Forums59
Topics1,038,778
Posts13,952,599
Members144,176
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: junk baits] #12873545 08/23/18 12:16 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: junk baits
Just wondering, for all of you that received checks from media last year for your tournament winnings and recieved the end year 1099 who's name was on the From line??

I can say, for the trails I fish, the checks I receive are B.A.S.S.,LLC AWARDS Div.

My 1099 each year comes from a different division of B.A.S.S. LLC.

My entry fees go "somewhere". Haha. But I get a text and an email confirmation from someone in Tenn.

So.... not the same pot of money. Much more like a business.

Never had an issue at my bank when I deposit them either. I even held onto my first check for a year to show friends and family. Lol.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12873560 08/23/18 12:31 AM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Just wondering, for all of you that received checks from media last year for your tournament winnings and recieved the end year 1099 who's name was on the From line??

I can say, for the trails I fish, the checks I receive are B.A.S.S.,LLC AWARDS Div.

My entry fees go "somewhere". Haha. But I get a text and an email confirmation from someone in Tenn.

Never had an issue at my bank when I deposit them either. I even held onto my first check for a year to show friends and family. Lol.

You talk a lot but Im wondering how many checks have you cashed from those guys. I will bet you I have cashed more checks from Media Bass and have never once had a problem either.
You already said you were not planning to and did not fish Media anyway but you like most others here continue to throw your two cents in to stir the pot.

Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: 9094] #12873567 08/23/18 12:40 AM
C
Chris Borden Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: 9094

You talk a lot but Im wondering how many checks have you cashed from those guys. I will bet you I have cashed more checks from Media Bass and have never once had a problem either.
You already said you were not planning to and did not fish Media anyway but you like most others here continue to throw your two cents in to stir the pot.

He is a legend! Just ask him!

Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: Spyder_Jig] #12873571 08/23/18 12:45 AM
Rangerkev Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
The problem I have is to many are not giving Gordon the benefit of the doubt. No one here actually knows what Gordon can and cant do. I'm sure he has to follow a process to make things right. What I don't like is posters acting butt hurt when they have never fished Media or ever had a problem. Media cant be compared to other trails. They have multiple divisions and multiple tournament directors. I will hold back my thoughts untill Gordon comes forth with the outcome. I'm so glad I dont have to be judged by many on here. No need for the truth. Yall convict before the truth comes out.

Rangerkev
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: Spyder_Jig] #12873572 08/23/18 12:45 AM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Yea Chris I got a little carried away on that one. I just hate this piling on BS by these hacks.
It would seem they would have something else to do.
You cashed quite a few yourself. Ever had one go bad?
Plus Im a lucky SOB as you know.

Last edited by 9094; 08/23/18 12:46 AM.
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: 9094] #12873573 08/23/18 12:47 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S

I'm not telling you how many times I cash a check each year. Lol. Its my own personal business. cheers

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12873579 08/23/18 12:51 AM
D
Drodge Offline
Drum Boy
Drum Boy
D

I'm not telling you how many times I cash a check each year. Lol. Its my own personal business. cheers

Really Im surprised you dont have it posted in your sig.

Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: 9094] #12873580 08/23/18 12:51 AM
C
Chris Borden Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Yea Chris I got a little carried away on that one. I just hate this piling on BS by these hacks.

Nope not one! I will continue to support media!

Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: Chris Borden] #12873589 08/23/18 12:57 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Chris Borden

He is a legend! Just ask him!

Nope. I'm just a guy that like to fish tourneys a lot and truly cares about the sport and I hate to see other guys that care about tourney fishing pretty much being told to pound dirt. For whatever reason.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: Rangerkev] #12873596 08/23/18 01:00 AM
D
Dtechman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
I dont think anyone owes him the benefit of the doubt. He owns media and his TD that works under his umbrella stiffed a paying customer. There are no legal ramifications for him paying the man his money and going after his TD himself. I own a business and I assure you that is what I would do to make it right for my customer and keep my companys reputation intact. If he never gets the money back from the TD he hired, that is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things to keep his customers happy and the business solvent.

4-5thstactical.com
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: ChuChu1] #12873607 08/23/18 01:06 AM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: ChuChu1
If some or all paid their entry fee to MediaBass, why were the winners checks drawn on a personal account of the TD?

I guess no one can answer the question.

Snowflakes and entitled brats will be the doom of America!

Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: Spyder_Jig] #12873614 08/23/18 01:11 AM
B
bradnitro175 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Dang 2 months that blows.Congrats on the win tho

Originally Posted by Trickster
BIG FAT BASS LIVES MATTER

Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: Chris Borden] #12873632 08/23/18 01:19 AM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Chris Borden

Nope not one! I will continue to support media!

BS I was there!

Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: Spyder_Jig] #12873653 08/23/18 01:33 AM
fosterfence Offline
Angler
Angler
To me character is about righting wrongs. So the OP waited 2 months to post. Longer than most, and he should be commended for that kind of patience in todays time. This post has so much said for 2 whole days, with a response. But, I still dont see the OP saying it has been made right. I would hock my wifes Wedding ring to right anwrong like that if I had to. I guess hard for me to understand. Even with litigation, there something to making it right. I feel sorry for those involved, but there is absolutely no reason after all this, even on bass blaster, that this hasnt been settled to the customer

Last edited by fosterfence; 08/23/18 01:34 AM.
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: 9094] #12873668 08/23/18 01:45 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

You seem to be a pretty good ole boy, almost certain it was you that won a boat on Hubbard Creek a few years back, let me ask you a hypothetical, say that boat certificate you won was not able to be redeemed, so you call the tournament director and ask what the deal is, the tournament director tells you " well the boat company is supposed to give you the boat, maybe in 2 or 3 months they will make good on the deal " how would you feel about that or what would you do ? Who would you hold responsible ? The tournament trail or the boat manufacturer ? I am sure Gordon is a good guy, I have fished many of their tournies, never had a problem ( well there was a plaque deal that was messed up ). There has been some piling on here, but the bottom line is Gordon could have and should have nipped this in the bud the very day he learned about it, that is what 90 % of the posters are saying. To let 3000 dollars possibly wreck a business is asinine. This will not keep me from fishing a Media event, I just hope there are still some to fish.

[Linked Image]
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide