Texas Fishing Forum

Top of the line loaded bass boat

Posted By: hamlet5

Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/12/18 11:06 AM

for new boats 2018
opinions please on the best for quality, fish-ability, and handling.

Ranger
Basscat

others?
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/12/18 11:15 AM

Bass boats are just like women, You have to find one that suites your desires

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/12/18 11:23 AM

lol
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/12/18 12:46 PM

Charger 210 elite
Posted By: basshc

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/12/18 12:53 PM

Skeeter FX
Posted By: JDJ01

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/12/18 12:54 PM

If you're looking at the two listed, The Lynx is pretty much gonna be hard to beat with a Ranger
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/12/18 01:34 PM

You can add Phoenix to the list especially the 921 and PHX 21
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/12/18 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: basshc
Skeeter FX

^^^This^^^

While i can't personally speak on the Lynx, i fish with two fellas that have been long time Basscat guys, both have went to the Skeeter FX, my Uncle has a 2016 Puma, and swears his 98 Pantera II rode better than his Puma does.
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/12/18 02:04 PM

Phoenix, Triton, or Bullet. Any of those 3 do it for me.
Posted By: Drodge

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/12/18 02:26 PM

Bass tracker!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/12/18 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: hamlet5
for new boats 2018
opinions please on the best for quality, fish-ability, and handling.

Ranger
Basscat

others?

Ranger
BassCat
Skeeter
Phoenix

Not in any order. They are all good boats. You just need to go look hard at them and decide which one you like the best as far as layout. I would include Legend in that group too but I fear they are not long for this world.

I would also keep my eye out for the new Vexus. They will be bringing their fiberglass boats out in a few months. If my suspicions are accurate they will bring a premium quality boat to market $10-$15K lower than the ones mentioned above to gain market share for the first 2-3 years then raise the price as they sign on Pros.

If you've followed Phoenix this was their marketing strategy. The dealer near me has Phoenix & Skeeter on the same showroom. I was amazed at how much boat you could buy for the $$ when Phoenix first hit the floor. Then they started gaining popularity and signing BASS Elite pros. A few years later they are more than the Skeeters rigged identically.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/12/18 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
[quote=hamlet5]

I would also keep my eye out for the new Vexus. They will be bringing their fiberglass boats out in a few months. If my suspicions are accurate they will bring a premium quality boat to market $10-$15K lower than the ones mentioned above to gain market share for the first 2-3 years then raise the price as they sign on Pros.

If you've followed Phoenix this was their marketing strategy. The dealer near me has Phoenix & Skeeter on the same showroom. I was amazed at how much boat you could buy for the $$ when Phoenix first hit the floor. Then they started gaining popularity and signing BASS Elite pros. A few years later they are more than the Skeeters rigged identically.

I will be watching that too, I've also heard they will be a premium boat with the first 100K loaded price tag, we shall see, as for the whole deal with legend its a d@mn shame.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/12/18 07:22 PM

The best one you can afford with the options / accessories you want...
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/12/18 07:28 PM

You buyin' or just kicking tires ?
Posted By: kevine80

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/13/18 01:45 AM

THE ONE YOU CAN WRITE A CHECK FOR ----IT WILL RIDE BETTER THAN ALL THE OTHERS !
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/13/18 01:54 AM

All manufacturers have a "top-of-the-line" boat. One fishermen will tell you Ranger. Someone else will tell you Legend. If your talking about forking out $75K+ boat, it had better be nice!

You have to get out there and look at them all. Then when you find that "one", have the dealership set up a test ride. No different than a car......
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/13/18 04:15 AM

Bullet 21SST....
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/13/18 04:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
[quote=hamlet5]

I will be watching that too, I've also heard they will be a premium boat with the first 100K loaded price tag, we shall see, as for the whole deal with legend its a d@mn shame.

I've already seen two Rangers that topped that mark. They had this rig with a few more bells & whistles at the Allen Cabelas that was $105,000.

https://www.rangerboats.com/fiberglass/b...andard_features
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/13/18 10:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
[quote=hamlet5]

Basscat and Ranger passed the $100k mark long ago.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/13/18 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Rayzor
All manufacturers have a "top-of-the-line" boat. One fishermen will tell you Ranger. Someone else will tell you Legend. If your talking about forking out $75K+ boat, it had better be nice!

You have to get out there and look at them all. Then when you find that "one", have the dealership set up a test ride. No different than a car......

This, and I will be watching for the Vexus, I think they will be a little more affordable at first but it will still be the same as buying one of the other top of of the line boats, I think they are going to make a very fine boat that will be very very expensive after the first year.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/13/18 06:49 PM

Skeeter for life!
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/14/18 11:49 AM

BassCat
Phoenix
Posted By: C130

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/14/18 12:52 PM

If you shop around you can save a lot of money on a new boat also. I bought my Bass Cat Eyra new. I just had two guys up at Rayburn ask me how much I gave for it and they were shocked. It’s got about every option available on it also. There’s lots of great boats today. I like the Bass Cats and their customer service. So, for me I just have to choose the model, that’s the only decision for me.

Get a ride in the ones you like. The local Bass Cat rep and dealer met me at Conroe and had two boats I had narrowed it down to there for me to try out. They took me, my son, and my wife out in the two boats.
Posted By: FlatBack4

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/14/18 12:52 PM

To answer this question, I need to know several things?

By "top of the line, loaded bass boat", there are several kinds.

1. Do you want your neighbors to be impressed? If so, it's all about how it looks in your yard/driveway. Silver metal fleck, red and black with a big 'ol Merc. OMG! People just walk by and point and stare and talk. It's nervana! I recommend washing your boat a lot. Then, you'll have people wanting to stop and talk about your boat.
2. Do you want people at Dairy Queen to be impressed? If so, it's all about how it looks behind your truck. The old men will sit in the DQ chomping on their BeltBuster talking of the old days when they had a KingFisher.
3. Do you want people at the loading ramp to be impressed? If so, it's #2 above as well as your "matching" truck. Oh yeah, and what you're wearing. I can't stress that enough. If you're not wearing HUK gear, OMG... people will just roll their eyes. POSER!
4. Do you want people on the lake to be impressed? Then it's all about the rooster tail. No matter what the max engine size is, be sure to scratch it off and get a bigger motor. For God's sake... Only fish when there's nobody around. If people can see, just go! Up and down the lake... Back and forth. If you actually stop and fish, it's like you're letting everyone know that someone else is the Big Dawg of Lake!

Now, it's important to realize. The only people that will actually act like they're impressed are those with better rigs. They're really not impressed. They just want to act that way so you'll be impressed with their rig. Everyone else that's actually impressed will ignore you. Unfortunately, those that aren't impressed will ignore you too, so sometimes it's kinda difficult to tell which is which. That's kinda the problem. It take practice. After you spent all that money and until you learn which are and which aren't, it can be kind of a let down if you let it be. DON'T LET IT BE! Being a fisherman is all about "the look". Everyone knows, the better you look, the better fisherman you are. Eventually, you'll be elevated above "fisherman" to "angler". Then, OMG... then, you don't even have to pay for anything.

Now, I think I'll go over to another thread to give my thoughts on why having 10, 20 maybe 30 pounds of plastics is really important.
Posted By: C130

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/14/18 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: FlatBack4

1. Do you want your neighbors to be impressed? If so, it's all about how it looks in your yard/driveway. Silver metal fleck, red and black with a big 'ol Merc. OMG! People just walk by and point and stare and talk. It's nervana! I recommend washing your boat a lot. Then, you'll have people wanting to stop and talk about your boat.
2. Do you want people at Dairy Queen to be impressed? If so, it's all about how it looks behind your truck. The old men will sit in the DQ chomping on their BeltBuster talking of the old days when they had a KingFisher.
3. Do you want people at the loading ramp to be impressed? If so, it's #2 above as well as your "matching" truck. Oh yeah, and what you're wearing. I can't stress that enough. If you're not wearing HUK gear, OMG... people will just roll their eyes. POSER!
4. Do you want people on the lake to be impressed? Then it's all about the rooster tail. No matter what the max engine size is, be sure to scratch it off and get a bigger motor. For God's sake... Only fish when there's nobody around. If people can see, just go! Up and down the lake... Back and forth. If you actually stop and fish, it's like you're letting everyone know that someone else is the Big Dawg of Lake!

Now, it's important to realize. The only people that will actually act like they're impressed are those with better rigs. They're really not impressed. They just want to act that way so you'll be impressed with their rig. Everyone else that's actually impressed will ignore you. Unfortunately, those that aren't impressed will ignore you too, so sometimes it's kinda difficult to tell which is which. That's kinda the problem. It take practice. After you spent all that money and until you learn which are and which aren't, it can be kind of a let down if you let it be. DON'T LET IT BE! Being a fisherman is all about "the look". Everyone knows, the better you look, the better fisherman you are. Eventually, you'll be elevated above "fisherman" to "angler". Then, OMG... then, you don't even have to pay for anything.

Now, I think I'll go over to another thread to give my thoughts on why having 10, 20 maybe 30 pounds of plastics is really important.

Then some people just like nice stuff, enjoy fishing, and could care less what anyone else thinks.
Posted By: BAllen91

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/14/18 01:00 PM

This all you really need to know..bravo!
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/14/18 01:00 PM

Flatback you’ve got the post of the year imo
Posted By: boocat

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/14/18 01:33 PM

True that there are a bunch of guys out there that want everybody to know that they are the big dog, see them all the time. But op simply stated quality, fish ability and performance. Kinda legit criteria
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/14/18 03:58 PM

Go to Fun N Sun in Hurst and if you've got any money or good credit you'll leave there with just what you wanted and people will ride beside you all the way home admiring your new FX 21 or 921. I'm partial to red, silver, white and black on a bass boat but if you get either of the above just about any color will work. Now be cool about it, you can't pull a $75,000 boat behind a 2000 model F-150. That will only get you some rolled eyes.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/14/18 04:10 PM

FX21 for my money.
Posted By: SATopWater

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/14/18 11:05 PM

I've been happy with my Skeeter 20' iClass. This one I like better than the 19.5' Ranger I had before. I've had this one for 5+ years and haven't had anything more than simple things go wrong. Had issues with the Yamaha on it though, but Yamaha took care of them. I'm happy with the cost of ownership after 5+ years.

Haven't done any research in a while on the latest.

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/15/18 01:23 AM

I'm 52 years old. Really don't give a rats arse what other folks think about me or my status as a fisherman. I can catch and zero with the best on any day. However I do plan on buying one more boat before I leave for better waters, I like to hear all opinions on others experiences with products before shuckin out that kind of money. As others have said it is a lot of personal preference. I've owned King Fisher, Skeeter, Charger and now in a Ranger. Plan on trading up one last time just to experience all the new technology, We live in good times.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/15/18 01:24 AM

Legend... I don’t care what anyone else says.
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/15/18 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: hamlet5
I'm 52 years old. Really don't give a rats arse what other folks think about me or my status as a fisherman. I can catch and zero with the best on any day. However I do plan on buying one more boat before I leave for better waters, I like to hear all opinions on others experiences with products before shuckin out that kind of money. As others have said it is a lot of personal preference. I've owned King Fisher, Skeeter, Charger and now in a Ranger. Plan on trading up one last time just to experience all the new technology, We live in good times.

Get you a 22’3” long Ballistic bass boat with a 300
Posted By: bbexotics

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/15/18 01:32 AM

GAMBLER!!!!!
Posted By: FishFAN

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/15/18 01:38 AM

I've had two Skeeter's and two Rangers; have done what you are planning. I made the right decision - TRX22 Triton.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/15/18 01:41 AM

If money were no object, I'd get a fully loaded Ranger w/ a 250SHO. 3 Carbon 16's, an Ultrex and a Fortrex, led lighting, lithium batteries, 10ft blades with drift paddles, a fiberglass motorized boat travel cover.

Probably wind up around $150,000.

Then I'd go win another working mans tourney with it and laugh all the way to the bank with $400 cash!
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/15/18 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
If money were no object, I'd get a fully loaded Ranger w/ a 250SHO. 3 Carbon 16's, an Ultrex and a Fortrex, led lighting, lithium batteries, 10ft blades with drift paddles, a fiberglass motorized boat travel cover.

Then I'd go win another working mans tourney with it and laugh all the way to the bank with $400 cash!

I wanna be your sponsor, Steez......we'll wrap mushrooms all around that rig and put a big "FUN-GI" on each side. You may have to fight off all the Dan's of the world.......

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/15/18 01:54 AM

2 trolling motors?

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/15/18 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry

2 trolling motors?

Fortrex will fit an Ultrex mount.....so I'd have the ability to swap what's best for the day.

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/15/18 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke

I wanna be your sponsor, Steez......we'll wrap mushrooms all around that rig and put a big "FUN-GI" on each side. You may have to fight off all the Dan's of the world.......

Man you can put whatever you want on it.....and I'll even wear those warmups and eat muffs if your footing the bill. Lol.
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/16/18 02:33 AM

dat's funny right there
Posted By: formula462

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/16/18 02:39 AM

Tracker 195
Posted By: fisherman2012

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/16/18 04:12 PM

Good one!!
Posted By: fisherman2012

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/16/18 04:15 PM

Two power poles a must have, gotta have two to really look good

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/16/18 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: danceswithbass

dat's funny right there

Funny and very true.

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/16/18 10:03 PM

Another thought would be to pick up a 6 month old guide boat from Fork. It will title as new and have a full warranty. Not to mention you can get it 15 to 20K less than a new one.

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/16/18 10:05 PM

You mean 2 Talons!
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/16/18 11:34 PM

Buying a guide boat is never a good idea
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/17/18 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Notaguide
Buying a guide boat is never a good idea

Yep, they are well broke in, if I were looking for a hardly used boat i would look for a dealer demo or a boat from one of the pros who does not fish as much, i almost bought one from Paul Elias a few years back, also one from Byron Velvick.
Posted By: Deja vue

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/17/18 01:34 AM

Go with a Fountain 47 Lightning! If it doesn't come with a trolling motor, look around on here. It's debated often. Then make your choice. Then you'll have the roostertail,speed, looks and other stuff covered
Posted By: Lone Star Ranger

Re: Top of the line loaded bass boat - 05/17/18 01:45 AM

Go to any prime fishing lake and you will always see Rangers, Skeeters, Tritons, Phoenix, Nitro, etc. It's what size and features you personally want and can afford. No one knows but you so go demo all of them as the price is too high for buyers remorse.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum