Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Auto loan Question (buying today..maybe) #12827946 07/14/18 01:14 PM
airforcefishin Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Going to look at a Used F150 today and just trying to see if anyone has bought used lately and what kinda interest rates you are getting.

Will be my first time buying a truck off the lot so wanting to keep as much money in my pocket as I can. I have followed some treads on here about buying.

Tips or tricks appreciated, going to try and get them to let me drive it for the day

Last edited by airforcefishin; 07/14/18 01:15 PM.

Re: Auto loan Question (buying today..maybe) [Re: airforcefishin] #12827953 07/14/18 01:19 PM
D
Dognot Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Spags is the go to guy for these questions.

Sometimes what didn't work out for you, did in fact, work out for you.

Haters going to hate and believers are going to believe.

Every man has two lives,The second one starts when he realizes that he has only one.

โ€œHard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.โ€
Re: Auto loan Question (buying today..maybe) [Re: Dognot] #12827958 07/14/18 01:23 PM
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
good point

Re: Auto loan Question (buying today..maybe) [Re: Dognot] #12827960 07/14/18 01:24 PM
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Dognot
what is his full display name again?

Re: Auto loan Question (buying today..maybe) [Re: airforcefishin] #12828005 07/14/18 02:01 PM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Go to a lender that makes car loans (bank, credit union etc.) get a loan approval ahead of time with email or other advice. Car dealers as their first move try to get your identifiers so as they car slip off and check your credit. Multiple car dearlers or multiple lenders at one car dealer will result in multiple inquiries on your credit beureas which is a negative to your credit score. I understand dealers want to weed out poor credit tire kickers but if you have an approved loan it will only help you. This is not to mention the shear number of people you do not know having access to your most personal identifiers. You should know your credit and credit worthiness if they want to step up and offer a lower rate go for it but use caution.

Re: Auto loan Question (buying today..maybe) [Re: TR176] #12828017 07/14/18 02:12 PM
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: TR176
Go to a lender that makes car loans (bank, credit union etc.) get a loan approval ahead of time with email or other advice. Car dealers as their first move try to get your identifiers so as they car slip off and check your credit. Multiple car dearlers or multiple lenders at one car dealer will result in multiple inquiries on your credit beureas which is a negative to your credit score. I understand dealers want to weed out poor credit tire kickers but if you have an approved loan it will only help you. This is not to mention the shear number of people you do not know having access to your most personal identifiers. You should know your credit and credit worthiness if they want to step up and offer a lower rate go for it but use caution.

So I was preapproved this morning for a loan through USAA and know the interest rate, should I tell them i am preapproved already and see if they can beat the rate?

Re: Auto loan Question (buying today..maybe) [Re: airforcefishin] #12828020 07/14/18 02:14 PM
Brian Spagnola Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: airforcefishin
Originally Posted By: Dognot
what is his full display name again?

Rates are kind of high right now, if you have good credit look to see 3.99% or 4.99%.

If you have USAA you are golden, just let them know up front.

Re: Auto loan Question (buying today..maybe) [Re: airforcefishin] #12828022 07/14/18 02:16 PM
Moto-Moto Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I was just about to suggest calling USAA first.

Good luck with your purchase amigo!

Re: Auto loan Question (buying today..maybe) [Re: airforcefishin] #12828025 07/14/18 02:17 PM
S
skankysally Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S

So I was preapproved this morning for a loan through USAA and know the interest rate, should I tell them i am preapproved already and see if they can beat the rate?

Sure, when I bought my Tundra 2 yrs ago the dealership wouldn't go any less than 4.25 percent.

I called my credit union and they took it for 3.5 percent.

Re: Auto loan Question (buying today..maybe) [Re: airforcefishin] #12828026 07/14/18 02:17 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
When they ask how much of a monthly payment you can afford, tell them you are paying cash.

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Re: Auto loan Question (buying today..maybe) [Re: airforcefishin] #12828027 07/14/18 02:17 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B

Chances are they're not going to beat your USAA rate.

Hurry up, Dam B is calling.

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: Auto loan Question (buying today..maybe) [Re: airforcefishin] #12828033 07/14/18 02:20 PM
R
Ranger1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Inorder for them to get you a rate they will need to know your credit score. So they will need to pull your credit. They will have a hard time beating USAA unless you have 720 or better then you can go thru Ford credit and get zero to 1.9 apr. DO NOT focus on monthly payments. They are going to ask you what are you looking at for monthly payments.
You need to know what the vehicle is worth you are wanting to purchase. Monthly payments are not what is important it is what you are paying for the vehicle of choice.

Re: Auto loan Question (buying today..maybe) [Re: bigfishtx] #12828034 07/14/18 02:21 PM
Brian Spagnola Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: bigfishtx

Chances are they're not going to beat your USAA rate.

Hurry up, Dam B is calling.

Recently I have seen some people getting 6.99% or 7.99% with USAA that can actually get a lower rate. If a dealer is doing a million dollars worth of sales a month with a lender, a lot of times they can get you a little better deal if your credit is good.

Re: Auto loan Question (buying today..maybe) [Re: airforcefishin] #12828035 07/14/18 02:21 PM
Uncle Zeek Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Online Happy
aka "Dad"

Depends how quickly you want to get the deal done. Last time I bought a truck, I did this and the dealership beat it with a slightly lower rate. We didn't waste alot of time with them quoting me higher loan rates first.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Auto loan Question (buying today..maybe) [Re: airforcefishin] #12828048 07/14/18 02:37 PM
Brian Spagnola Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
It's really not that hard, at least this is my experience. If you go into a dealership thinking that they are going to play games, you automatically have a massive defense wall put up. Be nice, let them present you what they want, and tell them what you expect. The more games you play, the more they will play back. If you can get 4.99% or whatever you can qualify for just be up front. They can either get there or they can't. Now paying 600 for tint, 200 for nitrogen in the tires, that stuff is insane. Gap insurance, warranties are another deal. I put a warranty on every vehicle I buy my wife. I would rather spend 30 bucks a month I may never use, than ever have one month where I pay a $4,000 repair. If you buy a Camry or Civic, probably not worth it. But trucks and SUV's, buy one every time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide