Page 1 of 2 1 2
Minnkota Terrova for Dummies.. #12757811 05/16/18 05:49 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
J
I need the 'Minnkota Trolling Motor Guide for Dummies'..
I've had two Terrovas, the Gen 1, and installed currently the Gen 2. I love it, it does all
as advertised, and the Spot-Loc is amazing. I thought I knew all there is to know about mine.
I'm strictly a remote guy, it's around my neck all day on the water and works like a champ.
I had read 'all' the instructions and 'thought' I was pretty savvy with this wonderful piece of equipment.
So here's the DUMMY part, I'm looking at some YouTube videos on trolling motors and stumble across what's called
JOG, on my trolling motor. I'm embarrassed to admit I did not know what this is,...
On the remote, with SpotLoc engaged you push a button and the trolling motor will move the boat in five feet
increments up-down-left-right !!! Are you kidding me !!! you can push two rights for 10 feet, I feel so stupid I did not know this. Now I can pick a pile apart with JOG, or go slowly down the bank with JOG..
I'll be in the corner with the big pointed hat on... hammer

Re: Minnkota Terrova for Dummies.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12757835 05/16/18 06:20 PM
R
REDGUN Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
Now I can pick a pile apart with JOG,

Yes you can. VERY cool feature.

Re: Minnkota Terrova for Dummies.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12757856 05/16/18 06:44 PM
fuzzion Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Great feature. Glad you found it. thumb

Re: Minnkota Terrova for Dummies.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12758131 05/16/18 09:59 PM
F
Finaddict Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Did you know with I-pilot you can use your Humminbird as the remote and tell it to GO TO a waypoint? Just get close with motor and then tell TM to take you there and spotlock.

You know you are a fishaholic if you have more rods than your wife has shoes!

www.g-rods.com/collections/crappie-spinning
www.sscrapiejigs.com
www.constantpursuitoutfitters.com
www.chriswebbsfishing.com
www.fishingftworth.com

Survived Vietnam TET offensive 1968, 100% disabled compliments of Agent Orange.
NO regrets.....
Re: Minnkota Terrova for Dummies.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12758412 05/17/18 02:10 AM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
I've had two Terrovas, the Gen 1, and installed currently the Gen 2. I love it, it does all
as advertised, and the Spot-Loc is amazing. I thought I knew all there is to know about mine.
I'm strictly a remote guy, it's around my neck all day on the water and works like a champ.
I had read 'all' the instructions and 'thought' I was pretty savvy with this wonderful piece of equipment.
So here's the DUMMY part, I'm looking at some YouTube videos on trolling motors and stumble across what's called
JOG, on my trolling motor. I'm embarrassed to admit I did not know what this is,...
On the remote, with SpotLoc engaged you push a button and the trolling motor will move the boat in five feet
increments up-down-left-right !!! Are you kidding me !!! you can push two rights for 10 feet, I feel so stupid I did not know this. Now I can pick a pile apart with JOG, or go slowly down the bank with JOG..
here ya go champ dunce bolt

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Minnkota Terrova for Dummies.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12758612 05/17/18 11:15 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
I forget what its called, but the feature that lets you set a track, such as along a bank or weedline....then you can repeat that track as often as necessary...really cool feature, as well, especially on rivers and in creeks.

Re: Minnkota Terrova for Dummies.. [Re: crapicat] #12758652 05/17/18 12:06 PM
T
TroyKing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: crapicat
I forget what its called, but the feature that lets you set a track, such as along a bank or weedline....then you can repeat that track as often as necessary...really cool feature, as well, especially on rivers and in creeks.

I i think its the optional "link" model...I am doing my homwork right now on these motors,...dont know if i want the ultrex or ulterra...but its fixing to happen this month. banana

Last edited by TroyKing; 05/17/18 12:06 PM.

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: Minnkota Terrova for Dummies.. [Re: TroyKing] #12758794 05/17/18 01:57 PM
S
Slewfoot Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted By: TroyKing

I i think its the optional "link" model...I am doing my homwork right now on these motors,...dont know if i want the ultrex or ulterra...but its fixing to happen this month. banana

You have to have the link to set a course to follow. I figured I wouldn't use any of that stuff. I had it on the Xi5 and never used it! Got to try out the Ultrex with the 360 yesterday for the first time. Those crappie are in trouble! They better rent an apartment in the city if they wanna hide now! roflmao

Re: Minnkota Terrova for Dummies.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12758802 05/17/18 02:01 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
J
These trolling motors (to me) are the most significant change to fishing in years,
and they will only get better...amazing. I agree, they can run, but they cant hide...!!
hooked

Re: Minnkota Terrova for Dummies.. [Re: Slewfoot] #12758813 05/17/18 02:07 PM
T
TroyKing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Slewfoot

You have to have the link to set a course to follow. I figured I wouldn't use any of that stuff. I had it on the Xi5 and never used it! Got to try out the Ultrex with the 360 yesterday for the first time. Those crappie are in trouble! They better rent an apartment in the city if they wanna hide now! roflmao

Do you use the link to the graph for following a course?

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: Minnkota Terrova for Dummies.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12758896 05/17/18 02:58 PM
P
PKfishin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
Looks like I need to budget for the gen 2. I have the gen one and "spot lock" should have been named wander around and bash into something. I also have horrible problems keeping the gen 1 remote working. I need to see what All Star or others will give for my old unit and just get the new one. When my remote is working I really like the unit I have now. If it would spot lock better I would love it. There is just sometimes when I really need to be on a spot and cannot tie up to anything.

John 21:3 Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee.
Re: Minnkota Terrova for Dummies.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12761770 05/19/18 08:20 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
J
Tried my JOG today,...hotdam !! Now that is cool, up back left right, amazing.
what can possibly be next.. fish

Re: Minnkota Terrova for Dummies.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12762186 05/20/18 10:20 AM
W
Waco Kid Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
W
you have drank the Kool-Aid my friend. Me too, I just put my new Terrova on my boat last week and I love it.

Re: Minnkota Terrova for Dummies.. [Re: JIM SR.] #12763582 05/21/18 03:00 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I'm gonna have to get me one of those! banana

Well it is already on the list of things to get for my boat. cheers

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Minnkota Terrova for Dummies.. [Re: TroyKing] #12763706 05/21/18 04:44 PM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Slewfoot

Do you use the link to the graph for following a course?

You can record a course on the tm itself, save it and then follow it in the direction that you want. What the link will allow it to do is to follow a contour line off of your lake master map. It will also allow you to save more spot lock markers and routes. You'll also be able to just tell it to go to a saved spotlock point or waypoint that is saved on your humminbird.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide