Forums59
Topics1,039,376
Posts13,963,583
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Balog on the Lambert/Haynes Kentucky Lake Situation [Re: fouzman] #12768103 05/24/18 05:25 PM
Curtbass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
But, IF the long time "etiquette", gentlemens agreement, long time custom was followed (& I think that was the point Haynes was trying to make) had been followed, it would have been Haynes fishing it & Lambert could have went to find "other " fish. Haynes was the tournament "leader" on THAT day. Neither of them are bent pole pattern fishermen. I believe the etiquette, long time gentlemens agreement , tradition is NOW a thing of the past. This incident PROVES it to me. Money & the "Me,me,me!" Attitude has replaced long standing courtesy & traditions from the bottom all the way to the top level.

ELITE POWER SYSTEMS/ Elite Fishing Products
Lithium Battery & Charging Systems, Soft Plastics, Tackle,Tokyo Rigs
Tight lines & stay safe out there.Gods blessings
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Balog on the Lambert/Haynes Kentucky Lake Situation [Re: David Burton] #12768109 05/24/18 05:31 PM
B
Bullet20XrD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: David Burton
Snowflake Haynes, Hes in my spot, Im gonna take my lead and go home! stir
flameOn! duel

You're missing the point. It wasn't just this instance. Haynes has been followed around for the last 10 years on Kentucky, if not longer. How would you feel if every time you graphed for hours on end to find a winning school and then some guy just rides by, marks a waypoint, and then sits there every tournament using fish you found against you. Every time you hit the water, for 10 years. [censored] gets old real quick. Every time you fish, you end up having to find different ledges because anything you fished in the past becomes a community hole.

You can definitely see the difference of opinion from those that know how to ledge fish and find offshore structure vs. those that don't. It amplifies it when a $4,500 entry fee is on the line. Amplifies it even more when you are leading a $100,000.00 tournament.

He finally got sick of it and said screw it... and I don't blame him. Sure, he could've left and I'm sure caught 18-20 lbs elsewhere, but that wouldn't have gotten it done. He knew that. That ledge held the size of fish needed to win and he knew it (that's why he stayed on it for 3 days).

Re: Balog on the Lambert/Haynes Kentucky Lake Situation [Re: Bullet20XrD] #12768151 05/24/18 06:04 PM
Curtbass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Bullet20XrD
Originally Posted By: David Burton
Snowflake Haynes, Hes in my spot, Im gonna take my lead and go home! stir
flameOn! duel

You're missing the point. It wasn't just this instance. Haynes has been followed around for the last 10 years on Kentucky, if not longer. How would you feel if every time you graphed for hours on end to find a winning school and then some guy just rides by, marks a waypoint, and then sits there every tournament using fish you found against you. Every time you hit the water, for 10 years. [censored] gets old real quick. Every time you fish, you end up having to find different ledges because anything you fished in the past becomes a community hole.

You can definitely see the difference of opinion from those that know how to ledge fish and find offshore structure vs. those that don't. It amplifies it when a $4,500 entry fee is on the line. Amplifies it even more when you are leading a $100,000.00 tournament.

He finally got sick of it and said screw it... and I don't blame him. Sure, he could've left and I'm sure caught 18-20 lbs elsewhere, but that wouldn't have gotten it done. He knew that. That ledge held the size of fish needed to win and he knew it (that's why he stayed on it for 3 days).

EXACTLY!!!!

ELITE POWER SYSTEMS/ Elite Fishing Products
Lithium Battery & Charging Systems, Soft Plastics, Tackle,Tokyo Rigs
Tight lines & stay safe out there.Gods blessings
Re: Balog on the Lambert/Haynes Kentucky Lake Situation [Re: redskeet100] #12768169 05/24/18 06:18 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: redskeet100
Can't understand why he would quit, especially being at the top of the leaderboard. Call the guy an MF'er and then go to another hole and dig up some fish. Sound like Lambert didn't go there on Friday, but did again on Sat and maybe Haynes was there Friday and since he didn't see him there he felt he was infringing on his spot on Saturday. I get it, you're mad, but best way to stick it to the guy is go somewhere else and filly your bag.

Quitting and just wasting 4500 dollars and whatever was spent on travel accommodations is just ridiculous.

He doesn't need the money to survive and he probably felt he did not want to be a part of anything where the integrity is questionable anymore. I do not think him leaving was just for one tournament...

#MFGA
Re: Balog on the Lambert/Haynes Kentucky Lake Situation [Re: Fishinfellow] #12768180 05/24/18 06:28 PM
C
Chris_K Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow
Lambert be like:

roflmao

Re: Balog on the Lambert/Haynes Kentucky Lake Situation [Re: fouzman] #12768189 05/24/18 06:30 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
You have to look no further than the Sabine River in 2013 when Alton Jones was at bottom end of the final 12 going into the last day and Rojas was at the top end of the field and Jones chose to go into the area he knew Rojas was fishing.

That was a true show of not much integrity on Jones' part...

#MFGA
Re: Balog on the Lambert/Haynes Kentucky Lake Situation [Re: fouzman] #12768198 05/24/18 06:34 PM
Bissett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
So Haynes pulled up to the spot AFTER Lambert, Lambert told Haynes to go ahead up pull up beside him and fish there, then Haynes threw a fit about it and quit?? loco

Re: Balog on the Lambert/Haynes Kentucky Lake Situation [Re: fouzman] #12768204 05/24/18 06:38 PM
Champion1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Yep

www.TuffSkinz.net
www.basscat.com
�It�s all in your head. It doesn�t matter if your 6 or 60. You can participate in this sport."-Rick Clunn
Re: Balog on the Lambert/Haynes Kentucky Lake Situation [Re: Douglas J] #12768215 05/24/18 06:44 PM
fouzman Offline OP
Methuselah
OP Offline
Methuselah
Originally Posted By: Doug R.
You have to look no further than the Sabine River in 2013 when Alton Jones was at bottom end of the final 12 going into the last day and Rojas was at the top end of the field and Jones chose to go into the area he knew Rojas was fishing.

You want to see a true show of lack of integrity? Alton, who was nowhere near contention to win the 2009 Classic on the Red River, went into KJ's backwater pond on the final day, where KJ had caught 20 lbs the previous day. EVERYONE knew exactly where Kelly was fishing since it was just across from the launch and it was plastered all over B.A.S.S. the day before. Kelly ran around and caught a small limit of about 10 pounds, then headed to the pond once it warmed up a bit. As Kelly was going in, Alton was coming out. KJ asked "what do you have?" to which Alton replied "about 20 lbs". The little area was only big enough for one boat so, fishing behind Alton was fruitless as he had already milked it for what was there. Had KJ had unfettered access to the spot he had fished ALL WEEK and Alton had not, Kelly would have caught another 20 lbs and won that Classic by more than 4 lbs over Skeet. I know there are lots of AJ lovers out there, but I'm not one of them!

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Balog on the Lambert/Haynes Kentucky Lake Situation [Re: fouzman] #12768226 05/24/18 06:47 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: fouzman

You want to see a true show of lack of integrity? Alton, who was nowhere near contention to win the 2009 Classic on the Red River, went into KJ's backwater pond on the final day, where KJ had caught 20 lbs the previous day. EVERYONE knew exactly where Kelly was fishing since it was just across from the launch and it was plastered all over B.A.S.S. the day before. Kelly ran around and caught a small limit of about 10 pounds, then headed to the pond once it warmed up a bit. As Kelly was going in, Alton was coming out. KJ asked "what do you have?" to which Alton replied "about 20 lbs". The little area was only big enough for one boat so, fishing behind Alton was fruitless as he had already milked it for what was there. Had KJ had unfettered access to the spot he had fished ALL WEEK and Alton had not, Kelly would have caught another 20 lbs and won that Classic by more than 4 lbs over Skeet. I know there are lots of AJ lovers out there, but I'm not one of them!

Jones needs to find himself a Bible verse about potlicking roflmao roflmao

Re: Balog on the Lambert/Haynes Kentucky Lake Situation [Re: fouzman] #12768292 05/24/18 07:40 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: fouzman

Yep a lot of people don't see it but he's known for pulling stunts like that on tour. There's a reason you see a lot of pro's enjoying each other's company on social Media but big Alton and Alton JR are often-times at a table by themselves.

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: Balog on the Lambert/Haynes Kentucky Lake Situation [Re: fouzman] #12768317 05/24/18 07:52 PM
InTheClear Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I don't see anything positive from a business point of view for the actions of Haynes, surely his "no comment," will not be the answer he gives once the brands and logos start calling him.

Last edited by InTheClear; 05/24/18 07:53 PM.
Re: Balog on the Lambert/Haynes Kentucky Lake Situation [Re: InTheClear] #12768377 05/24/18 08:29 PM
K
kellisag Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Originally Posted By: InTheClear
I don't see anything positive from a business point of view for the actions of Haynes, surely his "no comment," will not be the answer he gives once the brands and logos start calling him.

From what I understand he owns a successful business. He probably doesn't give two [censored] about what the "brands and logos" say. There is a reason he fishes out of an unwrapped boat.

Re: Balog on the Lambert/Haynes Kentucky Lake Situation [Re: fouzman] #12768388 05/24/18 08:33 PM
C
Chris_K Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
The tour is a business/competition. Most people do it for a living, obviously Haynes doesnt but most do. Tradition or gentlemans agreement or not, I dont agree with not giving it a full send on day 3 because you arent in the lead. Thats a sure fire way to lose. Id be different if you were mathematically eliminated from the win, but Lambert wasnt... Look at the difference in checks for first and second place.

Re: Balog on the Lambert/Haynes Kentucky Lake Situation [Re: fouzman] #12768918 05/25/18 03:58 AM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Here you go

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index