Found this nice drafting table out by the dumpster that's behind my office. I took it home with me and it makes a fine bench for tying flies

Tied up some bigger redfish crack and this time with Tungsten Dumbbells to get it down quickly in current or if the wind is moving the fly line. The two in the middle tied with extra small lead dumbbells are one pattern I might fish in shallow water sight casting situations with little to no current and they are on Gamakatsu SC-15 size 2 hooks. The rest are on either Mustad Big Game light size 2, Tiemco 600SP size 1 or Mustad Tarpon size 1/0. I've tied bigger Redfish Crack type of flies in the past and they have been effective, but I haven't ever used tungsten to weight them. Lead and brass just don't seem to have the density to stay down in tough wind and current. The nice thing about tungsten, I've used it on other patterns in the salt, is that for equal weight to lead, tungsten sinks more than twice as fast. At some point, weight of the pattern becomes the enemy when it comes to casting. I find tungsten to solve some of these weight issues when the situation calls for a bottom hugging pattern in current.

Hopefully, the bigger size and faster sink rate will be just what I need to stay in front of the fish when the wind and current are churning and muddying up the water, but the fish are there feeding. I cast the heaviest ones with my wind rod, an 8/9 weight Short Stix. They cast without issue. Actually, a relatively heavy fly, to a point, is not so bad in the wind. The extra mass without too much bulk helps it bore through tough headwinds.