Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: Brad R] #12827979 07/14/18 01:45 PM
D
Dbonz Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Thanks for all the info guys. Very interesting info too!

Brad, I do fish EM, LW, and MC which are close by for me. But I do like to try out other lakes (I fish a lot). One of my favorites is Grapevine but traffic is a killer coming home pulling a boat (traffic on Northside of Fort Worth is terrible - (new road construction didn't fix it). I like Benbrook also (easy to get to traffic-wise) but lake level is severely dropping there. I would fish Lake Weatherford also but the Marina doesn't open the gate until 8am on weekdays (I prefer being on the late at sunrise so that kills that lake).

So that leaves me with some possibilities of Arlington, Granbury, Joe Pool, Bridgeport (I've fished the latter three, but never Arlington).

I'm going to drive by Lake Arlington on my way home one day from work and check out the ramps/construction (I work in Grand Prairie area). I will watch where I step (lol).

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: Dbonz] #12829358 07/15/18 10:31 PM
zaspook Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
[quote=Dbonz]Thanks for all the info guys. Very interesting info too!

Brad, I do fish EM, LW, and MC which are close by for me. But I do like to try out other lakes (I fish a lot). One of my favorites is Grapevine but traffic is a killer coming home pulling a boat (traffic on Northside of Fort Worth is terrible - (new road construction didn't fix it).

When you fish Grapevine, take 114 West to Boyd then 730 to Azle it is 3 miles farther but it is faster.

With age comes wisdom, live to fish another day. <'(((>{
http://www.BCFW.org
Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: Dbonz] #12829925 07/16/18 01:46 PM
E
ezbassin Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
There is a drop box for your ramp fee at the second ramp, the one south of the Arkansas ramp. It is a wide ramp with a dock to tie up to and a good area for parking your truck and trailer.

Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: 361V] #12829972 07/16/18 02:18 PM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Originally Posted By: 361V
Some of the best shallow cover on Arlington is the pampers, milk jugs and Walmart bags! Flip em! laugh

The dirty diaper pattern is hot right now on the Westside, one problem, try not to get robbed by dope heads or one of the numerous drunks.... It is very dangerous over there, never get out of your boat...
I started fishing there in 1979, it was better than you would believe back then.. 8-lb fish were plenty, and larger..
This time of year can be rough, but it's like that on most lakes right now.. Good luck, I've caught some monsters from there..

Re: Lake Arlington Boat Ramps [Re: Dbonz] #12830508 07/16/18 10:13 PM
B
Brad R Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Ha! The dirty diaper pattern!

But, again, for sure try it at least once . . . I guess. No doubt about the occasional whopper or big bag pulled out of there.

Not enough nature for me, too much human nature I guess. I even think the lake is sort of stinky.

Did you guys see the video of a fairly well-known YouTube angler from up north somewhere who came down and fished the local spots? I had never seen him before but I can be heard "off camera" onn onw of his videos helping him photograph a large bass he caught on Lake Athens, his biggest ever at around 8 lbs. or so. So, this guy pals around with the Googan folks a bit, somehow gets advised to try Lake Arlington. He fishes it and the whole video is him not able to believe how nasty the banks are with clutter. He said he'd seen trash before, just not mattresses and fridges, stuff like that. So, he decides to leave and try another lake. He gets back to the ramp and ties his boat off (he thinks) to go get his trailer. The boat breaks loose and he sees it floating away so he starts running down the dock, gets there and has to make that split second decision: "Can I dive in and swim to it, or am I too late?" He dives in, starts swimming, realizes very fast that it is not going to happen AND he is pooped out and close to getting in trouble so he makes it to a buoy and holds on for dear life. Another boater sees him in distress, picks him up and also helps retrieve his boat that had by then floated way off. He said he was close to drowning, all energy gone. So, he gets back to the ramp, ties off again, successfully, goes to get his trailer . . . and someone had slashed his tire. So, toward the end of the video, a guy had taken to a nearby tire retailer, brought it back and was putting it on for him with a big thanks from the worn-out Googan buddy.

This was just this past spring. Lake Arlington almost claimed a Yankee diver.

Brad

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide