Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat [Re: hamlet5] #12753110 05/13/18 01:54 AM
R
Rayzor Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
All manufacturers have a "top-of-the-line" boat. One fishermen will tell you Ranger. Someone else will tell you Legend. If your talking about forking out $75K+ boat, it had better be nice!

You have to get out there and look at them all. Then when you find that "one", have the dealership set up a test ride. No different than a car......

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat [Re: hamlet5] #12753231 05/13/18 04:15 AM
T-racer @ Mallard Marine Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Bullet 21SST....

Mallard Marine Nacogdoches, Tx
936-225-3244 - Authorized Sales/Service
Mercury Outboards - Allison Boats
Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat [Re: SC-001] #12753244 05/13/18 04:54 AM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy
Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
Originally Posted By: Ken A.
[quote=hamlet5]

I would also keep my eye out for the new Vexus. They will be bringing their fiberglass boats out in a few months. If my suspicions are accurate they will bring a premium quality boat to market $10-$15K lower than the ones mentioned above to gain market share for the first 2-3 years then raise the price as they sign on Pros.

If you've followed Phoenix this was their marketing strategy. The dealer near me has Phoenix & Skeeter on the same showroom. I was amazed at how much boat you could buy for the $$ when Phoenix first hit the floor. Then they started gaining popularity and signing BASS Elite pros. A few years later they are more than the Skeeters rigged identically.

I will be watching that too, I've also heard they will be a premium boat with the first 100K loaded price tag, we shall see, as for the whole deal with legend its a d@mn shame.

I've already seen two Rangers that topped that mark. They had this rig with a few more bells & whistles at the Allen Cabelas that was $105,000.

https://www.rangerboats.com/fiberglass/b...andard_features

Last edited by Ken A.; 05/13/18 05:04 AM.

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat [Re: SC-001] #12753290 05/13/18 10:16 AM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
Originally Posted By: Ken A.
[quote=hamlet5]

I would also keep my eye out for the new Vexus. They will be bringing their fiberglass boats out in a few months. If my suspicions are accurate they will bring a premium quality boat to market $10-$15K lower than the ones mentioned above to gain market share for the first 2-3 years then raise the price as they sign on Pros.

If you've followed Phoenix this was their marketing strategy. The dealer near me has Phoenix & Skeeter on the same showroom. I was amazed at how much boat you could buy for the $$ when Phoenix first hit the floor. Then they started gaining popularity and signing BASS Elite pros. A few years later they are more than the Skeeters rigged identically.

I will be watching that too, I've also heard they will be a premium boat with the first 100K loaded price tag, we shall see, as for the whole deal with legend its a d@mn shame.

Basscat and Ranger passed the $100k mark long ago.

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat [Re: Rayzor] #12753609 05/13/18 06:10 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Rayzor
All manufacturers have a "top-of-the-line" boat. One fishermen will tell you Ranger. Someone else will tell you Legend. If your talking about forking out $75K+ boat, it had better be nice!

You have to get out there and look at them all. Then when you find that "one", have the dealership set up a test ride. No different than a car......

This, and I will be watching for the Vexus, I think they will be a little more affordable at first but it will still be the same as buying one of the other top of of the line boats, I think they are going to make a very fine boat that will be very very expensive after the first year.

[Linked Image]
Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat [Re: hamlet5] #12753641 05/13/18 06:49 PM
F
forkduc Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Skeeter for life!

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat [Re: hamlet5] #12754195 05/14/18 11:49 AM
lamoon78 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
BassCat
Phoenix

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat [Re: hamlet5] #12754266 05/14/18 12:52 PM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
If you shop around you can save a lot of money on a new boat also. I bought my Bass Cat Eyra new. I just had two guys up at Rayburn ask me how much I gave for it and they were shocked. Its got about every option available on it also. Theres lots of great boats today. I like the Bass Cats and their customer service. So, for me I just have to choose the model, thats the only decision for me.

Get a ride in the ones you like. The local Bass Cat rep and dealer met me at Conroe and had two boats I had narrowed it down to there for me to try out. They took me, my son, and my wife out in the two boats.

Bass Cat Eyra
Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat [Re: hamlet5] #12754267 05/14/18 12:52 PM
F
FlatBack4 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
To answer this question, I need to know several things?

By "top of the line, loaded bass boat", there are several kinds.

1. Do you want your neighbors to be impressed? If so, it's all about how it looks in your yard/driveway. Silver metal fleck, red and black with a big 'ol Merc. OMG! People just walk by and point and stare and talk. It's nervana! I recommend washing your boat a lot. Then, you'll have people wanting to stop and talk about your boat.
2. Do you want people at Dairy Queen to be impressed? If so, it's all about how it looks behind your truck. The old men will sit in the DQ chomping on their BeltBuster talking of the old days when they had a KingFisher.
3. Do you want people at the loading ramp to be impressed? If so, it's #2 above as well as your "matching" truck. Oh yeah, and what you're wearing. I can't stress that enough. If you're not wearing HUK gear, OMG... people will just roll their eyes. POSER!
4. Do you want people on the lake to be impressed? Then it's all about the rooster tail. No matter what the max engine size is, be sure to scratch it off and get a bigger motor. For God's sake... Only fish when there's nobody around. If people can see, just go! Up and down the lake... Back and forth. If you actually stop and fish, it's like you're letting everyone know that someone else is the Big Dawg of Lake!

Now, it's important to realize. The only people that will actually act like they're impressed are those with better rigs. They're really not impressed. They just want to act that way so you'll be impressed with their rig. Everyone else that's actually impressed will ignore you. Unfortunately, those that aren't impressed will ignore you too, so sometimes it's kinda difficult to tell which is which. That's kinda the problem. It take practice. After you spent all that money and until you learn which are and which aren't, it can be kind of a let down if you let it be. DON'T LET IT BE! Being a fisherman is all about "the look". Everyone knows, the better you look, the better fisherman you are. Eventually, you'll be elevated above "fisherman" to "angler". Then, OMG... then, you don't even have to pay for anything.

Now, I think I'll go over to another thread to give my thoughts on why having 10, 20 maybe 30 pounds of plastics is really important.

Last edited by FlatBack4; 05/14/18 12:55 PM.
Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat [Re: FlatBack4] #12754281 05/14/18 12:59 PM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: FlatBack4

1. Do you want your neighbors to be impressed? If so, it's all about how it looks in your yard/driveway. Silver metal fleck, red and black with a big 'ol Merc. OMG! People just walk by and point and stare and talk. It's nervana! I recommend washing your boat a lot. Then, you'll have people wanting to stop and talk about your boat.
2. Do you want people at Dairy Queen to be impressed? If so, it's all about how it looks behind your truck. The old men will sit in the DQ chomping on their BeltBuster talking of the old days when they had a KingFisher.
3. Do you want people at the loading ramp to be impressed? If so, it's #2 above as well as your "matching" truck. Oh yeah, and what you're wearing. I can't stress that enough. If you're not wearing HUK gear, OMG... people will just roll their eyes. POSER!
4. Do you want people on the lake to be impressed? Then it's all about the rooster tail. No matter what the max engine size is, be sure to scratch it off and get a bigger motor. For God's sake... Only fish when there's nobody around. If people can see, just go! Up and down the lake... Back and forth. If you actually stop and fish, it's like you're letting everyone know that someone else is the Big Dawg of Lake!

Now, it's important to realize. The only people that will actually act like they're impressed are those with better rigs. They're really not impressed. They just want to act that way so you'll be impressed with their rig. Everyone else that's actually impressed will ignore you. Unfortunately, those that aren't impressed will ignore you too, so sometimes it's kinda difficult to tell which is which. That's kinda the problem. It take practice. After you spent all that money and until you learn which are and which aren't, it can be kind of a let down if you let it be. DON'T LET IT BE! Being a fisherman is all about "the look". Everyone knows, the better you look, the better fisherman you are. Eventually, you'll be elevated above "fisherman" to "angler". Then, OMG... then, you don't even have to pay for anything.

Now, I think I'll go over to another thread to give my thoughts on why having 10, 20 maybe 30 pounds of plastics is really important.

Then some people just like nice stuff, enjoy fishing, and could care less what anyone else thinks.

Bass Cat Eyra
Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat [Re: FlatBack4] #12754283 05/14/18 01:00 PM
BAllen91 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted By: FlatBack4

This all you really need to know..bravo!

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat [Re: hamlet5] #12754286 05/14/18 01:00 PM
Notaguide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Flatback youve got the post of the year imo

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat [Re: hamlet5] #12754342 05/14/18 01:33 PM
B
boocat Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
True that there are a bunch of guys out there that want everybody to know that they are the big dog, see them all the time. But op simply stated quality, fish ability and performance. Kinda legit criteria

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat [Re: hamlet5] #12754635 05/14/18 03:58 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Go to Fun N Sun in Hurst and if you've got any money or good credit you'll leave there with just what you wanted and people will ride beside you all the way home admiring your new FX 21 or 921. I'm partial to red, silver, white and black on a bass boat but if you get either of the above just about any color will work. Now be cool about it, you can't pull a $75,000 boat behind a 2000 model F-150. That will only get you some rolled eyes.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat [Re: hamlet5] #12754657 05/14/18 04:10 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
FX21 for my money.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide