Forums59
Topics1,039,218
Posts13,961,130
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873293 08/22/18 08:26 PM
T
texasbass1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Tommy,
Well said and I'll see you at the championships.

Pat Leach
USAF MSgt Retired
92 Procraft 180 Pro
24 Mercury 150 Pro XS 4 Stroke
Minn Kota Ulterra 80
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873301 08/22/18 08:29 PM
R
Rducky Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I was good friends with Gordon's mother who used to fish with BassnGals and have known Gordon since before there was a Media Bass Trail. Through the years I have fished and cashed in many Media tournaments and never had an issue with getting paid. While I have not always agreed with Gordon's decisions regarding Media they were his to make and not mine. I do not regard Gordon as a close friend but do feel that he is an honest person and think that he will eventually do the right thing. I just hope that the way he has or has not handled this issue does not destroy a business that he has worked hard and long to establish.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873304 08/22/18 08:33 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: Tommy Morton
Gordon Stauffer will make this right when he is legally in the position to do so. He is stand up, forthright and a man of god....bank that!!!!

No horse in this race, but there is no law that prevents one man from cutting a check to another. If you guys were worried about 3K in losses you surpassed that a few thousand views ago. Very good people can still be downright stubborn or foolish. I've always found these sorts of issues can usually be avoided with a personal visit, a hand shake, and lots of follow up communication.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873346 08/22/18 09:04 PM
havingfun Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
No I wont fish with media again...this was the icing on the cake. Put in a protest with the west division last year and he did nothing because he was friends with the other guy. Definitely not a member of media next year.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873384 08/22/18 09:28 PM
T
texasbassdude Offline
Angler
Angler
T

I am in the difficult position of not being able to say and/or do as much as I would like to because of pending litigation.

Gordon Stauffer
Media Bass
972-222-2207
gordon@mediabass.com

Total BS... You can send the winners their rightful money. As Lou Holtz says, "It's never the wrong time to do the right thing, and it's never the right time to do the wrong thing."

Coach sayin' it: https://youtu.be/8YFTJuJkrts?t=4m

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: RedEar12] #12873385 08/22/18 09:28 PM
thirtysixit Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted By: RedEar12
Plus, I see just about everyone on this thread jumping Gordon and nobody mentioning the real crook here.

100% correct and I feel for Gordon in that respect. Part of me wants to have a little sympathy for him, after all he isn't the criminal. The D-Bag who stole the money is. I totally get it. However, as the leader of an organization you are RESPONSIBLE for everything that your organization does OR fails to do. In this case Gordon is taking the heat he deserves. It comes with the territory.

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight."
- Lt. Gen. James M. Gavin
Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Jpurdue] #12873408 08/22/18 09:48 PM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Jpurdue
Gordon Stauffer will make this right when he is legally in the position to do so. He is stand up, forthright and a man of god....bank that!!!!

No horse in this race, but there is no law that prevents one man from cutting a check to another. If you guys were worried about 3K in losses you surpassed that a few thousand views ago. Very good people can still be downright stubborn or foolish. I've always found these sorts of issues can usually be avoided with a personal visit, a hand shake, and lots of follow up communication.

This is what I mean by piling on. Starting sentence no horse in this race but still just has to post a negative to go along with everyone else on the past 6 pages.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: havingfun] #12873411 08/22/18 09:50 PM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: havingfun
No I wont fish with media again...this was the icing on the cake. Put in a protest with the west division last year and he did nothing because he was friends with the other guy. Definitely not a member of media next year.

I call BS on this. But chime on big 3 posts guy.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873432 08/22/18 10:09 PM
M
Megafish Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
Gordon is a very good person and so is Tommy. I feel very fortunate to have been a participant with Media Bass and Truly believe that everything will be made good when they see fit. I'm in for the championships and next season!

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: 9094] #12873445 08/22/18 10:27 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: 9094
Originally Posted By: Jpurdue

This is what I mean by piling on. Starting sentence “no horse in this race” but still just has to post a negative to go along with everyone else on the past 6 pages.

Yep, public forum with the sole purpose of fostering discussion. So I discussed. I would have left it alone but for the pitiful explanation for doing nothing. If the owner won't do the right thing, maybe one of the tech savvy guys on here can start a go fund me so these guys can get paid and this thread can die. I kid. Sorta.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873463 08/22/18 10:48 PM
U
upside Offline
Angler
Angler
U
I have been fishing Media since its earliest days. Gordon will do the right thing, and I am sticking by him all the way.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: BigDozer66] #12873532 08/23/18 12:05 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: BigDozer66
My turn........

I am truly sorry that there are Anglers without there winnings...this will get corrected in time....

All Championships will go on as scheduled....I have had a few calls...

I have nothing to do with this instance, so I will stay away from most of it, but hear this...

I have made mistakes with my payout at tournaments, as a matter of fact over paid because of the mistake and swallowed it....

I have not written any hot checks while directing Media Bass business...and will not...

I have my DBA as Media Bass East Texas Teams, as I am an independent contractor of Media Bass...

I also have insurance for my DBA....

So, lets just say I'm a little different!!!!!!!! But this means something to me....
I work hard everyday for the sport, the resources and the people that make this better, and this is a black eye!!!
Now, I can't fix this problem that is 7 pages, but I can tell you that Gordon Stauffer will make this right when he is legally in the position to do so. He is stand up, forthright and a man of god....bank that!!!!

For you all that don't know me or Gordon, maybe you should know us....we are good people and our word means something to us.

Ask around...you will find that out!!!!!

As far as you all saying you aren't fishing Media Bass next year that are crucifying this organization that has been around for 30 years......jump off the wagon, especially you all that have never fished Media Bass, and we'll be fine. And we will have not stirred this into a punch bowl that no one wants to drink out of!!!!! It will be you.....

Many other organizations have come and gone....this one is here to stay!!!! BANK THAT!!!!!!!

Sincerly,

Tommy Morton
469-644-3123
if you need to call me for clarification!!!!!!!

Well said! cheers

More or less.......could be better. Maybe instead offfering to berate those that HAVENT fished your events, you could INVITE them on the premise that you, PERSONALLY, want to show them how well you host/run an event. (???)

You really should put your guts and personal feelings aside and take a third party look at what you guys are saying.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12873535 08/23/18 12:08 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: BigDozer66
My turn........

I am truly sorry that there are Anglers without there winnings...this will get corrected in time....

All Championships will go on as scheduled....I have had a few calls...

I have nothing to do with this instance, so I will stay away from most of it, but hear this...

I have made mistakes with my payout at tournaments, as a matter of fact over paid because of the mistake and swallowed it....

I have not written any hot checks while directing Media Bass business...and will not...

I have my DBA as Media Bass East Texas Teams, as I am an independent contractor of Media Bass...

I also have insurance for my DBA....

So, lets just say I'm a little different!!!!!!!! But this means something to me....
I work hard everyday for the sport, the resources and the people that make this better, and this is a black eye!!!
Now, I can't fix this problem that is 7 pages, but I can tell you that Gordon Stauffer will make this right when he is legally in the position to do so. He is stand up, forthright and a man of god....bank that!!!!

For you all that don't know me or Gordon, maybe you should know us....we are good people and our word means something to us.

Ask around...you will find that out!!!!!

As far as you all saying you aren't fishing Media Bass next year that are crucifying this organization that has been around for 30 years......jump off the wagon, especially you all that have never fished Media Bass, and we'll be fine. And we will have not stirred this into a punch bowl that no one wants to drink out of!!!!! It will be you.....

Many other organizations have come and gone....this one is here to stay!!!! BANK THAT!!!!!!!

Sincerly,

Tommy Morton
469-644-3123
if you need to call me for clarification!!!!!!!

Well said! cheers

More or less.......could be better. Maybe instead offfering to berate those that HAVENT fished your events, you could INVITE them on the premise that you, PERSONALLY, want to show them how well you host/run an event. (???)

You really should put your guts and personal feelings aside and take a third party look at what you guys are saying.

Really, you are something else.

Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: reinke] #12873591 08/23/18 12:58 AM
C
Chuck72 Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Originally Posted By: reinke
I have fished Media several times in a couple of divisions. I have had a few issues with Gordon. He has corrected the problem but I still did not feel good about the way he handled it. He always made it to me that I was at fault or that everyone else was fine with something and that I alone was making it an issue.

This has been my experience as well, and I got a routine about how put out he was. I think he communicates very poorly to people. If I didn't like the TD I would have stopped fishing them last year after my run in. I will continue to fish Media as I trust the TD that runs my area.

Last edited by Chuck72; 08/23/18 03:23 AM.

-----------�----------------------------------------
2017 Bass Cat Eyra 250 Yamaha SHO
Re: Gordon has asked me to post for Media Bass... [Re: Tommy Morton] #12873592 08/23/18 12:58 AM
J
junk baits Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Tommy is legit and good guy. He is trying to give everyone that fishes his tournements not to worry that their money is in good hands. Steeeez as good as you are i would probably sign up for Bass Anglers Sportsmans Society Opens. Thats B.A.S.S. OPENS or Elites

GO FISH!
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide