Reel um N Guide Service

Owner
Lynn Atkinson

Water Temp.84

Normal pool 164.40

Water Clarity 2 feet

09-29-2018

The water level on Sam Rayburn is at 161.40 and is still coming up.

Fall Bass fishing on “Big Sam”.

We always look forward to fall fishing on “Big Sam”. As the weather cools the water the fish will get active chasing shad to fatten up for the winter. Most of our winter is in late Dec to the first few weeks of Feb. We never stop fishing because the best chance to catch a trophy is from Oct to April.

There are a lot of bass that have moved into the grass and are holding tight. The bite has been a little slow but if you cover a enough water you can find a few fish that are willing to stench your line. The top water bite has been on and off in the last few weeks but as things cool down things will pickup. Stanley Ribbits have been picking up a few fish around the pads and grass lines. The Pop-Rs have been working on the outside grass lines to draw a few good bites. The Stanley Spinner bait or crankbait is a sure way to cover lots of water looking for active fish. We've been picking up a few fish on the Stanley football jig off some of the creek ledges and long points. The bite has been very light and hard to feel. The bigger fish suck up the bait, you get a slight tug, then it’s gone and you feel the bait hit the bottom. Now, let’s talk about Texas and Carolina Rig. Stanley Jigs has come up with a new weight that is called the Wedge Head Weight and it works great when you're dragging through tough cover. I have been using one of them for days, without losing it, on my Carolina Rig. I’ll been pulling it though the pads and grass and it's unbelievable how well it comes through the stuff. I've also been using it on the offshore structure and ledges and again, it works great. Creature baits have been my best bait in 10 to 16 ft on ledges and creek channels.

The Crappie have still been biting with some pretty good slabs still coming in. Fall is here and the crappie will start to move up into the river. How far they will go is always a guess. We do catch a bunch all the way though the winter so don’t think they stop biting. We had some great folks out the other day and had a great time catching some nice size crappie. We love to watch the kids catch fish. The excitement on the boat is unbelievable as the kids “Reel um N”. The pontoon has plenty of room for everyone so get your group booked for a fall trip. There is plenty of shade and we have two fans to help you keep cool along with a changing room and port- o- potty, just in case. We did have a group that got close to 100 crappie the other day but just ran out of time to beat the leader in the contest.

God Bless
Lynn Atkinson

lynn@reelumn.com

srayburn@rayburncountry.com

Cell 979-220-0251

Lynn Atkinson
Reel um N Guide Service
srayburn@rayburncountry.com
http://www.rayburncountry.com
http://www.reelumn
lynn@reelumn.com
Cell 979-220-0251