Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: 100MPH Bullet Pass on Hubbard [Re: Andy W] #12962535 11/12/18 02:29 AM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
You are asking for it going that fast in a bass boat. Lucky to be alive to talk about it....

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: 100MPH Bullet Pass on Hubbard [Re: Ranger 177] #12962584 11/12/18 02:58 AM
adam_p Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Ranger 177
It is inconceivable to me why any would think its acceptable to be on public waters indangering other people and there lives doing 100 mph They should count there blessings and hopefully come to some senses. Glad there ok and no one got hurt. Maybe something game warden should look into. Maybe they dont need to be operating dangerous equipment

Oh good lord. He wasn't endangering anybody that wasn't a willing participant. I'll never understand why y'all want the government to control everything in your lives.

Re: 100MPH Bullet Pass on Hubbard [Re: Ranger 177] #12962594 11/12/18 03:01 AM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
It is inconceivable to me why any would think its acceptable to be on public waters indangering other people and there lives doing 100 mph They should count there blessings and hopefully come to some senses. Glad there ok and no one got hurt. Maybe something game warden should look into. Maybe they dont need to be operating dangerous equipment

Lighten up Francis. No laws were broken, no speed limits violated, and nothing to investigate. You don't like it then build your own lake and impose your own nanny restrictions.

Re: 100MPH Bullet Pass on Hubbard [Re: Andy W] #12962608 11/12/18 03:07 AM
R
Ranger 177 Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
R
You know this because you were there and observed this. Thank god for oversight or could only imagine what would take place on waterways or highways. Reference u.s, coast guard rules regulations operating watercraft in unsafe manners putting others and property in danger. Im pretty sure this aint over yet because this will have to be reported to state and eventually game wardens will be involved. As said glad hes ok and hopefully learned. Speed kills

Re: 100MPH Bullet Pass on Hubbard [Re: Andy W] #12962612 11/12/18 03:08 AM
P
pil,b Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
It would have to be a Allison for me to go that fast.

Re: 100MPH Bullet Pass on Hubbard [Re: pil,b] #12962616 11/12/18 03:11 AM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: pil,b
It would have to be a Allison for me to go that fast.

If it was an Allison it would have been doing 115mph not 99.7

Re: 100MPH Bullet Pass on Hubbard [Re: Ranger 177] #12962637 11/12/18 03:26 AM
M
Marc K Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M

So I assume that you were there to make the judgement call of what speed was OK? Who were the other unwilling participants that were endangered? Would 18 mph have been too fast for you under those conditions in that location at that time? How about 47mph? Do you publish speed limits for various places and conditions?

FWIW, I have spent 49 years on the water, including faster than 100. Based on that experience, I have zero desire to go fast at all. But I also realize that I am not in charge of how others feel.

With more information I might agree with your position. That's why I'm asking what the parameters are/were that made it "inconceivable."

Respectfully,
Marc

Re: 100MPH Bullet Pass on Hubbard [Re: adam_p] #12962640 11/12/18 03:28 AM
BriannShell Offline
Extremely Happy Angler
Extremely Happy Angler
Originally Posted By: adam_p

Oh good lord. He wasn't endangering anybody that wasn't a willing participant. I'll never understand why y'all want the government to control everything in your lives.

I'm not condoning or condemning the OPs action, but to say things like this don't endanger others is a bit short sighted. I don't know what happened in this incident but when you do dangerous things that lead to accidents it does put other people in danger and can have a ripple effect that can bring harm to others. Glad all were ok.

Lions do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep
Re: 100MPH Bullet Pass on Hubbard [Re: Andy W] #12962641 11/12/18 03:28 AM
slim 285 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Glad your are ok. I would love to co captain with you one day. If you ever need a counter balance that weighs in at a slim 304 . I am your man .

Re: 100MPH Bullet Pass on Hubbard [Re: Andy W] #12962645 11/12/18 03:29 AM
T-racer @ Mallard Marine Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Let me further add, for the negative nancies I knew would come out because they don't have anything else to be frustrated about on a Sunday evening, that we were in a small cove, with a spot boat, with fairly narrow entrance to the cove, doing passes down a rock wall, this whole thing was VERY well thought out and planned, we were not simply joy riding nor unexperienced, we knew the risks involved and were hence wearing our safety equipment, and no laws were broken, and no one was hurt, no one was in danger other than ourselves, and no boat was damaged (the boat is fine... it hooked, came to a stop. Bullet builds a great boat. There wasn't even water that scooped, bilge was dry, just a little G force turning that hard). There is not a single thing wrong with the boat.

With that said... for the setup question it was a Bullet 20xrd comp hull with a 300XS, running a modified 1.62 sporty with a 30 b blades blaster prop. An inch had been cut off the skeg and a lot taken off the leading edge... WRONG. Should've stayed with a stock lower. Lesson learned. I did not modify the lower unit, I was sold it that way this week. Running at 1.75 inches above pad with a 12 inch jackplate. Boat had trim left if my skeg wouldn't have betrayed me. Running that high you need all the skeg you can get. Mother Mercury designed them that way for a reason. And also, Bullets have been run that high before so this is nothing new...

For safety equipment, I had a Non chute Lifeline race vest, and my partner had a lifeline comp vest on. I had a helmet on. These vests are designed with leg straps so upon impact with water, the vest will not rip off you. They are also extremely padded/reenforced for impact with the boat/water for protection of the ribcage. They are very expensive, but rightly so. They are the best money can buy and as such... My partner and I are unscathed aside from a couple bruises. Very minor. Kill switch was also worn. As mentioned above the boat came to a stop dead, and with not even any water in it. It was not that bad of an accident... Frankly if I was stronger maybe I'd have held onto the wheel and not bailed (I'm kidding I challenge anyone to hold on in that circumstance LOL) and then it wouldn't have been an accident at all! So what's being reported anyways since no law was broken?! LOL

And last but not least.... 100 is fast.... shoot 70 is fast... but there is ALWAYS someone going faster. Try 176 in an outboard powered boat. There's always someone faster, and there's always danger for those who decide to pursue those goals. It is what it is, and we all can choose to pursue the things that are important to us. Thanks everybody for the well wishes, and to the negatives... well I hope you find some clarification in my words. Thank you.

Mallard Marine Nacogdoches, Tx
936-225-3244 - Authorized Sales/Service
Mercury Outboards - Allison Boats
Re: 100MPH Bullet Pass on Hubbard [Re: Andy W] #12962661 11/12/18 03:39 AM
R
Ranger 177 Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
R
I wasnt there thank god. There is no condition where someone is going 100 mph on a public water is ok. As you stated youve experienced that speed and sounds like you came to senses. Ive got a car that says 140 on speedometer but this doesnt make legal to drive down highway this fast. I can tell you I observe no wake zones respect people property and other people on water. I prefer to live and be able to come home to my family in one piece. If you or someone else chooses not to so be it but dont endanger other people

Re: 100MPH Bullet Pass on Hubbard [Re: T-racer @ Mallard Marine] #12962667 11/12/18 03:42 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: T-racer
I'll clarify the facts as I was driving the boat. We were running in a calm cove, and at 99.7 mph the boat hooked and we were both ejected. And before anyone starts on the "I don't own a Bullet because of this... Bullets aren't safe... something is wrong with the boat" I'll clarify and say that I was running a case with a modified skeg, at an extremely high motor height, and I pushed the envelope. It was my fault, it was in the setup, and I fully raise my hand and take the blame, because that's who it's on. We are both totally fine, other than being a little bumped up... and freezing cold. We were both wearing lifeline race vests and straps, and I had a helmet on. Killswitch was worn. Because of these pieces of safety equipment, we are both virtually unscathed. With that said guys, please wear your safety equipment, at all times, it can be the difference.

Big shoutout to DougR who I met for the first time, really cool dude, and even bigger to shoutout to a man in a Ranger aluminum boat who stopped to see if we were okay. I didn't catch his name but I appreciate it.

Did this happen after I left that area of the lake??

I am glad y'all are all good

#MFGA
Re: 100MPH Bullet Pass on Hubbard [Re: Andy W] #12962683 11/12/18 03:49 AM
R
RMOROTT21 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
I guess the fish must not have been biting

Re: 100MPH Bullet Pass on Hubbard [Re: Ranger 177] #12962696 11/12/18 03:54 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
You know this because you were there and observed this. Thank god for oversight or could only imagine what would take place on waterways or highways. Reference u.s, coast guard rules regulations operating watercraft in unsafe manners putting others and property in danger. Im pretty sure this aint over yet because this will have to be reported to state and eventually game wardens will be involved. As said glad hes ok and hopefully learned. Speed kills

I was on the lake and saw them make 10 passes or so while I fished in the distance. Trace came over and asked me if I minded him making passes in that area while I fished, I said no carry on. Trace was courteous and was more than capable of operating that boat.

Oh and if you need my resume, I actually operate a fire boat on Ray Hubbard for the Dallas Fire Dept and have 29 years experience in the fire and rescue business. So I may know a little something about operating boats and may have had an extensive amount of training in boat operations as well as many many many hours of experience.

I must have left that area shortly before the incident happened. Glad everyone is good!

I even have a cool video I took on my phone of one pass. laugh

#MFGA
Re: 100MPH Bullet Pass on Hubbard [Re: Andy W] #12962719 11/12/18 04:10 AM
T
ToasterWEyes Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Let's see a video of the boat hooking and ejecting y'all! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's only a good cast if you catch a fish...
Personal Best: 11.62 lbs
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide