Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Crappie on Fork - A Thermocline Day #12658123 03/04/18 11:52 PM
TexExp Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler

We stopped by Thermocline Lures on our trip to Lake Fork on Friday. The lake is chocolate milk or worse, really stirred up. Plus as you can see by the photo, it was a bluebird day. We had trouble finding fish and looked all around. No real pattern or depth yet. I wish I had a picture of the lake when we first pulled up to it. A sea of mud. lol

We always recommend stopping by Thermocline Lures on your trip to fork. They are right on 515 right before the bridge. They can always give you the latest colors and let you know a lake report. It worked for Carter. He picked up some jigs and caught him his new personal best at 2 pounds and six ounces. cool It was one of the colors Todd recommended.

This is what he used to catch his PB.

Had to work for them and hunt all around. the water is completely mudded out. frown

Stop by and see Todd and Belinda on your next trip out... or you can call them... or check out their website. cheers
It worked for Carter. We'll be back!

Re: Crappie on Fork - A Thermocline Day [Re: TexExp] #12658225 03/05/18 12:51 AM
P
pop r Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
P
thumb Todd and Belinda are good folks. They make some killer baits. You did great for muddy water conditions. clap

Re: Crappie on Fork - A Thermocline Day [Re: pop r] #12658355 03/05/18 02:12 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: pop r
thumb Todd and Belinda are good folks. They make some killer baits. You did great for muddy water conditions. clap

Huh? Belinda is a really good person...Todd is a good rascal...but DONT tell him I said so...I will do that myself! roflmao

Re: Crappie on Fork - A Thermocline Day [Re: TexExp] #12658754 03/05/18 02:30 PM
Gamblinman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
clap

Re: Crappie on Fork - A Thermocline Day [Re: TexExp] #12659150 03/05/18 05:18 PM
P
Pot licker Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
cheers

Texas Elite Angler 🎣
https://www.jiglyf.com
Re: Crappie on Fork - A Thermocline Day [Re: TexExp] #12659299 03/05/18 06:40 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Honestly TexExp, I make a pilgrimage over to Thermoclines location about once a year, and I try to make an overnight/weekend type trip out of it...it gives me a chance to visit, have dinner, check out their new offerings, and well just visit (when Im there I feel like Im back home with family)...Plus fishing with Tbox is a bonus, he is a pretty good stick, just in case you didnt know...Additionally, l have seen few people that can match his troller skills (Ernest is one), and the man is an absolute beast reading those electronics.

I recall when he first moved to lake fork...he spent the first few months graphing/griding the lake with only a few stops to fish, if he found something he really liked. That speaks volumes about his dedication to fishing and learning a lake...but if you think that is impressive, you should see his dedication to color combinations on those baits that Belinda produces...WOW, I am constantly amazed...tell you what...take a bait that you like by (any manufacturer, any style) and show it to Todd...he will break down the color combination for you (in about 15 seconds)...and he can tell you a better primary/secondary/ tertiary color for that bait faster than you can process the colors he just presented to you.

The thing that always struck me about fishing with Todd, if he saw an insect, Frog, minnow, etc and could get one in the boat...the analysis that he went through to break down the color combinations, was nothing short of amazing, and it was always broken down by the season and month of the year...just saying, it doesnt really matter what time of the year it is, if you stop by and ask him for three differerent color combinations that will work, chances are good, two of them will produce (of course you got to be able to get on fish and figure out a presentation). Normally, he knows what presentation is working, at any given time. The other thing, even though you may have those color combinations, chances are Belindas offerings are an improvement...because Todd broke down that color combination and inhanced it through in field analysis...Yes, Todd and Belinda make a great team...and their knowledge coupled with their baits, can help you put more fish in the boat...no matter what your skill level may be...minnow fisherman not withstanding... roflmao

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide