Forums59
Topics1,038,956
Posts13,956,396
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 45 of 46 1 2 43 44 45 46
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12877164 08/26/18 03:12 PM
Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V. Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity

Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide Report 

I would like to first start off by honoring one of my best friends that went to be with the lord this month. Matt Wallace was one of the good guys, as always helping others anytime they needed help or information. He was a great father that taught his kids about hunting , fishing and the outdoors. He was a fabulous husband to his wife Kathy Wallace and they where stuck side side by in their marriage.  He helped me many times with big group trips, we fished together as friends and we talked frequently about life. I have always said that I don't mind getting older, but I do not like the fact that I see more and more people leave this earth. He was a young man at 46 and fell ill and fought a good fight, but it was just too much.  He lived life with a smile, a laugh and a great sense of humor. We had made plans for this year to do some salt water fishing and I was looking forward to that. I know we hear it all the time , make as much about life as we can , and sometime we all get caught up in the routine of life and it moves fast. I for one have vowed to myself to make the most out of life after loosing my best friend. Love your family , tell them as much as possible, love your friends, we don't have many true friends and do things in life to make you and them happy. I know its hard to live everyday like it may be your last, but I for one am going to try to remember to give it a try. I miss him and will cherish the memories we have .. Rest in peace my good friend .

Lake Ray Hubbard fishing as been in the usual summertime fishing pattern. The traffic has died down because school,  sports and hunting is going to start. The thermocline is set in about 16-17 ft and the fish are not usually deeper than that. The gizzard shad are a good food source this time of year so try bigger lures when you find fish. Lake Ray Hubbard water level is a little more than 3 ft low, so be sure to be careful in the shallows and look for some stumps that are usually deeper.

White Bass Patterns

White bass have been schooling at the Lake Ray Hubbard hot spots , Robertson park , power plant Jetties along the east shore line close to Chandlers. Some days to have to pick thru smaller fish to get the keepers. We have birds working these schools on many occasions early mornings. If you find birds working but do not see fish activity I have been scanning with my side imaging to locate the fish. Later in the morning the fish have been suspending out from structure, Gravel pits , levees and other humps. Do not forget to look shallow, as stated before , with the thermocline you will be surprised how shallow you locate fish in the heat of the day. This is where your electronics play a big part and especially side imaging. 

White Bass

Lake Ray Hubbard

Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Report

White Bass Lures

White bass have  hitting a verity of lures. Gizzard shad thrive in the summertime and that is when I use larger lure . The 3/4 oz Humdinger tail spinner has been working great when you locate schooling fish or a 3 inch Co Ho with 1/2 oz head. When you find suspending fish I have been using a 1 oz slab , toss it out and let it hit bottom then give the reel five or six real fast cranks and drop it back down. If you have trouble with that method , there is always trolling which can be very effective this time of year. Please remember if some one is fishing a spot, be respectful and do not just start driving circles around them .
Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide

We target White Bass year round .  Lake Ray Hubbard has a great white bass and hybrid Striper population.  For more information on Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide, follow this link.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12877180 08/26/18 03:39 PM
S
SteveStrasemeier Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
So sorry for your loss. What a tribute to a good friend and you make some very good points about how we should live what time we have left.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12877484 08/27/18 12:11 AM
R
Rockwall Roy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
RIP Matt.

Book a trip with JV. He will put you on them!

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12878354 08/27/18 08:55 PM
D
DrWhiplash Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Very well said JV glad I had a chance to have met him fish
Great report as bout as good as you can get thank you very much cheers Book John Varner not only to just catch but to learn the lake and he will show ya a thing or two about electronics !! And checkout that new Bulls Bay boat fish

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12878583 08/28/18 01:09 AM
S
SeaPro-Todd Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Now that's a great tribute to Matt, Twin fish

Be kind to others cuz everyone you know is fighting a hard battle wink

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12952773 11/01/18 11:15 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity

It is fall time and we have had a lot of rain in the month of October. It effected the fishing some. If I am not mistaking we had over 14 inches of rain for the month. Lake Ray Hubbard was 3.5 ft low in September and now is about .5 feet high. The white bass scattered and when you would find them they would move fast. This time of year electronics are very vital. I use a Hummingbird Helix 12 Mega and it works very well. It is very effective in scanning areas to locate fish or decide that they are not there. Also the fronts that are moving in will start a them feeding. White bass and Hybrid/stripped bass like to fatting up in the fall to get ready for winter. November can be very good fishing for Lake Ray Hubbard if you love the cooler weather, the later start times and the best part is the lake is pretty much empty even on the weekends.  
Hybrids

White Bass Patterns

Starting this time of year I start out throwing shallow. Sometime you will see shad and signs of life but most of the time you are basically bass fishing. Chunking and winding points, cuts and flats that have adjacent deep water near by.  As the water gets cooler you can catch them like this all thru out the day. Best times are right at daylight then right at dusk. If your shallow bite slows then move out to the drop offs and end of points anywhere from 15-22 ft depth to locate fish. Most of the times if you mark a few fish others see to show up, dont be surprised if its hot and heavy for 5 minutes then nothing. Move around in the area and re locate them. 

White Bass Lures.

You cant beat a 3 or 4 inch Co-Ho with a 1/2 oz head this time of year to throw shallow. If you are brave enough and do not mind the hooks a rattle trap in silver or chrome works well. Every now and then if I have some shad activity I will throw a 4 inch top water , spook, and work it back in quick burst then pause. White bass on Lake Ray Hubbard love a small 3/4 oz slab with jig about 12 inches above this time of year. There are a lot of thread fin shad and some quite small. 
White Bass Texas

White Bass Lake Ray Hubbard

We target White Bass year round .  Lake Ray Hubbard has a great white bass and hybrid Striper population.  For more information on Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide, follow this link.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12953306 11/02/18 02:39 PM
C
Coachzee Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Solid post JV. Love me some fall fishing on Hubbard. If you guys need some help finding them book with JV and he wont disappoint!

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12953788 11/03/18 12:20 AM
S
Scotty P Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
+1!!!

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12954008 11/03/18 10:11 AM
CHAMPION FISH Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Great info John. I hope to be out there this week some.

[Linked Image]
" Success is a ladder you can not climb with your hands in your pockets."

www.pro-cure.com
www.falconrods.com
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13107077 03/29/19 01:05 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Spring has sprung here on Lake Ray Hubbard. White Bass are doing multiple things at this time, They are moving up the creeks to spawn in large numbers this year because of the water levels and rain. Spring Break time was not very good as we had high winds and storms, which is normal in March. Large numbers of white bass are also still in the lake and April can be a fantastic time of year to catch these great fish. The days are longer which mean longer periods that the warm weather heats up the lake.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

White Bass Patterns
White bass will be ganging up in open water more to the North end of the lake, waiting for the perfect temperatures to start spawning. As they wait for the right time , they will eat heavily before they make their run. When the temps warm up you want to look shallow on windward points and flats. Another area to look at is the I-30 highway rocks. White bass will spawn on the rocks and sometimes the more wind the better. There will be schools of fish just off the rocks in the deep water staging waiting on temps to rise. Moving water is the key, white bass want moving water to spawn. Thats why its important to fish the windy side of structure. Be sure to your eye out for gulls this time of year. If you see large groups of birds hitting the water , ease in the area upwind and daft thru. Great spots to look are the deeper waters off of Robertson Park , The power plant jetty and deep flats close by river channels. Late afternoons have seen some bird action on the flats out from the Hilton Hotel and Robertson Park. Your electronics play a crucial part in finding whiteness this time of year. A lot of time all you will mark is little bumps in deeper water and when they move shallow they will be is smaller schools scattered .

White Bass Lures
When you find large schools staging in deep water I like to use the slab and jig combo. The size slab depends on how much wind there is, as I like to drift with drift socks most of the time. If you are spot locking or anchoring then use a 3/4 oz slab with a jig about 16 inches above. Most days they like a slow lift and sometime no movement at all. If you get lucky and fish birds , throw a small inline spinner like a rooster tail or a little George. I will also have a 4 inch sassy shad tied on, you never know when hybrids are mixed in with the white bass. When the water warms through out the day throw that same little George up on the shallow flats and points reeling just fast enough to keep it from hanging on bottom.

We target White Bass year round . Lake Ray Hubbard has a great white bass and hybrid Striper population. For more information on Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide, follow this link.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13107409 03/29/19 07:02 PM
N
ninglu86 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
very helpful, thank you!

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13109800 04/01/19 03:22 PM
N
ninglu86 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
read through the whole thing .. a lot of good helpful info in here

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13136204 04/27/19 12:39 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity

Spring is officially here on Lake Ray Hubbard !!! The spawning is almost over and the fish that are coming back from the creeks are on a feeding frenzy. I have been catching large numbers of fish from 2 ft of water to 26 ft of water. This time of year you start out with a jacket and end up in a T-shirt on most days, I love this time of year. Everything seems to come alive, shad are spawning , ducks are active and even the great Osprey bird of prey are out flying with small fish caught in their talons. I have been starting my trips back on the early schedule as a lot of fish are roaming the shallows looking for shad. It still amazes me till this day, how just a few weeks ago and during the early parts of February how somedays you can not mark a fish, then this time of year they are every place you look.

[Linked Image]

White Bass Lures

When you find shad spawning you have 2 very good options. You can throw a 3-4 inch swim bait with a light jig head or throw a mepps / rooster tail. The swim bait usually produces bigger fish as the mepps/rooster tail will produce more but you will have to pick thru them. I personally love throwing a top water lure but you will catch a lot less fish but the pure excitement will get your blood pumping. Use these same lures when you find birds working , they will produce very good results. If you are fishing deeper I use 3/4 oz slabs with a jig ties above. When fishing this method pay real close attention to your electronics. The fish sometimes will look like little pimples on the graph. Once you start catching them, they raise up and thats when the action begins. Once contact is made by your slab, just raise it slowly off of bottom will usually produce a strike. When watching your graph if you notice fish suspended reel up slowly thru the fish , and hold on !!

[Linked Image]

We target White Bass year round . Lake Ray Hubbard has a great white bass and hybrid Striper population. For more information on Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide, follow this link.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13136362 04/27/19 04:26 PM
F
Fishbonz Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.

Spring is officially here on Lake Ray Hubbard !!! The spawning is almost over and the fish that are coming back from the creeks are on a feeding frenzy. I have been catching large numbers of fish from 2 ft of water to 26 ft of water. This time of year you start out with a jacket and end up in a T-shirt on most days, I love this time of year. Everything seems to come alive, shad are spawning , ducks are active and even the great Osprey bird of prey are out flying with small fish caught in their talons. I have been starting my trips back on the early schedule as a lot of fish are roaming the shallows looking for shad. It still amazes me till this day, how just a few weeks ago and during the early parts of February how somedays you can not mark a fish, then this time of year they are every place you look.

[Linked Image]

White Bass Lures

When you find shad spawning you have 2 very good options. You can throw a 3-4 inch swim bait with a light jig head or throw a mepps / rooster tail. The swim bait usually produces bigger fish as the mepps/rooster tail will produce more but you will have to pick thru them. I personally love throwing a top water lure but you will catch a lot less fish but the pure excitement will get your blood pumping. Use these same lures when you find birds working , they will produce very good results. If you are fishing deeper I use 3/4 oz slabs with a jig ties above. When fishing this method pay real close attention to your electronics. The fish sometimes will look like little pimples on the graph. Once you start catching them, they raise up and thats when the action begins. Once contact is made by your slab, just raise it slowly off of bottom will usually produce a strike. When watching your graph if you notice fish suspended reel up slowly thru the fish , and hold on !!

[Linked Image]

BIG THANKS for Great Information!!

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13153280 05/14/19 12:34 AM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Post spawn his officially here on Lake Ray Hubbard !!! The spawning is over and the fish are on a feeding frenzy. I have been catching large numbers of fish from 2 ft of water to 26 ft of water. I apologize for the late reports but has you get older things seem to happen. Like just walking for instance, next thing you know you are at the orthopedic doctors because you stepped wrong and then stuck in a walking boot for 2 weeks. I had to reschedule trips until I was well. Standing in a boat , unloading and everything else was not possible, although I tried for 2 trips and that set me back a few more days. On Lake Ray Hubbard we have herons on the shore and gulls telling on fish . I have been starting my trips back on the early schedule as a lot of fish are roaming the shallows looking for shad. This is a great time to be on the water no matter who you hire or what lake, the fishing is outstanding this time of year.
[Linked Image]

White Bass Patterns
White bass will be chasing shad early in the mornings on flats right on the shoreline and into coves. A good tip is when you are going to an area if you see the Egrets and Blue Herons standing on the shoreline waiting for a Buffett of shad. Even if you do not see a fish, stop for a hot minute and throw towards the bank and if you have side imaging your screen will light up with fish activity . On bright sunny post front days this action will only last a short time or you only catch a few. I always tell people, drop your trolling motor and cruise the shoreline . On cloudy low pressure days, this action can last all day and a lot of times gulls will tip the fishes hand on location. Late evenings are also very good for locating fish chasing shad in the shallows, lots of birds on the water this time of year to give you an upper hand. When the shallow bite slows down look for long points, off of flats in about 18-26 ft of water and watch your electronics. There are huge schools of fish at times hanging those areas. I like to use a 3/4 oz slab with a jig about 1.5 ft tied above it often producing 2 fish at a time. You will have a lot of smaller fish mixed in but you can fill the cooler and catch a lot of fish at the same time. Be sure to know the difference between white bass and hybrids. There are a lot of under size hybrids mixed in this time of year. The Texas Game Warden will not have sympathy on you for not knowing the difference so if in doubt just throw it back.

[Linked Image]
White Bass Lures
When you find shad spawning you have 2 very good options. You can throw a 3-4 inch swim bait with a light jig head , little George type bait or throw a rattle trap, but be careful of the hooks. The swim bait usually produces bigger fish but the other 2 will produce the numbers . I personally love throwing a top water lure but you will catch a lot less fish but the pure excitement will get your blood pumping. Use these same lures when you find birds working , they will produce very good results. If you are fishing deeper I use 3/4 oz slabs with a jig ties above. When fishing this method pay real close attention to your electronics.Fish are easy to locate as shown in the picture I have posted, they are ganged up in nice groups. Once you start catching them, they raise up and thats when the action begins. Once contact is made by your slab, just raise it slowly off of bottom will usually produce a strike. When watching your graph if you notice fish suspended reel up slowly thru the fish , and hold on !!

[Linked Image]

Page 45 of 46 1 2 43 44 45 46
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide