I have new HDS Carbons and new Power Pole Blades. I downloaded the C Monster app and immediately updated the software on the hydraulic pump. The poles linked to my iPhone easily. I have also had no problem linking my Carbons to my iPhone.

My issue is I cannot get my Carbons to “see” my Poles in order to link up with them.

My Bluetooth setting is on, but shows no devices in the device list, other than the phone.

What am I doing wrong.

Lowrance tech support reads me the directions from the manual. (Duh....like I don’t have the page number and sequence memorized) Power Pole says it’s a Lowrance feature and offered no real help.

Way too complicated Steez, just load the thang up and go fishin. Geez.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Carbon/Power Pole help needed. [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #13003812 12/23/18 10:04 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES
Hey gurus.

My issue is I cannot get my Carbons to “see” my Poles in order to link up with them.

What am I doing wrong.

Lowrance tech support reads me the directions from the manual. (Duh....like I don’t have the page number and sequence memorized) Power Pole says it’s a Lowrance feature and offered no real help.

Pretty much what I did.

Figured it out though. Sort of. Mostly. Ha.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Carbon/Power Pole help needed. [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13003817 12/23/18 10:08 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES
Hey gurus.

What am I doing wrong.

Lowrance tech support reads me the directions from the manual. (Duh....like I don’t have the page number and sequence memorized) Power Pole says
it’s a Lowrance feature and offered no real help.

Pretty much what I did.

Figured it out though. Sort of. Mostly. Ha.

Guess I'm gonna have to get me some Power Poles now to keep up with the MacQueens. Guess I can afford them with the money I saved from not buying $600 rods. thumb

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Carbon/Power Pole help needed. [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13004702 12/25/18 01:28 AM
J
jcastleman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I just paired mine to both Carbons yesterday. (Bow and dash) Not sure why yours is not "visible" as mine showed up one at a time and after I paired the first, the second was recognized. I know this doesn't really answer your question as to how to fix yours, but wanted to share how mine worked. Did not have to press the button on the power-pole unit like when I paired to my stomp buttons. It did take about a full minute before the first was recognized. Relatively easy IF it is working correctly.

Last edited by jcastleman; 12/25/18 01:28 AM.
Re: Carbon/Power Pole help needed. [Re: jcastleman] #13004742 12/25/18 02:21 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by jcastleman
I just paired mine to both Carbons yesterday. (Bow and dash) Not sure why yours is not "visible" as mine showed up one at a time and after I paired the first, the second was recognized. I know this doesn't really answer your question as to how to fix yours, but wanted to share how mine worked. Did not have to press the button on the power-pole unit like when I paired to my stomp buttons. It did take about a full minute before the first was recognized. Relatively easy IF it is working correctly.

Well. I said mostly. Heres what is happening.

I downloaded the C monster app. And the blades paired with the app easily. The app updated the pumps. I then turned to the Carbons. The Carbons would link to my phones wifi, and not the phones Bluetooth.

Well. Long story short. I now have the Poles linked to my console Carbon. The P icon is tiny along the left side of the screen. The console unit works the Poles, as long as I have the C monster app closed. It also only works if I have the Carbon NOT linked to my phones WiFi. The bow Carbon shows the P along its left edge of the screen too, but it doesnt connect to the Poles. It shows the up and down arrows in bright white, but the auto up and auto down, as well as the settings gear icon are shaded. It does nothing. The other annoying thing is when I open the Power Pole control by swiping from left to right, or touching the P icon, the menu tab disappears, but leaves a blank panel along the right edge of the screen. When I close the Pole controls, Im left with blank panels on each side! Haha. I have to exit out of the current page, StructureScan, Sonar, Map, whatever....then reopen the page to resume normal operation and screen size.

Kinda glitchy. But still easy to use. I guess.

Also kinda sucks, as the only way to operate the poles from the bow is with the lanyard remote. I have the regular dash control on the helm, as well as the Carbon control at the console. I guess I should just buy the foot stompers for $119. Every thing nowadays has extra cost options, when they cost too much from the get go.

I guess I should have just went with the cheap sportsman series. They have the same basic OS and I could have saved enough money to put stomp pads fore, aft, and next to my hot foot. Lol.

I think the Blades are supposed to be stronger though.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Carbon/Power Pole help needed. [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13010541 12/30/18 04:27 PM
Jason Gilstrap Offline
Mr. Lowrance
Mr. Lowrance
back up your wpts on a clean sd card. Then make sure you have the current software to your unit, then I would do a hard rest and then try reconnect to your Pwr poles.

also heres a link to a video

Last edited by Jason Gilstrap; 12/30/18 04:28 PM.

Jason Gilstrap LOWRANCE PRO STAFF / Get A Limit Outdoors www.getalimitoutdoors.com
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide